test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well the lack of interior is pretty disappointing.

I didn't expect the atrium to be accessible (although that would have been incredibly awesome) but some "luxury room" may be with a pool where we can use the swimwear... That would have been fitting.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    KDF have no Cruisers...nor do they have any Dreadnought Cruisers. KDF have Battle Cruisers and Flight-Deck Cruisers.

Ah, you meant it in a nitpicky way. I apologize.... :(
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    WTF ?! Who thought that was balanced ? Oh, my..... Undine Rep it is.... :(

And apparently it was a random prices, since all were swimwear. No idea why one was more expensive than the other, there was no rhyme nor reason to it on tribble.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Nitpicky? Has nothing to do with being nitpicky.

Battle Cruisers have Shield Frequency Modulation, Strategic Maneuvering, and Weapon System Efficiency.
    Flight-Deck Cruisers have Attract Fire and Shield Frequency Modulation.

Cruisers have Attract Fire, Shield Frequency Modulation, Strategic Maneuvering, and Weapon System Efficiency.
    Dreadnought Cruisers have Attract Fire and Weapon System Efficiency.

It's about the Cruiser Commands. KDF do not have any boats with 4x Cruiser Commands.
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    And apparently it was a random prices, since all were swimwear. No idea why one was more expensive than the other, there was no rhyme nor reason to it on tribble.

Maybe: less fabric = more expensive ? :D
    edited June 2014
    KDF have no Cruisers...nor do they have any Dreadnought Cruisers. KDF have Battle Cruisers and Flight-Deck Cruisers.

A battle cruiser is still a cruiser. That's like saying a ball pen is not a pen.
    And the bortasqu seems prety dreadnughty to me.
    edited June 2014
    Maybe: less fabric = more expensive ? :D

Actually, no. The skimpiest one I think was amongst the 500 price tag category.

But than again, the Orion and the TOS mirror outfits are just as skimpy..... So just get the TOS mirror from the C-store if you want that look.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited June 2014
    Nitpicky? Has nothing to do with being nitpicky.

Battle Cruisers have Shield Frequency Modulation, Strategic Maneuvering, and Weapon System Efficiency.
    Flight-Deck Cruisers have Attract Fire and Shield Frequency Modulation.

Cruisers ave Attract Fire, Shield Frequency Modulation, Strategic Maneuvering, and Weapon System Efficiency.
    Dreadnought Cruisers have Attract Fire and Weapon System Efficiency.

I used cruisers as a general term, you didn't. It's okay, no one got hurt. We shouldn't fight amongst ourselves, we know who the enemy is ! :)
    edited June 2014
    edit: There were words here...that are not here now. :D
    edited June 2014
    I used cruisers as a general term, you didn't. It's okay, no one got hurt. We shouldn't fight amoingst ourselves, we know who the enemy is ! :)

No harm no foul...and all that jazz. :)
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cruiser Customization Clarifications:

You have 3 ship Atrium selections, Forest, Islands, or Blast Doors

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

Any other questions, within reason, and I will try to answer.

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy your time on Risa, I'll see you there!

-Nick

This all sounds pretty cool. Thank you. :)

Except for that whole lack of a playable Lido deck / Atrium. I weep so much. :(

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or...maybe... the event hasn't started yet ? ;)

No... that can't be it. That would make far too much sense....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, after reading everything, I have to admit, like some, that I am a little disappointed with this new ship. But I can also see some potential. While this ship would be yet another cruiser in a long list of available cruisers for my Fed characters (just with a unique look and console), for my Rom and KDF characters, this is the first TRUE/FULL Tier 5 cruiser available to them without opening a ton of lock boxes (or paying a fortune on the exchange). So I am excited about that. But a special interior would have been nice. Is it possible that the special interior could be released at a future date?;)
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's not like the KDF has no cruisers..... they actually have pretty good ones. :confused:

The KDF has Battle Cruisers, not TRUE/FULL cruisers.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sad thing now, most of my excitement is gone.

You could argue I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but I didn't expect STO to become Game of Thrones. You start to get hopeful , you get a smashed head ... eh, you get sad, I mean.

