test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Welcome to the 1 year crafting grind. Let them know what we think.

Comments

• Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Apperntly this is how the Neverwinter crafting system works:

1.) You get 2 free slots at start

2.) You can get up to nine slots

3.) You can slot more than one 20 hour project of the same school

Yeah but that system makes sense. This is STO!!:rolleyes:

Show me the money!
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Be happy, Neverwinter's economy is far worse and they've even account-bound their master keys from what I've heard.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I knew there was something I did not consider.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to admit to being annoyed about people being able to slot more than one 20 hr mission for research. Personally, my R&D was not able to do this - I suppose it was working for me as intended. However I'm really PO'd that others were able to do it and are now really ahead of the game due to a 'glitch'. I can only assume that some people are already max level for beams as I've seen Multi Directional Beams all over the place on the exchange from 38 - 80 million EC. How can this be possible given the new system hasnt even been out a full week unless they've taken advantage of some kind of exploit? Sure you can dump dil to advance progress . . . but isnt that a suspicious amount in addition to being able to advance more than one 20 hr R&D mission at a time? How is it fair that people in my situation of having this work as intended are never going to be able to reap the same early benefits without a ridiculous amount of time invested to catch up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Be happy, Neverwinter's economy is far worse and they've even account-bound their master keys from what I've heard.

That's because they have no equivalent to EC.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I don't know about that, but their auction house uses Astral Diamonds (their Dilithium) as a unit of exchange and I believe there's a posting fee. So it's not the same kind of system.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1) Craptic should have offered those with already maxed crafting from the earlier system the choice to max ONE of the new crafting schools. Would have gone a long way to not only lessen the pain of grinding a new system, but to make some high level crafting gear available immediatley.

2) Craptic gets away with it because no matter how many players scream on forums we all log into the game anyway and sales of zen continues. IF everyone unhappy with this 'emergency' patch refused to log in and refused to buy zen for say.. 48hours.. (until next patch) and if those numbers were enough to cause a drop in server populations and/or a noticable drop in zen sales, THAT would get craptics attention like 1000 pages of forum complaints never would... JS
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to admit to being annoyed about people being able to slot more than one 20 hr mission for research. Personally, my R&D was not able to do this - I suppose it was working for me as intended. However I'm really PO'd that others were able to do it and are now really ahead of the game due to a 'glitch'. I can only assume that some people are already max level for beams as I've seen Multi Directional Beams all over the place on the exchange from 38 - 80 million EC. How can this be possible given the new system hasnt even been out a full week unless they've taken advantage of some kind of exploit? Sure you can dump dil to advance progress . . . but isnt that a suspicious amount in addition to being able to advance more than one 20 hr R&D mission at a time? How is it fair that people in my situation of having this work as intended are never going to be able to reap the same early benefits without a ridiculous amount of time invested to catch up?

The people slotting multiple projects aren't the 'max level'. The people slotting multiple projects are maybe, MAYBE level 7. The people already maxed in schools dumped millions of dilithium into 'finish now'. Dumping dilithium into 'finish now' still exists, and those people will still be ahead of you and youl'' still need to dump that ridiculous amount of time to 'catch up'.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

There was no exploit at all, they just used their Dilithium to get three schools to Level 5.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

Some people dumped ridiculous amounts of EC/dil to max at least one school quickly, hence why you see MK XII UR level 15 restricted items in the Exchange already. Anyway, they're making that EC back because I've seen more than one of those items sell, and they're asking for 100mil-200mil. With this change, it ensures they'll have a monopoly for at least 3 months.
  • Options
    piney89piney89 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4 <---- that sums up pretty well the deal we got forced upon us today, except for the redeeming part of course :P
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And about crafting vendor trash...how long do the projects take anyway? 600 XP an hour? I mean you'd have to like spend 10 hours in the game to reach the 6,000 equivalent of the daily...I mean again for people without jobs, mortgage/rent, family this system is superb...for the rest of us not so much. Most probably 3-4 hours on certain days others 1-2 hours.

And also again, this isn't counting the time in between grinding STF's and what not to get the materials and components in the first place.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That has only to do with the dilithium, slotting multiple 20 hours projects wouldn't have allowed them to get to level 15 that quickly. Just like with lock boxes were are people willing to invest hundreds of dollars. Some just bought a few tons of dilithium and used that to insta-end their projects.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry piney89 that fits way better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    piney89 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4 <---- that sums up pretty well the deal we got forced upon us today, except for the redeeming part of course :P

Yup this is EXACTLY what just happened...
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    edited July 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Sorry piney89 that fits way better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

For the win...
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lets call a spade a spade Cryptic is doing this becouse they feel its an expoit on the new crafting system. I to doubled up on the research projects thinking it was working as intended but never once did I give up any dilithium to speed up the process to me thats a waist of my hard earned dilithium nor would I ever consider spending real life money to buy zen to convert to dil to support this new crafting system . Which has left a bad taste in my mouth since I have been in this game for four years and maxed my crafting skill up the first year only to have to start over again.....
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem is, while the Crafting system may take a while, it's not meant for you to just do research projects each day. You're actually supposed to craft items each day for XP. Example: I have level 5 Ground weapons currently. I can make Mk VIII items for 1,200 XP every hour and I have 3 slots. I craft 3 weapons and come back in an hour to 3600 XP, slot 3 more weapons then I have a grand total of 7200 XP, 1200 XP more than a 20 hour research project. Even more XP with Mark X+.

