test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Intelligence File - Delta Quadrant Species

Comments

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice.

I think we won't see Krenim at launch of DR.
    Geko said they left out some "cooler" species to have room for expanding later.
    Since the "mysterious fleet" attacking species in the DQ is most likely Vaadwaur in origin, I think shoving the Krenim into that storyline wouldn't do them a favor.

They should get their own spotlight in a later addition to the DQ.

Maybe same for the Devore. Maybe.

We know that there are still Kobali, Malon and Hierarchy to be added to the Intelligence Report. Plus... most likely Hirogen, Voth and Borg (and Undine?) with their own files.
    Add the Vaadwaur... and you may fill in everything what's left out.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Interesting Friday Lineup.

With the Benthan episode, Daelen was played by Elizabeth McGlynn, who is now a well-known voice actress and director in the anime community. (She is best known as the voice of Major Kusanagi in the Ghost in the Shell series, or Kurenai in the Naruto series). So she wouldn't be difficult to reprise her role. So hopefully she will reprise the role in Delta Rising.
    benthens. *star wars imperial march track plays loudly*

they are also strict observers of their own policies including alien interaction. the secret police state inside a bottle. aliens are constantly challenged because they are different. i cant see an amicable situation coming from a group like that who are already on their own crusade for tyranny even if it dont appear that way from the outside.

the hazari i would imagine you would get a hazari hunter who is doing a good service contract and you got someone consistently getting in his way for some short sighted reason. you help him out and enjoy the mission.

Don't you mean Bothans. :rolleyes:
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Both of these look great. They did a wonderful job on the detailing their looks. The ships looks really great as well.

Looking forward to meet them. Either as friends or in combat.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Starfleet Command has released another security briefing on some of the species you will encounter in our expansion. This week, Lieutenant Level Access has been unlocked, revealing details on the Hazari and the Benthans! You can find links to the intelligence briefing on these species in our Starfleet Intelligence report found here.

As more Access Levels are unlocked, we will be updating this security file with new information.

The curves on those new ships are HAWT. :D *wants*
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Interesting Friday Lineup.

With the Benthan episode, Daelen was played by Elizabeth McGlynn, who is now a well-known voice actress and director in the anime community. (She is best known as the voice of Major Kusanagi in the Ghost in the Shell series, or Kurenai in the Naruto series). So she wouldn't be difficult to reprise her role. So hopefully she will reprise the role in Delta Rising.

Don't you mean Bothans. :rolleyes:

whatever they are called.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So... when do we get actual Fresh Information about Delta Rising and not just something rehashed that everyone having watched the show already knows?
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    edited August 2014
    saekiith wrote: »
    So... when do we get actual Fresh Information about Delta Rising and not just something rehashed that everyone having watched the show already knows?

How did you know that Benthans looked like that and see themselves like that?
    Voyager never made clear that this is their appearence (we were left in the dark whether or not the guy Cryptic's Benthans are based on was actually a Benthan), and the entire "justice on the frontier" thing seems to be made up to give them background lore, too.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited August 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    How did you know that Benthans looked like that and see themselves like that?
    Voyager never made clear that this is their appearence (we were left in the dark whether or not the guy Cryptic's Benthans are based on was actually a Benthan), and the entire "justice on the frontier" thing seems to be made up to give them background lore, too.

So yeah, they just took one of those guys that could possibly have been a Benthan and made him definitely a Benthan in their game (so it is still unknown if he really was a Benthan)... And a one or two sentences about how they are (completely unjustified and grapped out of thin air) suddenly the Quadrant Police... great Info of serious importance!

Anyone could have guessed so much...
    edited August 2014
    saekiith wrote: »
    So yeah, they just took one of those guys that could possibly have been a Benthan and made him definitely a Benthan in their game (so it is still unknown if he really was a Benthan)... And a one or two sentences about how they are (completely unjustified and grapped out of thin air) suddenly the Quadrant Police... great Info of serious importance!

