What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Ships Details

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I guess I just find it questionable to release information about future, post-Delta Rising T6 ships when there is more pertinent ship information and game mechanics that the players should really be given first.

Then, it would be prudent to explain the long-term plan in regards to T6 ships and their capabilities after Delta Rising's launch.

But hey, I don't get paid to make priority decisions like that.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just want to mention again, what's been mentioned in other threads here and there...

Will we get the ability to make those Vertical hotbars Horizontal or will we be getting the ability to add more Horizontal bars...?
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So...Starship Mastery is how Cryptic gets us to buy ALL the new T6 ships. Smart move, Cryptic. Sneaky, but smart move.

Makes me glad I don't own a single lockbox or Lobi ship. Or have ever been interested in getting one.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So cryptic, what is going to happend with our current ships? I dont care about this new one ugly ships, we have a lot of them in the game.. what is going to happend with my sove? with my Galaxy? with my Nebula?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    soultaker1x1soultaker1x1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wanna know about the 3 pack ships like the Vesta what will happen with this ships .
    Seeing more and more money grab here while so many of my ships sit in dry dock because of becoming obsolete
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This sounds good and bad. So unless more info comes out. We are still waiting and rubbing our heads on figuring it out.

Good - Ship grows in power as you level. This is good as the ship gets better as you level. More stats, more power, etc. Seeing the new Boff skills added and new consul slots will be good. As you can access more what your crew and ship can do for you.

Bad - I'm seeing a possible grind. Which isn't good if you have several ships you love to play. To me I have some I love to rotate around and play. I bought them with Dil, cash, or EC. So I love using them. I really rotate them while I'm doing Reps. So each ship has a chance to work a Rep Tier. What I'm seeing they are wanting you to pick 1-2 ships and stick with them. As that ship is part of your character. Instead of swapping.

Lastly I'm not sure about the new ships. If your telling me to stick with one ship and level it. I will choose one of my older favorite ships and use that. Instead of using the new one.

Until we get more info. All we can do is wait and see.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Yes but as you level up you could put points into Hull integrity and get bonus HP, So they sort of do up health as you level

Difference is this new system is ship specific, the old system applies to all ships
    Exactly. That's something that has me very interested in seeing what happens.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OK a few worries here -

How are the Lobi and Lockbox ship upgraded to tier 6 ?
    How are my two fleet ship (Mogh and Avenger Upgrades) to tier 6 ?
    How is the Sciimitar Upgraded to tier 6 ?

And how the Space Sets, Ground Sets, etc we ground for months for upgraded ?
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice blog... love all the new mechanics. Not really concerned about level 50 ships excited for some new stuff. Tell me where to spend my money.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    So...Starship Mastery is how Cryptic gets us to buy ALL the new T6 ships. Smart move, Cryptic. Sneaky, but smart move.

Makes me glad I don't own a single lockbox or Lobi ship. Or have ever been interested in getting one.

Do you really think they won't just make the lockbox ships automatically be T6? If they don't, the sales of the old boxes will dump, and those are the game's cash cow. As any farmer will tell you, you don't go out and shoot your cash cow while she can still give milk.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »

Are we reading the same dev blog...?
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Do you really think they won't just make the lockbox ships automatically be T6? If they don't, the sales of the old boxes will dump, and those are the game's cash cow. As any farmer will tell you, you don't go out and shoot your cash cow while she can still give milk.
    Might make us wait till level 60 to upgrade them, therefore avoiding the whole "new tier 6 ship unique ability to increase hull as you level" gimmick on our old ships.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So cryptic, what is going to happend with our current ships? I dont care about this new one ugly ships, we have a lot of them in the game.. what is going to happend with my sove? with my Galaxy? with my Nebula?

Well, at best, they will be bringing a 125GP bike to a Superbike race off the pace of true T6s.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    So what of all that will the upgraded ships get and not get?

You're kidding right? If we're lucky, we get the "ships gain more health for every captain level", and MAYBE an extra console slot. Which brings the default console number up to 10. What do Fleet ships get? 11 console slots? I'd wager the reason we haven't heard much about the upgrade process for Tier 5 ships, is that Cryptic hasn't even got a system in place. They fully expect players to have to invest in all brand new ships in 2 months.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    They fully expect players to have to invest in all brand new ships in 2 months.
    They explicitly said that's not their goal.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So with Tier 6 coming, are the current Lifetime Veteran ships going to be upgraded as well, or will they get something completely new?
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, nothing terribly ground breaking.