While this might not get you to level 20 immediately, I would be happy to help someone figure out totals for the system.

i hope you got 1000's of them blue mats
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Well this really nice to see - players pretty much united in their disgust of this change.

However, as Al Rivera(the lead Dev) said in the last podcast several times - he considers all this forum stuff just lots of "Ranting" with no constructive feedback - so it's not worth his time.

So I think these changes are a done deal and not going back.

Show me the Money!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    They need to get Stahl back. Every time Rivera gets put 'in charge' the game death spirals.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    That has only to do with the dilithium, slotting multiple 20 hours projects wouldn't have allowed them to get to level 15 that quickly. Just like with lock boxes were are people willing to invest hundreds of dollars. Some just bought a few tons of dilithium and used that to insta-end their projects.

Pay $120 to win! <- And this is for a single school.
  • Options
    solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Some people dumped ridiculous amounts of EC/dil to max at least one school quickly, hence why you see MK XII UR level 15 restricted items in the Exchange already. Anyway, they're making that EC back because I've seen more than one of those items sell, and they're asking for 100mil-200mil. With this change, it ensures they'll have a monopoly for at least 3 months.

Well thats just it isnt it? How is that fair especially if the were able to research more than one school in addition to that? And how much dil would that have cost? 20K dil per item plus 20K per R&D speed-up times how many times to max level?

Anyone have the numbers on that? IE If I started from level 0 and wanted to max out one school TODAY - how much dil would that cost?

I dunno . . . something just doesnt seem right about this whole thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well thats just it isnt it? How is that fair especially if the were able to research more than one school in addition to that? And how much dil would that have cost? 20K dil per item plus 20K per R&D speed-up times how many times to max level?

Anyone have the numbers on that? IE If I started from level 0 and wanted to max out one school TODAY - how much dil would that cost?

I take about 1.9 million dilithium to hit level 15 - don't even ask about level 20:eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2014

To get 1 school to 15 (so you can craft the special) is 1.89 mil refined dilithium.
    To get all schools to 15 is a hair over 13 mil. This number is adjusted up or down depending on how many crits your 'finish now' grants you.

It's exactly what they want. With current zen/lithium prices - they get a hundred and thirty odd dollars for every school you power level.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dear Cryptic I'll say what's on everyone's mind as succinctly as I can.

You're a bunch of money grubbing a$$hole$ who can con$ider the ca$h flow from us to be over. We'll all get a laugh when we walk past and $ee you at the local $oup kitchen.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    You find materials. You build components. You assemble items. It's crafting. If you're going to be reductive, you can go to any absurd length.

Thank you for proving my point. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014

This too me just sounds like a lot. I only really play with one toon and like to complete everything on that one character. 554 days for all Level 20, I mean that's nearly 2 years...

And even if I do decide to push the "I Win Crafting Button" i.e. Dilithium...we're talking 2,070,000/6000=345 projects x 18,000 Dilithium = 6,210,000 Dilithium for one project to 20. If you want a project to 15 with the "I win button" then it would be...

630,000/6000=105 projects x 18,000 Dilithium = 1,890,000 Dilithium. Even for the Zen to Dil crew we're talking (at the current exchange rate) $120.00 to rush one project to Level 15....................................that's nearly as much as as it was upgrading our Tier V Shipyard...and that was a GROUP effort...this is solo!
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder what would've happen if the 20 hour wasn't even available/never created...

They seriously need some trend analysts...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well this really nice to see - players pretty much united in their disgust of this change.

However, as Al Rivera(the lead Dev) said in the last podcast several times - he considers all this forum stuff just lots of "Ranting" with no constructive feedback - so it's not worth his time.

So I think these changes are a done deal and not going back.

Well I think that's how just about every developer views their forum and for one very simple reason: its true. Constructive feedback tries to integrate multiple points of view together into a practical truth that can build a better game. It's an objective exercise. Ex. "I see the need for a crafting revamp and the constraints under which it was developed, but here's how we can make it better for everyone including cryptic."

What we get here is simply exaggeration, "Cryptic is ruining the game." "Cryptic is ruining the franchise." "Cryptic is making another dash for cash." or more simply "Dooooooooooooom."

While these may be attached to itemized points these aren't reasonable statements. They're what you would expect from someone smearing an opponent while running for political office. I don't make that reference lightly because I do believe there's the same psychological component at work. You take a thing that has happened and position yourself about it in the best way possible to take advantage of it through social pressure.

Instead of, say, a few whiners overreacting to a basic overhaul (which doesn't exactly strike out into virgin MMO territory) you have a united force standing up to a purely awful update. That's simply cheap emotionalism, something to make you feel good and possibly make cryptic feel bad. Its not how you get them to listen, let alone improve the game, because ultimately you aren't saying anything other than "I want more control."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!