Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Intelligence File - Delta Quadrant Species

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Keep checking Twitter, they might have a "leaked" picture or info...

Roger that
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    The Vidiians don't need the Phage just to be enemies. The Phage made them outcasts for a period of two thousand years, 40 years isn't going to change that. Two thousand years of cultural history isn't going to change overnight, and there are species out there like the Solanae that would be interested in their services.

The impression I got was that the acts the Vidiians committed were out of desperation, to survive, that given freedom from the Phage, they'd return to being peaceful again.
    At least 3 Vidiians preferred peaceful interaction.

So I assume once they were freed from the Phage, they'd go back to the way they were before.
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Why would you believe anything the Think Tank said? We only have their word for it that the Vidiians were cured; and the Tank showed themselves to be quite untrustworthy.

The Think Tank wasn't in the habit of lying.
    Subverting the truth maybe, but not direct deception.
    And maybe they were paid for the cure with information about Voyager.

Besides, they don't really care what problems they are hired to solve, as long as they get paid for it.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18692121&postcount=7

MY BODY IS EXPLODING WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!!

I can't believe I just said that....

the fail continues strong with this post. Can't wait to hear an RP blog about how researchers at men alpha discovered two new numbers in the ancient roman numeral system. Maybe thats 40 -2 (one for each number)?

So what smirk is saying is, we can't (aka don't want to) tell you about it before its set in stone. God forbid feedback gets in the way of development.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    havam wrote: »
    the fail continues strong with this post. Can't wait to hear an RP blog about how researchers at men alpha discovered two new numbers in the ancient roman numeral system. Maybe thats 40 -2 (one for each number)?

So what smirk is saying is, we can't (aka don't want to) tell you about it before its set in stone. God forbid feedback gets in the way of development. [/COLO]

Oh God, I'll call the, http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/5/50/Waaambulance.jpg
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That's a fine example of Smirk doing things backwards.

1- It's a response in a sub forum that sees a lot less traffic. So less of the forum population, which is already cited as being a tiny part of the population, sees the comment. And ...
    2- It's the post that closes the thread and kills discussion. So there's not even any chance to talk about it without linking it into other threads like this one.

Great job marketing this thing Cryptic! You've actually shown me how to do worse marketing campaigns than some of my own biggest failures in years past.

Keep up this amazing work! hahahahahahahahahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's a fine example of Smirk doing things backwards.

1- It's a response in a sub forum that sees a lot less traffic. So less of the forum population, which is already cited as being a tiny part of the population, sees the comment. And ...
    2- It's the post that closes the thread and kills discussion. So there's not even any chance to talk about it without linking it into other threads like this one.

Great job marketing this thing Cryptic! You've actually shown me how to do worse marketing campaigns than some of my own biggest failures in years past.

Keep up this amazing work! hahahahahahahahahaha

I don't think Smirk did it to end discussion. I think he closed it because we already have 50 other threads asking for more info on T6 ships.

I can only imagine that Cryptic is excited to tell us more info when they can, but at the same time frustrated because too many are taking to the forums and screaming that their T5 ships and equipment are going to become obsolete and Cryptic is going to TRIBBLE them over, despite Cryptic saying multiple times not to worry and they will take care of us. I prefer to wait for more official info before screaming about anything, and only then if anything is set in stone, but plans are usually subject to change.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    T5 ships and equipment are going to become obsolete and Cryptic is going to TRIBBLE them over, despite Cryptic saying multiple times not to worry and they will take care of us.

Barnum and Bailey and Cryptic, sharing a love of suckers for a 100 years.

BTW you know what take care of means in the mafia right?
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »

He sleeps with the fishes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Nah, they fitted him with a nice new pair of shoes! Cement shoes.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Barnum and Bailey and Cryptic, sharing a love of suckers for a 100 years.

Jesus Christ! I think when they say they'll take care of us it means they will come up with something that is favorable to most of us. You imply that they are gonna TRIBBLE us over. I'm not jumping to conclusions like some of the knuckle draggers on the forums and am patiently awaiting more info.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Xenophilia is no laughing matter, and by the way they prefer to be called Xindi Aquatics! :mad::D:P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014

maybe im blind but the key word that stands out in that quote is the word "soon". the rest of it doesnt make one damn bit of difference :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    captsol wrote: »
    Nah, they fitted him with a nice new pair of shoes! Cement shoes.

Is this the part where they take us for a loooong drive ? :P
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    havam wrote: »

Actually Mem Alpha is closed .
    No research there .
    No library there .
    No crafting either .
    So what smirk is saying is, we can't (aka don't want to) tell you about it before its set in stone. God forbid feedback gets in the way of development.

Actually what Smirk is saying is that they have been working on X2 for 8-9 months and they still have no clue as to how they will implement T6 ships .
    That is what he's saying when he says "we're working on it, but we can't tell you how it will look like" . :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    From what I heard, if we choose not to go for one of the T6 ships for whatever reasons, we will be offered the option to upgrade our existing T5s to T6 instead.
    This is what I'd prefer because I like my current vessels and I don't like the look of the new T6 ships if the pre-release screenshots are indicative of their visual appearance.

