test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadouts/power tray still broken.

Comments

• nasgarothiannasgarothian Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh don't be so sure :D it's not so much the fact it's broke...it's more, how it's been handled and ignored. Hence throwing my name down in here in the hope it'll be noticed eventually.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I noticed that on tribble the updated ship status window includes an updated loadout interface. I think that it must still be under construction though; it lacks a big red warning...

WARNING THIS FEATURE DOSE NOT WORK, THIS IS WORKING AS INTENDED, SO DONT BOTHER REPORTING IT

....message. I am sure the UI artist will get around to adding that soon. Tribble is still a work in progress arfter all.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I noticed that on tribble the updated ship status window includes an updated loadout interface. I think that it must still be under construction though; it lacks a big red warning...

WARNING THIS FEATURE DOSE NOT WORK, THIS IS WORKING AS INTENDED, SO DONT BOTHER REPORTING IT

....message. I am sure the UI artist will get around to adding that soon. Tribble is still a work in progress arfter all.

LOL, i dont even know why people even bother to login on Tribble.. oh well i know, to just feel important when they tell to the players that this feature is not working on tribble.. SO it will be launched in holodeck... lol.

The most incredible thing is, why cryptic keep something that doesnt work in the c-store??? i mean, any company will remove a product if it doesnt work. Right?? so, newbie people will buy loadout slots not knowing the feature never worked.. because there is no info about it anywhere. But, meh, this is the way cryptic do things.. maybe the only company in the world that launches something that can only be adquired with real money, but you cant use it because the feature its broken, but they dont even bother to remove that from the c-store... you think on it.. and it is hilarious.
    edited October 2014
    Did some more loadout bug testing on tribble to see if the new interface was an indication that they had made any progress towards fixing them.

It seems they have not. The only thing that works better on tribble is that Duty officers swap when you use ship quick swap.

Loadouts themselves still fail to load bridge officers and scramble the power tray.
  • biruribiruri Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Honestly, I can stand the boff/doff issues, but the loadouts are worthless when they won't actually swap the damn gear.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    7/19/14 Edit:

The Loadout Feature was the big new mechanic introduced in season 8.5 on January 30, 2014. Many of us were excited for it, including myself, while some felt it was a waist of development time. It was buggy and unreliable on tribble, and we had reported it as such.

Since its release multiple threads have been created on issues with the topic.

Crypticfrost reported that he had isolated the cause of the problem some months ago. Since then no progress has been made so I presume the problem turned out to be more complex then thought at the time. Despite being known, no mention of loadouts (save a duplication issue) exists in the known issues lists of patch notes, or the sticky on this forum.

To aid cryptic with fixing them I have modified this post to provide links to previous threads with posts relating to the issue. If any one else has additional information to add, or would simply like to let it be known that they too are effected please reply to the topic.

Loadout feature - missing/disappearing items

Ship Loadout function bugged

Multiple Aggravating Bugs .. Loadout, costumes ect

LoadOut Broken

Items replicating themselves in my inventory upon loadout change

Possible Loadout/Boff Fix

Loadout Doff problem/possible bug

Still a couple of loadout bugs

Official Thread: Loadout Bug - Items Duplicated (INVESTIGATING)

Random Npc appears instead of MY Bridge officer

Official Thread: Power Tray Slotting Bug (Resolved)

When will the ship load out system work correctly

BOFF Abilities and Batteries Repeatedly Disappear from Action Trays in Space

Seriously? Loadout System is HILARIOUSLY Broken

Loadouts Still Not Working!

Bugged loadout, it dosn't want to work

My own comprehensive testing of the issue can be found in a length post on page 2 of this thread.

Now simply referring to the 'loadout bugs' is not a clear definition of exactly what is wrong. Unfortunatly It has proven difficult to quantify as for some people loadouts seem to work well enough, for others iraticaly and yet more not at all.

Current easily replicatable bugs include duty officers loading on use of loadout slot, but not ship swap. And Bridge officers loading on ship swap but not use of loadout slot.

It is worth noting that when the option to keep an active small craft in addition to an active starship was introduce... however many seasons ago.. was that 2012? I forget, could have been 2013... We first started having issues with our slotted bridge officers not loading correctly after zoning, and our away teams being replaced with security. Many have speculated that this issue, which still persists, is connected to the failure of loadouts.

Origional Post:

So I recently did a full retraining of my bridge officers (all 54 of them) to optimize the number of efficient builds I could run to keep the largest number of ships viable. And then of course I had to re-save all my loadouts.

Of course loadouts have always been buggy but since doing this they have been more buggy then ever.

Now the doffs for them no longer change on ship switch (only loadout load) and loading a loadout wipes or rearranges all my bridge officers, not just one or two.

So I thought that I would take a look and see if we had any news from the devs on the loadout issues as I hadn't checked on any of the threads dealing with the issues in some time.

But I have found all the old threads closed and this topic isn't listed in the master index of known issues, even though it has been very much known for a very long time.

Has there been a cover up?

If its any help to finding a fix, some times my list of duty officers will randomly rearrange themselves for no discernible reason. I'm guessing the problem's with loadouts stem from a 'linked list'

Edit: Ok so I went back a lot more pages then I did intialy and found a thread that wasn't closed. Looks like they are having the same problem with duty officers not loading on ship switch.

I commend you for this great post.

Sadly, as we both know, I'm sure all of it will be ignored, as usual.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Well done meimeitoo. That was post one hundread in the thread.

As of this post (101), we are sitting at 3,267 views.

It has been:

250 days since loadouts were released in a broken state, which was well reported on tribble.

