test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #5: Changes to Reputation Powers

Comments

• vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is classic. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1072931

So, Cryptic drop passive skills 50% basically limiting and capping casual players and veteran players. Now they are Nerfing what buff they said they would do for cutting passive skills usage 50%. They are Nerfing the Nerf.

All you supporters of this 4/4/4. I'm willing to beat Cryptic will Nerf something else in the name of power creep. Basically, drop all the passive skills to the pre-new reputation system level.
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol, the powers are getting pared down. So much for the 8 dimes from 16 nickels.:rolleyes:
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So wait, I'm not sure I really follow the path of your commentary here.

You're saying that the Changes to the Reputation Powers being tested on Tribble right now are part of Cryptic having to push Arc on its playerbase to curb cheating. But that cheating isn't curbed because posters from the builds sub-forum are upset about A2B and Dulmur DOFFs and are using the devs to cyber bully the rest of the players by getting Spire Consoles and A2B builds nerfed?

If that's the case, then wow, this whole thing is far more insidious than I ever imagined.

XD sry, I got in a rush and had to get back to work. I guess it did get a bit jumbled there.

Lets try that again...
    Ok, Arc is designed to not only become a massive billboard experience....as if we didnt get enough commercials in life! But its designed to mainly and purposely (as they said) seek out gold sellers and people who cheat! By monitoring your pc activities, going so far as to taking on administrative permissions on your pc, enough to gain access to your password and view your ingame screen. All of a sudden they are going Gestapo on us about finding people who take shortcuts one way...yet they help others take short cuts another. i think they go way too far, and overstep what is acceptable and honest. To take on that big of a play on its customers made me really suspicious of their real intent, we have been fooled before...I never forget any of it!

The other issue, and this goes along with the subject of this thread; im not going to use nerf as that doesn't even describe this anymore...steal/diminish/destroy...close enough..
    They sell items and services to people who are willing to pay real money, not in game credits for certain advantages...dilithum, keys, ships and their console abilities....it is offered to enhance the experience and abilities to help them gain an advantage in one form or another, it was sold to em, once they collect the money for it, it should be a done deal, but no.. Spiteful, and what seem to be hatefully selfcentered people who apparently cant afford or want to buy the said items, think its their duty to stop (the customers, who paid you the money pwe! Hard earned cash, in a tough economy for many.) Cry about the advantage it gives them...so buy your own like they did and hush! I feel, "who do you think you are?" I mean really, mind your own business, im sure you have things on your own plate that need your attention, so leave people alone to enjoy the goods and services they bought! You come off as nothing but bullys, using pwe/cryptic to hurt others that have something you do not, its wrong and i cant stand seeing sneaky cyber bullys and vandals get their way.

On that note, the upcoming changes to appease the newly leveled toons and others who didnt put up the time/effort/mats to grind out the passives....get your toons out there like everyone else, we all started at the beginning, you can complete this too just as we did. To advance in an mmo takes time and mats and work, youcant just start taking back everyones hard work because the ones who arent there yet say its not fair. Look, no one needed to hold our hands...we got out there and toughed out the lousy grind, we deserve to enjoy it! Running to pwe/cryptic and telling them to steal abilities and stuff they bought or earned, is wrong and you need to be called on for it! They do not need to be changed, if you add in another, we will most likely grind it too. But dont take back what we worked hard for, its hard enough to buy something then have it nerfed (false advertising - buy a new car and then take back the reason we bought it in the first place) its dishonest, I guess i could add in a Ferengi joke from TNG "let the buyer be are" but we shouldnt have to worry about what we buy from you being damaged or removed, we should be able to trust you to keep your side of the transaction and guarantee all your goods and services...not listen to whiny "Ferengi Cryers" who didnt offer you profit or time played in game to achieve said goals.

Using the company to take from other players is another form of cheating, it diminishes and eliminates their competition...its underhanded.

Let me know if this makes anymore sense, if not ask away, but this was mostly meant for cryptic/PWE
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol, the powers are getting pared down. So much for the 8 dimes from 16 nickels.:rolleyes:

Cryptic devs lying to us, what a surprise . Wow! :rolleyes:

Just gives us 8 slots. If you are going to scrap the idea of buffing the powers, give us back our slots! Because this is now starting to get into the trolling the players category.

Devs trollface me? My wallet trollfaces them. :mad:
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Cryptic devs lying to us, what a surprise . Wow! :rolleyes:

Just gives us 8 slots. If you are going to scrap the idea of buffing the powers, give us back our slots! Because this is now starting to get into the trolling the players category.

