Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Could always move to Skyrim.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Can we get a badge that says that?

Yes.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna trade the British Isles for an arsenal of naquadah-enhanced nuclear missiles?

Who would want them? They're a bit wet.
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yes.

Hail Ba'al!

Oooh, thanks.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    I would like to assure everyone that his goatee-essness' loyal servant on the honourable, almost totally uninhabitable frozen wasteland of Greenland has not lost his marbles and started executing his subjects.

*Screams can be heard in the distance.*

We're having a class in teaching the Jaffa to do a Wilhelm scream. True story.

Hey, the place is a barely inhabited frozen wasteland! There's not much to do!

Anyone wanna trade the British Isles for an arsenal of naquadah-enhanced nuclear missiles?

You want a movie-theater-sized 3D HDTV?

I have a vast Nepotism Quota and not a lot to spend it on.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You want a movie-theater-sized 3D HDTV?

I have a vast Nepotism Quota and not a lot to spend it on.

Hail Ba'al!
    okay, this is going to keep bugging me until i ask...what is nepotism and how do you fill a quota for it?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    okay, this is going to keep bugging me until i ask...what is nepotism and how do you fill a quota for it?

Nepotism--bribes, gifts, and favors from a person in power to xir supporters and/or friends and vice versa. It's a kind of blatant corruption.

My Nepotism Quota is a certain amount of Hands of Ba'al (the Glorious Regime's main currency) that I have to spend each month on gifts and favors to others. As Grand Vizier, I have the largest such quota in the Regime. I usually just give the surplus to charity, which technically counts as nepotism because Ba'al is a cool evil overlord that way.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    IMPORTANT information for all Minions of Ba'al (tm):

As of tomorrow, ROB* 3/19/0, AKA 6/19/2014 by the old Gregorian calendar, ALL charitable uses of Nepotism Quota funds are permitted for ALL Minions of Ba'al (tm) with such quotas. Please note that any and all such donations must still pass review; certain organizations may be deemed illegible on the basis of fomenting dissent against the Glorious Regime, being hate groups, a history of improper use of funds, or a combination of the above.

I, Grand Vizier worffan101, do hereby decree this law of Ba'al enacted, on the 18th day of the month of First Prime Teal'c in the year of Ba'al 0.

Praise be to Sovereign Ba'al, Supreme System Lord of all worlds!

Hail Ba'al!

*Reign Of Ba'al.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    certain organizations may be deemed illegible on the basis of fomenting dissent against the Glorious Regime, being hate groups, a history of improper use of funds, or a combination of the above.
    ugh...this is why i hate humans...

*shifty eyes* hey, if you happen to need someone to 'take care' of some of those groups, i'm your wolf

left unchecked, they may eventually become a threat to your sovereign, after all
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ugh...this is why i hate humans...

*shifty eyes* hey, if you happen to need someone to 'take care' of some of those groups, i'm your wolf

left unchecked, they may eventually become a threat to your sovereign, after all

Ah, good, someone at LAST for Minister of Justice (unofficially known as the Minister of Judicious Booty-kicking)!

Do you want the job? It comes with a mansion, Ha'tak battleship, fully stocked with al'kesh, tel'tak, and death glider attack ships, a thousand Kull Warriors as minions, and a dozen fully-trained Jaffa legal scribes so you don't actually have to do any work other than saying "guilty" or "not guilty" and then formulating and carrying out the sentence.

If you're in, then you're hired. Welcome to the fold!

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ah, good, someone at LAST for Minister of Justice (unofficially known as the Minister of Judicious Booty-kicking)!

Do you want the job? It comes with a mansion, Ha'tak battleship, fully stocked with al'kesh, tel'tak, and death glider attack ships, a thousand Kull Warriors as minions, and a dozen fully-trained Jaffa legal scribes so you don't actually have to do any work other than saying "guilty" or "not guilty" and then formulating and carrying out the sentence.

Hail Ba'al!

Damn, if I had known that such a position was open, I might have come to you instead of Ba'al... ah, but there are so many advantages to being one of his assassin's...

Anyway, tattoo kid and the rest have been taken care of. They niw recognize the Grand Regime as their Sovereign government...

Now it's up to Ba'al to decide who will be their Grand Bender... atleast, that's what they said they want...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    Damn, if I had known that such a position was open, I might have come to you instead of Ba'al... ah, but there are so many advantages to being one of his assassin's...

Anyway, tattoo kid and the rest have been taken care of. They niw recognize the Grand Regime as their Sovereign government...

Now it's up to Ba'al to decide who will be their Grand Bender... atleast, that's what they said they want...

Well, we can still transfer you, if you're comfortable with an open role...

Good, good...I'll message the Sovereign and find somebody to figure something out.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, we can still transfer you, if you're comfortable with an open role...

Good, good...I'll message the Sovereign and find somebody to figure something out.

Hail Ba'al!

I do have a question. What's up with that Ryan guy? I think it was against one of the Sovereigns laws to allow a low minion like him to have an arsenal like that.

