What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    rojblakes7rojblakes7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For anybody who is interested - Star Wars The Old Republic is working fine :)

See you on the dark side!
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    merlinr41 wrote: »
    *finds paper and starts cutting*

*feeds dead hamster to snake and reaches for reserve hamsters and comes up empty*

Blasted Ferengi sold them again....some one find them hamsters....*morag comes up with a tribble with hamster written on it* Funny Morag....funny. *shoots the klink in the foot with the tribble gun*

oKay....someone is having fun....or has lost it *shrugs*
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Your trust CM ~LaughingTrendy

Thanks, Morrigan!

Good to hear that you guys are making progress!
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its too bad there isn't an offline version to supplement these kind of issues. Atleast be able to get doff's going.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Thank you for the update.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everyone is rejoicing about an extension of the mirror event and nobody cares about the weekend event. Thanks everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jennysevenjennyseven Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey adventurers, the network issue is more severe than initially thought. We'll have full details soon so hang tight. ‪#‎Neverwinter‬
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »
    Its too bad there isn't an offline version to supplement these kind of issues. Atleast be able to get doff's going.

Go play Bridge Commander or something.
  • Options
    tharrisxtharrisx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Will you, in fact, get me a Boston Terrier puppy just because puppies are awesome and Boston Terriers are the best?

ROFL

Seriously, though, thanks for extending the Mirror Event. :D

thar
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would rather crash than to have no ability to log in at all. Yea SL does have lots of users more than STO but they built their servers to never go down now since the CSI episode. I never see SL down and I have been playing for about five years and my wife has been playing since when they were TRIBBLE many many years ago.
  • Options
    winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

Thanks for the update! This answers my question anyway. I was wondering would they extend the mirror event.
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Look lets just end this little Tet-a-Tet now.

I think the term you're looking for is t
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    I'm not sure what my wife will say, but I think I just fell in love with you for that. LMAO

It was the last paragraph wasn't it :p and it's okay to love a thought process expressed in prose... the person behind it though is male :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rojblakes7 wrote: »

I cant join you, I got a secuirity key to get in on my smart phone. the same smart phone I accidentally dropped at my sisters house and haven't got back yet:(
  • Options
    duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

Lol you are not the only one at the moment :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Everyone is rejoicing about an extension of the mirror event and nobody cares about the weekend event. Thanks everyone.

Foundry needs more support. Sorry Kirkfat. :(
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yeah, but that's a sh** game.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tribble may be able to be ran, but what is the use with a screwed up ui that will not change screen size or ui scale to get more room on the screen.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

So, in other words we'll be getting back into the game some time after the federation was founded according to the lore and we're all going to feel silly... also old...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jennyseven wrote: »
    Hey adventurers, the network issue is more severe than initially thought. We'll have full details soon so hang tight. ‪#‎Neverwinter‬

RESET BUTTON >> BACK OF MOST ROUTERS jk jk we appreciate the update
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Honestly, I have no idea what the specifics of the foundry event are. I was only able to log into the game for a brief period of time today and spend all of that time doing fleet related things. I was going to see whether I was interested in the foundry event later. On the other hand, I am 8 days into the mirror event with 2 characters and find the mirror universe mission really tedious. Having invested that much time and effort into it, I would hate to reach the end of that with no reward.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014

actually just asked if they could extend that too hehe
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited March 2014

I'd rather juggle live grenades.
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I see one unhappy Rigelian Ensign.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't yet have any information on the foundry event or Boston Terrier puppies.
  • Options
    aversa1aversa1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Look lets just end this little Tet-a-Tet now.

Simply put.

1] I do not believe Cryptic themselves feel outages to their service of this kind are "acceptable", neither should we.

2] 3 Network Hardware Issues at the same East Coast centre in a year is not a "one off issue"

This is going to take them a while to sort out so everyone just chill your boots and go do something else.

There are a lot of useful ideas in the end credits of Monkey Island II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Sam N Max.

:D

BUT THIS WAS MY SOMETHING ELSE TO DO FOR TONIGHT :(

I don't know enough about computers and such to know about server loads and all that but I feel like all the money that gets pumped into Cryptic's games could go to some kind of back up or .....more server space. I would be happy knowing some effort was going into that instead of a one-off special mission that needs to be replayed over the course of 21 days for rewards.
  • Options
    shadowkain666shadowkain666 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you again,

I want to sincerely thank you for your input and professionalism, Morrigan. When you've entered into this thread, you have consistently maintained a level head and a jovial outlook that is wonderful to witness.

If you ever despair at reading all the forum negativity, at least know that myself and others genuinely, and greatly appreciate the way you handle community interaction.
    e63e55c36223829a1ca86f1c34decbb41412849597_604x370.jpg
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Wars Sucks
  • Options
    stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any chance of an extension on the foundry event? I don't think it gets enough appreciation.

Edit: Missed the reply from Trendy. I'll be hopeful. Thanks!
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't yet have any information on the foundry event or Boston Terrier puppies.

Thanks for equating the two together. ruff ruff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.