test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: PvP Discussion about queue changes for Season 9

Comments

• cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Anyways, if the whole logic is to allow friends to play together in pugs, why even stop at 2?

Because 2 offers a good compromise beatuine a balance game and be able to have 2 friends having a mach together.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited March 2014
    Because 2 offers a good compromise beatuine a balance game and be able to have 2 friends having a mach together.

That logic confuses me.

What if 4 friends want to play together. They aren't a premade... But now they can't play together unless they queue up to face premades teams?

So now we are bringing something into thought based on how many friends players have and how many we think is appropriate to team with?
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    edit: Found it on reddit... http://i.imgur.com/9jLwZHt.jpg
    This combined with the reputation version of the [Adapt] modifier... will ships always die with full shields then?

With Cryptic it's always one step back and then two steps back again.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    This combined with the reputation version of the [Adapt] modifier... will ships always die with full shields then?

With Cryptic it's always one step back and then two steps back again.

So much for not wanting power creep in there game right. lol

I will also say for 2s I was look cool more photon +s... then thought oh wait hold on... this will stack wit the Dyson +photon dmg and crit chance won't it. lol

So Experimental + Phaser DHC + Unidne torp + Grav Photon
    Heavy Phaser Turret

Throw on Undine + Dyson console

Boom +25 photon +23 photon console +3% more crth +10% crit chance on photons and another +10% CrtD

I don't know that seems like a lot of photon +s that are really easy to combo up.

Heck on a Tvaro torp boat you could just run all the photons in the front... and put the experimental in the back and forget about it. Don't need the Heavy turret to get the +photon in the undine set so just run the console + torp. I do raise an eyebrow that back to back reps boost the exact same torp and so easily. If they had at least made one a quantum or something there wouldn't be the synergy... all well I'm looking forward to criting people with 90k photons so they can go wtf. silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    5x PUG Scimitars completely unaware there is anybody else there...with the 4pc bonus from the Counter-Command weapon set counters out your 2x skilled guys in Scimitars. Meh, I lost the link...should have bookmarked them, bah.

edit: Found it on reddit... http://i.imgur.com/9jLwZHt.jpg

What is this devilry?!

I've got a bad feeling about this.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »
    The guys who whine about premades today will always find something to complain about, no matter what you change. They find fault in everything that inconveniences them in the slightest, not realizing the real fault lies in their attitude. You can see it everywhere in this thread.

Couldn't have been said any better :)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So much for not wanting power creep in there game right. lol

I will also say for 2s I was look cool more photon +s... then thought oh wait hold on... this will stack wit the Dyson +photon dmg and crit chance won't it. lol

So Experimental + Phaser DHC + Unidne torp + Grav Photon
    Heavy Phaser Turret

Throw on Undine + Dyson console

Boom +25 photon +23 photon console +3% more crth +10% crit chance on photons and another +10% CrtD

I don't know that seems like a lot of photon +s that are really easy to combo up.

Heck on a Tvaro torp boat you could just run all the photons in the front... and put the experimental in the back and forget about it. Don't need the Heavy turret to get the +photon in the undine set so just run the console + torp. I do raise an eyebrow that back to back reps boost the exact same torp and so easily. If they had at least made one a quantum or something there wouldn't be the synergy... all well I'm looking forward to criting people with 90k photons so they can go wtf. silly.

I posted this in another thread...
    2pc T'varo: +10% non-base Projectile Damage
    2pc KHG: +25% base Torpedo Damage
    2pc Protonic: +22.9% base Photon Damage
    2pc Undie Secondary: +25% base Photon Damage
    4x ATVx Photon: +127.6% base Photon Damage
    T2 Omega Omega Weapon Training: +10% non-base All Damage
    T4 Nukara Auxiliary Power Configuration - Offense: +37.5% base All Damage
    Cloaked Firing: +15% non-base All Damage

That's...

+238% base Damage
    +35% non-base Damage

While running a combination of BFW (Disruptor) Torps, BFW (Radiation) Torps, Grav (Rift) Torps...