A Risian cruiser with a Risian interior with even just a glance at your own part or Risa within it and a possibility to wear swimsuits on that bridge would be unique. For a moment that felt like something definitely worth grinding for.

Damn I'm sad, not sure STO's ever gotten me that sad. Angry, yes, very often, but not sad.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sanatoba wrote: »
    But I can also see some potential. for my Rom and KDF characters, this is the first TRUE/FULL Tier 5 cruiser available to them without opening a ton of lock boxes (or paying a fortune on the exchange). So I am excited about that.

There you go, the bright side, good for you, you're totally right of course. cheers to that.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Luxury Cruiser ... Lt.Com Tac
    Fed Dread ... no Lt.Com Tac... WTF? :rolleyes:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well hmmm. no interior so no bank or anything else. oh well I'll still get it on one character for the 2 piece set console but ill never fly it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited June 2014
    sanatoba wrote: »
    The KDF has Battle Cruisers, not TRUE/FULL cruisers.

Battlecruisers are better than normal cruisers.
    edited June 2014
    Luxury Cruiser ... Lt.Com Tac
    Fed Dread ... no Lt.Com Tac... WTF? :rolleyes:

When the Enterprise-D had a LCdrTac...it crashed into Veridian III. ;)

Then again, when the Enterprise-E had that same LCdr Tac...it crashed into a Scimitar. :D
    edited June 2014
    Mhm come on guys. I'm disappointed due the lack of interior like everyone else.

But it still looks like an awesome ship which visuals clearly took tons of effort to make. We should look forward to what we get not mourn what we wont.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The last I checked, they are not available on your bridge.
    Why would anyone spend 25 days on grinding content, which can only be used on one planet?

Why would anyone spend 25 days on grinding a luxury cruiser in which does not: (1) contain a unique resort styled interior (2) and allow you to walk around it with swim gear?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When the Enterprise-D had a LCdrTac...it crashed into Veridian III. ;)

Then again, when the Enterprise-E had that same LCdr Tac...it crashed into a Scimitar. :D
    and both times it was completely unavoidable
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Surprising Stats. Glad it's a free ship, else the forum would've melted down from rage. :D

Well, looks like its grind time. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Battlecruisers are better than normal cruisers.

How many Battle Cruisers have you flown?
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Surprising Stats. Glad it's a free ship...
    Its not free.

You have to purchase it through the reputation-event system.

You have to buy your reward.
    edited June 2014
    and both times it was completely unavoidable

Heh, it's kind of funny thinking about it...how that LCdr Tac ended up on the Enterprise-E in the first place. Poor Defiant...
  • studleydoostudleydoo Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well....I'm rather surprised about the boff layout of this "luxury" cruiser. Wow...this thing is a BEAST!!!! I was expecting an engineering heavy ship with good science capabilities and maneuver like a big boat. Did not expect it to be the most maneuverable tactical cruiser on Fed side.

Frankly, I would have just been happy with a less tactically capable ship as I didn't expect much tactically from a luxury civilian ship as long it had fun features (such as fun interiors, dabo tables, etc) I could play with. This was going to be my "fun" ship.

Regardless, I will still grind for this. In fact this will be my main ship as my character prefers non-Fed, civilian looking ships. Thank you to the devs...although it is not what I expected...I'm going to fun with this ship.

However, people would really love it if you did add an unique bridge and interiors for it in the future. PLEASE do this. It will be great if we can wear our swim wear in this interior....also swim wear for our bridge officers as well.

Please make it so.

Also wondering why the peacing loving, tree-hugging Risians make such tactically powerful ships. I wonder...perhaps they are secretly preparing for galactic domination right under our nose. I bet they are the real villains of STO. Forget the Iconians.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No summer bridge? No problem. Make us a beautiful Risian bridge 3-pack, one for each atrium style. It will be the best-selling bridge pack, no doubt.
    Greenbird
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Its not free.

You have to purchase it through the reputation-event system.

You have to buy your reward.

It's free. Stop it.