test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace Party Nullifier

Comments

• wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well, not everyone can get fun from slaughtering the same old boring enemies for the trillionth time...just like not everyone can get fun from dancing or being hypnotized by spinning balls with pretty strobe lights

i know my caitians love them, though - blinking lights and all that

Some people toss party balls, other people, such as myself, like to RP within the Star Trek setting. Everyone has their own version of fun.
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    I think the trolls would be more interested in focusing on those without nullifiers who ask them to "stop with the party balls".

WHEN that happens, yes, I agree. As I've said though, to a bully (let's stop calling them trolls, and be much more honest about what a person who derives enjoyment from the discomfort of others is) ANY negative reaction is like sweet candy, and please don't attribute too much intelligence to every bully in the game. Sure there are probably some quite intelligent ones, they're probably using far more subtle methods though to be honest.

The threads complaining about it would have caused pure joy for them, and the complaining here is probably almost as good for them.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    now just seen a disco ball on esd i can now confirm having your music turned down ingame you will not here disco ball music :D

<
    has had his music turn down from year 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited July 2014
    Now, if the nullifier ONLY had an effect on the client of the player using it, THAT would be a win for those who felt trolled by the amplifier, as the bullies wouldn't even know about it.....
    edited July 2014
    You mean Admiral Bobo has missions where you don't have to blow up 35+ waves of bad guys? :P

still want to met this Admiral Bobo sound like a cool Admiral :P :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You mean Admiral Bobo has missions where you don't have to blow up 35+ waves of bad guys? :P

First off that's not my whole post, second use the filter to select non combat missions, or type non combat missions you'll find plenty. :P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the trolls would be more interested in focusing on those without nullifiers who ask them to "stop with the party balls".

I'm one of these TROLLS, and sorry when i use the amp, i don't have plans. often i use it when i'm in the exchange and because it's more fun than just standing like an idiot in front of a console
    edited July 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    now just seen a disco ball on esd i can now confirm having your music turned down ingame you will not here disco ball music :D

<
    has had his music turn down from year 1

<
    didn't even know that the party amp even played music, as has never actually had the in game music turned on since the first hour of playing.... :D

<
    turned off zone chat when realised it didn't actually serve any useful purpose...

<
    has always just ignored the party amp effects, then just moved away once finished with the exchange/ship selector etc etc....

<
    if wanted to RP, would have the sense to go somewhere "private" to do so, not that I do anyway as not overly interested in RP.
    edited July 2014
    I wonder how many people feel "trolled" when they see somebody stood playing air piano near to a console? I'd say that was far more immersion breaking to somebody who cares about these things than a spontaneous flash mob incident, complete with flashy lights. lol
    edited July 2014
    I'm one of these TROLLS, and sorry when i use the amp, i don't have plans. often i use it when i'm in the exchange and because it's more fun than just standing like an idiot in front of a console

so every one in star trek a idiot? do we forget what most do 80% of the show
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    I don't, but theres a cool tool for non combat fun the foundry, or risa, like tahiti "it's a magical place"

*plays S.H.I.E.L.D. theme*
    sorry, i have yet to see a foundry mission that has no combat whatsoever in it...in fact, most of them are just further extensions of 'blow up the same old boring enemies for the trillionth time'

even among all the foundry spotlights, i don't think there's one that doesn't have combat - but then, i haven't played them all yet

if you know of any, i'd like to hear about them, as i'm always looking for new and interesting foundry missions to play
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited July 2014
    Just think of all the Gorn jokes you've missed out on!

Zone chat needs a thalaron device deployed in it.:D
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Just think of all the Gorn jokes you've missed out on!

Yeah, as last time I had it on, all I saw was arguments about who's country was best and what the first MMO was (everybody was wrong, as a chap I knew at college made it, it was text based and ran on a DEC Vax system...lol).

Folks think there is trolling in STO, they obviously haven't played some of the MMOs I have. It's pretty darn mild here. ;)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sorry, i have yet to see a foundry mission that has no combat whatsoever in it...in fact, most of them are just further extensions of 'blow up the same old boring enemies for the trillionth time'

even among all the foundry spotlights, i don't think there's one that doesn't have combat - but then, i haven't played them all yet

if you know of any, i'd like to hear about them, as i'm always looking for new and interesting foundry missions to play

Try mine... There IS combat, but very simple, few, and avoidable encounters (except one... but it's really easy).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited July 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Yeah, as last time I had it on, all I saw was arguments about who's country was best and what the first MMO was (everybody was wrong, as a chap I knew at college made it, it was text based and ran on a DEC Vax system...lol).

Folks think there is trolling in STO, they obviously haven't played some of the MMOs I have. It's pretty darn mild here. ;)

sounds like you caught chat on a off day then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited July 2014

Sure thing! I have a few saved in game i'll look em up for ya when I get a chance to log in.
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Wrong. A person that gets upset over harmless dancing is going to get upset over other types of irritating behavior directed at them. Once the trolls figure out who has a nullifier they'll do other things. Like the balloon gun, fire extinguisher, constant private messages, emails (I recall one troll boasting on the forum that he was going to grief someone by filling his email box with emails containing 1 EC each), constantly bouncing up and down in front of them like an idiot, etcetera, etcetera.