That's without buffs/debuffs, without looking at CrtD/CrtH, etc, etc, etc. That +35% non-base Damage alone is buffing the +238% base Damage to be +321.3% base Damage...much less all the other base Damage modifiers (and base Damage itself) that it's modifying - as well as any other non-base Damage modifiers that are modifying that +238%...with that all being modified by Weapon Buffs and then Critical Severity.

...and that's not including the +49.5% base Projectile Damage from 9 Projectile Weapons nor the +49.5% base Weapon Damage from 9 Weapon Training. It's not including the ~127% base Damage coming from them being Mk XII Very Rare.

And like you said, you could mount the Experimental Proton aft and never worry about it - while picking up some additional +CrtD for the Photons.

And well...yeah, it's what I'm trying to dork around with Willard over on Tribble with at the moment. Just so tedious grinding C-C Rep.

Course, Willard's a Sci - so he'll be looking at the Scan/SNB combo - while a Tac, well - doing the APA and riding the GDF thing.

I'm just looking at them...

There's the old BFW from Mind Game which can kill crew faster. There's the new BFW from Mind Game with the Disruptor proc. There's the Rep Store BFWs...there's the Enhanced BFW...there's the Grav Photon. It's a Photon Party! There's even BFW Mines for those that want that dance. Grav Rifts, Disruptor Procs, Chron Procs, Radiation...wheeee!

Er...babble on my part - er - topic - queues...could you imagine the amount of complaining that would take place from folks with some of the new toys from a coordinated group instead of the mess it's going to be with a regular ol' group?
    edited March 2014
    Yep its still shocking to me that we can see these issues but they can't... People think the Phasic torp boats where a bit annoying when those where first buffed. Wait until they die fully shielded when I pelt them with 100k torp spreads.

I mean I would have been one of the first to say photon needed a buff.. it was the weakest of the torpedo types for a long time. Even with the 6s fire rates. It is starting to get a bit over the top on what you can boost photons up to though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IMHO what this game needs is a T2-3 type of PVP PUG arena for the "casual" players , and perhaps more of what has been suggested here .

Because , even with mixed queues and nerfed Rep , most of you will still have the leg up in terms of keybinds , Doffs , Reps , Lockbox / Fleet / C-Store ships and cheese consoles .

Note that I'm not pointing fingers .
    I'm simply refusing to see this "improvement" and the Rep nerf as anything other then band-aids on the Vet's VS New Blood problem that most of you recognise (and have discussed to death) .

At best , this change will bring on the 'luck of the draw' , and at worst you'll have AFK-ers "discover" PVP .

I also know that most of you would not be happy to give up your finely tuned builds for a simplistic 4-6 powers alone type of gameplay .
    But that same 4-6 powers gameplay is all that a newbie has known before he reached Level 50 ... and even at that he's not likely to be very good ... (as killing 3-5 mobs of NPC's does not quite prep you for analytical thinking) .

I don't want to condemn this change out of the gate , but I don't think it's the Miracle Cure to PVP either . :)
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That logic confuses me.

What if 4 friends want to play together. They aren't a premade... But now they can't play together unless they queue up to face premades teams?

So now we are bringing something into thought based on how many friends players have and how many we think is appropriate to team with?

No no.. I agree with you. I have 5 friends that like to play PVP, we lossed even with pugs but we play it to learn and for the fun.

But hell.. the alternative of playing alone is really bad, at least we can play with at least one friend now.

Dont get me wrong, I dont like the changes, but the alternative of not be able to play with a friend just for the fun is even worst.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    everyone seen these yet? http://imgur.com/a/yqzct

pretty much rewrites the rules again. stuff like this is why i dont even try to keep my build thread up to date anymore, just to many crazy items and builds you could make with them
    edited March 2014
    The 4pc Weapon Set - anybody else notice that a 4th piece is missing from the projects?

Where's the...Console - Tactical - Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay?

edit: Ugh, I so what to speculate on where we're going to find that console...
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sad how more and more people are seeing these upcoming changes thats its enough to make people who've played from beta to say they're done with the game : / I might end up being one of them
  • legiqnairelegiqnaire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    sad how more and more people are seeing these upcoming changes thats its enough to make people who've played from beta to say they're done with the game : / I might end up being one of them

It's a house of cards, brudda. All this game has is it's player base. Once that fails, and the key players start leaving, it's all going to come down around us. It already has sadly, and a lot of good fleets are going under because of the drama associated with it all. Turning friends against one another, and causing rivalries to start. All we can do is play the game until it dies, and move onto something fresh and new. Hopefully the devs will realize that there is a cancer in the game and work quickly to change it before it's too late. I like this game a lot, and even after all the drama and stuff that's happened, I'm finding ways to hang on. My friends, being the most prevalent.

