Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    Please, don't use that kind of language in front of my wife, and probably your captain.

*Smiles, looking at her.*

And, that may very well be treason. So, shut up, please.

*she snorts*

Frankie Drake's already trying to kidnap me for my DNA, I was assimilated, liberated, and augmented without my consent by a psychotic living weapon. Possible treason doesn't scare me at this point.

Besides, it's the UFP. I have freedom of speech.

Anyway. Krystal Jade, right? You're the liaison to that obnoxious braggart and his space empire? I've been ordered to keep you safe on this mission.

*she sticks out her hand*

Rachel Connor, Lieutenant, UFP MACO corps. This are Privates Lamont and K'tar.

*Lamont is a burly, Caucasian Human who looks like the Undertaker; K'tar is a Klingon who looks like Dwayne Johnson*

Oh, and Captain Jade's husband? Everybody in SpecOps knows damn well that Janeway only got off with being kicked upstairs because she made command look good. And even then, Admiral Nechayev was pushing for life imprisonment in 4028, apparently.
  • Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still don't like you using profanity in front of my wife.

*Crosses his arms and gives her his best 'I know how to fillet you five ways to Friday' look.*
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (freedom of speech only applies to the government - anyone else is more than free to tell you to shut the hell up

and nechayev did no such thing, in ANY trek media)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (freedom of speech only applies to the government - anyone else is more than free to tell you to shut up

and nechayev did no such thing, in ANY trek media)

(Dude, I'm just making something up because I can't seriously believe that Janeway got off without at LEAST one person calling for her head on a stick. She aided and abetted the Borg Collective in the attempted assimilation of a newly-discovered sentient species. That's the most horrible crime imaginable.

BTW, do any of you guys read my stories, for the LCs or otherwise? Just wondering.)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    (Dude, I'm just making something up because I can't seriously believe that Janeway got off without at LEAST one person calling for her head on a stick. She aided and abetted the Borg Collective in the attempted assimilation of a newly-discovered sentient species. That's the most horrible crime imaginable.

BTW, do any of you guys read my stories, for the LCs or otherwise? Just wondering.)

OOC: This is the Federation we're talking about. They probably put anyone that advocates the death sentence away for a very long time...

and no.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (well, that wasn't her fault, it was the fault of whoever wrote up the script for scorpion...probably bermin and braga or whatever the hell their names are - you know, the ones responsible for such wonderful fan-favorites as Threshold and These are the Voyages...?

and the death penalty doesn't exist in the federation as of the 24th century, which is when voyager took place

and it only existed in one place during kirk's time - that general order forbidding any starfleet captain from going anywhere near talos iv on pain of death)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (well, that wasn't her fault, it was the fault of whoever wrote up the script for scorpion...probably bermin and braga or whatever the hell their names are - you know, the ones responsible for such wonderful fan-favorites as Threshold and These are the Voyages...?

and the death penalty doesn't exist in the federation as of the 24th century, which is when voyager took place

and it only existed in one place during kirk's time - that general order forbidding any starfleet captain from going anywhere near talos iv on pain of death)

(Given that Janeway's characterization was consistent only in its inconsistency and her blatant hypocrisy, I HAVE to blame the character.

Berman and Braga were bad, sure, but for the first 3 years or so Janeway was Jeri Taylor's Mary Sue.

Eh, point, I'll edit my earlier post.)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (well, there's part of the problem right there...a classic example of 'too many cooks spoil the soup'

if voyager would've had a single set of writers making up the scripts for the entire series and planning out the character development, there wouldn't BE any inconsistency - beyond the occasional plot-hole that tends to occur when one does something in episode x, forgets all about it because eidetic memories are rare in humans, then later does something completely contradictory in episode y much later

one good example of this is from one of my favorite shows; The Golden Girls

in one early episode, a flashback scene showed one of the girls, Rose Nylund, owning a pet cat

another episode much later in the series had Rose making up an excuse for why she still needed to take medication she should've been off years ago by saying it was the anniversary of the death of her beloved cat Fluffy - to which Dorothy replies that she never had a cat because she's allergic to them)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    (well, there's part of the problem right there...a classic example of 'too many cooks spoil the soup'

if voyager would've had a single set of writers making up the scripts for the entire series and planning out the character development, there wouldn't BE any inconsistency - beyond the occasional plot-hole that tends to occur when one does something in episode x, forgets all about it because eidetic memories are rare in humans, then later does something completely contradictory in episode y much later

one good example of this is from one of my favorite shows; The Golden Girls

in one early episode, a flashback scene showed one of the girls, Rose Nylund, owning a pet cat

another episode much later in the series had Rose making up an excuse for why she still needed to take medication she should've been off years ago by saying it was the anniversary of the death of her beloved cat Fluffy - to which Dorothy replies that she never had a cat because she's allergic to them)

(Yeah, that's part of it, but the real kicker is that Janeway's a hypocrite even between two episodes of the same season.

