test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Intelligence File - Delta Quadrant Species

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If the cooperative ever becomes a playable "race" it would be very interesting to basically "borgify" every species you've owned before. A liberated Borg Caitian would probably be my first choice ;)
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    I want KDF Talaxians! :P

That's what she said.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't see why they would be. These blogs alternate between each faction's perspective (with the KDF coming up this time in the rotation.) I wouldn't take that as any hint as to the plot, its just how cryptic is choosing to present this information.

I've been around since closed beta... Cryptic, I'm sorry to say, have pulled bait-and-switch stuff in the past...

I am not convinced this is the case here.. but, I am also wary... lol
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    I want KDF Talaxians! :P
    Like they'd survive Day 1 of service...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Like they'd survive Day 1 of service...

See the post above yours! Talaxians fit right in. I was having this conversation on TS just two days ago. Talaxians are exuberant and enthusiastic and they have few cultural biases. IMO they fit into any faction. After all, what faction (including the KDF) wouldn't want chefs and deck-swabbers that know how to party?
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daemonheld wrote: »

I've been around since closed beta... Cryptic, I'm sorry to say, have pulled bait-and-switch stuff in the past...

....So? What does how they choose to present a multi-part blog have to do with the DR plot? You can bet for example that the Talaxians aren't just going to be associated with the Romulan Republic even though it was technically their briefing we "sat" through in the first blog.

Its a stylistic choice, I wouldn't read into it at all.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seems like they do more work on the blogs than the actual game lol.

Eh I'll check it out awhile after it comes out but most likely its the same old bait and switch TRIBBLE with a sandbox delta quadrant lol.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Difference being is that the Cooperative have a hive mind while retaining their individual personalities.

This never made sense to me, by the way. Hive mind, yet you keep your individuality?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    This never made sense to me, by the way. Hive mind, yet you keep your individuality?

Think of what the internet would be like if it was implanted inside your head. You wouldn't be directed by a hive mind but you could still freely interact with all of your other drones across a social network.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Forget having a Borg Cube, I want that Borg Cooperative ship for my Liberated Borg Admiral.

Very much this. Oh so very much. :D
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »

As I understand it, it is like being on a 24/7 telepathic conference call. You are still you but everyone else is there also.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Borg Cooperative?! I am going to brace for Lifetimer rage.
    *assimilates Cookiecrook*

Rage is futile.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited August 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    As I understand it, it is like being on a 24/7 telepathic conference call. You are still you but everyone else is there also.

And how that power wasn't corrupted 20 minutes after it was activated... it sure sounds like the genesis of how the Borg themselves were created. Just saying.

I want their ships very much badly, though. :D
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We've recently unlocked and decoded a Commander Level transmission from Starfleet! The latest message comes from Galera, outlining our recent intelligence reports on the Cooperative and Octanti!

Check it out in our index here!

~LaughingTrendy

Looks cool. Obviously we're getting some sort of Cooperative or Octanti lockbox at some point, but hey, that's cool. Cryptic needs to make money, after all.

Should be fun. I like the looks of the Octanti--playable, or boffs, or what?
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ....So? What does how they choose to present a multi-part blog have to do with the DR plot? You can bet for example that the Talaxians aren't just going to be associated with the Romulan Republic even though it was technically their briefing we "sat" through in the first blog.

Its a stylistic choice, I wouldn't read into it at all.

Way to go, disregarding the rest of the post you quoted!! :rolleyes:
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Collective has gained allies in other groups of liberated Borg in the region, but conflicts between these groups may cause problems.

Shouldn't that read "The Cooperative has gained allies [...]"?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    facepalm @Borg Cooperative
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We've recently unlocked and decoded a Commander Level transmission from Starfleet! The latest message comes from Galera, outlining our recent intelligence reports on the Cooperative and Octanti!

Check it out in our index here!

~LaughingTrendy

I just noticed down at the bottom "You can see the Octanti (Species 6339) in “Infinite Regress.”"

This is a cool touch, Trendy!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • plasmascreenplasmascreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That Ocanti ship...

Is it small?
    Is the location of that drive ring in the back adjustable (not enough non-federation ships have pieces to play with)?
    If yes to the above... CAN WE HAVE IT?

edit: mostly for their drive it's that a few shapes and placement options would really help there; it's a very distinguishing feature.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cool more to meet in the new expansion. I'm so ready for it. To see new areas of space, meet new and old friends, fight new and old enemies. This is going to be so fun! :D
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Brought to the brink of extinction. Actively starts attacking the extremely powerful group that put you there. Still going strong 40 years later.

I like the Octanti already.

Anywho, I can't wait to meet the cooperative. As a lifer I'd be fine with a lib borg faction being built off them, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon. Pretty sure cardies'll be next.
  • inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Brought to the brink of extinction. Actively starts attacking the extremely powerful group that put you there. Still going strong 40 years later.

Anywho, I can't wait to meet the cooperative. As a lifer I'd be fine with a lib borg faction being built off them, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon. Pretty sure cardies'll be next.

Agreed. I like the Cooperative ship design too - nice and refreshing.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • plasmascreenplasmascreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In Infinite Regress their ships were total beam boats, with ridiculous numbers of phasers everywhere.

Have they kept their design philosophy?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited August 2014

100% agreed.

They are like the epitome of badassery.

I bet that every single one of them is named "Badass Loner". ;)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014

They're a lot like the Feds are in sTO, except the Octanti lost their homeworld.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Makes me wonder if those with Liberated Borg will have some influence with the Cooperative and the Octani?

With the Cooperative, I hope they offer unique enhancements only offered to those with Liberated Borg Characters (and BOFFs). Like that arm cannon! Maybe a trait that makes Liberated Borg completely resistant to assimilation nanites?

With the Octani, the opposite. They see our Liberated Borg characters (and BOFFs) and immediately become hostile. Otherwise they are friendly. (I.E. Don't take a Liberated Borg BOFF with you on that away team! ;) )
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Betting now that the Octanti vessel is the first DR lockbox ship. Well I hope so, it's actually a decent generic design...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if the octanti go lb then i want the kazon frigate in the winter event as a reward :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's either a Co-op Borg Faction or 2 mini-factions (with Octanti).

I'd rather have the Borg.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im hoping for a kazon faction myself just for the lulz.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.