See what you've forgotten the Risa event where the anti-party ampers were whining about people dancing, on the party planet, io designated dance floors, during the dancing events.

Visual effects and a bouncing person can be easily shrugged by those who don't have anger issues, and we have the ignore option for private message/email spam.... And if It gets anymore out of hand than that, we have the report option.
    edited July 2014

but how many people actually knew about it and played it?

usually when people talk about the first MMO, they mean the first MMO people have actually HEARD of...and i'm fairly sure that was ultima
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    ...and why isn't that you admitting that you intend to harrass players?

Seriously folks. If you like the wretched disco balls, have at it.........but if you think you have a right to actually harrass other players you don't.

Dance if you want to, but leave those of us who are happy to be grumpy alone.

Calm down this was joke!!! I officially absolve myself of you trolling yourself here!
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Wrong. A person that gets upset over harmless dancing is going to get upset over other types of irritating behavior directed at them. Once the trolls figure out who has a nullifier they'll do other things. Like the balloon gun, fire extinguisher, constant private messages, emails (I recall one troll boasting on the forum that he was going to grief someone by filling his email box with emails containing 1 EC each), constantly bouncing up and down in front of them like an idiot, etcetera, etcetera.

See what you've forgotten the Risa event where the anti-party ampers were whining about people dancing, on the party planet, io designated dance floors, during the dancing events.

In other words, buzz kill Sheldon wannabees are REALLY easy targets (not least as 90% of the time they troll themselves anyway...), and there will always be enough around on a Star Trek game to keep trolls in tear candy. The nullifier is, to a bully, going to be seen as a flagged target, even if they aren't one.
    edited July 2014
    (I recall one troll boasting on the forum that he was going to grief someone by filling his email box with emails containing 1 EC each)
    how? you can't directly send EC through mail...you sure he didn't mean a tribble, which i believe the majority of are worth 1 EC?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    And I hope the poor sod you try griefing knows about this thread and includes a link to it so there won't be any doubt with the GM's that what you are doing to him is premeditated and it earns you a permanent ban. :cool:

I doubt you could get perma banned for doing things in game, like dancing near someone!!

edited July 2014

Well if you go to a disco, expecting people to just sit and talk, you need to adjust your expectations.

I still think its the "Bully hitting hitting himself, trying to get the weak kid to cry because of it", comparison works... He is going to troll himself... not the one he is trying to bully.

The ones who expect a reaction... let them hit themselves... My support for The con-ball group ends, as a solution as been introduced.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    edited July 2014
    how? you can't directly send EC through mail...you sure he didn't mean a tribble, which i believe the majority of are worth 1 EC?

Even IF it were possible, the solution was easy, and already provided: /ignore...

IF someone made it into a problem, he only had himself to blame.
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well if you go to a disco, expecting people to just sit and talk, you need to adjust your expectations.

I still think its the "Bully hitting hitting himself, trying to get the weak kid to cry because of it".

The ones who expect a reaction... let them hit themselves... My support for The con-ball group ends, as a solution as been introduced.

If by that you mean "anybody who STILL feels bothered, that really is their own personal problem, and not really anybody elses fault", then yeah, I can happily agree with that.
    edited July 2014
    If by that you mean "anybody who STILL feels bothered, that really is their own personal problem, and not really anybody elses fault", then yeah, I can happily agree with that.

I mean, Cryptic provided a solution to the problem: Other people can no longer affect your character, if you chose they aren't allowed to...

The discolight... Meh... thats no worse than the fugly the Oddy flying around ESD windows.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I have to admit, I don't understand how people can "troll" now that the problem has been solved...

I just tested the nullifier under a ball, and my char wasn't dancing... So how can they troll more now?

I am confused... (no really... I want to understand what it is you are trying to say they can do now)

He thinks that by not being able to use the disco, the trolls have forced someone to bend to their will and respond to them in a way. However, the trolls with the disco thrive on the ability to force people to dance. They can say all they want, but they will lose some satisfaction with being unable to make some people dance.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited July 2014
    I know a couple of people who received a 30 day ban in CoH for spamming macros they made using emotes combined with "colorful" ethnic overtones in crowded areas.

Well that's different. Any type of discrimination in the slight I could understand a ban even so far as a perma ban. Chances are I probably wouldn't even waste my time buying the party balls in the first place the only thing i do in game that could be considered trolling is to my fleet. Like dropping a few tribbles in a bank tab with a bunch of food. HAHA

• solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You could press 'F' when you're at the exchange console. It'll grant you access to a galactic marketplace where you can trade items with other players.
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    He thinks that by not being able to use the disco, the trolls have forced someone to bend to their will and respond to them in a way. However, the trolls with the disco thrive on the ability to force people to dance. They can say all they want, but they will lose some satisfaction with being unable to make some people dance.

Said person also seems to think that the loss of 100 GPL and a single inventory slot is a crippling inconvenience worthy of a Troll/Bully getting his lulz.