test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,414 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *sigh* Not yet.

Ami: *comes in*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,272 Arc User
    T'Lera: We have the algorithm to infuse the transporter stream with chronicles, we just need to produce them, and prepare a transporter on Vulcan at the exact coordinates and prepare to beam her to it.

T'Panne: Getting the coordinates exact will be difficult, but I believe holograms can assist.

Rin: I suppose we should... *she gives a nod*

Clea: *she relaxes a bit and gives a soft smile* Good luck with the maintenance Auntie.

*Seventeen meanwhile is going over reports in her office near Krystal's. She's likely been informed of the newcomer, especially due to the romulan prisoner she had*

Reina: *She knocks on the door to Krystal's office before coming in* How are you both holding up? Oh, hi Ami. *she gives a little wave*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,955 Arc User
    edited September 6
    kara: this sounds a bit too complicated for me so ill let you handle it.

lythe: what is this going to achieve?

*some time later the dragons maw drops out of hyperspace above coruscant and is immediately intercepted by a nebula class star destroyer*

comms mando: theres a nebula star destroyer hailing us.

jorin: *stands near the bridge window staring at it* hmm... right. i guess i never thought of the implications of bringing a war ship to coruscant..... open channel.

*the holotransmitter emits the image of a new republic officer he looks old with a greying beard and decorated uniform.*

Attis: i am vice admiral attis captain of the RSD resolve. identify yourself and state your business.

jorin: im jorin krayt head of clan krayt. i am here to speak with a marshal ferris.

attis: why bring an entire warship with you?

jorin: its my clanship, clan krayt is nomadic we dont have a stronghold to settle down it. check in with him he'll be expecting me.

attis: *he grumbles something about mandalorians* stand by then. *the call cuts out.*

*kenzie suits up standing with her hammer and a maglocked MA5B on her back as she waits for raeshe*
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,206 Arc User
    Bri: It'll be taken care of. Don't worry, everyone settle in. *she looks to Lythe* We're trying to Resync T'Panne to the timeline basically

Seku: *she's waiting in the U-Wing with Rin* the big armored one and the Chiss said they'd be joining us, Right?

Freeman: *on the bridge of the Maw* This'll be rich. You coulda let me talk. I was an officer in the rebellion

Erin: I hope you're at least making sure he doesn't Die, has he at least been taken off my ship? *she looks to Ami as she enters, looking a bit confused, like trying to place a face one knows they've seen before* Hello?... *she looks to Reina as she then enters too, brightening up* Just couldn't stand to not have us around for a bit, huh? *she chuckles* I am fine, just going over some things with Krystal, not the thing you're probably thinking about, but you're here now so you could voice any opinions you wanted. *she looks back to Ami* I.... know you from somewhere, i swear it. which is incredibly odd given my situation. *she is dressed in her full command monster maroon uniform. a little beyond Ami's time but she can tell it definitely isn't modern*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,414 Community Moderator
    Ami: More temporal shenanigans?
    Krystal: In a way.
    Ami: Ami Mizuno, Captain, USS Takao.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 8
    T'Lera: Essentially, with the chronitons saturating her in each time period, it should allow her consciousness to resync so she'll be inhabiting one body at one point in time, instead of three at once.

T'Panne: The theory behind it is sound, and we lose little if it fails, though I trust my Mother's calculations.

*Reashe finishes adjusting her beskar and blasters and her supplies and gets by Kenzie's side*

Reashe: They're probably waiting on us already.

Rin: I'm sure they'll be here, just give them a bit.

Rax: *he's on the bridge, looking out to the image of coruscant through the windows* Hasn't changed that much in millenia... maybe a bit darker than I remember.

