test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Acetons....when are they coming to FED side?

jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
I would like to see the acetons assimilators come to the FED side. I mean again I can't recall an episode where these we're used anyway. But, seems Klingons are getting access to everything FED and vice versa but not these. Why?

At any rate, quite frankly though they need to be nerfed as they are now....I was sitting in my Scimi cloaked watching a fight in Kerrat and a Klingon threw one down so naturally the FED's pets started firing on it. Combat Log : CryoX deals 3962 Radiation Damage(Critical) to you with Aceton Assimilator. Seems that much more than the quoted 484 radation damage per second there supposed to do when fired upon by anything else except torpedos. That 3962 is in my combat log quite a few times from the same aceton cause I thought the pets would destroy it much quicker than they did so I was slow to move out of range. After about the 12th hit I took from the aceton I eptxe1 evasive out of the way cause my hull was at 25%. My scimi hull = 51k......51000/12=4250. So any average hit from these things of 4k+ when they throw there green radiation out.

Furthermore, what's really aggrevating about these acetons is that they can be healed with hazard emitters I know for sure cause I've seen it. Very easy to see the blue beam. Perhaps too they can be healed with Engineering team as well. REALLY?!?! If that these case then I want to be able to heal mines and Destabalized plasma torps and so on and so forth.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I mean again I can't recall an episode where these we're used anyway. But, seems Klingons are getting access to everything FED and vice versa but not these. Why?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Aceton_assimilator

Acetons were used in TNG Episode "The Booby Trap", you know when the Enterprise got stranded in a mine field and their power was converted to radiation by the assimilators.

But that was a nice joke with the, "the KDF getting everything the Federation has".
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "The KDF getting everything the Feds have..." (may have paraphrased)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbetvkPA6I

Maybe getting all the Feds' junk while the Feds get all the good stuff from the KDF.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    IRRC the devs stated after the Plasmotic leech was put in a box that all future lockbox consoles would be faction neutral, thus No more current in-game consoles would be made available to other factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would like to see the acetons assimilators come to the FED side. I mean again I can't recall an episode where these we're used anyway. But, seems Klingons are getting access to everything FED and vice versa but not these. Why?

They're not the only thing. The trade has also favored Fed over KDF...
    At any rate, quite frankly though they need to be nerfed as they are now....I was sitting in my Scimi cloaked watching a fight in Kerrat and a Klingon threw one down so naturally the FED's pets started firing on it. Combat Log : CryoX deals 3962 Radiation Damage(Critical) to you with Aceton Assimilator. Seems that much more than the quoted 484 radation damage per second there supposed to do when fired upon by anything else except torpedos. That 3962 is in my combat log quite a few times from the same aceton cause I thought the pets would destroy it much quicker than they did so I was slow to move out of range. After about the 12th hit I took from the aceton I eptxe1 evasive out of the way cause my hull was at 25%. My scimi hull = 51k......51000/12=4250. So any average hit from these things of 4k+ when they throw there green radiation out.

Aceton damage is boosted by Particle Gens, Auxiliary Power, even the new 8472 console that buffs Radiation damage. Probably buffed by Conservation of Energy, the +Exotic Damage DOFF, and so forth...

Also as damage can be buffed by things that buff damage, APO, APA, T4 Nukara, etc, etc, etc...

...damage does go to shields then hull, so if you're cloaked - it's all going to hull.
    Furthermore, what's really aggrevating about these acetons is that they can be healed with hazard emitters I know for sure cause I've seen it. Very easy to see the blue beam. Perhaps too they can be healed with Engineering team as well. REALLY?!?! If that these case then I want to be able to heal mines and Destabalized plasma torps and so on and so forth.

You can heal targetable items that have more than 1 hp. You can heal the Destabilized Plasma Torps. Mines have 1hp, so there's nothing to heal. You can heal pets. You can heal Repair Platforms. If it's got more than 1hp, then you can heal it. Healing Aceton Assimilators - even dropping buffs on them - why not? You can with other things...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh look, it's this thread again! :rolleyes:
    It gets even better, it's 2 in 1 now - nerf them and gimme combo.

