test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,963 Arc User
    Jorin: don’t worry about it. Let’s head back. We can continue your training more when we are out of this mess.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    Other Universe Nick: too much information... choose your guns i guess. *taps his wrist, spawning a black metaled Winchester lever action with cherry wood furniture to match the cherry wood of his mostly black revolver's grip* something era appropriate. We don't need a minigun to hunt someone with at best a Mauser pistol or a bolt action rifle.... or at the very worst for large gangs, a primitive machine gun or a cannon. This is 1899 or so.

Freeman: Right *puts on his helmet* ready to follow you
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    *he already has an exact replica of an 1836 colt paterson pietta paterson super deluxe, slightly modified to make it far less of a pain in the TRIBBLE to reload*

(and for the record, that is the model used to represent THE colt - the demon-killer from supernatural)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    Ezri: *shrug*
    Adult Ezri: Yea. I know.
    Jadzia: Its... complicated. Right now we're only guessing based on what little information you're providing. Without comparing quantum signatures... *shakes her head*
    Suffice to say... your coming here is probably quite complicated. In the meantime... as humans would say... I could buy you a drink.
    *looks over at Seventeen*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Seventeen: Honestly, pretty sure this should be reported to temporal investigations first. You can contact Krys if you want to, but I'm probably going to get chewed out if I don't contact the Republic representative about this first. *She sighs* Though it being an alternate universe probably will make the paperwork easier.

Jenny: I remember a scientist from the institute talking about the multiverse theory, that reality is actually several seperate universes adjacent to each other, potentially occupying the same place at the same moment.

Ethan: It would explain why they're in a different time period than us...

Seventeen: Listen, if you want to know more about earth, you can read about it, I'm not too knowledgable on earth history, just that there was the eugenics war, after that they met the Vulcans, a species similar to mine, and went on to found the federation. I'm fuzzy on the time periods of how long it took them to meet the vulcans, but that was shortly after they developed FTL travel. I can probably procure some history books for you. Though... should probably actually go with books and not just a padd. *She nods* Though I wouldn't say no to a glass of Romulan ale right now.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    Jadzia: April 5th, 2063. Zefram Cochrane launched the Phoenix, made the first jump to Warp, attracting the attention of a passing Vulcan science ship. First Contact was established shortly after.
    Even now I have some good memories of First Contact Day celebrations on Earth. Building a model rocket, listening to that classical music... Had my first shot of Whiskey one year.
    *closes her eyes and shakes her head*
    Anyways...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    ???: okay, so definitely multiverse then.... the only reason i was able to find this place was because of a distress call I had picked up. *he takes out a 2260's era communicator, flipping it open and hitting a button, a firmiliar voice playing*

Nick Recording: This is Captain Nick O'Connor of The United Federation of Planets' Starfleet. sending out a Priority one distress signal. If you are having difficulty finding us we are outside of Boston, Massachusetts, in the small newly built settlement of Sanctuary. We are awaiting rescue whenever possible from whoever possible, be it Vulcan, Andorian, Klingon or whoever else.

???: this wasn't able to be picked up on normal radios or even the strongest military grade ones I had access too. Only this small thing I picked off a dead body at a crash site.. this thing *gestures to the shuttle* has English on it, so unless all aliens speak English, it had to come from somewhere. We got it up and running, so now here we are. *the helmet covers the man's face, the glass too dark to make any features out through* and since my friend isn't suffering from sort of Barotrauma, it's safe for me to breath.

Nick: so why not stay a bit.... it feels nice hearing myself referred to as uncle.

Briana: so what do you like learning?

Other Universe Nick: you gonna get a longer? A rifle? A shotgun? Something?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Seventeen: Universal translators, its capable of telling what species language you're using atleast if you're using one it has registered, I don't know if translators from back then were capable of doing unidentified languages as well as they can nowadays.

Ethan: To be fair, I'm pretty sure I'd be resistant to something like that.

Seventeen: You going to take your helmet off? *She whispers to Jadzia* How much you want to bet its an alternate version of someone we know? *Back to the mystery man* I would've figured Nick would've turned that thing off when he left, he's probably going to be fussed at by Starfleet for leaving a distress call going in a prewarp culture.
    ???: I recorded it. Signal stopped by the time I got there. and i was talking about this ship. It had U.S.S. Torres written on it. Don't think you can fake writing like that.
    jorin: *nods putting his on and jumps up ignigting his jetpack and flying in the direction of their camp site.*

jaessa: ill be done soonish i suppose... im just not sure how i feel about having this spartan on board... she seems a bit too aggressive.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Freeman: *follows* so what should I do with the sabers I claimed? Red isn't the best colour for it... isn't it?
    Oculus: I feel the same way. From what I saw of her I worry she may be a danger. Which reminds me... what did we wind up doing about our sith prisoner? the girl that I stopped Kenzie from killing her?

