test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *the gravitational distortion continues growing, its energy output increasing exponentially until, with a nearly blinding flash, it rapidly expands outward into a wormhole-like phenomenon*
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    *Rachel returns the favor*

I was in MACO. I'm not a complete idiot. I never leave a man behind if I can. I can kill people with a flick of my wrist, thanks in part to that psychotic scum Three.

What about you? You anything more than a sucker for Janeway's propaganda?

OOC: Somehow, that's not something I'd say to the heir to the throne of a foreign power.
    edited October 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    OOC: Somehow, that's not something I'd say to the heir to the throne of a foreign power.
    (she doesn't know that - yet)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I'm not fragile Kuntel.
    *Heads to the bridge and steps out*

Report.
    Ops: Disturbance nearby Captain.
    So much for a quiet launch...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited October 2014

OOC: And a man who's been beaten and tortured all his life to become the perfect silent killing machine!:D
    edited October 2014
    *the gravitational distortion continues growing, its energy output increasing exponentially until, with a nearly blinding flash, it rapidly expands outward into a wormhole-like phenomenon*

*The ship shakes violently.*

Commander: Oh, Hell!

All hands, General Quarters!

*Red alert sounds as the bridge continues to shake.*

Helm, get us clear of the yard! Now!

Helm: Sir, we're still slaved to McKinley's power sys--!

Commander: Allington to Dannover! I need main power online yesterday!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Where's...
    *The normal bridge crew arrives and relieves stand ins*
    Cut us loose and get some distance from this thing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2014
    *Rachel returns the favor*

I was in MACO. I'm not a complete idiot. I never leave a man behind if I can. I can kill people with a flick of my wrist, thanks in part to that psychotic scum Three.

What about you? You anything more than a sucker for Janeway's propaganda?

OOC: Guess their following them.

First, never seen any Janeway propaganda. Second, I was trained from the age of three to kill people as quickly and silently as I can. With anything and everything. Most of that consisted of horrible, sadistic training!

*Smiles at her.*

And who are you to judge me?
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (OOC: For the most part, Ryan.)

(Rose looks at Rachael)

Listen, Racheal. You are not getting on anyone's goodside, today. Best keep your opinions to yourself, you never know when someone has to get your TRIBBLE out of the fire, or the freezer.

(As Rose runs after the couple to the bridge)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    edited October 2014
    *all sensors actively focused on the wormhole begin to pick up something large emerging from the portal, hull trace elements being consistent with regime dark intent class warships*

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    *Sits in her newly replaced chair, not noticing it squeaked*
    Back us off!
    *The Lexington eases away from the wormhole*
    edited October 2014
    (and you know, the rift shouldn't be affecting anyone that badly; i did say it was forming beyond the yard's defense perimeter, and those tend to be quite a distance out from the yard itself)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    (More of the surprise factor on my end)
    edited October 2014
    *all sensors actively focused on the wormhole begin to pick up something large emerging from the portal, hull trace elements being consistent with regime dark intent class warships*

Commander: Keep getting us ready for launch.

*OOC: Keep in mind that the Victorious is undergoing yard work and is basically a sitting duck.*
    edited October 2014
    (besides, isn't the lexington still drydocked? gonna be tricky to back out of that without scraping against the shipyard's 'arms')

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    icerose20 wrote: »
    (OOC: For the most part, Ryan.)

OOC: What do you think of my stories, if I may ask?
    edited October 2014
    (She was ready to go by now.)
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    OOC: Guess their following them.

First, never seen any Janeway propaganda. Second, I was trained from the age of three to kill people as quickly and silently as I can. With anything and everything. Most of that consisted of horrible, sadistic training!

*Smiles at her.*

And who are you to judge me?

*Rachel shrugs*

Assimilated, painfully liberated, augmented without my consent--which came with a reactive adaptation ability that causes excruciating pain whenever it activates and a regenerative physiology that's saved my rear when good men died behind me.

So yeah, I know pain too. I was turned into a living weapon without my consent by a sadistic psychopath.

Anyway. K'tar, Lamont, find the armory and start replicating weapons. I know a few tricks to double the power of a standard-issue phaser if I can get my hands on some craylon gas.

I'll be on the Bridge guarding the Captain.
    edited October 2014
    OOC: What do you think of my stories, if I may ask?

OOC: I enjoy them. Your present tense usage is always a treat, very few people do that well.
    edited October 2014
    *Rachel shrugs*

Assimilated, painfully liberated, augmented without my consent--which came with a reactive adaptation ability that causes excruciating pain whenever it activates and a regenerative physiology that's saved my rear when good men died behind me.

So yeah, I know pain too. I was turned into a living weapon without my consent by a sadistic psychopath.

Anyway. K'tar, Lamont, find the armory and start replicating weapons. I know a few tricks to double the power of a standard-issue phaser if I can get my hands on some craylon gas.

I'll be on the Bridge guarding the Captain.

No, you won't. It's just Shadow comin' out of a wormhole.

*Puts his hands in his pockets and walks onto the Bridge.*
    edited October 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    No, you won't. It's just Shadow comin' out of a wormhole.

*Puts his hands in his pockets and walks onto the Bridge.*
    (how is it kuntel's the only one who knows that? even jade doesn't know yet - or at least she's just now starting to piece things together

the hull metallurgy readings probably helped a great deal there)

*the tip of a ship begins to emerge from the wormhole, its hull as black as the space around it*

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    (how is it kuntel's the only one who knows that? even jade doesn't know yet - or at least she's just now starting to piece things together

the hull metallurgy readings probably helped a great deal there)

(Magic people can detect magic people.)
    edited October 2014
    Unless Worffan's insisting on keeping a ship nearby... I'm hoping that's Shadow. Do we have a transponder yet?

(Uncle voice: Magic must defeat Magic!)
    edited October 2014
    *as more of the ship emerges, revealing a rather familiar shape, enough of it has passed through the rift for the lexington's sensors to pick up on its transponder signal, reporting it as the night's embrace*

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    *Relaxes a bit*
    That's Shadow's ship.
    *Leans back, and hears the squeak*
    *Shakes her chair, causing it to squeak*

(If anyone's online now... I'm at K-7 #1 Trill with a TR-116 on her back in a sierra 1 uniform. Redhead. Standing on a table.)
    edited October 2014
    Oh, damn.

*Shakes his head at the chair.*
    edited October 2014
    *Rachel, wearing MACO body armor and with a MACO sniper rifle slung over her back, steps out of the turbolift onto the Bridge*

Captain? Here to guard you as assigned by Admiral Quinn. What's that ship?
    edited October 2014
    I told you what it was. It's Shadow...

*Rolls eyes.*
    edited October 2014
    I miss my old chair...

(I think that was said in ST 5 as well...)

I don't need a guard on me 24/7 you know...
    edited October 2014
    *the night's embrace fully exits the rift, which closes behind it, and pulls up parallel to earth station mckinley, the lexington then receiving a hail*

#LegalizeAwoo