Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    It's fifty years and you forgot to mention that you have to have every single celebrity during that time on your ship at some point. From A-Lister to Z-Listers. :cool::D

Starring....

Deanna 'Its was a Violation' Troi
    Jean-Luc 'Speed'O' Picard
    William 'The Sexy Beard' Ricker
    'The Fully Functional Android' Data
    Beverly 'Hot Lips' Crusher
    Geordi 'X-Ray Vision' La Forge
    Wesley 'Puberty Challenged' Crusher
    Worf 'Feeling Aggressive Tendencies' Son of Mogh

Captain James T. 'Father of All Creation' Kirk
  • Options
    asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This particular ship comes across as a collectors item to me, I can't imagaine a purpose for it. Maybe the interior will have a pool where fleet mates can hang out, that's about it. It's not designed for combat, it could have a very strong hull and may serve as a team healer but it looks like a giant yacht with a warp core. And who will take a yacht into combat?

It's a summer event and we can grind for a free ship so I never expected anything great, but the interior is going to be the deal breaker. If it has a navigation console and a bathtub for a captain's chair with no access to the captain's quarters and no access to crew quarters then I won't grind for it.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Interesting. Not enough to make me want to get it, but interesting.

Though I tend to think the idea of a luxury cruiser being used as a combat ship is a bit silly.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    soo..when does this event begin?
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Interesting. Not enough to make me want to get it, but interesting.

Though I tend to think the idea of a luxury cruiser being used as a combat ship is a bit silly.

Yeah, deffinitly. I hoped it would be more of a sci heavy cruiser.
    Although I admit with that configuration it might more likely use it.... On the other hand... it has pretty much the bo layout I use on my Odysee.. hmm....
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am having some apprehension about this possibility will be an empty shell. If the only thing is a console then the thrill will be short lived. I will still get one, but without a special interior (i.e., a mini resort area) then it is just fue-fue cruiser.
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I -really- hope they put in a custom interior for this ship, of all ships. How anyone could see using a KDF bridge as the interior of such a ship would be beyond understanding, especially if it is meant to 'remind you of your summer vacation on Risa'.

We already lost the promised Galaxy-class interior, and the recent Bridges have been lacking in scope, being only a single room. I'd hate to see the ball dropped completely on what is supposed to be a ship to relax upon.

And, let's be honest here. Why would the Risians ensure their most luxurious cruise ship devoted an entire section to a -Brig-??

Ahhhh well. Guess we'll see. But the lack of word on this is severly troubling.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    danqueller wrote: »
    I -really- hope they put in a custom interior for this ship, of all ships. How anyone could see using a KDF bridge as the interior of such a ship would be beyond understanding, especially if it is meant to 'remind you of your summer vacation on Risa'.

We already lost the promised Galaxy-class interior, and the recent Bridges have been lacking in scope, being only a single room. I'd hate to see the ball dropped completely on what is supposed to be a ship to relax upon.

And, let's be honest here. Why would the Risians ensure their most luxurious cruise ship devoted an entire section to a -Brig-??

Ahhhh well. Guess we'll see. But the lack of word on this is severly troubling.

If you want logic in there... even on a luxury liner the bridge isn't a room to relax. Its still a working room and technically a lot of fed bridged would work.
    Kdf bridges certainly not so much... but when did Cryptic even think about the KDF if they could think about Lobby items instead?^^
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    That is actually very strange. The only posts by Trendy and Smirk in the last couple days are the thread starters for the two Risa blogs. Nothing else, at all. Don't think they even posted on Twitter, just complete silence.

Normally, after a blog on an event, they would at least jump in and praise it (how they're looking forward to it and all...) if not answer questions.

It would be nice to get some response, and I am a little puzzled what a crusier is.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    People reported that their existing project only required 40 Pearls. I could have sworn someone from Cryptic confirmed this, but I cannot find anything, so for now we may assume it's subject to change.

If they really did reduce it to 40 pearls...

I am SO doing this on all of my alts!
  • Options
    crypticquackcrypticquack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cruiser Customization Clarifications:

You have 3 ship Atrium selections, Forest, Islands, or Blast Doors

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

Any other questions, within reason, and I will try to answer.

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy your time on Risa, I'll see you there!

-Nick
    Nick "Crypticquack" Quackenbush
    33.33% of the STO Ship Art team.
    100% of the new guys on the STO Ship Art team.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    If they really did reduce it to 40 pearls...

I am SO doing this on all of my alts!
    I really hope it's still 40 and they didn't increase it significantly. I mean, we still have to grind the mission for 25 days anyway (or buy Pearls with Lobi) so I think it's fair to be able to get the ship on our other characters after we're finished. Sure, that makes it somewhat an account thing, but on the other hand it leaves players with more time to do other stuff and doesn't discourage them from playing.

I just hope Cryptic heard to all the criticism they've got at the begining of the year when it comes to their alt-unfriendly grind.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captmal105captmal105 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok I like this ship I do but I have to lay it out here am I the only one who thinks this is a slight rip off of the Sol Bianca? Ill give it a "heavyer" version but still.....

http://store.otaku.ru/static/i/19258_1.jpg

http://www.jasms.de/anime/sol_bianca/sol01.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks making this a combat vessel is extremely dumb?

No,
    Infact, I find this a tad more ridiculous than lasers on frikin dinosaurs personally.

BUT, it's meant to be fun..... and just the right design for jumpin Carcharodon carcharias.