I love ya, buddy. We've been friends for a long time, I'd honestly hate to see another friend leave the game. I urge you to reconsider, although I understand completely why it's becoming a struggle to stay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The 4pc Weapon Set - anybody else notice that a 4th piece is missing from the projects?

Where's the...Console - Tactical - Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay?

edit: Ugh, I so what to speculate on where we're going to find that console...

Guaranteed one of the following three

1. Lobi Store
    2. Lockbox
    3. C-store 2500 Zen ship

Personally, I reckon its gonna be 1
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited March 2014
    Guaranteed one of the following three

1. Lobi Store
    2. Lockbox
    3. C-store 2500 Zen ship

Personally, I reckon its gonna be 1

You know, I was thinking #1 or #2...somebody suggested in another thread it could be #4 (just a T5 reward); but I think that unlikely. Could be #5, a reward from some S9 mission. But that #3 got me thinking...S9 Accord and stuff; what if it was a case of them introducing crossfaction Zen ships? Course, it could even be #6 - tied into a Fleet holding tied into it all. But #3 really got me thinking, based on the whole Accord thing...but it could be all sorts of things.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014

pretty much rewrites the rules again. stuff like this is why i dont even try to keep my build thread up to date anymore, just to many crazy items and builds you could make with them

A direct result of a chinese p2w mmo model. Pump out as much as possible TRIBBLE to keep players grinding!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    A direct result of a chinese p2w mmo model. Pump out as much as possible TRIBBLE to keep players grinding!

it works so why not?If you ask me it works even better because people grind but also have more money.

Now excuse me ,I have to go order some chinese food for the breaks I take between PvE grinds. :rolleyes:
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know, I was thinking #1 or #2...somebody suggested in another thread it could be #4 (just a T5 reward); but I think that unlikely. Could be #5, a reward from some S9 mission. But that #3 got me thinking...S9 Accord and stuff; what if it was a case of them introducing crossfaction Zen ships? Course, it could even be #6 - tied into a Fleet holding tied into it all. But #3 really got me thinking, based on the whole Accord thing...but it could be all sorts of things.

Makes perfect sense. New Cstore 3 pack one ship per faction 2,500 zen or 5,000 zen for all 3 factions. Ship will come with that console plus at T? of the new holding you can upgrade it to a fleet ship quality!!

Gotta stuff those holdings with something, like the +1 reputation trait slot i'd bet 100USD will be in the new holding.

Ugh.
    edited March 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense. New Cstore 3 pack one ship per faction 2,500 zen or 5,000 zen for all 3 factions. Ship will come with that console plus at T? of the new holding you can upgrade it to a fleet ship quality!!

Gotta stuff those holdings with something, like the +1 reputation trait slot i'd bet 100USD will be in the new holding.

Ugh.

Heh, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a 3pack - but that would be a way to go to. I was just thinking a single shared ship...but a 3pack of "factionalized" shared technology...yeah, could see them doing that as well. Hell, to be honest - could see them doing the 3x 3packs - the 9pack again, like they did with the DSDs.

Cause, we can't forget - the USS Gold was hanging out there with the (fudge, forgot the name of the other sphere already) - all that new info - the Accord...

...yep, so much speculation because of a 4th piece to a 4pc set. But c'mon, look at that 4pc bonus - how could there not be oodles of speculation?

And again, it's going to tie into how the queues are split...imho.

It's like the 2x BO (nerf/tweak) thing. They did something because they knew a whole bunch of worse stuff was coming. Lol, it's like the Rep Passive/Trait thing - they're doing something because they know a bunch of worse stuff is coming.

Proactive tweaking/nerfing to introduce even more power...