Devs trollface me? My wallet trollfaces them. :mad:

Do you know why the powers got nerfed? Because of people like you! "Oh, it's still too powerful, we can still shoot people just as fast and strong!" And what happens? They nerfed it. Next time, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    edited April 2014
    Do you know why the powers got nerfed? Because of people like you! "Oh, it's still too powerful, we can still shoot people just as fast and strong!" And what happens? They nerfed it. Next time, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

This is not a gift horse. This is more like a gift dead possum that has been rotting on the road for a week after a truck hit it.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited April 2014
    This is not a gift horse. This is more like a gift dead possum that has been rotting on the road for a week after a truck hit it.
    Yes, all these dev shenanigans are caused by the same kinds of players as this guy. They take the devs words at face value and believe everything they shovel out.

"These aren't nerfs cause the devs said so!"

Meanwhile the nerfs keep on coming.

/shakes head :rolleyes:

edited April 2014
    Yes, all these dev shenanigans are caused by the same kinds of players as this guy. They take the devs words at face value and believe everything they shovel out.

"These aren't nerfs cause the devs said so!"

Meanwhile the nerfs keep on coming.

/shakes head :rolleyes:

For the record, I never said anything about the rep powers back then. And I rather listen to Cryptic than the mad gods of DPS. There's more to the game than steamrolling the opposition.
    edited April 2014
    For the record, I never said anything about the rep powers back then. And I rather listen to Cryptic than the mad gods of DPS. There's more to the game than steamrolling the opposition.
    Obi Dev Kenobi: These aren't the nerfs you're looking for. /waves hand

gofasternow: These aren't the nerfs we're looking for.

Obi Dev Kenobi: You can go about your business. /waves hand

gofasternow: We can go about our business.

Obi Dev Kenobi: Move along. /waves hand

gofasternow: Move along, move along. /oblivious

:D

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Love it! Hey is your shark avatar a screen shot of season 10?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited April 2014
    Love it! Hey is your shark avatar a screen shot of season 10?
    Yes, say no to Arc, say yes to sharks!

edited April 2014

And when season 9 hits!

Damn! Those were the nerfs we were looking for!
    edited April 2014
    And when season 9 hits!

Damn! Those were the nerfs we were looking for!

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Right now, I don't care anymore. I'll play it my way and you yours. Just keep the complaints down. It's getting downright annoying.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Right now, I don't care anymore. I'll play it my way and you yours. Just keep the complaints down. It's getting downright annoying.

You do not order me around.

We need to complain harder until the devs at least get willing to do a compromise and gives more than 4 slots.
    edited April 2014

Hold up. We have the right to say what we want. This revamp sucks. Cryptic should go with the alternative 8/8/4 but they clearly say no. Of course they continue to ignore players.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hold up. We have the right to say what we want. This revamp sucks for some people. Cryptic should go with the alternative 8/8/4 but they clearly say no. Of course they continue to ignore players.
    Corrected that for you... Don't make the mistake in trying to speak for every single player of this game, you'll make yourself look extremely foolish.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is classic. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1072931

So, Cryptic drop passive skills 50% basically limiting and capping casual players and veteran players. Now they are Nerfing what buff they said they would do for cutting passive skills usage 50%. They are Nerfing the Nerf.

All you supporters of this 4/4/4. I'm willing to beat Cryptic will Nerf something else in the name of power creep. Basically, drop all the passive skills to the pre-new reputation system level.

Dead link is dead... care to post a real one?
    edited April 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Dead link is dead... care to post a real one?

That's odd. The link changed.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1072931
    Nukara Reputation:

Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields Mk XII:
    Tetryon and Radiation Resistance reduced from 20% to 10%.
    Added 10% Resistance to All Energy.
    Nukara Space Set 2pc Bonus:
    Weapons Stabilizers
    Added a passive +2.5% All Weapon Damage bonus.
    This bonus is disabled when Weapon Stabilizers go offline
    Auxiliary Power Configuration – Offense
    Damage increase now only affects Weapons, instead of All Damage.
    Changed damage bonus calculation to apply after class/gear modifiers .
    This makes the tooltip % appear smaller, but has a more predictable effect in the end that is approximately the same as the previous increase.
    Increased maximum Accuracy bonus from 3% to 5% at 100 Aux.
    Auxiliary Power Configuration – Defense
    Increased Damage Resistance Rating from +10 to +20 at 100 Aux.
    All Tier Upgrade projects now have the correct completion timers of 5 seconds.

8472 Counter Command Reputation:

Nanoprobe Feedback:
    No longer has double chance to trigger vs. Antiproton Damage.
    Now deals 200% damage to Undine on a successful Reflect.
    May now trigger max once per 5 seconds, instead of once per 10 seconds.
    Nanoprobe Field Generator:
    No longer has a double chance to trigger vs. Antiproton Damage.
    Now has a double chance to trigger only vs. Undine.
    The UI and art for the new 8472 Counter Command reputation has been implemented.
    There are still a few sections that are a work in progress.
    Added Mk XII Space Cannons to the text list of Store Unlocks for achieving Tier IV Unlock
    Removed reference to unlocking Cannon weapons at Tier V.
    These are unlocked at Tier IV.
    Added reference to unlocking Kits.
    Changed all references of "Kit Bags" to "Kit Frames".

