test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,899 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    (It’s more near the unknown regions like where the chiss ascendency is in the southern part of that.)

Kenzie: wait me becoming a vampire?!…. I’m not sure…. I guess we could ask her about it some time.

Lythe: very well then. *she gets up holding her glaive charging at the constructs, she swings her glaive curving around one of them and cutting it down as she seems to dance around another two cleaving them both down with agile grace. As the two fall she glows a deep purple and holds out her hand causing two of the constructs to go berserk attacking the other constructs and iconian forces in sight. *

Tess: there are the typical forms of entertainment like Holo movies and the like. I personally liked fighting in the gladiatorial tournaments held each year.
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *pacing on the bridge*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    Reashe: I think we could make it work. Of course, we're a long way from being able to ask her. *She shrugs but gives a smile*

Janri: You might have to improvise your own explosion if that's what you're hoping for. *She spins and throws her hammer at a construct that managed to avoid the electric attack, destroying it and pulling her hammer back to herself*

Kinkoshi: So, your people seem like "arachnids" as humans call them, how far does that go? *She nibbles on a snack she has, her eye with cybernetics around it watching Tess closely*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited October 2021
    kenzie: yeah.... im just nervous i guess.... you know if you dont want to i could just be the one to... uuh you know...

lythe: *her glowing intensifies as the constructs bash 2 berserk constructs destroy anything they see around them letting out mechanical roars of anger and pain.*

tess: well... for one we dont have a reason to use words, if i were to communicate with you like i would with one of my species it would be.... strange i suppose. for example. *she starts making various clicks and noises with her throat, the clicking seems like some sort of code that would signify some sort of verbal language, as she clicks kinkoshi feels a neutral sensation as she seems to be greeting the klingon in her native language.* my people communicate thru the clicking as some would call it but we convey the emotion behind it using a mix of telepathy and pheromones. as for our physiology sure i look sort of human like but our organs are different. like other arachnids i have an exoskeleton but its reinforced with cartilage instead of bone and covered with skin like fless and skin. i have a nervous system and digestive respiratory, reproductive systems and such but our reproduction is a lot different. we dont "give birth" like humans if i were to take a mate i would lay eggs instead thats how my species procreate, but i digress. and before you ask no the.... how should i put this.... chest perhaps? they produce the venom used to placate my prey. as for other side notes, my blood is highly acidic, i have a retractable thorax capable of producing a sticky rope like substance that ive heard others call "webs" and my fangs can be used to inject toxic venom into my prey that causes paralysis, neural degradation and finally death with in an hour depending on dosage. oh and of course there are the extra pare of eyes and arms.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Reashe: Kenzie, I love you. I want you to know... I do want... it. I really enjoyed it, I think you've noticed I've been... training on occasion, and I do it because I enjoyed it.

Kinkoshi: I can understand part of your chittering, the borg have encountered insectoid species before, I retain some of the knowledge of things from my time in the collective but I usually don't think on it too much. So, how does your thorax retract? Is it big? *She thinks about the venom for a moment* What do you usually feed on considering your talk of Prey?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (Do their limbs also work on a blood pressure-based system the way terran spiders do? Because spiders here don't have any sort of musculature in their legs - they're manipulated entirely by blood pressure, which is why when a spider dies, its legs all curl up - their legs are basically 8 walking boners)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    ((They have musculature it’s just supported with cartilage like bones instead of full bones. Their exoskeleton is what holds everything in place it’s a lot tougher.))

Kenzie: well I do enjoy it too.

Tess: it’s not too large. I only have it out to make webs with it. As for the venom it’s an evolutionary trait left over from when we were still primitive. Since we evolved from a hunter species I’m sure you can guess the rest.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    Leck: We've almost cleared a path, how are you holding up? *further down the hall there is a Harbinger with their back to them. out of nowhere an alarm starts to sound, the Harbinger disappearing into a gate* Leck, and they're running away... Guess that clears it... Follow me a second. *he grins widely and runs past where the trophy room is and down a hall to the left.* Since nothing on this ship seems to want to explode, lets give it some help. *he sets a disruptor to overload and throws it at the console, casually walking away from it*

Nick: oh..... *he look at marrok* oh that is not ideal... that is exactly what i was afraid of. *alarms start to blare as he takes aim and fires on surviving constructs, helping mow the rest down.*

*From behind Nick, a gate opens and a Defiler appears, smashing Nick in the head with the large mace and sending him flying into a wall with a sickening crack, his head heavily injured and slumping lifelessly forward*

Nog: Captain O'Connor!

