What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    People reported that their existing project only required 40 Pearls. I could have sworn someone from Cryptic confirmed this, but I cannot find anything, so for now we may assume it's subject to change.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So now on the 14th page an still no word on detailed ship info, customisations ect, how much is the alt friendly discount on the corvette, just any extra info!. Come on trendy an smirk, please dont keep the silence that is many pages long...... please just talk to us.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    So now on the 14th page an still no word on detailed ship info, customisations ect, how much is the alt friendly discount on the corvette, just any extra info!. Come on trendy an smirk, please dont keep the silence that is many pages long...... please just talk to us.

Probably see it in the patch notes...regarding the discount angle.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Starfleet really needs to crack down on the Lobi Crystal Consortium. At this rate, it's just a matter of time before the Ferengi control the whole quadrant. :eek:

Well, they tried to buy a Dyson sphere.... Sooooo yeah, we are there already
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh complete side note, loving the guramba profile pic virusdancer good job! :)
  • Options
    stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Want! Want! Want!

That's all I have to say on the matter...:D
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    People reported that their existing project only required 40 Pearls. I could have sworn someone from Cryptic confirmed this, but I cannot find anything, so for now we may assume it's subject to change.

I think some dev confirmed the discount existing is WAI, but wasn't clear on the number 40 being the planned amount...

Ah, found it.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The ship looks nice. But I question the Soliton Wave Generator having been made exclusive to this starship. I would have been happy to buy this console directly off the C-Store. For use on any of my starships.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The blog states that they ahve been aquired by the Lobi Consortium. Does that mean I need Lobi to get the ship? An interior with bridge would definitely be nice. a big dance floor with disco ball, a HoloSuite running a Risian sandy beach program, a person to access the Risian stores, and so on. Oh, and a giant Horgahn or however you spell it for decoration also. :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »

That is actually very strange. The only posts by Trendy and Smirk in the last couple days are the thread starters for the two Risa blogs. Nothing else, at all. Don't think they even posted on Twitter, just complete silence.

Normally, after a blog on an event, they would at least jump in and praise it (how they're looking forward to it and all...) if not answer questions.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014
    So if I started the Risian corvette project last summer and have 600 pearls into the project with the discount since I have the corvette on quite a few alts is the difference in pearls put back into my inventory or just removed when the project completes just curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    That is actually very strange. The only posts by Trendy and Smirk in the last couple days are the thread starters for the two Risa blogs. Nothing else, at all. Don't think they even posted on Twitter, just complete silence.

Normally, after a blog on an event, they would at least jump in and praise it (how they're looking forward to it and all...) if not answer questions.

Asked in another thread if they were still doing the Blacklight thing or if they were caught up in some sort of CM/mod operation for another of the PWE games...
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The blog states that they ahve been aquired by the Lobi Consortium. Does that mean I need Lobi to get the ship? An interior with bridge would definitely be nice. a big dance floor with disco ball, a HoloSuite running a Risian sandy beach program, a person to access the Risian stores, and so on. Oh, and a giant Horgahn or however you spell it for decoration also. :D

The ship last year said the same thing about the Consortium, so most likely not.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just to put the whole Lobi thing to rest, here's last year's version of today's post:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/1009080-legacy-of-romulus-dev-blog-%2326
    The Risian corvette was initially designed as a racing ship for entertainment purposes. The ship's incredible speed and maneuverability drew the interest of the Lobi Crystal Consortium, who purchased the rights to manufacture armed versions of the vessel. There's a long waiting list for ships from the first Lobi production run of Risian corvettes, and deep space explorers and hotshot pilots traveling through more dangerous areas of space will often put a deposit down months in advance for the chance to acquire one.

While it's no guarantee, it's pretty much the same thing as last year, and no real reason to think it will work any different than then.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks making this a combat vessel is extremely dumb?

*sigh*

No. You're not the only one.

I was hoping this ship would be a non-combat vessel with an interior that was a cross between the Ferengi D'Kora and the resort on Risa. I was hoping for Dabo wheels, full bank, mail and exchange access, a dance floor, pool with a tropical bird and feather monkey, and maybe something REALLY unique like a tailor with the ability to dress your crew in off-duty clothes (and swimsuits!) while they're inside this ship's unique interior since it's not a combat ship.

Unfortunately, it looks like another boring cookie cutter cruiser with a mildly interesting console and a unique exterior.

*yawn*
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great pix in the blog (thanks for the high res versions), the Cruiser looks amazing, has interesting stats, and while the Blog did provide most info, there's still much to be answered:

What are the details on:
    • Solar Sail Quantum Slipstream Drive,
    • Console 2-pc Set Bonus,
    • What is the cost of the Risa Luxury Cruiser (I assume 1000 Pearls, but it's best to know),
    • Ship Price Discount,
    • Luxury Cruiser Ship Interior,
    • In what ways is the LC "even more customizable than the Risian Corvette"?

