What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*still beating thread because nothing to do*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Kara: *walks away down the hall*

Jorin: *sends the positions of the weak points in the walls* alright pick one and go let’s move people.*he walks over to a group of guards.*

Mira: * runs over to one of the weaker points to help keep it in tact as she does a loud and chilling chorus of screams fills the air* what the hell?

Guard: the pale ones. They come!

Tess: well I was I guess but things are sorta fine now.... *she looks at the positions on her data pad as the blood chilling screams are heard.* oh that’s horrifying....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Kara?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kara: *sighs.* im not in the mood right now.... jsut go back to your daughter or something.... *the area around her is considerably warmer then the rest of the ship.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Krystal: Look... I don't know what's going on... but... if you need someone to talk to sometime... I'm willing to listen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kara: im not even sure where to start.... i guess you knew me as jakara. that 7 foot blonde haired amazonian. well this is who i actually am. valendria, jakara was more of a mask i wore to keep me tame in a way...... when i died it was due to my own misgivings.... i was not a good person at all. at the height of my power i had destroyed thousands of worlds and countless billions of lives were killed by my hand, all out of an unimaginable hatred of mortal kind i wanted nothing more then to see them all burn and even after i died my mother knew nothing would change so she put a lock on me so to speak and that lock was jakara.... imagine looking thru your own eyes and knowing its your body but you can do nothing but observe... i was a prisoner inside my own mind for years..... at least up until now since ive at least changed. i feel like the life that was built was jakaras not mine.... she has a wife and kids and a family that cares about her.... to them im just some usurper, a thief that stole my own body back....
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Kaden: what are they? whats horrifying?

Freeman: *follows mira, taking aim with his rifle*

Briana: *Sits, staring at the ground crying*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Krystal: I don't see that. I see a young woman who needs a friend. I don't know what its like where you're from, but I'm not judging you on your past or anything.

I know what its like to feel like an outsider.
    My first marriage... imagine how it feels to discover that not only are your in-laws royalty, but their people view your kind as hostile invaders. I was seen as the enemy at first because I had spots, even though I was not Joined at the time. Turns out Trill in that universe were just as much victims because of a parasite taking control of them. But still... just seeing a Trill set some off. Glad I was able to help change things for the better though.

I'm no ordinary Trill. I'm a Joined Trill Werefox with water magic and a symbiote who can actually talk to me, married to a vampire. I've fought demons, giant genocidal robo space squids, been haunted by the loss of my husband... I've basically been on a roller coaster.

I may not be as old as you in a way... but... probably been through just as much. And sometimes... you just need someone willing to listen when you need to vent.
    *takes a drink*
    If you want some time alone I'll respect that. I just wanted you to know that you can talk to me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Reina: *she looks at her cup of blood and sighs setting it down and sitting down next to Briana pulling her into a hug* It will all work out sweetheart... We had no idea what was going on...

*Reashe takes up a position and pulls out her blaster, taking aim as she keeps an eye out for the monsters, thankful the chiss have amazing nightvision*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    kara: *hugs krystal tightly.* i.. needed that, thank you.... im sorry for blowing up back there.... ever since i came back ive just had a lot of worry on my mind.... and ill take you up in that some time. when things arnt so hectic....

*moans of pain and hunger can be heard as from beyond the walls the decaying bodies of bipedal humanoids clad in a various forms of armor and appeal. most of them to everyone's surprise wear the armor of storm troopers thus granting them the name of "pale ones" but a few wear the armor of some of the human and alien soldiers of the settlement*

jorin: *taps his helmet as he gets call from biggs.*

biggs: tou're seeing this right captain?!

jorin: those are f*cking storm troopers! but how..... looks like it is our prob- *hes inturrepted by one of the troopers firering some sort of high caliber pistol that hits him in the helmet making a noticable "ting" jorin stumbles back from the impact. the rest of the horde open fire in erratic patters with a mix of fully auto rifles, three burst round battle rifles, combustion pistols and blasters* and they can use fire arms great..... everyone open fire try to thin out the ones that get too close.

mira: i was expecting zombies not this! *throws a thermal detonator into a group blowing up around 6 of them then pulls out a blaster rifle and opens fire on the horde along with the soldiers next to her.*

tess: zombies apparently, sounds like theirs fighting outside do you have any weapons on you?

