What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Body scale options: adjustments/additions and side effects

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Another preview with some new sliders :):

http://imgur.com/WkZWXOg

...and yes, all sliders (minus bust size) will be available for scaling male and female characters

Hopefully with this new one, alien gen characters will be even easier to customise.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    >>16734391
    >Badonkadonk

My sides ...

Why are you posting like this a chan board.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2014

...and yes, all sliders (minus bust size) will be available for scaling male and female characters

The "Neck Length" and "Neck Bulk" sliders have been moved to the "Body" tab, as opposed to the "Head" tab, as you showed in the previous screenshot. I always wondered why they were in the "Head" tab in the first place.

There are several new sliders: "Chest Size", "Ribs Size", "Waist Bulk", and "Badonkadonk". (I assume "Badonkadonk" won't be the final name.) Is this a UI mock-up only? I imagine the necessary back-end changes will take some time.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Oh, excellent. That looks like it should give us a lot more control over character customisation :cool:
    lol, that last slider. please let that go live :D

Agreed :D
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That last slider...

94180_ORIG-spiderman_i_like_where_this_is_going.jpg
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oi! They've figured a way to make the desired changes WITHOUT messing with anyone's existing costumes. This is what they're continuing to work on. I sympathize with those worried about their hundreds of costumes being altered, but it's not happening. So... Keep Calm and Trek On. ;)

I hope they can retroactively go back and add that in for the old faces.
    Like an "old head" option or something.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The new sliders are a welcome addition, any chance we could get some numeric values added to them to see those numbers of the slider postions?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Those are going to be great! And I have several characters that require additional badonkadonk.
    ...badonkadonk? what the hell is that?
    There are several varieties, here are a couple of my favorites:

Jelly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyYnnUcgeMc

Honky Tonk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The "Neck Length" and "Neck Bulk" sliders have been moved to the "Body" tab, as opposed to the "Head" tab, as you showed in the previous screenshot. I always wondered why they were in the "Head" tab in the first place.

Yeah, it also seems to work much better (more logically) with the randomize button when it is included in torso.

frtoaster wrote: »
    There are several new sliders: "Chest Size", "Ribs Size", "Waist Bulk", and "Badonkadonk". (I assume "Badonkadonk" won't be the final name.) Is this a UI mock-up only? I imagine the necessary back-end changes will take some time.

That's a shot from my monitor - all already in and working on my machine :)

And Badonkadonk will be named "Hips Depth" - just couldn't resist.
    edited May 2014

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. :cool:
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On-off topic:

Do the Interface guys plan to finally get rid of both precreated head and hairstyle columns at the Tailor?

Now with so many Tailor unlocks both columns do get more and more annoying. When I zoom in, a lot of my characters is covert with those two columns.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On-off topic:

Do the Interface guys plan to finally get rid of both precreated head and hairstyle columns at the Tailor?

Now with so many Tailor unlocks both columns do get more and more annoying. When I zoom in, a lot of my characters is covert with those two columns.
    I would love to get rid of those pre-created head/hairstyle columns, too. Possibly just have an option to turn them on/off (on being default, is fine).

At the very lease, I wish the column in the middle were moved to the side. I hate when I move my mouse from the sliders menu to hover over my toon (to turn/zoom in/out) and my toon abruptly changes as I pass over that center column. Ugh!

(That was especially horrible right after the launch of LoR, because if the precon accidentally got applied there was no Undo button. Fortunately, with the return of Undo, damage can be undone, but it's still a pain in the backside.)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited May 2014
    Where's Orangitis? He would appreciate this thread.
    edited May 2014
    I would love to get rid of those pre-created head/hairstyle columns, too. Possibly just have an option to turn them on/off (on being default, is fine).

At the very lease, I wish the column in the middle were moved to the side. I hate when I move my mouse from the sliders menu to hover over my toon (to turn/zoom in/out) and my toon abruptly changes as I pass over that center column. Ugh!

(That was especially horrible right after the launch of LoR, because if the precon accidentally got applied there was no Undo button. Fortunately, with the return of Undo, damage can be undone, but it's still a pain in the backside.)

Thx for the support. I asked about this a couple of times while they did the Tailor changes over the last few month but never received a yes or no or stf. .
    edited May 2014
    Where's Orangitis? He would appreciate this thread.

