What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Your trust CM ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cue...Q...it's not funny if you have to explain...

I agree. O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well like I said before if they followed in the steps of Second Life they will hardly ever if at all have servers that go down.
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    khaaaaaaaaaaaan
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why are you shocked, 24 hours is the norm for Cryptic on these types of outages.

If they fix it in 12 it'll be a pretty good achievement by their standards.

oh come on, they aint that bad. I been on and off this game since 2012, and champions online for that matter and the worst downtime I seen was like 12 1/2 hours not 24. I would say on average the ones I seen of this type are fixed in 6 hours so this must be bad one if im honest
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Thank you for the update
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down. Went to see a few series in-between. It's getting past the point of being funny. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    korunlonkorunlon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    br8den wrote: »
    The tweets, the official responses from STO, have advised it may be a hardware issue. I wonder if some poor tech is removing fried parts from the server for replacement.

Lol, I wonder if their "Removing" the poor person who got fried working on the server.:P
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Devtracker is probably an app or name for the collects tweets from the STO dev group. And for the record, I haven't ever talked to a dev on twitter and scarcely have time to give a glance over when I'm there. Then it's possible perhaps you're trying to troll me. In that case... Ignored! :cool:

I'm not trying to troll you. Show me an instance that makes any of this legit, before people react to a user as if it is a statement by a dev. That is all I ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

Great to hear, thanks! Now I'm off to dinner ^^
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Perhaps the definition of "misconception" would be more pertinent.

You do realise that your remark itself could be construed as passive/aggressive... perhaps it would be advisable to look up after all :D, however I'm not prepared to qualify it as such without actually knowing for sure what it is you are trying to convey as that would be unfair on you :D

Of course the idea of applying a label to someone in order to stereotype them into a group or pattern of thought that you deem negative or that you deem would be useful to assign to them in order that others may see it as negative within the cultural normative bounds you expect from the people within the debate in order to cast aspersions on an individual and the views they hold is a rather blunt and obvious implement. :o

I'm not sure what my wife will say, but I think I just fell in love with you for that. LMAO
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

YAY, thank you.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    Whenever someone mentions hardware engineers I think of Treebeard and his council of Ents.

After several hours, they've determined the problem is due to a hardware fault. Apparently the team also includes the TNG House of Duras explosion analysis unit.

Lol

"It was a bomb."
  • Options
    duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the update, after 1500 posts this cleared up some things :)
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

And the foundry event?
  • Options
    merlinr41merlinr41 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *finds paper and starts cutting*

*feeds dead hamster to snake and reaches for reserve hamsters and comes up empty*

Blasted Ferengi sold them again....some one find them hamsters....*morag comes up with a tribble with hamster written on it* Funny Morag....funny. *shoots the klink in the foot with the tribble gun*
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sydusgrey wrote: »
    Well like I said before if they followed in the steps of Second Life they will hardly ever if at all have servers that go down.

one problem with that, 2nd life has 1000 times the users of sto which means shed loads more cash to invest in server upgrades, you know just a thought.
  • Options
    shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

There, they are extending it. Now the "Gimme gimme gimme" people can be satisfied.
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    F5, F5, F5 ... :d
  • Options
    thisisimposiblethisisimposible Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Last June I got into an automobile collision. The particulars of how it occurred is irrelevent.

When you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, there is an inherent risk of injury/damage that just goes with driving. I pay insurance, registration and all the other costs associated with being allowed (entitled, if you will) to drive my vehicle, but nevertheless disaster can, and on occasion, will happen.

If you want to draw inferences on my life or motives because you disagree with my perspective then that's fine, I just wanted to once more try to illustrate that, despite what you might think your dollar entitles you to, you can't always get what you want (Rolling Stones, anyone?).[/QUO

I may not always be able to get what I want, but I need my STO now
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Error in the quote.
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

good to know ... i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

It's something.

Let's count our blessings, and then do other things, like making a "Star Trek Online"-themed Cards Against Humanity game.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Look lets just end this little Tet-a-Tet now.

Simply put.

1] I do not believe Cryptic themselves feel outages to their service of this kind are "acceptable", neither should we.

2] 3 Network Hardware Issues at the same East Coast centre in a year is not a "one off issue"

This is going to take them a while to sort out so everyone just chill your boots and go do something else.

There are a lot of useful ideas in the end credits of Monkey Island II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Sam N Max.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

Why, thank you for extending Mirror Event. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sydusgrey wrote: »

Then you haven't been on last Monday and Tuesday. If you were able to log in, praise yourself lucky and kiss your both hands. SL was rolling out servers that period and you know that loging in is near to impossible then.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    solochris wrote: »
    one problem with that, 2nd life has 1000 times the users of sto which means shed loads more cash to invest in server upgrades, you know just a thought.

Magic money tree.
  • Options
    ronrobaronroba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

could u plz address the time loss on dilithium refine? as you know It should ve reset 2 hrs ago.... The loss of dilithium refine of a day is pretty damaging on economy for my toons
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event.

What about the Foundry weekend?
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

Thanks for that.

Will you also be letting us refine 16,000 dilithium tomorrow, since we couldn't grind for it today, and have passed the refine cap reset?

Will you also be extending the Foundry Marks event, because we have been unable to play to earn marks with that event?

Will you, in fact, get me a Boston Terrier puppy just because puppies are awesome and Boston Terriers are the best?

http://oumaskitchen.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/just-a-bowl-of-puppies-26046-1310127093-1.jpg
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
This discussion has been closed.