test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Starship Upgrades

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People are positive about the consoles, expect the Galaxy X.

But they are not final. Go to the thread, and ask Gorngonzolla nicely to give it a +1 tac instead.

An update on the list, thanks to Jaturnley:
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Of the ships I have available:

LOCKBOX:
    Mobius: +1 Tac
    Wells: +1 Sci
    Tal'Shiar BC: +1 Sci
    Tal'Shiar DD: +1 Sci
    Bastion: +1 Eng
    Palisade: +1 Tac
    Dromias: +1 Eng
    Nicor: +1 Sci
    Narcine: +1 Eng
    Contortix: +1 Eng
    Reculse: +1 Tac (Woot!)
    Orb Weaver: +1 Sci
    Monbosh: +1 Eng
    S'Golth: +1 Tac
    Apex: +1 Tac
    Hunter: +1 Tac
    Jem DNV: +1 Eng
    Jem Esc: +1 Tac
    Galor: +1 Eng
    D'Kora: NO UPGRADE BUTTON
    Adv. Obilisk: +1 Tac
    JHAS: +1 Sci

EVENT:
    Plesh Brek +1 Eng
    Chel Gret: +1 Eng
    Risian Corvette: +1 Eng (Bugged, gives +2 Eng at the moment)
    Risian Cruiser: +1 Eng (Some people reported +1 tac)

FED:
    Fed Dyson DD: +1 Eng
    Ody Sci: +1 Eng
    Ody Tac: +1 Tac
    Ody Ops: +1 Tac
    Steamrunner: +1 Tac
    Khyzon:+1 Eng
    Charal: +1 Tac
    Kumari: +1 Sci
    Chimera: +1 Tac
    Armitage: +1 Tac
    Galaxy Retrofit: +1 Tac
    Galaxy X: +1 Eng
    Excelsior Retrofit: +1 Eng
    MVAE: +1 Eng
    Defiant Retrofit: +1 Sci
    Avenger: +1 Eng
    Tempest: +1 Sci
    Atrox: BROKEN, Fix completed but will need to wait for next push.
    All three Vesta variants: BROKEN

KDF:
    Bort Tac: +1 Sci
    Bort Command: +1 Sci
    Bort War: +1 Sci
    Kar'fi: +1 Eng
    Peg'Qu: +1 Tac
    Marauder: +1 Tac
    Kling Dyson DD: +1 Eng

ROMULAN:
    Ar'Kif Retrofit: +1 Sci
    Mogai +1 tac
    Tvaro +1 sci
    Deridex +1 eng
    Dhelan +1 tac
    Scimitar: +1 Eng
    Tulwar: +1 Sci
    Falchion: +1 Tac
    Daeinos: +1 Tac

None of the fleet ships have the upgrade option at this point.

Scimitar +1 Eng! Nice! Along with the Charal and Mogai +1 tacs, these upgrades are shaping up nicely for my favourite ships!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    danqueller wrote: »
    If you are going to use the extra console slot (or any of the slots on the ship for that matter) for a Universal Console, it really doesn't matter what slot is added, as you can simply open up a slot of the type you want by moving a Universal into the new slot from wherever it was that you want to use.

For instance, in the case of the Galaxy X, if you were using the Cloak in a Tactical slot and the Saucer Sep module in a Sci slot, you could move either into the new addition to open either a Tactical or Sci slot for use.

Ultimately, the Galaxy class is a Cruiser, so Engineering is where the focus of the ship is going to be, so it's not surprising or really bad that it gets the extra slot where the ship is supposed to be focused.

Who puts universal consoles in tactical slots ? :eek:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Who puts universal consoles in tactical slots ? :eek:

Depends on the overall value of all other Consoles. Since a Universal Console can go anywhere, it's a case of comparing the Tac Console you'd be giving up vs any of the Eng/Sci Consoles you'd be giving up - including any other Universal Consoles that are slotted Eng/Sci. Depending on the build, one could decide it is better to give up the Tac Console than another Console. It's not going to happen often, but there will be certain builds where folks may not be running any Tac Consoles on their boats.
  • cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there any info on the upgrade to the Voth Bulwark Dreadnaught? I didn't see it on the list, so sorry if I missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    Why would i, after leveling a tier 6 up, spend money to upgrade my tier 5 ship and use the trait there ??
    Because you like the ship. T6s have a slight edge in that they have an additional BOFF power and can be more versatile, but let's face it Some T5 ships are amazing. I am planning on upgrading a number of my favorite ships and using my starship traits while flying those and to rotate between my T6 ships. There's a lot of options.