And we wonder why the devs don't take the forums seriously...
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not going to lie: Even though the Aceton Assimilator is easily countered by a KCB it would really supplement some of my science builds.

However, let the AA remain a unique Klingon gadget.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

Cause its probably a troll thread? After all, the usual 3-4 people that show up to rage about how nobody loves them or their all-important individuality, they're not exactly difficult to bait.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cause its probably a troll thread? After all, the usual 3-4 people that show up to rage about how nobody loves them or their all-important individuality, they're not exactly difficult to bait.

Nah, they were complaining in Ker'rat as well...without the Fed angle, just that they were being spammed.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dont think they should be cross-faction, just put them on a normal CD and they will be fine
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Want acetons? Play KDF. Stop shooting it with lasers and maybe you won't get hurt by them.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Not going to lie: Even though the Aceton Assimilator is easily countered by a KCB it would really supplement some of my science builds.

However, let the AA remain a unique Klingon gadget.

Yes, becuase nothing says Klingon like a device based on an ancient weapon only the federation was shown encountering :rolleyes:

Seriously some of the stuff considered uniquely Klingon in this game makes me scratch my head.

First a console that basically lets a ship do the Picard maneuver aka a federation tactic thought up by a federation captain.

Then there are the Orions who's homeworld is in federation space with only an Orion criminal organization being allied with the Klingons not the entire civilization.

Ship concepts like battlecruisers and carriers as if Klingons are the only ones who ever though up those concepts or that the federation despite using legions of redshirts as canon fodder will aparently draw the line at sticking them is fighters before sending them to their doom.

For god's sake at this point they sound worse then Chekov when he starts claiming Russia invented everything.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Yes, becuase nothing says Klingon like a device based on an ancient weapon only the federation was shown encountering :rolleyes:

Seriously some of the stuff considered uniquely Klingon in this game makes me scratch my head.

First a console that basically lets a ship do the Picard maneuver aka a federation tactic thought up by a federation captain.

Then there are the Orions who's homeworld is in federation space with only an Orion criminal organization being allied with the Klingons not the entire civilization.

Ship concepts like battlecruisers and carriers as if Klingons are the only ones who ever though up those concepts or that the federation despite using legions of redshirts as canon fodder will aparently draw the line at sticking them is fighters before sending them to their doom.

For god's sake at this point they sound worse then Chekov when he starts claiming Russia invented everything.

Or maybe some of us just want a game with factions that are not just copy+paste clones of each other because people are bent out of shape about a console that is easily dealt with if you stop spamming BFAW for a second.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Want acetons? Play KDF. Stop shooting it with lasers and maybe you won't get hurt by them.

But my SPACEBAR demands JUSTICE!!!!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    edited May 2014

First off, technically the Assimilator is Gorn technology...second what console do you speak of the KDF that does the Picard maneuver?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Orion_Syndicate

If you do a little reading you'll see "Since the depleted resources on their home world in the Rigel system can no longer sustain them, Melani D'ian starts to negotiate with the Breen and Klingons for assistance in 2388."

When have you ever heard a Starfleet ship ever really referred to as a Battlecruiser?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They're not the only thing. The trade has also favored Fed over KDF...

Aceton damage is boosted by Particle Gens, Auxiliary Power, even the new 8472 console that buffs Radiation damage. Probably buffed by Conservation of Energy, the +Exotic Damage DOFF, and so forth...

Also as damage can be buffed by things that buff damage, APO, APA, T4 Nukara, etc, etc, etc...

...damage does go to shields then hull, so if you're cloaked - it's all going to hull.