And then, unrelated to the ship, there's still missing info on the Feather Monkeys, Risian Duty Officers, and Accolades (for example how we get these and their function/features (if any)).
    hypl wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks making this a combat vessel is extremely dumb...
    While I won't go so far as to say it's "extremely dumb", I am somewhat disappointed, because:
    atlmykl wrote: »
    ...Was hoping for a civilian ship with a fantastic interior...
    Me, too.

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This gives the impression that it will feature a unique, functional interior.

With functions similar to the Tuffli Freighter/Duliban Cell Ship/Ferengi D'Kora, i.e. bank/mail/echange acces, possibly tailor access.

Yeah, that seems to be what a lot of people are thinking. I'd suspect it'd have a tailor at least, and a personal beach would be amusing.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OMG, I'm sorry, I cannot resist!

YOU can now be the Captain Stubing of the future! LOVE, PHASERS and ADVENTURE await!

Ready to Take a Chance Again... in the Stars!.

Cryptic, please create some missions for the players that own the Risa Luxury Cruiser...

First guest stars are J'mpok and Koren, renewing their secret and forbidden love for each other.

Also Fleet Admiral Jorel Quinn and Admiral T'nae... reveal their own secrets!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice but only the console for my last year Risa ship. The old dont looked very nice but this looks like a 1. April Joke to me.

Fed had always nice ships but this is ... . I even dont like the idee that each Fed Planet has still own ships after so many years of the Starfleet and the Federation.

But you are out of ideas and the only new thing in the game are more and more and more ships.

Bring us more real content and not more and more ships! I i dont count Fountry because the Fountry makes are not paid for there good work.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No. You're not the only one.

I was hoping this ship would be a non-combat vessel with an interior that was a cross between the Ferengi D'Kora and the resort on Risa. I was hoping for Dabo wheels, full bank, mail and exchange access, a dance floor, pool with a tropical bird and feather monkey, and maybe something REALLY unique like a tailor with the ability to dress your crew in off-duty clothes (and swimsuits!) while they're inside this ship's unique interior since it's not a combat ship.

Unfortunately, it looks like another boring cookie cutter cruiser with a mildly interesting console and a unique exterior.

*yawn*

If it was a civilian ship.. I would go for it but like you said it's a cookie cutter copy of any one of the current ships. It's more a combat ship which is very different from a luxury cruise liner.

I just think some people ran out of ideas, so using the cookie cutter copy alternative.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    ginner25ginner25 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    OMG, I'm sorry, I cannot resist!

YOU can now be the Captain Stubing of the future! LOVE, PHASERS and ADVENTURE await!

Ready to Take a Chance Again... in the Stars!.

Cryptic, please create some missions for the players that own the Risa Luxury Cruiser...

First guest stars are J'mpok and Koren, renewing their secret and forbidden love for each other.

Also Fleet Admiral Jorel Quinn and Admiral T'nae... reveal their own secrets!
    http://thegeekytruth.blogspot.com/2011/02/star-trek-love-boat.html
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »

OMG I can't believe I actually followed the link.... O.O
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    OMG I can't believe I actually followed the link.... O.O
    rofl....

*evil grin*
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ginner25 wrote: »

"To a Klingon warrior, beheadings are romantic!"
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I actually watched Love Boat many, many years ago. I think this version of the song is sung by Dionne Warwick. I mostly remember it being sung by a dude though. Yeah, and now I will run away and hide in shame..... :eek::D:o
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    “Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Love Boat. Her five-year mission: to explore strange new seduction techniques, to conceive new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where Kirk has never gone before.”

*record scratch*

O.O
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That stats from the love boat are nice and the console plus LtCmdr Tac are nice.

Had it been a civilian or science vessel i would probably (90-95% certainty) have entered the summer grind.

Now the only reason why i am contemplating entering is to add the console on the corvette.

I have several cruisers already and adding this one feels like a wasted slot. Almost certain it'd be used for storage and nothing else.

Had it been a ship with private dabo table, beech resort and bank/exchange access you would have had another participant for the summer grind, but as it is now i am out.

I'll visit summer Risa to do some breeding, get some extra marks and so forth but the Love boat will have to find another captain.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    “Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Love Boat. Her five-year mission: to explore strange new seduction techniques, to conceive new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where Kirk has never gone before.”

*record scratch*

O.O

It's fifty years and you forgot to mention that you have to have every single celebrity during that time on your ship at some point. From A-Lister to Z-Listers. :cool::D
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014