test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,184 Arc User
    Nick: *Looks at Krystal* Having a heart to heart with Ijoula? *Gives a thumbs up to alex*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (*prods everyone with kettle spout*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (Unless the data is winthin 10 miles of a very powerful computer, liek the Exeter, its worthless, and it will take a few hours to reconfigure and synthize the nanomachines. Unless you figure out to take down the jamming, which is coming from the network)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (how about actually PARTICIPATING instead of just feeding us OOC nonsense?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *looks up* Hm? Oh... yea. Just bouncing ideas around. So far... nothing useful.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    *alex finally pulls himself out of the bag and flops on the ground* i got your damn kettle - i hope you appreciate this...​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: more than you think. *picks up the kettle and sets it up to start boiling water, looking over at Krystal* care to share any of those ideas? May inspire ideas in everyone else.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Right now its mostly what we can do to track the jamming signal, but... we're both coming up short because the problem is actually being able to detect anything.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Jessica: Hm... I have an idea. If our comms are jammed to our ships, how about we try a sort of... smoke symbol. Obviously our ships are going to be trying to monitor us, so what if we... "make some noise." Overload a few power cells but stop them before they pop, maybe get a sort of Morse code out to them, let them know to send out some subspace buoys or something to cut through the interference.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Krystal: *thinks* We'd need something with a big enough energy spike to be detected and not dismissed as background noise or anything...
  • Options
    alex: i already sent out a bouy...which apparently wasn't enough, so i'd like to know what the hell is powering this jamming equipment​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Nick: Alex can literally teleport and just.... relay messages though? he went to go grab food... I could have sworn He did something... we're overthinking this. Honestly. and the Kai said the jamming is coming from the defense system. Not Kai Kira, the other one.
  • Options
    alex: i TRIED to do something - i spent several minutes trying to get a message through to DS9...i suppose i could've tried to take the ship well beyond the jamming field's radius, but better to just knock out the system entirely - also, i was getting hungry too, which reminds me *he heads back to his cooling bag of chow mein and re-heats it with a lazy wave of his paw, then digs into it*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I would rather keep the defense system up. Keep the Hur'q out. You got in here under cloak, clearing the field to send a message, while under cloak may be better for keeping us all alive.
  • Options
    alex: i still hope i can get permission to just nuke the hell out of this moon and wipe all traces of reaper tech away...it's the only way to be sure, and with the planet obliterated, the hur'q won't have any interest in it​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: maybe we should do that, after we complete our mission. in the meantime you can still ask. but shutting down the whole system now may compromise us.
  • Options
    Krystal: Why are the Hur'q even interested in this planet anyways? There's nothing here really. No strategic value. Its a prison.
  • Options
    Nick: who knows. Maybe there is something here they want to steal. They seem like a mindless swarm moving at random. But also remember, they stole the Sword of Kahless. So there seems to be some calculation in what they do.
  • Options
    Krystal: "Though this be madness, yet there is method in it".
  • Options
    Nick: Kai Opaka, you wouldn't have happened to find any sort of artifacts or relics here?
  • Options
    *alex finishes off his ration and heads to the box of desserts, cracking it open and fishing out several different things* moon drop? *he then asks, walking over to the group and holding up a container of what look to be grapes, but with a cylindrical, almost tube-like shape to them instead of the typical oval shape*

(and yes, those are actually a real thing: https://grapery.biz/index.php/our-grapes/moon-drops )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I'll take some. *pours himself a cup of tea, still waiting for an answer from Kai Opaka*

Delgado/Eli: I'll take some too.

(I know what they are. I buy them for myself.)
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Opaka: No.

Bashir: So we are going to sit here and do what?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (Oh, so no Orb of Peace. Like there should be... mildly disappointing)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    *he sets the container down in front of nick, then grabs a pair of moon pies (come on, you HAD to know that was going to show up - the quintessential werewolf snack) and tears open the packaging on one before tearing into the confection* oh, i love these things...one of the few decent things yanks have ever made - 'original tasty marshmallow sandwich' indeed

and doctor bashir, we're going to sit here and have lunch, because even augments and beings like me need to eat - so grab a pack and dig in; i can tell you right now, they're better than starfleet rations...at least circa 2370s rations

(also, nick, can you go smack seven upside the head on steam? because now he isn't answering ANYTHING i post there - including a question i asked over 3 days ago)​​
    Post edited by legendarylycan#5411 on

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I ain't heard nothing back.)

Nick: to be fair. Yanks made better Chinese food than the Chinese. A lot of good guns and cars. Maybe I'm a bit bias because I fought for that country countless times, have my estate there and helped win its initial freedom. *pops a few moon drops in his mouth* anyways, you ever try those grapes that are cotton candy flavored?
  • Options
    alex: i have, and i still don't understand how they managed that - then again...people usually say the same about this *he fishes s small container out of the box* anyone wanna try some peanut-butter and jelly sandwich ice cream?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: oh hell yeah! Ever try Tempura fried ice cream?
  • Options
    alex: frying ice cream is sacrilege​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: its good if its tempura fried