Essentially an expansion of the trait system for ships and a new class of boff.

Nothing terrible in there either, done right it all seems sound enough to me.

but that Federation ship?

Its very possibly the ugliest ship I've ever seen come from Cryptic.

I know, personal opinion and all that, but its so ugly I would avoid it at all costs.
  • Options
    worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I know, you want us to get all excited about the new shiny T6s, but I just what to know what's going to be done about the existing T5 ships I've spent way too much money on that are supposedly not becoming obsolete. Because this whole extra Boff seat and extra console slot that those no longer new shiny T5s don't get isn't exactly filling me with confidence.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

And when has that ever stopped them in the past, from doing things that their players won't like? Mark my words, in 2 months time, there will not be a system in place for upgrading Tier 5 ships to Tier 6, and if it does exist, the cost will be equal to their new shiny Tier 6 ships, which is 2500 Zen (in addition to the 2500 Zen most already spent buying the Tier 5). For the non-math geniuses in the room, that's an assumed 5000 Zen per Tier 6 ship. Wait and see.
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    No, not specifically. It was however implied that upgraded ships would be "competitive" with T6 ships. Given the information we've just received that would have to mean some kind of 5.5-5.9 upgrade in terms of stats. Anything less would mean that upgraded ships would not be competitive in any real sense. Paraphrasing Geko, our T5 ships are not meant to become obsolete. After reading this news post regarding the features of the T6 ships, how could anything less than a T5.9 stats upgrade fulfill that statement?

We all know Geko lives in faceroll PvE land, where how fast you can hit spacebar is more important than the ship you're in. I'm fairly confident that's all he ever refers to when talking mechanics and what is "competitive."
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Captains! In our latest Developer Blog we reveal new details on the Tier 6 ships that you've been waiting for! Learn about Starship Mastery, new Starship Traits, Mechanics and more in our blog here

~LaughingTrendy

It doesn't really explain much.

ANYWAY...I'd like to see this type of ship leveling for the campaign.
    We buy a base ship (like a BoP) at lvl 1 and take it to 60.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    We all know Geko lives in faceroll PvE land, where how fast you can hit spacebar is more important than the ship you're in. I'm fairly confident that's all he ever refers to when talking mechanics and what is "competitive."

Well, PvP doesn't matter, its only 14 year old min-maxers.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The new system sounds a little grindy. That aside, some clarity on ship upgrading needs to happen and immediately. If lock box ships along with T5 and fleet ships are going to lack features that the T6 ships will have even after being upgraded. That is a big kick in the groin to everyone that has spent money on lock boxes and Z-Store ships. If this is the case, I will cut my losses and be done with this game.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    MY BODY IS READY. Seriously.

no , no , no ... you must master your body ... ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    And when has that ever stopped them in the past, from doing things that their players won't like? Mark my words, in 2 months time, there will not be a system in place for upgrading Tier 5 ships to Tier 6, and if it does exist, the cost will be equal to their new shiny Tier 6 ships, which is 2500 Zen (in addition to the 2500 Zen most already spent buying the Tier 5). For the non-math geniuses in the room, that's an assumed 5000 Zen per Tier 6 ship. Wait and see.
    Okay, here's the difference. And it's an important one. They do things players don't like when they plan on doing those things. But when they don't seem like they're planning on doing things we don't like, we get reassurance, rather than them eventually changing their minds.

If they never intended to balance ship power, they would have never claimed to want to do that in the first place.

The trait revamp? They already planned on doing that, and they never intended to budge no matter what we said. But they're actively trying to tell us 'it'll be okay' with this. Highly contrasting situations.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They say many things. This does not make those things true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    I have no opinion either way on this blog.

That was my feeling about the Trailer ... after watching it 5-6 times .

But I did not like that you had to grind each ship to level 60 .
    Token to shorten the grind is needed at the least , but in general , I don't think we will be unlocking "secrets" of our ships.
    That's how your enchanted D&D sword works , not how Starfleet & the rest Trek universe works .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They say many things. This does not make those things true.
    Right, but that also holds true for what everyone's being paranoid about. If you're gonna think one thing might not be true, why not the rest of it? Hell, by the logic of not believing about what they say, why should we believe that we're getting an expansion at all, let alone tier 6 ships?

Cherry picking isn't a logical approach.
  • Options
    ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So with this all new t6 abilities they are saying t5 ships are becoming obsolete. thx to know that.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Right, but that also holds true for what everyone's being paranoid about. If you're gonna think one thing might not be true, why not the rest of it?
    Because around here, bad news never lies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]