So what if it can run circles around and out gun a certain iconic Starfleet vessel (Galaxy class I'm lookin at you)....:rolleyes:
    (3 tactical console, base turn of 10, Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Universal, on a luxury vessel no less ? )

I'm just gonna smile tolerantly when Earth space dock get's flooded with these in about a month. I'll have fun naming mine !
    Not to mention all those Klingons going into glorious battle, in a ...... Yacht?! Sing Aktuh and Maylota Amarie, sing !

So what if STF's are gonna look slightly ridiculous for a while... (a t5 Connie?, outa the question, but a yacht takin out a Borg cube = totally fine), Did I mention, It's all in fun? :o

But I will say this, forget the Undine and the Iconians, It's the Ferengi Lobi Consortium, we all should be worried about. ;)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

-Nick

So basically the two things people would really want this ship for: a new bridge and a playable interior space are not there. Another massive fail! Way to go guys. Keep up the good work. *facepalm*. No wonder that wasn't mentioned in the dev blog. There will be a ton of disapointed players. Again, so much wasted pontential.

Maybe the Dev's parents never taught them the basic lesson "If you can't do something right, don't do it all."
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014

-Nick

The swimsuits are not usable inside these interiors, right?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    crypticquackcrypticquack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The swimsuits are not usable inside these interiors, right?

The last I checked, they are not available on your bridge.
    Nick "Crypticquack" Quackenbush
    33.33% of the STO Ship Art team.
    100% of the new guys on the STO Ship Art team.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Meh, probably won't go for this. Also, glad it doesn't come with a custom anything, not while the Vesta is still the only 3 pack ship without a custom bridge.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »

Captain James T. 'Father of All Creation' Kirk

In my travels I frequently come across civilizations that have giant statues of James T. Kirk worshiping him as their creator and god.

...where did I put that PADD referencing the Prime Directive? I remember them discussing amending it to include: "This means you too, Kirk!"

... Is this it? No, that's "Chicago Mobs of the Twenties"

I'll keep looking...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014

-Nick

:(

Don't take me wrong, I'm glad you actually came here and finally cleared up some things. I'm glad you were able to come up with that customisation. But a luxury cruiser that was supposed to come with all amenities... and the only amenity being the exterior look. I'm just saddened.

Why put a huge window with a forest/island if we can't visit? It'd be perfect to have as another place for the swimsuits. Just perfect!

Do you know what the discount is on alts once a character gets the cruiser?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think if there was just a bar area with the park seen thru windows and you could wear swimming outfit and use a jacuzzi then most would have been satisfied.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    :(

Don't take me wrong, I'm glad you actually came here and finally cleared up some things. I'm glad you were able to come up with that customisation. But a luxury cruiser that was supposed to come with all amenities... and the only amenity being the exterior look. I'm just saddened.

Why put a huge window with a forest/island if we can't visit? It'd be perfect to have as another place for the swimsuits. Just perfect!

Do you know what the discount is on alts once a character gets the cruiser?

Yeah. And that would have still saved ESD/Kronos/DS9 from being overrun by swimsuits. Cryptic, please do not make my doomsaying predictions come true all the time. Pretty please?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK - I be stoopid... where is the swimsuit vendor in Risa? I was ther ethis morning and couldn't find them.

The n again, I was suffering MUCH lag and loadout errors, so maybe they just didn't spawn...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So basically the two things people would really want this ship for: a new bridge and a playable interior space are not there. Another massive fail! Way to go guys. Keep up the good work. *facepalm*. No wonder that wasn't mentioned in the dev blog. There will be a ton of disapointed players. Again, so much wasted pontential.

Maybe the Dev's parents never taught them the basic lesson "If you can't do something right, don't do it all."

So, in other words, if they couldn't make a bridge and a space to play in, you'd rather them NOT make the ship at all?

I don't get it
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    OK - I be stoopid... where is the swimsuit vendor in Risa? I was ther ethis morning and couldn't find them.

The n again, I was suffering MUCH lag and loadout errors, so maybe they just didn't spawn...

Or...maybe... the event hasn't started yet ? ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So, in other words, if they couldn't make a bridge and a space to play in, you'd rather them NOT make the ship at all?

I don't get it

The new interior and bridge was the main novelty attraction of this ship.

Otherwise, its a very common fed cruiser statwise. I see no reason to get this ship on my cruiser captain, the Fleet Excelsior is just as good.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So now that the stats are up for the new ship, is there going to be a second dev blog today about the new doffs, or how the discount works?

I thought some of it might have been posted in the patch notes, but since not - aye - would be nifty to have some more info rather than doing the piecemeal secondhand bit with whatever folks might care to share after the event starts...
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, now that I can safely eliminate the Risa ship(s) from my schedule, I can evaluate swimwear. I hope those are cheap as they are very limited in their application. And I'm not going to grind my "behind" off to get each of my 26 chars something nice. :(
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The new interior and bridge was the main novelty attraction of this ship.

Otherwise, its a very common fed cruiser statwise. I see no reason to get this ship on my cruiser captain, the Fleet Excelsior is just as good.

Not everybody's Fed...

One could say Feds got a Raider with the Winter Event and KDF get a Cruiser with the Summer Event...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Well, now that I can safely eliminate the Risa ship(s) from my schedule, I can evaluate swimwear. I hope those are cheap as they are very limited in their application. And I'm not going to grind my "behind" off to get each of my 26 chars something nice. :(

500, 1000 , 1500 and 2000 lolunat marks, depending on which ones you want.