Seventeen: Ohhh you meant that, I assumed you meant the data inputs. Well most species have universal translators, so U.S.S. Torres could be translated to whoever sees it. Though most common governments are aware of and occassionally use english
    jaessa: shes still in the brig last i checked.

jorin: well the weapon of a force user is connected to them thru the force and those sensitive thru it may see into its past, what you do with them is up to you just be cautious.

valendria: *paces around nexas ship deep in though*
    Freeman: should i scrap them and use them for parts to build my own?

???: so what is our situation here?
    Jadzia: Not really sure honestly.
    Ezri: Some science. Don't really like math.
    Adult Ezri: Guess I'm thinking like a mother. *shrug*
    Briana: i didn't like math either... you gonna learn how to fight too? You are learning to sneak... i can teach you to fight.

Nick: just a small stay then? Would be nice to bring you to see your mother rather than just telling her I saw you... and i wanna keep hearing someone call me uncle. Its cool.

???: what do you have to drink? I haven't had a decent drink since the war. I miss Martinis.
    jorin: they would make a good base for the interior of your future saber. *as they near camp most of it seems to be deconstructed with mandos loading things onto the ship *
    Freeman: looks like we're ready to get off this rock.
    jorin: seems so, *lands near where the old command tent was looking around, mira runs over to the two.*

mira: oh there you are, wedge finally got the engine running so we're getting everything ready.
    Freeman: are the insides airtight? Don't wanna loose all the air as we sleep
    matt: feel free - my gun's long enough already *he has a giant wolfish grin on his muzzle indicating he's probably not talking about the pistol*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Ezri: When I'm older probably.
    Adult Ezri: Alright...
    You know... you warned me you'd be this stubborn. *sideways smile* Guess you spoke from experience.
    Jadzia: Well... besides what's programmed into the replicator, I'm sure we got quite a few things to choose from. I admit though I have not been as adventurous in exploring the menu.
    Other Universe Nick: oh haha... if I had a newspaper right now...

Nick: well i apparently warned you well. Shoulda left before you called me uncle and played an arcade game with me. *smiles* thank you.

Briana: I started learning when I was your age. I can teach you a bit, little sis. Right now at your age, it's about the discipline, not the actual combat.

???: well let's see what you can find me. *starts to take off the helmet, turning it to the side and it gets stuck* uhhh.... a little help?
    matt; well, there was one in that outhouse, but it was looking rather...anemic - guessing it's seen some use​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Oculus: You think we'll turn her over to the republic like Cerys?

*Eventually she bumps into Nexa, who was walking around after completing a repair herself*

Nexa: Hey Valendria. Have you been feeling any better?

*Ethan starts pulling on the helmet*

Jenny: I still feel the suit was unnecessary.

Seventeen: Could always just replicate a few different types of alcohol.
    ???: sorry I wanted to live it we got depressurized! *helmet still stuck* Gin Martini, shaken!

Other Universe Nick: Gross
    matt: hey, you're the one who brought up newspapers...so where's the nearest saloon? i wanna smash a bottle over someone's head - even if the bottle itself probably won't smash​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Jadzia: I could take a look at that helmet if you'd like.
    Briana: what do you think?

Nick: so, when do you wanna get ready to leave? And are Zach and Marok coming?

???: please do.

Other Universe Nick: in town. You gonna ride an actual horse or some kinda dire wolf?

Magnus: *on the exeter, boredly walking down the hallway on the ceiling as if he were walking on the ground*
    mira: from what it seems like the hull should hold. they were talking engineering stuff that i dont know tho.

jorin: most likely about structural integrity, it should be sound enough for us to make it back to known space but after that it will need extensive repairs. ill be inside readying everything for launch. *makes his way inside the ship.*

mira: theres still a lot of stuff needed to load onto the ship and also jaessa's lab too.

jaessa: the spartan? i dont see a need for it, shes done nothing against the republic and is from an entirely different reality. *she works quietly for a moment as some sort of chemical reaction occurs in the beaker that shes working with.* and there we go, hopefully that will be enough.

valendria: hmm? *her cat ears suddenly perk up in surprise* oh, i uuh suppose so, sorry i was lost in thought.