Quark: *Ferengi scream*

*The Harbinger from before comes out of a gate in the path of where they need to go with constructs and thralls, the other side of the hallway is covered by more thralls and constructs, it points it staff forward and opens a solar gateway near the group, the solar beam fires in marrok's direction. Thrall fire at lythe, nog and Quark*

Adam: Captain Jade? are you okay? You keep pacing, i asked you before but i guess you di-

Sn'ket: Captain, I've been monitoring the Iconian ship. It seems after some sort of directed internal damage, they've become aware of the group's presence.

Donovan: *sighs boredly at the bar, staring down into his drink, whispering to himself* maybe she'll come... I hope she hasn't relapsed already....
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Marrok: Ack! *he yells as he dives out of the way of the solar beam and grabs a devourer grenade from his grenade belt, activating it with a click and letting it cook a few seconds as he runs around trying to avoid being fried, finally chucking it directly at the solar portal where it explodes in a brief but very intense flash, the beam suddenly cutting off as the gateway collapses from the violent release of energy*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    lythe: *she looks over at nick.* not even kaine can pull us out of this mess...... *she says between getting peppered with shots from the thralls. she slides over to nicks position while holding up her hand and forming a psionic barrier that covers the two of them.* this is exactly as i foresaw..... i just wish it i knew more specifics..... *she looks at him as a sudden rage over takes her. She begins to levitate with swaths of spectral purple energy eminating off of her body and eyes which now flow a bright blue.* burn in warp fire! *her voice is amplified as the barrier in front of her shatters. All around the herald forces erupt large explosions of a strange purple and pink colored fire with unnatural properties*
    Janri: As long as Lythe is okay I'll be fine. *she turns around with her hammer on her should as Leck sets up the explosive, walking away alongside him*

Reashe: Its settled then? We talk with Mira when we get the chance?

Kinkoshi: Interesting. *she scratches her chin* Do you have any questions about my species? I've mentioned the borg but not talked as much about being a Klingon.
    Krystal: Thanks for the heads up.
    *sighs*
    I'm just... I'm not used to staying behind on the ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *as leck and Janri walk away, leck throws on some sunglasses as the overloaded disruptor explodes behind them, setting off a larger explosion, the entire ship shaking*

Harbinger of T'Ket: *enters a gate and disappears, shortly appearing behing Marrok, swinging its staff at him as another gateway opens behind him, firing on marrok once more*

*with Lythe's attack, groups of thrall and constructs are brought down, the constructs shattering. the defiler notices and strides forward, swinging its energy mace at lythe and narrowly missing.*

Nog: *fires at what forces he can, his personal shields taking a few hits and holding*

Quark: *fires with his ferengi disruptor, his shields holding too* Didn't i tell you to shoot me if i tried anything like this again?

Nog: I thought you wouldn't want to be shot... i can shoot you after we get out of this if you want.

Quark: If we get out of this....

Nick: *still lifeless*

Adam: I'm sure theres a good reason, captain.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Krystal: Still... I'm not the type of person to just order people around. I don't just command. I lead.

I've always had a more hand's on approach to command.
    kenzie: yeah... but im not sure how it will go.....

lythe: *raises her hand as the defiler breaks apart from the inside out ending in an explosive detonation. with a telekinetic blast she sends the defiler flying into the herald of t'ket right as it bursts apart with a violent eruption of warp fire.*

tess: so you'er what ever a borg is and a klingon... at the same time? *she looks confused.*
    Reashe: She might find it a little strange, but I think she might be open to it. *she bounces up and down a bit*

Janri: So, now that we've caused a ruckus what do we need to do next?

Kinkoshi: Kind of yes. But Borg isn't really a species... you're transformed into one against your will. When people are freed from the collective, sometimes they keep implants from the time. Some people have it so bad there's barely any of them left to turn back.

I was born Klingon. Assimilated and became borg, until I was freed from the collective. Anyone can become borg, all that is required is organic body.
    Marrok: TRIBBLE's sake! *he yells before priming and chucking another Devourer grenade at the new Solar Gateway while frantically running around the hallway trying to both dodge the fiery beam of death AND the Herald shooting at him, even taking a hasty shot at the Harbinger trying to take its head off...but he misses and the round only obliterates its right shoulder, the severed and mutilated arm holding the staff clattering to the ground - and as before the round continues on its merry way through the ship, clipping a construct wandering through another hallway in a small squad and blowing it apart in the process, until it reaches the armored outer edge and disintegrates*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Leck: Find something else to blow up?