So uh...how are others taking that? How are they reading that?
    edited September 2014
    So uh...how are others taking that? How are they reading that?

I won't buy a T6 ship just to get one trait for my T5. Sorry. Too expensive just to throw away back for my T5.5.

I'll just upgrade the Charals, Fleet Mogai, and Scimitar I got. They are nice ships, good looking, and I pull 10-17k dps with them. I'll survive the content, and they look too cool to replace.

This is an emotion based decision, because I like how Charal looks and plays, and I think the Valdore skin is the best looking Trek ship ever, and I can use it only on Fleet Upgraded Mogai.

Of course, if a T6 ship comes out with a Valdore skin, I'll buy that.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited September 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I won't buy a T6 ship just to get one trait for my T5. Sorry. Too expensive just to throw away back for my T5.5.

I'll just upgrade the Charals, Fleet Mogai, and Scimitar I got. They are nice ships, good looking, and I pull 10-17k dps with them. I'll survive the content, and they look too cool to replace.

Well, for me - I think it goes back to one of my earlier comments in the thread, where I felt that folks were raging too early - that they should wait for next week, which would be this week. No, it's not my place in the least to say when somebody can and cannot rage, lol...it was just a case that based on what they had said at that point last week, I didn't feel they'd given us the ammo to rage with yet...whereas, I think that quote is all the ammo one would need to unleash the rage.

Cause you add in the other comment from that thread...
    These two points are the same thing. The fifth Mastery Level is simply the unlock of the a trait. It should be noted that all Starship Traits that you unlock can be used while using any starship. So, you could hop onto a T6 ship, level it up to 5 and then slot the trait while using any other ship. I think that you'll find the delta between a T5-U ship and a T6 ship to not be as vast as many suggest.

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

...focusing on the "delta between" part of the comment.

Then compare the pair of quotes to...
    Upgraded Lockbox ships aren't inferior to T6s ships.

...and wondering if the two other quotes are comparing T6 to T5-U 10 console or if they include T5-U11 consoles meaning that the quote just above...er...is wrong.

Now that's some fun flying off the handle rage to happen, right?
    edited September 2014
    Well, for me - I think it goes back to one of my earlier comments in the thread, where I felt that folks were raging too early - that they should wait for next week, which would be this week. No, it's not my place in the least to say when somebody can and cannot rage, lol...it was just a case that based on what they had said at that point last week, I didn't feel they'd given us the ammo to rage with yet...whereas, I think that quote is all the ammo one would need to unleash the rage.

Cause you add in the other comment from that thread...

...focusing on the "delta between" part of the comment.

Then compare the pair of quotes to...

...and wondering if the two other quotes are comparing T6 to T5-U 10 console or if they include T5-U11 consoles meaning that the quote just above...er...is wrong.

Now that's some fun flying off the handle rage to happen, right?

I would still prefer the T5U to be a full T6 upgrade.

But at least the consoles are in the right place so far, and I'll be able to do the PVE content with them.

They may not be competitive with T6, but they may be good enough to defeat the PVE content. That's what I need. I don't pvp, so I don't really mind if T6s are that more powerful than T5U there.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, for me - I think it goes back to one of my earlier comments in the thread, where I felt that folks were raging too early - that they should wait for next week, which would be this week.

The complaints are that its too much money for me to upgrade 20 fleet T5 ships to sub-T6 solely because cryptic arbitrary decision to move numbers around for cashgrab. Do you think thats wrong now or something? Upgrades still cost money, I sitll have 20 T5 fleet ships, and T6 are better. He even says it: "T6s have a slight edge" does not mean "even with" (and thats just for now--we all know 11-console T6 ships are coming at some point).
    edited September 2014
    The complaints are that its too much money for me to upgrade 20 fleet T5 ships to sub-T6 solely because cryptic arbitrary decision to move numbers around for cashgrab. Do you think thats wrong now or something? Upgrades still cost money, I sitll have 20 T5 fleet ships, and T6 are better. He even says it: "T6s have a slight edge" does not mean "even with" (and thats just for now--we all know 11-console T6 ships are coming at some point).