*raeshe can see hordes of undead starting to fire on her position, a mix of bullets and blaster bolts fly past her. one of the bolts hits a soldier in the upper shoulder, she instantly falls down crying in pain.*

marine: take cover! we need a medic over here!
  • Options
    Krystal: *hugs back* You're welcome.
    Ami: *leads Henha back to Takao*
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Reashe: Why can they use guns? *she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment then peeking out of cover muttering under her breath* I am one with the force, the force is with me. *then begins to fire, aiming for the heads of the undead, trying to protect the wounded marine*

Henha: I don't think I've been on the Takao before. I've seen images of the interior of a crossfield, but its my first time being on one.
  • Options
    Kaden: I have a disruptor pistol! *Sets to maximum power* shall we fight together?

Freeman: *Fires with his blaster out into the zombie hordes, screaming battlecries in Mando'a and then in a more earth based language*

Briana: Who knows when she'll be back... shoulda not answered my badge...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Ami: Well... She's a good ship. May look old, but its what's inside that counts.
  • Options
    kara: i think ill be ok for now... i should apologize to bri and reina....

jorin: *pulls out a blaster pistol dual wielding with his rifle taking down a multitude of death troopers as he tanks the shots from bolts and bullets. the marines next to him taking a few pot shots here and there.*

mira: *fires a wrist rocket at a group then pulls out her pistols and fires on the horde.*

tess: jsut be careful ok? *one of the marines yells out from the wall.*

marine: they've breached the wall! *a group of five of the taller looking aliens run over with some sort of energy swords in both hands.*

élite leader: on the blood of our fathers! on the blood of our sons! drive back these demonic abominations! *all five of them let out a roar and run im cutting down the horde as they try to make it thru the wall breach with the marines supporting them with suppressive fire.*

tess: *pulls out all four of her blasters in each hand.* lets go help with that breach! *she quickly runs over with surprising speed.*

marine: they were'nt always able to do that, these things seem to adapt.... another attack like this and we're done for! *she says to raeshe, from all sides the horde seems to be endless.*
  • Options
    (Why am I having visions of Halo now? Because zombies that can use firearms sounds like The Flood to me.)

Krystal: I get the feeling Briana wants me to bite her head off for something too.
  • Options
    Reashe: They only come at night right? Maybe sunlight hurts them? *she remains focused, holding the line before getting an idea and spraying a bit of oil on the ground for the Death Troopers to walk onto then triggers a burst of flame to ignite it and the zombies*

Reina: You can trust me, I'm sure everything will be alright. Call it motherly intuition.
  • Options
    Kaden: *Runs with Tess managing to keep up, Bringing up his disruptor and vaporizing the first zombie he sees*

Freeman: *Fires a wrist rocket with Mira into the horde before continuing to lay down fire with his rifle* Did we have any operational fighters? Some Close Air support would be fantastic right now! *Tanks a few of the bullets which feel more of a nuisance to his Beskar armor*

Briana: Will it really be okay? *Sighs*

Nick: *Still on earth, looking out over the river* Breather is almost over... should get back to Gaia and... yeah... should get back over there...
  • Options
    ((well yah never know.))

kara: i think you're misunderstanding her... i bout she wants you to be mad at her.... we were in the middle of....... well you know. when her combadge chimed......

marine: they come out at night in small packs but its not usually this bad! this is an entire horde! we'd be finished if not for you and your sky friends.....

*multiple undead catch fire and screech out as they fall over unmoving.*

mira: well if its this bad over here i bet everyone else has their hands full too but who knows. *in the direction of the tracyna a large and violent bolt of purple lightning strikes down like a beacon hitting the ground with explosive force. the shock waves can be felt by everyone at the settlement.*

jorin: looks like jaessa's awake.

*from the breach one of the elites yells as his thrown into a wall by something that landed with a heavy thud.*

marine: sh*t its a spartan! fall back marines! *the 7 foot tall undead monstrosity clad in deep grey heavily damaged armor lumbers thru the breach letting out a roar thru its broken visor. most of the armor is intact but the under suit is ripped revealing necrotic flesh as it lurches towards tess, smacking her in the square in the helmet and sending her flying back a few feet.*

mira: stay here ill deal with the big guy! *she holsters her blasters and pulls out a small rod that extends into a bladed quarter staff flying into the air and using gravity to bare the staff down on the undead spartans back.*