You can heal targetable items that have more than 1 hp. You can heal the Destabilized Plasma Torps. Mines have 1hp, so there's nothing to heal. You can heal pets. You can heal Repair Platforms. If it's got more than 1hp, then you can heal it. Healing Aceton Assimilators - even dropping buffs on them - why not? You can with other things...

repair platforms are a hangar item yes? we already know not all ships have hangar items just the big and slow ones. and if my trade you mean exchange its probably because not that many play the kdf side....when you think of star trek you think or the feds since there main characters of star trek...the kdf and roms aren't hence the reason you don't see that many in game as fed. and if we are talking about the trade as the exchange then where are all the romulan doffs....they seem to be very few and far between.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    repair platforms are a hangar item yes? we already know not all ships have hangar items just the big and slow ones. and if my trade you mean exchange its probably because not that many play the kdf side....when you think of star trek you think or the feds since there main characters of star trek...the kdf and roms aren't hence the reason you don't see that many in game as fed. and if we are talking about the trade as the exchange then where are all the romulan doffs....they seem to be very few and far between.

Repair Platform is a console that comes with the Varanus

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Varanus_Support_Vessel
  • Options
    edited May 2014

^^ :):):) ^^ yes its the 24th century we cant figure out how to duplicate the technology just by encountering it....lol....we don't reverse engineer anything now even in the 21st century NEVER!!!! LOL You make a very good point here on so many levels. Hence why I think it should be brought to fed side. but too though the fact that pets autotarget it is annoying plus beams do nothing to it only torps. forces you to use torps...not that you wouldn't anyway....silly nonetheless though beams do nothing except make them damage you. why not just call it a fbp console then?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I dont think they should be cross-faction, just put them on a normal CD and they will be fine

why wouldn't everything eventually be cross faction though? I mean historically speaking human nature tells us that if the other guy has a technological advantage we better figure it out and duplicate it. example: us makes a nuclear bomb so other countries begin to figure out how to do the same as well. simple really. reverse engineering. technology infiltrating. hax if you will....so many many ways but all the same...human nature. he has it I want it too.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ahh, another one of these threads. Nope, the feds are never getting that console, sorry. So stop asking! NEVER GETTING IT.:P To be honest Cryptic needs to delete all the cross faction TRIBBLE. Remove all of it and give the players refined dilithium for their troubles.

You want the good stuff? Play a KDF toon. PVP is mixed now, no need to have cross faction consoles in the game. Getting a $15 console for energy credits is the stupidest thing I ever seen in this game. "Oh, look the federation is getting all these great KDF consoles. Yay, now we have no logical reason to play KDF. Yippie!" It's just like making an RTS game where all the factions have the same units. Just silly...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't think the Federation needs it. I think each side should still have something unique and different to offer. The Feds already got the plasmonic leech and isometric charge, which IMO were the two good ones, anyway.

Right now the only thing my Fed toon is envious of are the nausicaan BOffs. I want a crew of pirates. I already got one from Tier 4 diplomacy, but I wish I could buy more of the diplo BOffs from Jiro Sugihara using dilithium. But I suppose that's not really a big deal.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    First off, technically the Assimilator is Gorn technology...second what console do you speak of the KDF that does the Picard maneuver?

The subspace jump console.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Orion_Syndicate

If you do a little reading you'll see "Since the depleted resources on their home world in the Rigel system can no longer sustain them, Melani D'ian starts to negotiate with the Breen and Klingons for assistance in 2388."

Which is a retcont. that is based on the Orion Syndicate = All Orions BS.

Seriously are all Italians in the Mafia, are all Russians in the Russian Mob, or are all Japanese Yukuza members becuase that's the logic I'm getting from this.
    When have you ever heard a Starfleet ship ever really referred to as a Battlecruiser?

The U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701, in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock :)
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Yay, now we have no logical reason to play KDF. Yippie!"
    If the only reason to play a faction is because they have a few unique console, there is something really wrong.

Believe it or not, I'm not playing Klingons for that. I play Klingon to see the klingon side of the story/event, because of the KHG ground armor set, and because I don't want to play fed.

No amount of consoles will make me play a faction I don't like. And if a game start to be that imbalanced, I'm going to leave.

Fortunately, it's just the aceton console. The plasmonic was much needed fed side on the other hand. It's pretty much mandatory as rom (including fed rom), and otherwise it's a very powerful console.
    Now, it could have been on a 1K zen Cstore ship fed side.