That's part of why I say that one week she's tossing the Prime Directive aside like so much paper to save some pretty blond Caucasian space elves from a bunch of idiot Kazon, and two weeks later she's refusing to intervene because Prime Directive when another, less Pure White Maiden species is about to selfdestruct from a dangerous power source.

Basically, Captain Kirk's method of First Contact is why the Prime Directive exists (even though Kirk never seems to pay attention to it), and Janeway is the reason it SHOULDN'T exist; she uses it as an excuse for everything.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    *Puts his feet up on the human private's knee.*

So... who sent you kids to look after Krys?

*Raises an eyebrow.*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    *Puts his feet up on the human private's knee.*

So... who sent you kids to look after Krys?

*Raises an eyebrow.*

*Kuntel's legs are politely but firmly put back on the ground*

Lamont: Admiral Quinn. Said this guy called the Grand Vizier was paying big to have the Captain protected. Something about being her friend and not having enough time to do it personally because of a Kazon-hunting mission?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (all that ultimately goes to show is that voyager was crippled beyond repair by bad storywriting, no matter who was doing it...but at least said terrible writers managed to score once in a while, because not all of the episodes were bad

it seems like any that DIDN'T involve extreme treknobabble (Threshold) or moral dilemmas (Caretaker, Time and Again, Scorpion, Equinox etc...) were the ones that came out good

maybe you should rewrite all of voyager's episodes how you think they should have been written in the first place, and how janeway should've acted for each situation - that would probably be the best set of fanfiction to ever hit these forums besides all the masterverse stuff)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    *Yawns.*

You don't need to protect her man, she can handle herself pretty well, and if not, she has me. That, and Worffan's just finding an excuse to blow some money on something.

*Raises an eyebrow.*

Do you really think she needs any more protection than a retired assassin still in his prime, a lycan with the powers of a god, a Sovreign-class ship with all the latest tech, a badass Andorian, a badass merc medic, and not to mention her own bad TRIBBLE self?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (all that ultimately goes to show is that voyager was crippled beyond repair by bad storywriting, no matter who was doing it...but at least said terrible writers managed to score once in a while, because not all of the episodes were bad

it seems like any that DIDN'T involve extreme treknobabble (Threshold) or moral dilemmas (Caretaker, Time and Again, Scorpion, Equinox etc...) were the ones that came out good

maybe you should rewrite all of voyager's episodes how you think they should have been written in the first place, and how janeway should've acted for each situation - that would probably be the best set of fanfiction to ever hit these forums besides all the masterverse stuff)
    (Dude, I don't have the time for that...

Maybe if everybody on this RP got together with Starswordc we could do it, but...

Lot of time commitment.)
    *Yawns.*

You don't need to protect her man, she can handle herself pretty well, and if not, she has me. That, and Worffan's just finding an excuse to blow some money on something.

*Raises an eyebrow.*

Do you really think she needs any more protection than a retired assassin still in his prime, a lycan with the powers of a god, a Sovreign-class ship with all the latest tech, a badass Andorian, a badass merc medic, and not to mention her own bad TRIBBLE self?

*Rachel shrugs*

Sounds like she needs me if any of those go wrong. I've heard what happened the last time the lycan lost it.

And I did hear a "nepotism quota" mentioned; any idea what that is?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Stupidity?

*Shrugs.*
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ((OOC; I read your stories, Worffan. Just don't agree with your assumption on Janeway.))

(Rose looks at the trio.)

Yes, freedom of speech means you have the right to say it, but such language is unbecoming an officer, and if memory serves me correctly, there is a UCMJ in Starfleet, so you might want to keep that tongue underwraps.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (Dude, I don't have the time for that...

Maybe if everybody on this RP got together with Starswordc we could do it, but...

Lot of time commitment.)
    (well, it only takes a week per episode max to write out the next one, because that's how long any show takes to put out the next one

personally, we're talking about a 45 minute thing here - the stuff you write is probably far bigger and takes place over a much wider period of time

i bet you could do one a day given minimal distractions - which unfortunately isn't likely when one is attending college

still, if you did decide to tackle such a project, getting others involved is a good idea, if only because you need other people with different viewpoints to bounce ideas off - plus, many hands make light work)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    icerose20 wrote: »
    ((OOC; I read your stories, Worffan. Just don't agree with your assumption on Janeway.))

(Rose looks at the trio.)