I have serious problems saying his name. It always ends up as OrangeTi.. You know what I mean
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nice new sliders. Keep it up. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please, don't alter my current characters appearance. I don't want to spend an hour remaking her.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That's a lot sooner than I expected. I guess this was already in the works before you started this thread.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    out of curiosity, will this new changes maybe fix the skirt issue? which results in women having a rather weird "gap" appear out of nowhere between their thighs if you use any skirt that aren't the TOS ones(the TOS mirror one used to be safe from it as well, but no longer for some time i think).

i know you guys apparently do this to avoid clipping but, will these changes, which also involve the legs, maybe make this unnecessary?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it also seems to work much better (more logically) with the randomize button when it is included in torso.

If you ever need a dev pseudonym, I hereby nominate Rear Admiral Mixalot for consideration.
    edited May 2014
    If you ever need a dev pseudonym, I hereby nominate Rear Admiral Mixalot for consideration.

That's SIR Rear Admiral Mixalot to you! :D
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yeah an option to turn them off would be very appreciated.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe my english is not that good to explaim my self.

What I am trying to said, is that the system in wiach you can change the height also by changing the torso or legs length is very usefull.

I agree with you that the UI should tell us how mach height our character have.

I used know NPCs that were played by know actors to messure it. For example Leeta was played by real acrtress Chase Masterson, whos is Height: 5' 7" (1,7 m)

I know is probably that the Devs not even take that in to consideration, but I am a canon freeky, so Leeta in the STO canon messure 1,7 m.

Same goes with Worf, Tuvok, Scotty, etc...

Is not close to be exact at all, and yes, I agree with you that the Tailor should tell us the exact Height of our characters.

Again, sorry for bad english.

Crypticjoejing inform us yesteday that they are going to keep working on more options with out changing our current characters, so there is a win/win for all the STO players.
    No one is disagreeing with that.

I fully support the Badonkadonk err...hip depth slider :D

So you guys are further along that you let on, you sly devs. These options are needed and highly welcomed. Season 9 is progressing nicely. :)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dew to theses changes will species like caitian , Klingons and liberated borg have the same scale slide adjustment like alien have? for example i wanna make a 8 foot human or a Klingon wee man and the only way possible is threw using the alien slider witch only alien characters would have.

Now most response would be just make an alien but the problem is with that is that aliens don't come with all the traits that some specific species come with like libarated borg or caitian and other c-store species.

Main reasons why im asking for an option like this because i hate the restriction it have telling me what my characters max size would be [i can only be this short my neck bulk can only be this thin} while aliens can be what ever size they want :(.

Ok i feel like im ranting now:rolleyes: so if these changes could be made without TRIBBLE anything up like npc or other people who like how there characters turn out plz do it :) it would be so awesome remove the restrictions of the slider. if you cant :( well tried and the only request i have is can you plz tweak the head overall size,neck bulk and arm length to be a little smaller humans and libarated borgs if that possible.

Crypticjoejing have to say. A really kick TRIBBLE job BADONKADONKS!!!!!!!!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Oh please. Please let that go live at least to Tribble first. I'll love you forever.
    "Hips Depth"

Could you have possibly picked a more suggestive name for that slider.

I think not.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    So you guys are further along that you let on, you sly devs.

He's trying to pull a Scotty on us :eek:
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also, 'bonkadonk' - keep that in the game, please, it did make me laugh. LOL. :D:D:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    Keep the names on the preview sliders. Please :D

I'm really looking forward to trying these options on tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On-off topic:

Seconded.

Make it removable, or move both to the left or the right side.

I am really not sure what the rationale for the current ordering would be.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    daboholic wrote: »
    He's trying to pull a Scotty on us :eek:
    So, they want a reputation as a miracle worker.

Well if they can pull off granting more options without stomping all over people's desires to not have to go back in and retweak every single character they have, they'll have proved that they are, inflated numbers or not.
    On-off topic:

Oh yes please.

They are deeply aggravating. I don't use them as I'd rather get it from the drop down, and frankly they get in the way more often than not. They may be useful in the initial creation, but after that, they're redundant. I would support being able to toggle the columns as long as the system remembered my choice so I wouldn't have to turn them off every time I went into the tailor.

And y'know....I'd like to speak on another subject. Can we please have a vertical scroll?

It's a pain in the tail trying to do color details on the lower half of the toons when zoom, zooms you in to the top half and eventually the face. What if I want to focus on shoes? Or even more prevalent hands and wrists. Especially with having the kit options now, I want to get in close and make sure I have colors matched.

And while I'm speaking on this, are there any plans to put a true black into the color schemes? Especially with hair. I know you don't want actual black for eye colors as that's specific to Betazoids, but the current dark brown ain't cuttin it. But black hair with no tints of blue or brown that's normal from Humans, to Vulcans, to Orions especially. Heck I feel that most of the uniforms need a darker black to them as well.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"