So basically nerfing the nerf.
    edited April 2014
    That's odd. The link changed.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1072931

So basically nerfing the nerf.

We herd ya like nerfs so we put nerfs on your nerfs! :rolleyes: The Cryptic dev team, with Luv!
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You do not order me around.

We need to complain harder until the devs at least get willing to do a compromise and gives more than 4 slots.

Repeat after me: "In my opinion".
    giphy.gif
    edited April 2014
    Repeat after me: "In my opinion".

Repeat with me : This is not a nerf, this I know, for Cryptic tells me so!

It helps if you concentrate on ignoring all evidence to the contrary.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Repeat with me : This is not a nerf, this I know, for Cryptic tells me so!

It helps if you concentrate on ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

Whether I agree with you or not, its still an opinion.

And I do actually agree with you. In my opinion, (see what I did there?) it is a nerf. They weren't ever gonna keep a passive at +30%-odd damage, even before everyone whining about it being a nega-nerf pointed it out to the devs. They were DEFINITELY going to change that after.

Basically: say what your opinion is, which you have. But saying the SAME THING OVER AND OVER will get no one nowhere.

In my opinion, obviously ;-)

And I admit, I've been replying the same thing over and over. So I'm a bit of a hypocrite. But you know.
    giphy.gif
    edited April 2014
    We herd ya like nerfs so we put nerfs on your nerfs! :rolleyes: The Cryptic dev team, with Luv!

Lol. I like. Cryptic is like McDonalds. Bad food but heck sale for cheap and make a TRIBBLE load of $$$.

I think Cryptic got some business lessons from McDonalds. Season 10 revamped skill tree minus half the skills.
    edited April 2014
    I'm sorry. I mean no offense, but whenever it is a nerf or not is mathematical fact which can be evaluated by equotations that don't give a calculator about what we think.

The opinion part is, if you like it or not. That's purely your opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Also, I think that is very mean to McDonalds. They put out decent quality food, even if it is expensive (at least where I live, I have been to places where it was almost not edible), and they do not halve the burgers and tell me its more.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sry, but someone had to speak up about things or they would have never been said, and pwe/cryptic would think everything was fine. Since im not using arc, my time will eventually up so its best it was me to speak up and take the flack.

But there is still that small glimmer of hope, that someone from the company will read this and say, "darn it! These people are counting on us to give them the ultimate STAR TREK gaming experience...our reputations are on the line people, lets earn those (best game of the year) votes, our players gave us!!" Then bugs would get fixed, nerfs would be un-nerfed, and content would resemble star trek again...

Then there would be cheers and fist raising roars from...US! Money, customers and good press would come flooding in...and my Caitians would have a stable home once more! =^.^=
  • forumnamealphaforumnamealpha Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All this QQ is hilarious! This is actually a positive change and it gives players more flexibility in both PvP AND PvE. A few quick changes outside of combat and you can change your role pretty much and I can say that I'm definitely a fan.

The only thing that i'm even remotely wary of is the Tier 4 romulan trait... 4 second weapons offline on next crit with no apparent lockout time? Uhmm
    edited April 2014
    All this QQ is hilarious! This is actually a positive change and it gives players more flexibility in both PvP AND PvE. A few quick changes outside of combat and you can change your role pretty much and I can say that I'm definitely a fan.

The only thing that i'm even remotely wary of is the Tier 4 romulan trait... 4 second weapons offline on next crit with no apparent lockout time? Uhmm

Why would you ever need to change your role in this game? You wont need to do that until they add a Captain Re-Profession token that lets your engineer become a scientist.
  • forumnamealphaforumnamealpha Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why would you ever need to change your role in this game? You wont need to do that until they add a Captain Re-Profession token that lets your engineer become a scientist.

Running a cruiser with a tankier setup and get into an STF to find 4 other people doing the same. Switch your traits out for more damage... it's not rocket science.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No need to switch traits when you had all of them :)
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • psikalpsikal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure there are some sound reasons for this change, but my concern is that it seems like this is going in the direction of having an increasing variety of abilities that are roughly equivalent in power, and having a limited set of slots for them.

Since the level cap has remained the same for quite some time, it seems like this removes one way my characters can "advance". I like in mmos for there to be some mechanism where I can continually make my character a little "better". The reputation system has been one way to do this up to now.

What I would like to see more is the possibility of gaining levels, abilities, or gear that are a little better than what I have now in an incremental process and introducing new content that requires these improvements to participate in effectively.

It seems like right now, I finish the latest reputation, get the latest set of gear and abilities and there is nothing then for me to do with the new stuff that I could not do before. There are no new goals that completing the reputation chain unlocks.
This discussion has been closed.