test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadouts/power tray still broken.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,437 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Yup... ran into this a few times myself. Its annoying, especially when going into an STF or something.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Being that I run several very different builds with very different doff loadouts... this bug is getting VERY ANNOYING. Funny thing is it worked briefly, then ceased working soon after. As of now it's just plain broken. Being that it was reported fixed and all yet all the players keep saying it's broken... "I don't think that word means what you think it means."
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    I was thinking, if I shall buy more loadout slots, is there a possibility that some of them shall work? Or I still shall have only first working slot?

I bought 30 of them even. :P (I have loadouts that do nothing but remove the fugly, feet-less Rom Embassy crew off my bridge, and puts my human crew back, for when I want to visit rmy bridge).

Thang is still broken, though. Sometimes Tact Officers remain stuck (won't change), or the tray gets messed up. Or consumables (weps batteries, particularly) don't appear on the tray. Or Cryptic, in its infinite wisdom, auto-fills empty spots they first, erroneously, emptied themselves. It's not as bad as it used to be, though.

All-in-all, do extra loadout slots work? To answer this diplomatically, they work as well as the ones you get for free.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A minor offshoot of this problem -- batteries and stackable devices disappearing from the tray if you replenish them while on a ground map -- is still happening too. It too started at the same time as the loadout traywipes and equipment de-installations happened, that being when loadouts were first enabled.

Equipment de-installations still happen sometimes too, but usually only if you've acquired and changed to a new ship (as far as I know). The first time you beam up, half the stuff you just got done putting in your weapons slots (and maybe a console or two) will end up in your inventory.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    delftnl wrote: »
    I think we should keep this forum alive every ay... till they do something aout it. Instead of nerving this nerving that. I mean this is complete bull****. Keeping us waiting this long.
    You mean "nerfing"?
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    delftnl wrote: »
    I think we should keep this forum alive every ay... till they do something aout it. Instead of nerving this nerving that. I mean this is complete bull****. Keeping us waiting this long.

If you mean what I think you mean; that we should keep this thread alive every day until they do something about loadout issues. Then there is certainly a precedent for this.

Vets will remember the old 700 Day Android thread which we kept alive for 1087 posts and 97,295 views. Cryptic eventually gave us the choice of 700 android that we wanted.

More recently the Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects thread was kept alive for 806 posts and 44,467 views. Cryptic eventually fixed this issue with STF accolades for us.

Now there is a problem. Bumping threads is a violation of the forum rules. While this has been only loosely enforced for many threads, such as the two examples above, it dose seem that recently enforcement of this rule has increased.

However if we wish to keep cryptic aware that loadouts are still important to us we really don't have any other options then the forum.

The importance of specific bugs to us isn't something cryptic can really infer from their metrics, and the bug ticket system in game either doesn't work or is completely ignored (Devs often express a lack of knowledge about issues we have been submitting tickets on for years).

While keeping those issues that are important to us alive on the forums must be useful to cryptic (as they have no other way to monitor which bugs matter most to us) we must not violate the bumping rule. So we need to keep our posts to:

Fresh reports that we are effected and in what ways.
    Things we have tried to work around the issues that have or have not worked.
    Theories and speculation regarding the possible cause of our loadout issues.
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is any one else still having problems with loadouts besides me? I thought this was supposed to be fixed but I guess I'm either wrong or it's just me.
    edited August 2014
    Nope, its not just you. Its every one.
    Every one still has problems with loadouts.
    It's just that we don't all have the same combination of problems.
    No one in my fleet or any one else that I know in game has them work properly.

Loadouts have now been broken since their release 197 days ago.

It has been 109 days since crypticfrost reportedly isolated the problem and passed it on to those who can fix it.

Yet the bug still dose not appear in either:

Bug Reports: Master Index of Known Issues

or

Patch Note: Known Issues

It has been 23 days since askray asked for the master bug list to be updated.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    Is any one else still having problems with loadouts besides me? I thought this was supposed to be fixed but I guess I'm either wrong or it's just me.

Nah, this bug was never fixed. Its just people dont bother anymore to post bug reports.. :(
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I visited the fleet starbase last night and promptly spent 30 minutes unfrakking my power tray for all 6 ships, and one runabout. this after 4 hours in game without any issue.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    and I brought my fleet oddy out to mess with her tonight..and the power tray's broken..again.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe there's sooper seekret tray fix code in X2? :D

Yeah probably not. D:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nope, its not just you. Its every one.
    Every one still has problems with loadouts.
    It's just that we don't all have the same combination of problems.
    No one in my fleet or any one else that I know in game has them work properly.

Loadouts have now been broken since their release 197 days ago.

It has been 109 days since crypticfrost reportedly isolated the problem and passed it on to those who can fix it.

Yet the bug still dose not appear in either:

Bug Reports: Master Index of Known Issues

or

Patch Note: Known Issues

It has been 23 days since askray asked for the master bug list to be updated.

Ahh after 21 days they aren't bugs, there features.............
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    while i have had intermittent problems with the loadout function since its inception, it has only been in recent weeks that it has simply ceased to function full stop. about all it does anymore is change the order of the boffs in the roster. other than that, nothing.
    its a bit of a bummer considering i paid actual money for loadout slots (kind of like those costume slots hey).

please pull your socks up, cryptic.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meh still works 98% effectively for me, but than again I don't go around constantly switching ships/gear/crew/etc.!

This is the #1 reason, why I get a 98% working percentage.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meh still works 98% effectively for me, but than again I don't go around constantly switching ships/gear/crew/etc.!