To be honest, I dismissed those complaints then and I still dismiss those complaints.

I was talking about the folks raging about the equivalency of the T5-U and T6 ships, that I figured were raging too soon based on what had been told to us at the point. That they might get burnt out, give up, and not be around to rage this week and in the coming weeks...
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just wait and see it's just 9.5.14 for some, still got another mid month to get to so we'll see what they have in store for us all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited September 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Just wait and see it's just 9.5.14 for some, still got another mid month to get to so we'll see what they have in store for us all?

Yep, folks don't want to climax their rage too soon - with so much more to come! ;)

Heh, think about the Captain Specialization stuff to come as well...right? We need to pace ourselves! :P
    edited September 2014
    Yep, folks don't want to climax their rage too soon - with so much more to come! ;)

Heh, think about the Captain Specialization stuff to come as well...right? We need to pace ourselves! :P

More powercreep makes me happy, not ragey.

I sense rage at the Upgrade item thing, and how its tied to crafting.

Unless it requires low levels to upgrade items, or levels only increase success change, I smell rage.
  • authuriousauthurious Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Maybe people have hit the territory of, "I no longer care". There will of course be plenty of other things to rage about but there comes a point where people realize that being angry and upset about a video game is pointless and unhealthy. It's about then that you realize that you could just not play the game and no longer put yourself through so much anger.
    edited September 2014
    authurious wrote: »
    Maybe people have hit the territory of, "I no longer care". There will of course be plenty of other things to rage about but there comes a point where people realize that being angry and upset about a video game is pointless and unhealthy. It's about then that you realize that you could just not play the game and no longer put yourself through so much anger.

Caring leads to sharing...whether it's an attaboy or a DIAF. Folks can get attached, sure some would say too attached, to a game...they're going to care. Even in remembering that it's only a game, folks can still end up getting ticked off.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are there no fleet upgrades on tribble yet?
    Well... to do that you need a fleet. :P With a shipyard...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19050321&posted=1#post19050321

Some upgrade console stats. Subject to change.

Some test results by various people:

Charal gest + 1 tac. AWESOME! I LOVE IT!
    Mogai gets + 1 tac. AWESOME! I LOVE IT!
    Tvaro gets + 1 sci.
    Deridex gets +1 eng.
    Dhelan gets +1 tac.
    Dromias: +1 Eng
    Narcine: +1 Eng
    Contortix: +1 Eng
    Galaxy X: +1 Eng
    Nicor: +1 Sci
    Ody Sci: +1 Eng
    Orb Weaver: +1 Sci
    Reculse: +1 Tac (Woot!)
    Bort Tac: +1 Sci
    Kling Dyson DD: +1 Eng
    Bort Command: +1 Sci
    Karfi: +1 Eng
    Peg'Qu: +1 Tac
    Marauder: +1 Tac
    Galor: +1 Eng
    Monbosh: +1 Eng
    S'Golth: +1 Tac
    D'Kora: NO UPGRADE BUTTON
    Apex: +1 Tac
    Hunter: +1 Tac
    Jem DNV: +1 Eng
    Jem Esc: +1 Tac
    Jem Bug: +1 sci
    Adv. Obilisk: +1 Tac
    Ar'Kif Retro: +1 Sci
    Tal'Shiar BC: +1 Sci
    Tal'Shiar DD: +1 Sci
    Bastion: +1 Eng
    Palisade: +1 Tac
    Wells: +1 Sci
    Plesh Brek +1 Eng
    Chel Gret: +1 Eng
    RisianCorvette: +1 Eng (can be bugged to get 12 consoles, but its a bug)
    Kumari: +1 Sci
    Risian Cruiser: +1 Eng
    Fed Dyson DD: +1 Eng
    Steamrunner: +1 Tac
    Khyzon:+1 Eng
    Chimera: +1 Tac
    Ody Tac: +1 Tac
    Atrox: BROKEN, NO ADD, LOSES SHIP ICON (BUG)

Also, no Tier 6 ship will have more than 5 consoles.
    What about Fleet ships?
    signature.png
    edited September 2014
    What about Fleet ships?