Reina: That... and also as someone who works sickbay, when there is not many sick there is a lot of free time and Joule is babysitting the kids for now.
    lythe: *looks at t'panne more closely reaching into her mind.* hmm, i suppose it would be like suturing a wound.

jorin: i doubt it changes much with time, its always been the heart of the galaxy a great planet spanning city. *she looks out pondering something* come to think of it i dont think jaessa has seen coruscant since the old sith empire sacked it some five thousand years ago.

kenzie: *does a final check of her gear, wrapping a belt and kama around her waist. she places spare mags in the extra pouches and holsters two M6d pistols on the kama finally she puts a shoulder drape on with an attached hood and picks up her helmet* right lets go then. *she shoulders her hammer and starts making her way there.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Bri: The wounds will be taken care of. I'm a temporal agent so I can tell you stuff like this is fixed all the time. T'Lera's math is much more than sound, it's standard. It's just a bit trickier than usual. But we've got it.

Seku: Well I'm not exactly planning on going without them.... Is it gonna be awkward without bedrooms? This is a U-wing. We'll have to take pitstops for any side activities...

Freeman: Well I'll be on standby just in case they call again. I can handle the New Republic. For all intents and purposes they should recognize me as a Major. There should be some respect there.

Erin: Captain Erin Marceline Cunningham, U S.S. John Paul Jones, Shangri-La class. Nice to meet you once more, Captain Mizuno... Though you are very likely a different Ami from the one I knew. Your uniform suggests you're out of place as well. Though likely not as much as I am.

*She looks to Reina* Any idea when it'll formally be announced or is announcing it so soon too big of a rush? Suppose it can be talked about later to avoid making things awkward with Captain Mizuno.... Please sit, we can all have a plesent conversation. If you have services crew around, some tea would be nice with conversation don't you all think?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Ami: Time displaced, and probably alternate reality based on the details on the uniform.
    Never a dull moment huh Admiral?
    Krystal: Nope.
    Ami: *passes a PADD over* Latest report. Takao had to intercept another Hur'q raid.
    Krystal: Figures... We really need to get ahead of this before we get overwhelmed by sheer numbers.
    T'Panne: It is odd that one might find themselves feeling... less patient considering their affliction is the separation of time itself, but I will admit, it is almost logical to "look forward" to being cured. *She raises an eyebrow to Lythe, wondering about her. She can deduce she is not likely a vulcan, her demeanor is different but oddly similar in some ways.*

Rax: That was three thousand years ago I believe, atleast from what Darth Oculus has gathered from the records. Though, to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was another sacking I wasn't aware of. When did you last visit Coruscant? *He looks to Jorin*

Reashe: Of course, love. *She gives a nod and follows at her side*

Rin: What, you afraid of them seeing us? *She says with a joking tease but nodding* Yes, and if we keep at our current pace we'd have to stop by every planet on the way. Depending on where we are going, we may not have to wait that long, but I doubt that they would be against a pitstop or two, if needed.

Reina: I doubt things will quiet down with the Hur'q yet unless something changes, they're relentless.
    edited September 12
    Lythe: *looks over at t’panne* something pique your interest? *it’s easy to see she’s at least not Vulcan with her unnatural height as well as the elegance of her movements, the grace she walks with. Her very presence demands the rooms attention it’s as if the eye is naturally drawn to her*

Kara: *just silently follows along*

Jorin: it was something to do with the sith re-emerging after everyone thought they were gone or something. *she looks at freeman* that could prove useful.

Comms mando: hail coming in.

Jorin: oh, patch it thru.

Attis: *appears again on the holotransmitter* alright ma’am marshal Farris has confirmed everything but we will be keeping an eye on you and that ship, there is an orbital space dock near by. Just keep your head down and doubt cause any trouble, good day *the comm ends*

Jorin: huh that went better then I thought.

Kenzie: *arrives with raeshe in front of the U-wing.* you sure were all ganna fit in that? Why don’t we ask to use the crusader instead?….

*val paces around nexas ship lost in thought*
    Krystal: Not only that... you look at what they're attacking and... it makes NO logical sense! Some of these targets have absolutely NO tactical value whatsoever! Its... its random chaos!
    Bri: *she sits in the Captain's chair as they max warp to Vulcan. Which shouldn't be much longer with slipstream, looking over to Kara* You alright?