This is the #1 reason, why I get a 98% working percentage.

lol It is an obvious solution. If you are not useing it - it is not bugged. :D
    This system is meant to swap things all time. If you are not swaping it is not needed for you at all.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    lol It is an obvious solution. If you are not useing it - it is not bugged. :D
    This system is meant to swap things all time. If you are not swaping it is not needed for you at all.

Oh I use it, it's just I rarely swap around stuff, unless I am doing pve/pvp, as those are the only two saved setups I have per ship.

Default PVE
    Default PVP

Each, and every ship has this saved on it.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bump......... devs. Are you still attending to this?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    edited August 2014
    With X2 on their plates? I doubt it. They probably won't have the free time to begin to try to fix this until a couple weeks after X2 goes live. Holodeck is essentially in 'maintenance mode' or 'cruise control' right now. Just keep it running and don't tamper with anything major that might break unless there's a critical bug, until they can unify the code branch with X2.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited September 2014
    So I hoped on tribble to see if the loadout situation was any better there...

From my testing it seems that the problem with duty officers not loading on ship switch is fixed. But boff seating and Power tray are still broken upon loadout load.

Of course loadouts have always treated different people differently so it may be that doffs on ship switch is still broken for others, just not for me.
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From my testing it seems that the problem with duty officers not loading on ship switch is fixed. But boff seating and Power tray are still broken upon loadout load.

Yes, duty officers were swaped normally always. I don't know why there is a difference about bug reports. For me it is broken exect same way on all characters and those who I know are reporting same. Not saved power tray is its bug.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    this will never be fixed the power tray forgetting what goes were from time to time is a feature of the game, i suspect that its linked to the loadout bug that was meant to give players a quick fix to the power tray problem.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Two more threads on this issue popped up:

Seriously? Loadout System is HILARIOUSLY Broken

Loadouts Still Not Working!

If cryptic's character database is such a poor mash up of pointers and bad indexing that they cant fix this, I don't expect them to admit it, but if we could get this added to the master bug list it would reduce the endless number of fresh threads that will spawn.

Incidentally it has now been:

228 days since Loadouts were released in a broken state.

140 days since crypticfrost reportedly isolated the problem and passed it on to those who can fix it.

54 days since askray asked for the master bug list to be updated.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i suspect that due to its buggyness on launch, many people didnt buy loadout slots. and since not many people bought loadout slots, 'loadouts dont sell', so cryptic see no reason to fix it.
    classic.
    edited September 2014
    i suspect that do to its buggyness on launch, many people didnt buy loadout slots. and since not many people bought loadout slots, 'loadouts dont sell', so cryptic see no reason to fix it.
    classic.

I've entirely eschewed the loadout system for this reason. It was buggy on tribble, it was buggy when it was pushed to holodeck, and I'm not buying loadout slots for a broken system.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've entirely eschewed the loadout system for this reason. It was buggy on tribble, it was buggy when it was pushed to holodeck, and I'm not buying loadout slots for a broken system.

Same here. I toyed around with the loadout system on Tribble and decided to wait until they worked out the kinks on Holodeck before using it. Since that never happened, I have never touched the loadout system on Holodeck. I still seem to experience weird bugs, like batteries unslotting.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is rather easy to verify, wonder what's up with no response after all the threads. :confused:
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    not to bash them but im thinking they might not know how to fix it
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • nasgarothiannasgarothian Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the technicalities have been covered, so i'll just throw my lot in and say yeah, me too. I wasn't aware of any issues when i actually bought extra loadout slots :( Sometimes, my boffs and traits go...but always, my skill trays go. Same ship, a pvp loadout and a pve loadout...well if i've had to set up my ship again, redoing my skill tray, to run pve with fleeties, and then somebody asks me if i'll go pvp....yeah, needless to say i can't be bothered to redo all my skill trays again, besides running the risk of traits and boffs undoing at random. I am one of those people, you may think i'm stupid, go ahead and troll...but i can't remember how i had things, i have to do it from scratch, ocd...i enjoy, spending a good hour, or more, building, switching things up. But when my trays get set up, i tend to forget something important... i don't mind redoing my skills that much, not enough to rage...but it is inconvenient, has caused other members in my pve's to suffer due to me needing to take 5 minutes to slot things to make do.... when this is pretty much specifically why i purchased the extra slots, so that i could change at a whim, very conveniently. Well i can't change at a whim and certainly not conveniently :P C'est la vie, but please cryptic, chop chop, you'll be getting my pennies come delta rising anyway, so please throw me a bone and sort this one sharpish eh? We'll even settle for you just confirming, that you're looking into it. It is not resolved. Not even close. If i was in a particularly bad mood i'd say find the person responsible for labellling this bug "resolved" and give them a damn good talking to, and maybe leave them in charge of something even simpler in future. I just can't hold a grudge, you guys are gonna let me upgrade my odysseys and scimitars, you little peaches :D But seriously, the person responsible? Feed him to the Targs.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yay, but this is broken since the day 0, so just a fast look at the forums back in the days will prevent you to buy broken things.. and since this happens a lot with STO, i guess only the experience will give everyone the basics of knowing not to buy anything until you are sure it works perfectly fine. But i guess you will not make the same mistake again ;)

I really expected loadouts to be a working feature, i was expecting it ages ago when it was released, but sadly, another broken thing i will never be able to use. It was going to be my way to make some specific builds for stfs, some queues, rep, etc. but i guess again, we need to forget about it.