Nick: *suddenly his head jolts up, gasping for air as he looks around in a panic* Wha?... *he slowly starts to stand* We need to keep pushing through! Forward! *he grabs his rifle and starts firing at thrall and constructs blocking their path, with the combined efforts of the group starting to make some progress, moving forward as he lays down phaser fire*

*constucts fight back, a few fuse and charge lythe and marrok, one jumping on marrok's back, another lunging at lythe from the front*

Adam: I think things are diffrent when you're the captain of a ship. that works better for leading a small squad, not hundreds of people
    Krystal: Again... I'm not one to sit back and wait. Always been more hands on since I first took command of the Cerberus at Vega Colony.
    *Marrok snarls and grabs the construct, leaning forward as he hurls it with all his strength, using the momentum to toss the mechanical footsoldier halfway down the corridor*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Kenzie: oh well….*she looks down at raeshe with a warm smile.* I lost my train of thought…. You look so cute… *she heavily blushes as she gently moves her on the ground getting on top of raeshe passionately kissing her*

Lythe: *with a loud yell she cleaves the constructs in half with her glaive and pushed forward*

Tess: that’s a scary thought…. *she clicks worriedly* are you still apart of them?
    Reashe: Well I do try my best. *She looks up at Kenzie with a loving gaze, relaxing a bit as they kiss*

Janri: Might as well. Maybe we could find a hangar or something like that, would be a lot of explosions to make.

Kinkoshi: Not anymore. *She shakes her head* Trust me, if you ever meet one still part of the collective it will be obvious. They talk with no emotion, no feeling, exactly like a machine.
    (Plus they'll also be constantly trying to stick their things inside you.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Kenzie: *presses something on her wrist* i never thought I would have anything like this…. You mean the world to me. *she gazes into raeshes eyes. Happily purring*

Tess: *a worried expression washes over her as she clicks anxiously* so they can just make anyone they want into one of them…. I barely know about the horrors of where I come from but this is unlike anything I’ve heard. The borg sound like a literal nightmare…
    Reashe: *She rubs Kenzie's back, holding onto her* And you are just as important to me, whatever may come I'll be happy to be by your side.

Kinkoshi: They certainly are. They used to be worse, but fortunately they don't innovate, they only improve by assimilating. They're much less of a threat than they were in the past, and we are much better at freeing people from the Collective. *she tries to sound reassuring*
    Leck: You're a natural at this! Though maybe we should reach the extraction point and get ready to defend it just in case.

Nick: *let's out a warcry as he shatters a construct with a good bashing using the stock of his rifle* move, move, move! *He fires his rifle, laying phaserbolt fire into constructs behind them, enough thrall and constructs have been cut down to make a path towards the trophy room. With the two Ferengi following him, they reach the doors* were gonna need the line held here! *He groans* so much for stealth!

*The others can easily follow with not as many constructs before them*

Adam: Captain.... Permission to speak freely?
    Marrok: Stealth was never going to be an option with an enemy that can literally appear anywhere, at any time. *he says as he sets down several mini-turret bases and programs the onboard nano-printers to create mostly anti-infantry Lacerator turrets with a few anti-armor Shredder turrets covering them*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: I mean we seemed to be able to take them out quick enough before they could raise an alarm, but that all f***ing changed when someone fired a methed up railgun and shredded through the ship! Really hard for internal sensors to locate where the damage originated, huh? *He reaches to the pattern buffer on his belt and uses it to grab some sort of breaching charge which he starts applying to the opening mechanism on the door* charges set for 10 seconds, clear!

*He gets to the side of the door as the charge detonates, leaving a hole in the door to the other side, the door opening to the trophy room.... And 2 thralls with weapons at the ready. Blasting at the door group.*

Nick: *quickdraws and fans the hammer of his revolver at one of them, firing much more than the 6 shots a regular revolver should have* next time, I'd recommend using something that won't carve up a ship from the inside... Who's tech is that anyways?

Nog: *fires on the same thrall as Nick. The combined firepower more than enough to take it down*
    edited October 2021
    (You do realize that's the same kind of tech that the IoM and Starcraft Terrans both use, right? They don't seem to have issues shooting inside ships.)

Marrok: What do you mean 'whose tech is it'? It's Lunarian tech - haven't you seen these rifles before? (and if Nick was there for the ground portion of the dominion research station, he has, because the Lunarian who went along there was using one)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: Go ahead.