I like lore blogs. Of course it's not much or terribly innovative, but it's something.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Benthans and Hazari both sound great! Nice to have some species added that aren't part of any of the factions and have their own motives but aren't enemies. Sounds like there could be a really interesting episode with these two species being at odds coming up.
    edited August 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I like lore blogs. Of course it's not much or terribly innovative, but it's something.

Don't get me wrong... I like them too but I also like to have at least a rough understanding of what is going to change or added especially a full explanation on how and if at all we the "Ship Upgrade System" is going to happen and I really don't like to have it in a post after release or just a day or two before...
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Benthans and Hazari... Interesting choices. I'm really curious about what Cryptic's going to do with these guys.
  • cralkkentcralkkent Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If there are playable Ocampans, do they auto-delete after 9 years?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cralkkent wrote: »
    Nope, vitamins. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cralkkent wrote: »

After 40 years, remember it takes 4 and a half years to go one year in game.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We've recently unlocked and decoded a Commander Level transmission from Starfleet! The latest message comes from Galera, outlining our recent intelligence reports on the Cooperative and Octanti!

Check it out in our index here!

~LaughingTrendy
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dammit I thought that there wasn't going to be another "shut up and take my mone!" lock box but if you guys aren't going to make a Cooperative faction I'll be damned if I can't get their ship. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forget having a Borg Cube, I want that Borg Cooperative ship for my Liberated Borg Admiral.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "They make no distinction between Borg who are part of the Collective and former drones who have been liberated from it, seeing all as a threat to be eliminated."

Do I sense alternate dialogue if you're playing a former drone?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Borg Cooperative?! I am going to brace for Lifetimer rage.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The last two pairings scream "Be diplomatic !" to me. Of course we will level their cities, eat their cookies and write obscenities on their foreheads. Long live Starfleet, Destroyers of Worlds....ehhhh Bringer of Peace ! :D
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Why ? None of those races are playable as far as we know..... :confused:
  • jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    borg lockbox is a guarantee now.

save up your money for a T6 borg cube now....
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qjunior wrote: »

True. I just expect some to think they are too close to Liberated Borg. I hope there are some unique differences.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Why? If liberated Borg are to be made playable for everyone it will be through a purchase simular to Caitians and Fed Klingons. Being a lifetimer myself I don't mind at all that other players might be able to play as a liberated Borg soon as well.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    True. I just expect some to think they are too close to Liberated Borg. I hope there are some unique differences.

Difference being is that the Cooperative have a hive mind while retaining their individual personalities.

Player Lib Borg are fully independent.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morchades wrote: »
    After 40 years, remember it takes 4 and a half years to go one year in game.

It's also possible to extend Ocampan lifespans. Suspiria's group could live 20 years. The Caretaker's group were basically living as pets, not a functioning and advancing society like Suspiria's.
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qjunior wrote: »

And for me, as a "Lifer" ... I have no qualms about this in the slightest.. *as long as* they aren't just paired with the KDF.

I have been against a "playable Borg" faction from the onset of the game, strictly because it makes no sense for a "Borg Drone" to have command of a ship and crew, and pick-and-choose missions they are given... or have *any* independent action...

The Cooperative.. is perfect. It allows for "Borg" player characters, that have free-will. I have a Lib Borg Admiral.. that I would love to 'port over' and play as a Cooperative. Or in the very least, as was alluded to from someone earlier.. get that ship! :D

THAT being said... I do think there will be some backlash.. because.. well.. there is ALWAYS backlash... isn't there? :D

Jolan'tru
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daemonheld wrote: »

And for me, as a "Lifer" ... I have no qualms about this in the slightest.. *as long as* they aren't just paired with the KDF.

I want KDF Talaxians! :P
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daemonheld wrote: »

I don't see why they would be. These blogs alternate between each faction's perspective (with the KDF coming up this time in the rotation.) I wouldn't take that as any hint as to the plot, its just how cryptic is choosing to present this information.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!