Seku: Given how modified freeman made this, we should be good. Plus we don't know what situation Eli will be in. So he could also have a ship for all we know. *She looks to Rin* I mean I wouldn't mind a stop at every planet. Any idea where to start looking for him though?

Freeman: Another chance for me to try to connect with people and they hang up so fast. Oh well... Anyways, it would be useful if I was allowed to speak.

Erin: Did you just refer to the Hur'Q? As in Klingon mythological stories? *She sighs slightly but doesn't seem too torn up about her many questions being ignored by all. She's excited for what she's talking about but now isn't the time it would seem.*
    edited September 12
    T'Panne: You're unusually tall, attractive, and somewhat similar to a Vulcan... but you are not one. Where are you from? *There's a hint of curiosity in her tone, belied by her otherwise methodical logical voice.*

T'Lera: *she looks thoughtful for a moment, lost in her head as the ship begins to move*

Rin: It might be fun to. As for the ship, I don't mind either way.

*she pauses* It might be a good idea to speak with the Jedi, they likely have some record of where he's been, or someone has heard of where he was going which would be a start.

Reashe: Its as good an option as any.

Rax: Are we going down to the planet as well, or waiting in orbit.

Reina: *She smiles to Erin trying to reassure her* I think it'd be better to save it for an official announcement. As for the Hur'q, yes they are the selfsame beings from klingon mythology. They're an insectoid race that has recently appeared again after seeming to have been in hibernation since the days of klingon lore. They blindly attack what they come across, and have been causing a massive issue for the Dominion, a large nation in the gamma quadrant.

*Nova is still going through her lessons to learn more about the universe, she has asked Val questions now and then, but does most of her learning on her own as she knows Val isn't too familiar either.*

*Janri has been practicing her vampirism abilities thoroughly in private, still feeling distant from before and wanting to do what she feels like she can*

Nexa: *she approaches Val, raising an eyebrow* What are you up to, love?
    Post edited by westx211 on
    edited September 12
    (Double posted)
    Post edited by westx211 on
    Ami: I do have to agree that there seems to be no strategy involved in their attacks. Its almost like a mindless swarm just... lashing out wherever. And even... eating things. I've been trying to find SOME kind of common element. So far... the only thing that comes up... is Ketracel White. Several of the attacks seemed to focus more on places that stored the drug, or made it. But they're not taking anything and holding like any other species. Its like they're locusts. Swoop in, devour, move on.

Krystal: Sorry to disappoint, but you know how it is when it hits the fan. I just... can't shake the feeling we're missing something about all this though. And with the Dominion's heavy use of Ketracel with the Jem'Hadar... that doesn't exactly narrow down ANYTHING because the shtako is everywhere.

But... I wonder... The Dominion claims to be over two thousand years old. That means they could have encountere the Hur'q in the past.
    Lythe: you are correct I am not from here in technical sense, I come from an entirely different reality, for now that is all I will reveal.

Kara: yeah I’m fine. *her ears and tail are now visible as she looks over at t’lera* are you ok over there?

Jorin: once we reach the space port anyone that wants to go planet side is free to do so, and I suppose if anyone wants to accompany me that’s fine too. I’ve no idea what this marshal wants. *she looks over at freeman* maybe you could mention it to the marshal? Might be good to build some rapport with the constabulary.

Kenzie: I just hope my size won’t be an issue or the armor.

Val: *her ear flicks toward nexa* pacing I guess and processing… stuff with janri and something else….
    edited September 13
    (Double post)
    Bri: *she nods and looks to the viewscreen, then checking a PADD*

Seku: Size won't be an issue. bigger than you have been in these things during the war. *she looks to Rin* well it may uhhh... be more complicated than that since there is no "official" official order right now. Best we can do is try to Hunt down Skywalker... or any of the other survivors that are just doing their own thing... Didn't we hear at some point some people were settling Ossus?