162 days since crypticfrost reported that he has found the cause.

76 days since askray asked that this be added to the master bug list.

I am still updating the thread list whenever a new topic on loadouts appears. Which happens when this thread falls off the 1st page.

I don't expect that we will get satisfaction any time soon. But sooner or later some dev at cryptic is going to have to take a class in database indexing because the issue is not going to go away.

The Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects thread was kept alive for 806 posts and 44,467 views and eventualy cryptic delt with the issue.

The old 700 Day Android thread was kept alive for 1087 posts and 97,295 views. and eventualy cryptic gave us what we wanted there too.

I suspect that this issue will have to be kept alive for significantly longer as cryptic hate to do more with code then copy and paste, but eventualy we will get there.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How in the world is this still a thing??
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why in the hell is this not on the list of bugs yet??
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why in the hell is this not on the list of bugs yet??

Why it should be if the other thousands arent either?
    edited October 2014
    Why it should be if the other thousands arent either?

How's about they get ALL put on the list, and we do away with this farce of there only being 2 or 3 'known issues'!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    How's about they get ALL put on the list, and we do away with this farce of there only being 2 or 3 'known issues'!?

Good for me xD. But that will not mean that they are actually "investigating". So, since cryptic rarely do bug fixing, i prefer just to not see any bug in the list.
    edited October 2014
    Today I caved, and discharged 11 old ships (begruding Cryptic their passive-aggressive ploy of letting ppl buy extra ship slots, instead of just fixing this), knowing it would thoroughly TRIBBLE up my loadouts/trays. And, of course, it did. And the discharging cleared out all my personal traits too. Sigh. I've rarely seen a dev team with so little professional pride.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Good for me xD. But that will not mean that they are actually "investigating". So, since cryptic rarely do bug fixing, i prefer just to not see any bug in the list.

Indeed, I rather *not* see the list, instead of being told there are only 2 or 3 'known issues.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The loadout interface has been updated, but no fix still...

In-game handle @Janetza
    edited October 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    The loadout interface has been updated, but no fix still...

Yup, really funny. They keep investing efforts in a broken feature.. i will never understand.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    even though this is an old thread, they still are, any time I changed a map I had to reset ALL of my trays due to each map.. poof their they go again out the airlock.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ALL of my Space Doffs keep unslotting themselves when I change maps. This is tiresome.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited October 2014
    So DR goes live and what a surprise, loadouts got even worse then they were before. In more ways then one.

Well done cryptic.
    edited October 2014
    And the new threads regarding loadout issues keep coming. Hear, hear and hear. If these issue were acknowledged and stickied maybe people wouldn't have to keep making new threads.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If these issue were acknowledged and stickied maybe people wouldn't have to keep making new threads.

I would think a better way to stop users from making new threads would be to actually *fix* the problem. But I guess that's asking for too much.

I've been lucky up to the release of Delta Rising, but with the switch to a new ship for upgrading my power tray has become next to useless. I have a new type of empathy for those of you who have been plagued by this in the past.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Saved loadouts, DOffs, and powers tray slots are converting back to original (i.e. PRE-DR) settings every time I change screens (e.g., warp to a new area, begin a new "Episode," etc.).

Actually have not had this problem since it was - or thought it was - fixed after Season 8.5...

So, adding in my "DITTO!" here...
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is getting extremely tiresome. I had this bug happen often before, but now its every single time i change a map in space. I dont know how long i can keep doing this in every single instance. I have a feeling i'm going to just stop playing over this.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clannmac wrote: »
    Saved loadouts, DOffs, and powers tray slots are converting back to original (i.e. PRE-DR) settings every time I change screens (e.g., warp to a new area, begin a new "Episode," etc

That explains why only my Fed is now experiencing this problem. My Rommie/Lethean are using the same setup (pre-DR) on an upgraded vet destroyer while my Fed decided to switch ships and has new loadouts.
    scarling wrote: »
    I have a feeling i'm going to just stop playing over this.

I always plan on going into maintainence mode 'til the bugs of a new release are kinked out, but this time around it's kind'a like 'What's the point?' I'm getting disgusted with myself for logging in to complete 'just that next step' for advancement when it seems like Cryptic is haphazardly, without regard, making those steps harder and harder for no reason other than meeting a release deadline.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    done, thank you.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
    edited October 2014
    swamarian wrote: »

Addedd crypticfrost's new thread to the list, along with a few more threads that poped up.
    edited October 2014
    Popped on tribble while the servers are down to see if there has been any change to loadout bugs there.

I initially thought maybe they had fixed them as a loadout was successfully recalled after zoning. But after switching ships and testing loadouts on that one, and switching back to the first ship the loadouts on it would no longer recall all the boffs.

Also duty officers still don't switch on ship swap on tribble right now.

On the plus side my broken skill retrain button was fixed on tribble, but that's another matter entirely.
    edited October 2014
    A huge number of new loadout threads have popped up over the past 4 days. So I have updated the list in Post #1 again.

It seems that all 4 aspects of loadouts are still having issues for many people:

• Bridge officers stop loading on recall of saved loadouts
    • Bridge Officers misteriusly disappear from their stations after zoning.
    • Power Tray's rearrange themselves on ship swap and arfter zoning.
    • Active Duty Officers fail to swap with ship swap.
    • Active Duty Officers become inactive arfter zoning.
    • Consoles equipped on T5-U ships fail to be recalled.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited October 2014
    there's a dev-thread on this, please add your experiences there

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191

no idea why it's not sticky, it's fairly common/serious

happens to me all the time after DR, and I don't even use the loadout system (never happened to me before DR)