Not done yet! I think the devs need a week to make those.
    edited September 2014
    I just want to point something out to everyone. I think we all can agree that LoR added content to the game and new stuff (Ships mostly) to use/purchase, right? But LoR did not make our current ships and equipment obsolete. So why does DR have to? It would have been smarter to just give us the Cardassian/Dominion faction. A lot of people have wanted for a while. Yes, this faction has be made an "inevitable" future addition to the game, but when will we actually see it? But I digress, based on the fact that LoR did NOT make our current ship and equipment obsolete, it is understandable for people, like me, to be upset. Cryptic has already proven that it is possible to pump out new content for all players without making their ships and equipment obsolete. Please, don't give me the "It's a business. They need to make money" argument. We all know that making money should NEVER come first in a video game. If their main aim is to make money, they should have gone into business in another industry. I know Cryptic/PWE made A LOT of money on LoR. Now I'm not saying that every expansion should be a new faction. I'm saying that it IS possible to have an expansion without making equipment obsolete. It doesn't matter if other MMOs do it. In-game, when we get promoted at level 50, your admiral/chancellor promotes you, he says that you have reached the highest rank. By raising the level cap you are going against what has already been established. Yet, Cryptic wants to overlook that even though they put it in the game to begin with. So, to present a solution, again. Free upgrades and all capital losses are on their heads for raising the level cap to begin with. If you make a bed, you lie in it.
    signature.png
    edited September 2014

Of course -_-
    signature.png
    edited September 2014
    With it being a case of needing to buy a T5-U upgrade for both your 9 and 10 console T5 ships if you want to T5-U both versions (say PER and FPER); does this also mean that if you level the Starship Mastery on the PER that you will need to level it on the FPER as well?
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If their main aim is to make money, they should have gone into business in another industry.

That doesn't make any sense.
    edited September 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense.

It means, a profit/capital geared business would fair much better in an industry aside from gaming. For example, pharmaceuticals and medicine. That would be perfect for them, so long as they meet the FDA's standards, they can pump out whatever TRIBBLE they want and make a lot of money. This doesn't hold true for gaming, hence the issue. But that wasn't the point of my post :)
    signature.png
  • schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I feel the need to point this out again because I don't think people relise the implications. The Dhelan is getting a +1 tac. Wich means when you upgrade the Fleet Dhelan IT WILL BE THE ONLY SHIP IN THE GAME WITH 6 TAC CONSULES! This is clearly an error or dev mix up. I believe the T'Varo was supposed to get the +1 Tac and the Dhelan the +1 Sci. It makes more sense that way if you look at the way yhe ships are mirrored in other factions. DEVS AM I WRONG?
    edited September 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    I feel the need to point this out again because I don't think people relise the implications. The Dhelan is getting a +1 tac. Wich means when you upgrade the Fleet Dhelan IT WILL BE THE ONLY SHIP IN THE GAME WITH 6 TAC CONSULES! This is clearly an error or dev mix up. I believe the T'Varo was supposed to get the +1 Tac and the Dhelan the +1 Sci. It makes more sense that way if you look at the way yhe ships are mirrored in other factions. DEVS AM I WRONG?

That makes sense. I would love for my (future) fleet T'varo to have 5 tac consoles.
    signature.png
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Interesting.

I didn't think the Mirror ships were eligible for upgrades? Mind you, as a Mobius owner I'm certainly not complaining.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014

What about the B'rel BOP as that is not showinf and I'm sure that was Tier 5
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    steaen wrote: »
    Interesting.

I didn't think the Mirror ships were eligible for upgrades? Mind you, as a Mobius owner I'm certainly not complaining.

The Mobius is a lockbox ship, not a mirror ship. Lockbox vessels get a free upgrade, MU ships don't.
    edited September 2014
    authurious wrote: »

I am currently getting to this point the updates since before LOR have been annoying me and have not added anything worthwhile to the game. LOR was the only exception. And Season 9-9.5 were the last straw really i'm holding out for X2 but so far the thought of spending money to upgrade my ships or get Tier 6 ship is bad IMO and the whole though of using archaic technology in a sci-fi game is not for me. Very soon I'm going to say TRIBBLE this and just go because I will not care anymore.
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    tcostik wrote: »
    The Mobius is a lockbox ship, not a mirror ship. Lockbox vessels get a free upgrade, MU ships don't.

Which is something that ticks me off to no end. MU ships are in essence lockbox ships so should be upgradeable for free
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]