Yes, freedom of speech means you have the right to say it, but such language is unbecoming an officer, and if memory serves me correctly, there is a UCMJ in Starfleet, so you might want to keep that tongue underwraps.
    *Rachel shrugs*

My last CO said that he didn't care about my language as long as I was on point. Worked well enough. He was more concerned about our CSO, this crazy lizard woman.
    (well, it only takes a week per episode max to write out the next one, because that's how long any show takes to put out the next one

personally, we're talking about a 45 minute thing here - the stuff you write is probably far bigger and takes place over a much wider period of time

i bet you could do one a day given minimal distractions - which unfortunately isn't likely when one is attending college

still, if you did decide to tackle such a project, getting others involved is a good idea, if only because you need other people with different viewpoints to bounce ideas off - plus, many hands make light work)

(Yeah, if I had more time...or starsword to work with...

I figure we would recast Janeway as Dame Judi Dench and go from there. Axe "Threshold" entirely, rework "Scorpion" and most of the last three seasons...f*ck "Endgame", that episode was just plain stupid...

It'd take a while but we COULD hypothetically do it.)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    *Rachel shrugs*

My last CO said that he didn't care about my language as long as I was on point. Worked well enough. He was more concerned about our CSO, this crazy lizard woman.

(Yeah, if I had more time...or starsword to work with...

I figure we would recast Janeway as Dame Judi Dench and go from there. Axe "Threshold" entirely, rework "Scorpion" and most of the last three seasons...f*ck "Endgame", that episode was just plain stupid...

It'd take a while but we COULD hypothetically do it.)
    (hey, i LIKED endgame...it had 3 of the 4 things i like most in sci-fi...massive explosions, time travel and interesting technologies

besides, it HAS to be kept; that episode was the entire reason the borg have been virtually silent for the past 30 years; the sheer damage dealt to the borg's transwarp network severely damaged their ability to strike without warning anywhere in the galaxy - a lot of civilizations probably survived assimilation where they might have otherwise have been wiped out had the network not been collapsed

forcing the queen to self destruct the unicomplex was just a bonus)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    (hey, i LIKED endgame...it had 3 of the 4 things i like most in sci-fi...massive explosions, time travel and interesting technologies

besides, it HAS to be kept; that episode was the entire reason the borg have been virtually silent for the past 30 years; the sheer damage dealt to the borg's transwarp network severely damaged their ability to strike without warning anywhere in the galaxy - a lot of civilizations probably survived assimilation where they might have otherwise have been wiped out had the network not been collapsed

forcing the queen to self destruct the unicomplex was just a bonus)

(Yeah, but there was a transwarp gate right into the Sol system! How the hell does that work????? Why was it NEVER mentioned or used before????????????

It needs a major, major rewrite. At least.)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (Yeah, but there was a transwarp gate right into the Sol system! How the hell does that work????? Why was it NEVER mentioned or used before????????????

It needs a major, major rewrite. At least.)
    (it could've been formed fairly recently; the borg probably wouldn't expend the time or energy needed to form a conduit that close to a system unless it was of high strategic value, or some equally important reason...and we know the queen at least seems to have a fetish for humans

i mean, if you think about it...the borg only have 6 hubs - or had - that each have what looks to be roughly 150 or so gateways, but there are literally MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of worlds in the galaxy, a great majority of which are inhabited by sentient life

the borg have to consider carefully where to form a transwarp aperature, because they only have so many; of course, thanks to voyager, now they have none - teehee!)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    (Rose looking warily at the new group)

K, any word on our long lost lycan? Hadn't seen him since the wedding and I knew that wasn;t the tiem to try to apologize for what i said, so i'd like to do it soon.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Nope. Not heard anything.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (*yawns and starts poking everyone*)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    OOC: *Shadow gets shower shanked.*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    (*smack* pervert! a wolf can't shower in peace anymore without someone sticking him!)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    (*Commits suicide.*)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Minion Tech on Superior Force: We seem to have a problem, Grand Vizir, sir. Daniel Jackson died again while doing an exploratory mission, and we put him in the sarcophagus as per order 1396 paragraph 2, but the sarcophagus isn't working.

Communication Tech: Sir, we are getting reports from various regime installations that our sarcophagus are not working.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited October 2014
    (and you can probably thank Death for that; he's back and he's pissed)

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    icerose20 wrote: »
    Minion Tech on Superior Force: We seem to have a problem, Grand Vizir, sir. Daniel Jackson died again while doing an exploratory mission, and we put him in the sarcophagus as per order 1396 paragraph 2, but the sarcophagus isn't working.

Communication Tech: Sir, we are getting reports from various regime installations that our sarcophagus are not working.

GV: Seriously, guys? It's weekly maintenance. Wait 2 hours, maybe two and a half, try again.

(OOC: No, guys. No. This is a keystone of the Regime, don't mess with it, please)