...is the RvB/Team thing just Cryptic realizing that if they hadn't done something like this, that with the rest of what they're doing they would have completely killed of PvP? And as somebody begins to wag their finger at Cryptic for that, well, I'd say - at least it shows they're still conflicted about whether to kill it off or not. :P
  • ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I had not seen that.... not surprised though. if cryptic ever gives torps more shield pen, a photon build will be truly devestating, between this torp set and the gravimetric set damage boost.

Derrick - Fed Eng
    edited March 2014
    ehrlehn wrote: »
    I had not seen that.... not surprised though. if cryptic ever gives torps more shield pen, a photon build will be truly devestating, between this torp set and the gravimetric set damage boost.

Enhanced Shield Penetration should affect Projectiles...right? :D
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I say good, bring on the changes. At least it will help against pugstomping from troll fleets such as Stonewall.
    Fleets like that who ruin it for casual players and people who simply dont have many PvP friends.
    edited March 2014
    deokkent wrote: »

Hrmmm, that thread made me think I post too much.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Heh, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a 3pack - but that would be a way to go to. I was just thinking a single shared ship...but a 3pack of "factionalized" shared technology...yeah, could see them doing that as well. Hell, to be honest - could see them doing the 3x 3packs - the 9pack again, like they did with the DSDs.

Nah they can't do a 9 pack cause then the ships would be fleet quality already and they'd having nothing to shove into the new holding. Plus I bet they are still want to know if they get more 3pk sales with 3 of the same faction ship (oddy etc) or with 3 one foir each faction.

Granted, they could do a 9 pack but I doubt that. Could also be like the obliesk where you gotta get the lobi version of the ship that we will get a non fleet version of from the next FE depending on how successful that model was.
  • gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Are they going a little overboard with this stuff? Just the complexity of the new Undine space sets bonus makes me think "how could this not be bugged?" Lets see, with my complete undine space sets plus my six doffs, plus my four space reputation powers, I could have 24 (used as example may be more or less) different things happening? Plus the BO powers plus plus plus.

At this point it feels like so much TRIBBLE is getting piled on top of more TRIBBLE to try to keep the game moving forward? At what point can it all stop? Will we see ships with 75% crit chance with 300% crit severity with GCD on all BO abilites and 200% defense yada yada yada?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are they going a little overboard with this stuff? Just the complexity of the new Undine space sets bonus makes me think "how could this not be bugged?" Lets see, with my complete undine space sets plus my six doffs, plus my four space reputation powers, I could have 24 (used as example may be more or less) different things happening? Plus the BO powers plus plus plus.

At this point it feels like so much TRIBBLE is getting piled on top of more TRIBBLE to try to keep the game moving forward? At what point can it all stop? Will we see ships with 75% crit chance with 300% crit severity with GCD on all BO abilites and 200% defense yada yada yada?

No, don't worry, they'll cut power creep short hard - you've already seen the reputation changes, right?

Yeah, okay.... 1 step forward, 4 backward. At some time, there will be an overflow and we'll be back in perfect balance territory.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Getting at least 2 pieces of the Counter Command Ordnance Set is probably a must have for anyone who uses phaser/disruptors, especially for the heavy turret which also brings a new proc to the roster. The rest though doesn't seem to be necessarily better than what we already have access to. The space gear pieces have some nice adds like +defence/+acc/+inertia, but the set bonuses seem rather lackluster ... or maybe I'm missing something here? :confused:
    edited March 2014
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Getting at least 2 pieces of the Counter Command Ordnance Set is probably a must have for anyone who uses phaser/disruptors, especially for the heavy turret which also brings a new proc to the roster. The rest though doesn't seem to be necessarily better than what we already have access to. The space gear pieces have some nice adds like +defence/+acc/+inertia, but the set bonuses seem rather lackluster ... or maybe I'm missing something here? :confused:

Looks to me like the set is sort of like an updated Aegis... Cov shield Hyper engine... +10% defense with some Acc bonuses over the Aegis.

I could see myself running the Deflector and Engine perhaps... I'll have to compare them to my aegis set. Accept the new one has a few dmg boosts (energy projectile and particle gen on the deflector). Also looks like engine is the only engine to give a direct boost to inertia. Might be an interesting escort 2 piece set.

I love my aegis on my escorts right now.... might be a half decent upgrade. Doubt the covarent will be worth it but who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]