test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    Veronica: I'm Sorry Amanda. *Sighs*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (*pokes thread*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,488 Community Moderator
    Krystal: ENOUGH! *yells loud enough for everyone to hear, and waits for everyone's attention*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Well, this gets alot of people attention.

Its Admiral Jade.

the Hero of Vega.

the Victor over the 2800

Savior of the Delta Quadrant.

Slayer of Dinosuars.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,488 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Any other titles you wanna get out of your systems? Sit your butts down and stop arguing!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *Jessica taps her foot impatiently*
    The gathered group starts to sit down, but you cna see that some are still holding grudges.

Kagran: which one you you three wants to address this group?
    Ancient Griffon insult

Jessica: I'll do it.
    Krystal: *plants her hands on the table* Look... I get it. Some of you want to go in there guns blazing. As soon as I heard, I...

My parents are on Earth. So I understand. But as the humans would say, we can't go off half-cocked. *Looks at Kagran* Would you please ask Ambassador Worf to bring in the Undine commander? We need everyone to work together and I can't see that happening if we keep anyone out of the meeting over distrust.
    *looks back at the rest of the group*
    Now... If we're going to do this, we need to work together. We have all at one time or another been in battle. What side we were on at the time no longer matters.

Another thing the humans say: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And right now, we all have the same enemy. The Iconians. Like it or not, that makes us friends. Everyone here. As soon as the Undine Commander comes in I would like to know what everyone's bringing into this battle. One at a time. That way, we can maximize the pain we dish out when we do ride out.
    Word comes in with the Undine.

After about 10 minutes, the force is truely impressive. It's far larger the what intelligence thinks of the Iconian forces. No Voth dread sight or Undine either.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: *looks at Alex and Jessica* You two want to add anything before I bring up the Hail Mary we got? And Jess... Before we go... I want to ask something of you.
    only that, once we get to earth, we need to figure out some way of getting that shield down so i can make it planetside​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Krystal: I'd like you to head that up Alex. You gave Starfleet the designs for that shield. You know how it works. You should be able to bring it down.
    edited March 2016
    Jessica: What do you want? *Hides being a bit agitated*

(I was going to have Jessica address them but oh well you went ahead and did it anyway)
    see, that's the thing...if it were easy for someone well-versed in its design to bring down, it'd be useless

the only ways i know to get past it are through the command codes - which i don't have, hitting a weak point with enough energy inside a small window to open a hole big enough to allow the generator itself to be targeted, or just passing right through it with an interphasic generator​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited March 2016
    (I was typing it out at the time you posted... *shrug* Sorry.)

Krystal: Sorry for stepping on your toes there Jess. I... I want one of your other selves to take Ezri and Perce and stay here at Solanae. I don't want to risk taking children, any of our children, into what could be our deaths. And... I should have asked this when they were born but... Would you and Rose like to be Godparents?

*Looks at Alex*

And that's why I want you to handle it Alex. You know more about that shield than anyone here.
    Jessica: *Sighs still agitated but happy at the offer* Sure I'd like that.

(Just next time wait a minute I was trying to see how people would respond to Jessica wanting to take the lead in the speakings before I actually had her make her speech.)
    (The problem with forum RPs when you're not coordinating via an IM. You don't know WHEN someone's got something planned. I'm practically lurking all day while you guys are more sporadic until the evening my time. I got Rose on Steam, but that's about it.)
    (I'm pretty sure I have you both on steam but I usually have it turned off when I'm not playing a steam game and I have a weird sleep schedule right now so I don't start posting a lot till the evening usually)
    (*throws bouncy balls at everyone*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Fed Captian: Shouldnt we get there now before the rest of the Iconian fleet gets there?

(Alex would know that it would take most of the Iconian fleet to take the shield with brute strength and would take some time to do it. )
    Ancient Griffon insult

(actually...i'm not sure the entire iconain fleet WOULD be able to take it down with brute force no matter how long they fired; we're talking about something that was able to absorb the death star's superlaser for a split second before collapsing - you know how much energy is needed in the span of a single second in order to blow an entire planet apart with enough force to prevent it from collapsing back into itself under its own gravity?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Well the undine can do it so I assume the Iconians have a planet destroying weapon too)

Jessica: We probably have some time before they can do any real damage.
    (not that we've seen...they just make patsies blow up stars if they want to destroy planets)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: We've got a Hail Mary for stopping this war. The Annorax. As much as I don't want to rely on it... she can open a portal to the past. A small group can... go back and prevent any Iconians from escaping the bombardment of Iconia. Captain Shon, you, Commander Jarok, and Captain Koren will lead up the assault on the Herald forces. Buy us time to get through once we do open a portal. Do whatever you have to.

Now... without knowing exactly what's going on, we should assume Earth Space Dock is also under attack. We should start by securing the station. From there, we can better coordinate Earth's Planetary Defense Grid, as well as have access to the station's onboard weapons. Once we have pushed the Heralds away from ESD, Annorax will work on opening a portal to Iconia. The Lexington and Kagran's ship will go through the portal. I'll take volunteers, but be aware we still need forces here to keep the Heralds from either destroying the Annorax or somehow following us. We also need to get runners out to wherever Kincaid set traps. Bring those ships into the fight. I want our fastest ships to get them since they won't be coming with us directly to Sol.

Our main concern may be any Dreadnaughts. Last time I saw one in action was at Lae'nas III. Dang thing punched a hole in the planet with a single shot.

Admiral Greymane, Admiral O'Connell... you're up. *steps back in case they want to add anything*
    Jessica: *Now glad to get her chance to speak* If you do decide to volunteer for our journey into the past then you must be careful as we can't change too much we must restrict ourselves to the mission. So no going off to another system once we get started.
    just so it's clear, when we get to earth, i'll be calling in some forces of my own; i've helped a lot of different people over the centuries, so i've got all kinds of favors to call in, which i've been doing since the invasion started​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(*doink*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Bajoran: What about the Dominion and the Breen? They have been very quiet? Shouldn't we be worried about an attack?

(( remember any species capable of FTL travel has the technology to cause a star to go supernova. With one ship. Also, this was supposed to be a test, so the system isn't as robust as the plans say they should be))
    Ancient Griffon insult

edited March 2016
    (i seriously doubt flying into a star at FTL will make it go supernova...especially since most FTL tech doesn't play nice with gravity wells and ends up dropping said ship out long before they'll hit the star)​​

#LegalizeAwoo