• kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    *Blinks in confusion*
    Uh... Ensign to Captain in a year?
    *Blinks again*

Caddy:...

*He continues driving.*
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,424 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    *Wonders what he meant by him being a King*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    (The Captain of the ship has responsibility for that ship, and only that ship. An admiral has responsibility to a bunch of ships. Its far easier to command from a rear area, then the front line.

While the admiral can order a ship to do anything, the captain knows what his ship is capable of at that time. Its like the CEO of a company coming down to a factory and trying to manage/run that factory. He doesnt know the in and outs.

Or the owner of the team, coming down to the field and taking over the head coaches job. He has to worry about the big picture, and the little deatils are what get you killed.)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    edited September 2014
    *Wonders what he meant by him being a King*

*The Caddy stops the cart next to another. The Kaiser and Kaiserin are playing golf at a nearby hole.*

Caddy: Here's your stop.

*He turns to her, the light glinting off his name tag. It says 'Julius Mussolini'.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,424 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the ride.
    *Gets out and waits by the Kaiser's cart so as not to disturb them while making a shot*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    (that's not the same mussolini that led the fascist party during WW2, is it?

because his first name was benito, not julius)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited September 2014
    icerose20 wrote: »
    (The Captain of the ship has responsibility for that ship, and only that ship. An admiral has responsibility to a bunch of ships. Its far easier to command from a rear area, then the front line.

While the admiral can order a ship to do anything, the captain knows what his ship is capable of at that time. Its like the CEO of a company coming down to a factory and trying to manage/run that factory. He doesnt know the in and outs.

Or the owner of the team, coming down to the field and taking over the head coaches job. He has to worry about the big picture, and the little deatils are what get you killed.)

OOC: But in the military, you work from the bottom up. With the others, the CEO or team owner can have no expeeiance with the structure at all, while an Admiral has been a cadet, lieutenant, captain. He knows how a ship works, and how to command them.

Now, he does have a responsibility to the fleet, but he has a responsibility to win the fight. You need to be able to change prders on the fly, so most go with the center, a good combo of safety of command and command reflex. From the rear means it takes time for the message to get through, while from the center, it can expand equally as fast in all directions.
    edited September 2014
    (that's not the same mussolini that led the fascist party during WW2, is it?

because his first name was benito, not julius)

OOC: This is many, many years after WWII. And in this universe, Mr. Benito Mussolini was a very popular capitalist reporter for the Northern Italian Federation.
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the ride.
    *Gets out and waits by the Kaiser's cart so as not to disturb them while making a shot*

*The Kaiser lines up a shot, and hits the ball. It flies for miles, and disappears. The couple turn and see Jade, then smile and walk over.*

Adolf: Ah, Krystal! My beautiful daughter-in-law! How are the preparations going?

*He and Maria smile... but it slips off his face when he sees the Caddy.*

Adolf: Mussolini... what are you

Caddy: Have a good day...

*The cart drives off.*
    edited September 2014
    ((OOC: Usually, in scifi stories alternate dimension can only be accessed at the same time you are. However, it may seem diffent time periods as something happened or didnt happen that affect that world history. Both Star Trek and Sliders is the same time between them, and the same speed of time. Just things happen differently. Of Course, it not be to Kuntels world. Btu that usually how it happens.))
    Ancient Griffon insult

edited September 2014
    He gave me a ride. And that portal stole... something... from me.

And... I'm actually here because of the preparations.
    edited September 2014
    (by the way, shadow is still in the holodeck shooting down messerschmidts and heinkels, if anyone would like to jump in there...

*cough*shrink*cough*)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited September 2014
    Maria: Really? You need help?
    edited September 2014
    (by the way, shadow is still in the holodeck shooting down messerschmidts and heinkels, if anyone would like to jump in there...

*cough*shrink*cough*)

OOC: Shrink what?
    edited September 2014
    (shrink: see also - psychologist)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited September 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    OOC: But in the military, you work from the bottom up. With the others, the CEO or team owner can have no expeeiance with the structure at all, while an Admiral has been a cadet, lieutenant, captain. He knows how a ship works, and how to command them.

Now, he does have a responsibility to the fleet, but he has a responsibility to win the fight. You need to be able to change prders on the fly, so most go with the center, a good combo of safety of command and command reflex. From the rear means it takes time for the message to get through, while from the center, it can expand equally as fast in all directions.

((But the admiral doesnt know that a fire in this area, can be more costly then a fire in this area cause he doesnt know the ship. The Captain does, or should.))
    Ancient Griffon insult

• eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Dirrti Nirrti was the cutest Gould of all. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    edited September 2014
    Actually... I'm here to invite you guys. Also to invite you to come aboard the Lexington for the trip.
    edited September 2014
    icerose20 wrote: »
    ((But the admiral doesnt know that a fire in this area, can be more costly then a fire in this area cause he doesnt know the ship. The Captain does, or should.))

OOC: The Admiral, having experiance as a captain, would indeed know that a fire is more dangerous in the warp core than, say, Ten Forward. He is not an idiot, and he does have a first on a ship. He would not need to mworry about fires, because he has subordinates to do that.
    edited September 2014
    Actually... I'm here to invite you guys. Also to invite you to come aboard the Lexington for the trip.

Adolf: So you have a plan?
    edited September 2014
    Eh... the makings of one. We've had a few distractions on the way, but I think we're making progress.
    edited September 2014
    (shrink: see also - psychologist)

OOC: Kuntel; see also - sarcastic. Also, is Shadow in a plane? I would assume so.
    edited September 2014
    Eh... the makings of one. We've had a few distractions on the way, but I think we're making progress.

Adolf: Okay... as long as you get married in a church at some point, I'll be good.

Maria: Mm hmm.

*They look at each other.*

Adolf: Let's finish the game first, though...
    edited September 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    OOC: Kuntel; see also - sarcastic. Also, is Shadow in a plane? I would assume so.
    (obviously...he sure as hell isn't flying around shooting down germans with fireballs)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited September 2014
    You know... the holodeck on the Lexington could recreate this course, or any course for that matter. I'd be more than happy to help if you had any questions.
    edited September 2014
    (obviously...he sure as hell isn't flying around shooting down germans with fireballs)

(Had to make sure he wasn't oon an anti-air gun or anything....)

*A voice comes over the radio.*

Voice, suspiscously like Alistair: Lt. Greymane! Report to air field for refueling, debrief, and new orders!
    edited September 2014
    You know... the holodeck on the Lexington could recreate this course, or any course for that matter. I'd be more than happy to help if you had any questions.

Adolf: ... Well, just let me find out what happebed to the last ball, then we'll go. Okay, honey?

*He smiles at Jade.*
    edited September 2014
    *blinks and looks at the radio*

the hell...? that's not part of the program...and why did the voice sound like that idiotic shrink? *he murmurs to himself as he banks out of the engagement zone and heads back to base*

#LegalizeAwoo

edited September 2014
    Of course.
    (And out for the night, and most likely the rest of sunday due to D&D with friends.)
    edited September 2014
    *blinks and looks at the radio*

the hell...? that's not part of the program...and why did the voice sound like that idiotic shrink? *he murmurs to himself as he banks out of the engagement zone and heads back to base*

*The rest of Shadow's wing do a loop as he leaves.*

Lt: Think he's visitin' that lover 'o his, Captain?

Cap.: Nah, probably just the damn brass pullin' the best fighter out again...