As for the fed having nothing and the KDF having everything : lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

I know right :D

Well on the bright side of things if the Devs hold true to the no more cross faction consoles in lock boxes the Feds will never get their hands on it, I mean the Devs never cave into the Fed Whine right :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    welcome to Cheeseville anyone want some whine?

Feds don't need assimilators, or battlecloaks or anything else. we have 10X the ships to choose from the build the best ship possible for any play style
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yet many see the Klingons as an all warrior chest thumping society. So why not take it on the word of the backstory written for STO that all Orions are the syndicate? It fits with the view of many of the races in the IP.

As to the OP statements, any weapon used on you while cloaked is devastating damage wise.
    Next time move.

As to the "Its only fair we share all technologies" mentality of some feds, remember that the equality of all technologies concept must go both ways to be truely fair.
    You have a lot more technological concepts, shuttles, ships and other such than we do. This could be a boon for the KDF to have some of your more fun toys.

Of course that would make the game completely boring since all abilities would exist on all sides.
    Yes, even the Romulans would have to be included. It would only be fair, and this idea technological equality is meant to fair.
    How pedantic STO would be if the only thing that really Separates the factions is the title of what faction you happen to belong to.

AA is one of our little flavors left to us just like everyone else has their own flavors. If you want to taste it, play KDF.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    If the only reason to play a faction is because they have a few unique console, there is something really wrong.

Faction diversity don't exists , that's what's really wrong. Great consoles is why I own every KDF Z-ship in the game. It's a unique playing style with them. Too bad the feds got 85% of them.
    Believe it or not, I'm not playing Klingons for that. I play Klingon to see the klingon side of the story/event, because of the KHG ground armor set, and because I don't want to play fed.

That's nice. Story and that other stuff is extremely limited. It just turns into feds mission with KDF toons after a short while... Just saying.
    No amount of consoles will make me play a faction I don't like. And if a game start to be that imbalanced, I'm going to leave.

Well I suggest you pack your bags. After the roms got here, the game is more imbalanced than ever. ...And you have no access to consoles from them as Fed/KFD toons. So yeah pack up...
    Fortunately, it's just the aceton console. The plasmonic was much needed fed side on the other hand. It's pretty much mandatory as rom (including fed rom), and otherwise it's a very powerful console.

Nonsense. The leech should have stayed on the KDF side only. Has nothing to do with balance. It was just "that console is good, the feds must have it." It was just greed. All it's ever been really... "but KDF ships have more power with it." Good, so play as KDF... Don't want to? Too bad and shut up. That's what should have happened...

Stop asking for anything from KDF. The federation has everything: More ships, more players, more support, more exclusive consoles, more attention, more whiners, more greed, etc. JUST STOP. :(
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *chuckles* Another one eh? Well here's some stuff I'm sure folks like the OP will ignore:

1. So you said an AA was laid down and a Fed's pets starting shooting at it. Then the moron who was letting that happen should know better and keep a closer on on his/her pets. Also, why didn't you move?

2. It critted. You posted that part of your combat log, it says 'critical' in it. That alone means that it was gonna do a lot more damage than normal. My own AAs do no more than 1k a hit if being shot, 2k or so if critted. Also, an AA that crits will auto-crit every single pulse of damage it puts out automatically. On top of that, it might've had some tac buffs on it as well.

3. It was Cryox. If anyone here PvPs, especially in Ker'rat, you already know who that is, and can probably stop reading here. To me, that alone explains enough.

4. You're wanting this nerfed or given to the Feds because of something involving PvP...weeeellll...as I so often hear, PvP doesn't matter, so, the whole point of wanting it is moot, and thus.../thread
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    khaldun1khaldun1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've said it before, I will say it again. You want acetons? Give us KDF the tachyon grid. *waits to hear the wailing and lament of all the cloaking fed roms' horror*
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nononononononononononononono. No.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014

^This.

I don't want to be able to use them on my Fed, just imagine the spam of them in cross faction queues. No just no.