What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Body scale options: adjustments/additions and side effects

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BTW, I find your signature banner to be... uh... distracting. ;)

:D
    i think that was the general idea :P
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That means it's working. :D
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Terran cats have six teats. Caitians have two TRIBBLE. The felinoid who was dancing in the bar in Paradise City back in the2380s had three TRIBBLE like it was Total Recall.

Cat teats are not exactly visible. So yeah, Cat based species should have either 3 pairs, or none visible.

As for humans, the no breast option would be a male human, since females (Barring accidents, genetic disease, self mutilation) got exactly two. No more no less. Anything else, and we may as well add another head to the human, for its not a human any more.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Cat teats are not exactly visible. So yeah, Cat based species should have either 3 pairs, or none visible.

As for humans, the no breast option would be a male human, since females (Barring accidents, genetic disease, self mutilation) got exactly two. No more no less. Anything else, and we may as well add another head to the human, for its not a human any more.

Conjoined Twins?

It would then be two... humans.

It would be interesting to explore our upright felinoid friends' origins. We know that humanoid species in the Star Trek Universe all share a common progenitor ancestry that seeded a genetic program into the primordial soup of most class M planets 4+ Billion years ago, that caused the humanoid plan form to be the most common form of life in the Milky Way. What we don't know is how variable that got. Does it apply to all mammals? Are we just talking primarily primates and bipedal felinoids are convergent evolution? Or are the Caitians, Ferasan, and Kzinti all humanoids like us that developed through a feline line of evolution but since they're primarily humanoids they still get two TRIBBLE?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    immaculateflaxenimmaculateflaxen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Something that's bothered me since I started playing was the Leg Bulk slider. It makes calves look the same size as your thighs or bigger depending on the angle... Maybe separating that slider into 2 sliders would be better, Thigh Bulk and Calf Bulk.
  • Options
    crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Something that's bothered me since I started playing was the Leg Bulk slider. It makes calves look the same size as your thighs or bigger depending on the angle... Maybe separating that slider into 2 sliders would be better, Thigh Bulk and Calf Bulk.

:) already done!

...that said, just FYI, it has to be a very small range because of the way the sliders multiply on each other. Hopefully it will still be sufficient to get the look you want, though.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We going to get the sliders to make this guy? :P

armus1.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    immaculateflaxenimmaculateflaxen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

...that said, just FYI, it has to be a very small range because of the way the sliders multiply on each other. Hopefully it will still be sufficient to get the look you want, though.

Awesome thanx! =D

I don't suppose it would be possible for aliens to get some tail options as well? lol
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Awesome tastic! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Before I celebrate this, will the maximum be back up to the old TOS skirt standard? Current legs are too damn skinny. Or will that be something that would be tied to body type templates later on?
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dang, really can't wait to see the new possibilities of the character customizations. How about pictures? Picture is worth 1000 words. :o:P
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014

Nice! :cool:

Since we're throwing around ideas here, how about a "parted lips" option for faces, at the very least, female ones?
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't suppose it would be possible for aliens to get some tail options as well? lol

Tails would be very cool! More customization options in the tailor are always a good thing :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Awesome thanx! =D

trelane87 wrote: »
    Tails would be very cool! More customization options in the tailor are always a good thing :D
    this

or if not, at the very least, i'd like to be able to use the various parts of premium species i've purchased on alien characters, provided they don't clip horribly

EDIT: oh, one other thing...the eyepatch from the klingon academy costume in the c-store...that needs to be made available for ferasans, because i really don't give a flying frack about noserings

pirates don't wear noserings, they wear eyepatches
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    warchild9962warchild9962 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What we REALLY, REALLY need are sliders with Numbers values that we can see!!! You have them for the Colors (A3, b2, C12, etc...). Have a number value at the end of each slider - This would allow us to pinpoint recreate our toons when making new costumes or for other reasons. Maybe we want to create a crew of Clones... Having values on each slider would allow us to match adjustments up without guessing. We could record the values of sliders we wish to replicate on other characters or species instead of guessing.

As for the Bust slider... Don't mess with it other than to again give numerical values so we can repeat or create receipies for creating that character we're looking for.
  • Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This should be top priority. A stinger for my bee and I would die a happy man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    What we REALLY, REALLY need are sliders with Numbers values that we can see!!! You have them for the Colors (A3, b2, C12, etc...). Have a number value at the end of each slider - This would allow us to pinpoint recreate our toons when making new costumes or for other reasons. Maybe we want to create a crew of Clones... Having values on each slider would allow us to match adjustments up without guessing. We could record the values of sliders we wish to replicate on other characters or species instead of guessing.

As for the Bust slider... Don't mess with it other than to again give numerical values so we can repeat or create receipies for creating that character we're looking for.

Please can we have a number box it would be very helpful.

Since all these changes are happening can we please get Nausicaan/Lethean females added to the KDF lineup, we have reman / tellerite females :D

And if its possible can we get the old style Gorn head added as an option also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Please can we have a number box it would be very helpful.

Since all these changes are happening can we please get Nausicaan/Lethean females added to the KDF lineup, we have reman / tellerite females :D

And if its possible can we get the old style Gorn head added as an option also.

And Gorn females too.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And Gorn females too.

Gorn females: yes.

However, Gorn females should be gigantic and have an optional rock-throwing trait.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    Personally, I think all Gorn should have the rock throwing trait as an option same as bite.

Didn't the Remans have superior soldier as part of their racial trait prior to s9?

PS female gorn why not someone might enjoy that , I wouldn't reroll an alt for it, but would for a vicious looking female Naussicaan. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nemofischnemofisch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it would be nice if you separate run/walk styles from stances. Currently stances have specific run/walk styles you can't change them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    More and better stance options are one of my top requests.
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Top of my list are "Muscle Definition" and "Muscle Mass" sliders.

Let people be able to create any body type they want from skinny and undefined on up to totally ripped bodybuilder. I'm sure this will be even more in demand considering that the new Summer Event is supposed to include Wet Suits and Swim Trunks for male characters this year.

I'd also like to see the Min/Max on the Neck Length slider for ALIENS increased on both ends. Kinda hard to make a Giraffe alien when I can't get the neck long enough lol. :P
  • Options
    poorpiratepoorpirate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would like to have more options for aliens. Maybe tails and other parts to create a even bigger spectrum of alien creatures.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aliens would greatly benefit from more facial features, like "No nose at all" or "other than two eyes" , or different number of fingers on their hands.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aliens would greatly benefit from more facial features, like "No nose at all" or "other than two eyes" , or different number of fingers on their hands.

"no mouth" would come in handy.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I have had the urge to create a Krillin myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Top of my list are "Muscle Definition" and "Muscle Mass" sliders

Or even alternate skin textures to have females with muscle definition and males without.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    "no mouth" would come in handy.
    only if you wanted to create a protoss...i can't think of any other aliens i've seen that don't have mouthes over the years of various sci-fi releases

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited May 2014
    only if you wanted to create a protoss...i can't think of any other aliens i've seen that don't have mouthes over the years of various sci-fi releases

You could make a really good Protoss with the Undine or Voth Armor sets. But I'm more thinking of:

mime.png

tumblr_lzpu6gFR2D1r9sua6o1_500.png

XCOM-EU_Sectoids.jpg