Freeman: We have many avenues right now. So yeah I'll come with and help you manage to tred down them all

Erin: So the great Hur'Q are just... gods, what was the name of that silly old space game... They're like Zurg?.. if they weren't a swarm, Xindi-Insectoid would be more apt I'd imagine.... *she hmms to herself, looking to krystal* If that is the case that they are that old. would my people back home meet them? both the hur'q and dominion that is.... Where does this Ketracel White come from? if that is the connection, and its from everywhere... where is its origin?
    Krystal: Ketracel White is a narcotic. However the Dominion use it as a means of control over the Jem'Hadar because it provides an enzyme they can't produce naturally. We believe this defect was purposefully added to the Jem'Hadar to ensure loyalty no matter what.
    The Jem'Hadar are a genetically engineered soldier species. No females, and totally dependent on the Dominion. Not that they care about that because they're all pretty much programmed to be loyal, and even willing to die for their "gods" the Founders. But that doesn't make them dumb in any way. They're smart, and highly tactical.
    They're not afraid to die because... well... Victory is Life.

It may be possible to engineer a way to remove the Ketracel dependancy, but unless something major changes in the Dominion its not likely.
    T'Panne: I'll respect your privacy. *She gives a nod of agreement, focusing on other things rather than speculating on things she lacks the knowledge to analyze.*

T'Lera: Anxious, just a bit. *She relaxes a little when Kara speaks to her* I'm sure it will be fine, its just we're so close now.

Rax: I am fine with joining you. Should we bring anyone else? *He is curious about the Marshal, but there's little they can find out before getting to see more*

Rin: Yes, there was an enclave that formed in the ruins of Ossus, I don't know too much but I heard they found shelter there during the Empire's reign. The issue is what made it so safe, without a proper set of coordinates its dangerous to reach but with the force we might be able to get a path.

Reashe: Hey, it will probably be fine, I mean the ship can fit wookies and other big species. *She smiles to Kenzie*

Nexa: What's going on with my Mom? And what else is eating at you? *She starts to rub Val's back, looking to her with a soft smile*

Reina: Maybe they would meet them, this Hur'q reappearance was naturally but maybe the circumstances for their appearance won't happen there. As for the Jem'hadar, I think they're a species the Founders uplifted right? Or well sort of like the Vorta in that they engineered them from an existing species. I've learned a bit about their biology in case I need to operate on one.
    Ami: *shakes her head* If they were uplifted, there would be females or some kind of ability to reproduce on their own. There is none of that. They are an artificially created species.
    edited September 14
    Lythe: perhaps in the future I may disclose more but for now that is all.

Kara: I may not be much help but I’m sure it’ll turn out fine. I’m more curious as to what caused her state of being….

Jorin: very well. *she thinks for a moment* at some point I should get my own smaller ship…. *she says making her way to the hanger as the maw docks at the spaceport*

Kenzie: never heard of a Wookiee before but I’ll take your word for it. I guess I’m just along for the adventure.

Val: I’m just trying to figure out how to be a better teacher, on top of dealing with cass…*she seems apprehensive about something, but continues on about cass instead* she like my own personal demon, I know if she senses even the smallest amount of weakness she’ll use it to kill me…. What ever you do don’t trust her when she’s in control please for both of our sakes.
    Bri: *she shrugs*

*Soon enough the Tepes arrives at Vulcan, coming into orbit and trying to fly casually*

Bri: Well. We're here. everyone ready?

Seku: Didn't we meet a Mandalorian Wookiee at Nar Shadaa like a decade or two ago?... Gremblo's Casino for the merc games. *with the others inside she starts to take the U-Wing off. flying out of the hanger.* We'll probably need to broadcast to traffic control, a moment. *she taps the console* New Republic Traffic control, This is Jedi Knight Seku'dia Fenn piloting the U-Wing, Designation... "Freebird?" *she says, sighing as she remembered what Freeman named his U-wing, though not getting the reference, just hating the stupid pun name* departing the Mandalorian Venetor, and setting course for Ossus. *she turns off transmission as she waits for a response and looks to Rin*

Freeman: *he follows Jorin* we have a few old Republic shuttles here if you want one. or we can find whatever you want before we leave