Or is it a contellation prize for giving him Greenland? *Shiver* Uhhhn, Greenland...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I do have a question. What's up with that Ryan guy? I think it was against one of the Sovereigns laws to allow a low minion like him to have an arsenal like that.

Or is it a contellation prize for giving him Greenland? *Shiver* Uhhhn, Greenland...

Consolation prize. I couldn't find anyone else to take it, he offered the deal...seems to have worked out well. Weapons R&D is reporting great successes up there.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Hail Ba'al!
    i'd prefer to remain independant...i work best when not burdened by office

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2014
    i'd prefer to remain independant...i work best when not burdened by office

As you wish. If you decide to take independent action, please see Ba'al's rules and regulations for bounty hunters.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Consolation prize. I couldn't find anyone else to take it, he offered the deal...seems to have worked out well. Weapons R&D is reporting great successes up there.

Hail Ba'al!

He seems very... eager to get his hands on the British Isles. Perhaps you should just give it to him to prevent thermonuclear war?

Either way I don't particularly care. I have to go straighten out Egypt. They keep calling me Pharoah and all that just because I look a little but like the last Ra... By Ba'al, if this gets to Ba'al, I'll loose my head.

*Walks out holding his head.*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    As you wish. If you decide to take independent action, please see Ba'al's rules and regulations for bounty hunters.

Hail Ba'al!
    *raises eye* and they are?

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2014
    We're not gonna have a problem because I'm physically similar to humans right? I mean... other than the spots, Trill can pass for human.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We're not gonna have a problem because I'm physically similar to humans right? I mean... other than the spots, Trill can pass for human.
    not unless you are a member of or endorse any of those groups mr. grand vizier mentioned about 12 posts ago

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi, my names Boba Fett. You may know me, I have a large fanbase. I wish to join Ba'al as a bounty hunter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    Hi, my names Boba Fett. You may know me, I have a large fanbase. I wish to join Ba'al as a bounty hunter.
    *growls at the competition* i was here first, meat

besides, you're dead - you got eaten by a sarlacc

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Well... I was assigned as a liason officer on behalf of Starfleet so...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    He seems very... eager to get his hands on the British Isles. Perhaps you should just give it to him to prevent thermonuclear war?

Either way I don't particularly care. I have to go straighten out Egypt. They keep calling me Pharoah and all that just because I look a little but like the last Ra... By Ba'al, if this gets to Ba'al, I'll loose my head.

*Walks out holding his head.*
    Ugh, this again?

Don't worry, Sovereign Ba'al is certain of your loyalty and is pleased with your service. He said that the day he beheads you is the day that hell reaches absolute zero.
    *raises eye* and they are?
    It's a long list. Have you ever heard of the "Grapple Rules"?
    rattler2 wrote: »

No problems. You're trusted, we have you on the safe list, Exchange Officer/Captain Jade.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »

Here's your rules and regulations.

*plunks an 80-pound tome on the table. It is printed in almost microscopic letters*

Welcome to the fold and good luck.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's a long list. Have you ever heard of the "Grapple Rules"?
    i have not

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2014
    *Cleans rifle while waiting for something to do*
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    * plays pinball with NEO asteroids while waiting for something to do *
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Minions, harken to me! Your Grand Vizier needs something done, and fast!

Captain Jade! The Glorious Regime requires brave explorers to explore a newly-discovered planet called Scadrial! Go forth, and explore this ash- and mist-cloaked realm in the name of Ba'al!

Minister of Transportation/Administrator of Cosmic Smitings! Our recent trinium shipments from Roxalon have been only two-thirds of what was requisitioned. We suspect that someone is engaging in unlicensed corruption by skimming off the top. Or possibly a lot of someones. Find the culprit and punish him/her/them appropriately!

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Minions, harken to me! Your Grand Vizier needs something done, and fast!

Captain Jade! The Glorious Regime requires brave explorers to explore a newly-discovered planet called Scadrial! Go forth, and explore this ash- and mist-cloaked realm in the name of Ba'al!

Minister of Transportation/Administrator of Cosmic Smitings! Our recent trinium shipments from Roxalon have been only two-thirds of what was requisitioned. We suspect that someone is engaging in unlicensed corruption by skimming off the top. Or possibly a lot of someones. Find the culprit and punish him/her/them appropriately!

Hail Ba'al!
    when you're done with that one, you cna check out this interesting planet i stumbled across during one of my...cargo runs

it's called Sanctuary by the natives, and it seems to suffer from periodic demonic invasions - maybe you can capture a few for genetic experimentation purposes, and perhaps some of the local mages as well

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2014
    when you're done with that one, you cna check out this interesting planet i stumbled across during one of my...cargo runs

it's called Sanctuary by the natives, and it seems to suffer from periodic demonic invasions - maybe you can capture a few for genetic experimentation purposes, and perhaps some of the local mages as well

Darth Kuntel, this seems like a job for you.

I have to go schmooze with some important dignitaries to try to convince them to sell out to the Glorious Regime.

Hail Ba'al!