• Options
    Krystal: Sorry about that. They really should have some kind of "do not disturb" feature. Come on. Lets get back before Briana assumes the worst or something. She seemed kinda worked up already.
    Ami: At least it was easy to retrofit the holodeck. It was still relatively new tech back in the 23rd Century. Mostly used for training. Never really used it for recreation. Back then there were things it still couldn't get right compared to modern holodecks.
  • Options
    Reina: Yes I think so. *she rubs Bri's head and kisses her forehead*

Henha: They had holodecks back then? *she looks a bit confused*

Reashe: How are we supposed to deal with that? *she takes aim at the spartan, trying to shoot the joints where the armor is weakest*

Oculus: Whats going on? *she looks around groggily*
  • Options
    Kaden: Dont you touch her! *fires multiple full powered Disruptor shots at the spartan

Freeman: *as he fires into the horde, he rests the rifle on the wall, pointing his wrist back towards the inner walls aimed at the spartan, firing off three whistling birds at the spartan, one impacting at the neck with a mini armor piercing explosion and the other two into its back*

Briana: I hate seeing her hurt... i just want to hold her close... why does this stuff happen?

Nick: at least nobody has come to bother me... and i don't have an urge for a cigar or cigarette.
  • Options
    *something crashes near Nick, followed by what sounds like someone saying "ow"*
    Ami: Yea... but not as good as the ones they have today. Mostly they were on ground bases, and Starfleet Academy. The Crossfield Class was probably the first to have even one on a ship. But power requirements and processing power was the main limiter at the time.
  • Options
    Nick: what was that? *turns around towards the crashing and the Ow*
  • Options
    kara: *starts walking back* well i was kind of a d*ck.....

*a small burst of electricity comes from the spartan as the multiple attacks took down its shields*

marine: hey we need back up over here! *from the breach undead pour in by the dozens forcing the elites to fall back along with the marines still opening fire.*

mira: ok... lets see how you like this! *she uses her jetpack to do a rocket powered upper cut launching the spartan into the air. as it lands she grabs it.* ultimate! *she says suplexing it into the ground and using the momentum to flip back onto her feet again.* atomic! *she says suplexing it into the ground again but this time as she lands on her feet she jetpacks into the air still holding on to the spartan and letting gravity pull them down at a decent height.* bustaaaaaa!!!! *she yells finally tomb stoning the spartain at terminal velocity leaving a 10 foot diameter crater on impact right in the middle of the horde pouring into the breach.*

tess: *stays lying down having the lights knocked out of her as she tries to recover.*

marine: i guess that works..... do you people always do such crazy sh*t? *she says to reashe.*
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Henha: I guess that's why I haven't heard too much about holodecks from that time. So what was it like when you first used a holodeck with "modern" upgrades? *She smiles, looking curious*

Reashe: If that didn't kill it I don't know what will. And well I'm kind of new, but I would say this is surprising even for me. *She keeps an eye out in case there are any more undead sneaking up on them*

Reina: people make mistakes. *She sighs* But we persevere. I'm sure Kara will be feeling better when you see her again.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Kaden: *rushes over to tess, taking a knee at her side while keeping his Disruptor in his bionic hand* are you okay.

Freeman: *slings his rifle and unholsters his DC-17 pistol* Gods, I love that woman! *jumps off the wall back towards the village, using his jetpack to stay airborne as he rains blaster fire and actual fire from his flamethrower on his wrist into the undead hordes pouring in the breach, floating a few feet from the heads of the zombies*

Briana: i... i know I'm sad but... also still hungry... shoulda gotten the leftovers from the restaurant... *forgetting Renia probably doesn't know they were off the ship* I... didn't even get my whisky... i wanted to be drunk with her... sounds stupid, I know... wait forgive me? What did I do?
  • Options
    Reina: Nothing, sorry poor choice of words. *She blushes* And what are you talking about? What restaurant? And hey its alright to want to get drunk with friends.
  • Options
    Ami: Shocked that they actually got it to be reliable, and usable for recreation and not just short training sessions.
    Krystal: We all have our moments. *walks with her*
    ???: Ok... where did I end up now? I swear I'm going to kick my cousin for this...
  • Options
    Nick: *draws his revolver, silently moving along the wall, peaking over to see the source of the voice*

Briana: well... uhhh... you see... stuff happened... a.. wild Q came by... and we were off the ship. Ended up... on earth, yeah, on earth.. so we got food before coming back... and thats why I missed the away mission to that station with mom.