Erin: This Dominion is.... most frightening.... though you mentioning the ketracel and the Jem'hadar thing to me... Do perhaps the Hur'q also lack an enzyme that it would give?... and i would also like to add, they can still be uplifted and have had the ability to reproduce taken away from them. If these founders are playing god, cruel ones at that, eliminating their perfect Soldier's natural reproductive means in favor of cloning them would be effective to keep them under control. What is a soldier that is gonna show mercy if they think of their family back home and see a common point of view with an enemy in front of them. it helps cut any bonds that could show any weakness.. Thinking like that is.... truly disgusting to me, I will admit. but if i were to think like a monster playing god.... it fits too well.
    Krystal: I don't know. Maybe? We just don't know anything about where the Jem'Hadar come from.
    *thinks*
    There was one Hur'q that pretty much got dunked in Ketracel, and... was no longer hostile. Currently on DS9.
    T'Panne: That is a fair decision. *She nods* As for the cause, it was an anti-time singularity, Picard also encountered it though his condition while similar to mine was resolved when he destroyed the singularity itself.

T'Lera: Ready. *T'Panne nods to Bri as well*

Rax: It might be a good idea. *He follows alongside Jorin*

Rin: I don't believe I was there for that, it doesn't sound familiar but I think you mentioned something about the merc games before. *she finds a good spot and gets ready to meditate, planning to find a good path through the dangers near Ossus*

Reina: Its as Erin said, I think that is pretty likely. I wonder how progress is going in the Gamma quadrant... if they've made any progress at all in the war against the Hur'q.

Nexa: It feels like something is still bothering you... and you did an alright job as a teacher right? *She tries to reassure her, rubbing her back* As for Cass... I promise I won't let her trick me, though she hasn't attempted any yet.

Kara: *nods*

Lythe: ready.

Jorin: a shuttle works for now. *she says loading up and taking off heading down to coruscant.* I’m not sure what to expect down there, never been to coruscant.

Kenzie: *jumps in and finds a spot to sit*

Val: I’m a terrible teacher, I do t know if she’s picking up anything or just learnt it herself…. As for cass it’s only a matter of time.
    Bri: Sn'ket, you have the bridge *she says, getting up and heading towards the turbo lift* I'm having some engineers come with us to set up a mobile transporter. They'll meet us down there and then T'Lera can do the final calculations.

Seku: coulda sworn you were with us when we did the Merc games. It was after we saved Eli. Anyways ready to jump when you're ready with a path, Rin.

Freeman: you'll find a way to enjoy it. Trust me. *He puts his helmet on and follows Jorin*

Erin: Hopefully some progress can be made soon enough.

(I definitely will run the next mission after I return from boot camp and such.)

Erin: *she sighs* dragged out of one war and thrown into another. I'm ready to serve when they'll let me and my crew.... Perhaps we should change the subject a bit. Captain Mizuno, tell me how you ended up here.
    Ami: We certainly live in "interesting times".
    I was at Caleb IV. The Iona held off the Klingons to allow the Yorktown and the rest of the task force to escape the ambush. Technically... I'm dead. Had some help from a guy named Daniels though. After a while I took command of the Takao, which was recovered from Yard 39 and underwent a refit.
    T'Lera: Lets get going. *she follows alongside T'Panne as they enter the turbolift*

Rin: Hmmm... *she quiets herself and takes a moment to breathe as she let's the force flow through her. It takes a few minutes, but soon enough she speaks again* Input these coordinates, and chart a flight path with these directions. *she gives a bit independent description of various twists and turns that need to be made in the nebula surrounding ossus*

Rax: I don't know if much has changed politically, but it's like a nicer nar shadaa. *he puts his helmet on and follows*

Reina: There's more than a few "out of time" people around here. *she chuckles*

Nexa: Maybe we'll find a way to solve things with you and Cass... one way or another. *she says with a sigh worried it will result in a violent end for Cass, or somehow be bad* For the teachings... I wasn't there for the lesson, but Mom didn't seem that bothered by it. I think she likes learning from you.