I also heard that we will be granted a similar ability to upgrade our equipment (weapons, consoles, etc) to T6.
    That is of particular interest to me because I don't really want to requisition fleet weapons/reputation consoles all over again for a 2% stat increase.
    And in the case of one ship which is using Fluidic Antiproton weapons, seeing as that cost me a moderate fortune in EC, I'm definitely not capable of purchasing those weapons in T6 grade!

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tilarta wrote: »
    The impression I got was that the acts the Vidiians committed were out of desperation, to survive, that given freedom from the Phage, they'd return to being peaceful again.
    At least 3 Vidiians preferred peaceful interaction.

So I assume once they were freed from the Phage, they'd go back to the way they were before.
    IF they wanted to. But the Phage had been affecting them for so long some of them might not know any other life. But again, there do seem to be many who would welcome going back to the way they were before.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey everyone,

We have a blog scheduled to go up soon that will explain much of what is coming in X2 regarding T6 ships and Mk XIV gear.

We wish we could tell you everything now, but we have to wait just a little while longer. I know this is causing a lot of skeptical responses, and I am very sorry to leave you all hanging like this.

All I can do is ask for your patience and your understanding as the team works to get the systems in place fully operational, with explanations to follow.

Thanks again everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

Thank you, Smirk. Sincerely, thank you for keeping us informed of developments on this issue.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tilarta wrote: »

The Think Tank wasn't in the habit of lying.
    Subverting the truth maybe, but not direct deception.
    And maybe they were paid for the cure with information about Voyager.

Besides, they don't really care what problems they are hired to solve, as long as they get paid for it.

Where'd you get the idea they don't lie? We only met them once and learned they'd created the very problem Voyager was facing; so that they could try and pressure them into giving them Seven of Nine. Also, there was a bounty on them, because that wasn't the first time they had done such a thing. They are a profoundly dishonest group.

Besides, what did they have to lose by lying? It's not like Voyager was going to turn around and go all the way back to Vidiian space just the confirm their story.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I got the impression the Think Tank practiced a principle called "omitting information you do not need to know".
    After all, Janeway never directly asked, did you hire the Hikari to hunt us down, did she?
    Nor did the Hikari ask, are you a real Malon or just a clever hologram pretending to be one?

And then there is the intellectual arrogance issue, I doubt the Think Tank would claim to have done something they have not, it would be beneath them.
    Also, while they are unethical, the one principle they adhere to is to take pride in their achievements and be paid for doing so.
    Their leader even said themselves that the Think Tank take contract breaking very seriously, they regard it as deplorable.
    So therefore, it's unlikely they'd break a contract from their end unless the client had done it first.

Also, fooling Voyager is one thing, but the entire Delta Quadrant is another thing.
    Suppose the Think Tank had lied and then someone met a Vidiian ship, they'd start to ask pointed questions about why they still had the Phage when they've been told it was cured.
    And then employment opportunities would diminish greatly!
    Not to mention every ship in the Quadrant would attack them on sight once it got around they'd lied.
    Since they need whatever their payment is for whatever reason, they have to maintain client goodwill.

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alright. It's easy to derive conclusions potentially from where there were none to begin with. I'm realigning the conversation now, as this meta-discussion over racism will very quickly lead to off-topic flame wars.

The demotion to every character to level one is incoming!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    was kinda hoping there would of been an unlock, with all that commotion about the level cap, it could of received attention as equally.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    was kinda hoping there would of been an unlock, with all that commotion about the level cap, it could of received attention as equally.

I guess this will be coming out every friday or something.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Starfleet Command has released another security briefing on some of the species you will encounter in our expansion. This week, Lieutenant Level Access has been unlocked, revealing details on the Hazari and the Benthans! You can find links to the intelligence briefing on these species in our Starfleet Intelligence report found here.

As more Access Levels are unlocked, we will be updating this security file with new information.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So many new Lock Box ships... Cryptic, you're set for years with those.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Starfleet Command has released another security briefing on some of the species you will encounter in our expansion. This week, Lieutenant Level Access has been unlocked, revealing details on the Hazari and the Benthans! You can find links to the intelligence briefing on these species in our Starfleet Intelligence report found here.

As more Access Levels are unlocked, we will be updating this security file with new information.
    NEato! :D I wonder which of those two we'll end up shooting most often.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Now we're talking. Unique ships, and unique-ish Visuals (I saw the Omega Force armguard there). Very nice.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    So many new Lock Box ships... Cryptic, you're set for years with those.

no kidding. they have run out of anything local to lockbox, they had to go to the delta quadrant to find more
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are we hanging out at the bar on Tatooine? Most of these Delta Quad race seem like thugs from Star Wars and not the type we want to meet in ST. I know they were met by Voyager, but most were not worth remembering after first (and last) contact.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    benthens. *star wars imperial march track plays loudly*

they are also strict observers of their own policies including alien interaction. the secret police state inside a bottle. aliens are constantly challenged because they are different. i cant see an amicable situation coming from a group like that who are already on their own crusade for tyranny even if it dont appear that way from the outside.

the hazari i would imagine you would get a hazari hunter who is doing a good service contract and you got someone consistently getting in his way for some short sighted reason. you help him out and enjoy the mission.