Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Except the one moment when Cryptic tries to support Foundry and promote it is lost forever. Maybe in another 3 years...

If it helps any, you're earlier posts totally made me want to check out the Foundry, and plan to look up your stuff as soon as I have a chance to! :D
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Wars Sucks

please, do NOT go there. Both are good and have there merits.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't yet have any information on the foundry event or Boston Terrier puppies.

What's this about puppies?
  • Options
    rojblakes7rojblakes7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Yeah, but that's a sh** game.

Surely a TRIBBLE game is better than no game at all... unless you LIKE sitting here scrolling though pages and pages of people complaining about a game that isn't working.

As soon as the SW:TOR launcher finishes updating... I'm gone!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Everyone is rejoicing about an extension of the mirror event and nobody cares about the weekend event. Thanks everyone.

Rejoicing may be too big a word; but I really want that purple doff; and the Dilithium, thank you!

As for Foundry, not my thing, really; sorry.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Your trust CM ~LaughingTrendy

At this point incompetence doesn't cover it I am thinking an attack
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was the last paragraph wasn't it :p and it's okay to love a thought process expressed in prose... the person behind it though is male :p

You had me at, "Of course." LOL
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    ronrobaronroba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't yet have any information on the foundry event or Boston Terrier puppies.

What about the dilithium?? I have posted twice about this already...
  • Options
    aversa1aversa1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ronroba wrote: »
    What about the dilithium?? I have posted twice about this already...

Do it for the puppies.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If it helps any, you're earlier posts totally made me want to check out the Foundry, and plan to look up your stuff as soon as I have a chance to! :D

I recommend it, dance of the dead is one of my fave foundry missions!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    please, do NOT go there. Both are good and have there merits.

STAR WARS SUCKS! I mean unless you believe in a power greater than your own, then I guess its all well and good, just keep praying it'll all work out!:cool:
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aversa1 wrote: »
    BUT THIS WAS MY SOMETHING ELSE TO DO FOR TONIGHT :(

I don't know enough about computers and such to know about server loads and all that but I feel like all the money that gets pumped into Cryptic's games could go to some kind of back up or .....more server space. I would be happy knowing some effort was going into that instead of a one-off special mission that needs to be replayed over the course of 21 days for rewards.

To be honest some parts of the game are still very much beta, there are bugs that have existed for a long time and finally yes they should invest in hardware redundancy if this has happened 3 times in the past year it should really be something they sort out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Look lets just end this little Tet-a-Tet now.

Simply put.

1] I do not believe Cryptic themselves feel outages to their service of this kind are "acceptable", neither should we.

2] 3 Network Hardware Issues at the same East Coast centre in a year is not a "one off issue"

This is going to take them a while to sort out so everyone just chill your boots and go do something else.

There are a lot of useful ideas in the end credits of Monkey Island II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Sam N Max.

:D

This is a good idea folks... having been in at least 2 major crash episodes you just need to be patient. Annoyance is normal but even as much as we love the game we won't get in if we scream and kick our feet. Its maybe time to have some quality time with the family, read a book, watch a movie.... its Friday night in the US go out do something wild and crazy... whatever just give 'em time...

Thanks for the updated info and the extension "laughingtrendy" its nice to know we are being at least acknowledged!!!!!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    is it Tribbles in the server or is Data just drunk again and playing with the isolinear chips???:P
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down... Ok, Episode 4.7 of Justified then...
  • Options
    buddy811buddy811 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wow, seriously?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014

trendyyyyyyyyy make game work please :(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down... Ok, Episode 4.7 of Justified then...

Have you tried any of Castle or Game of Thrones (admittedly not as good as the books)?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rojblakes7 wrote: »
    Surely a TRIBBLE game is better than no game at all... unless you LIKE sitting here scrolling though pages and pages of people complaining about a game that isn't working.

As soon as the SW:TOR launcher finishes updating... I'm gone!

No, actually, I made a nice little dinner for my wife, we ate, talked about our day, then came back so she could have some quiet time to read the essays written by the vicious, ungrateful little hellspawn she teaches without me getting in her hair.

And no, I only have time for one TRIBBLE game. That's why I play STO. :D
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Wars Sucks

I'd like to second that comment. LETS HIT EACHOTHER WITH GIANT GLOWING STICKS!
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    STAR WARS SUCKS! I mean unless you believe in a power greater than your own, then I guess its all well and good, just keep praying it'll all work out!:cool:

As far as I can work out "The Force" is actually a form of energy communism.

all life breeds energy that powers the force, it's just that some life is able to channel and manipulate that energy. "The Force" itself has no sentience and thus if it has power it has no concious ability to use that power.

I've been looking at http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

If it's anything like X-Wing or Tie Fighter I'm in :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Your trust CM ~LaughingTrendy

Wow you put the word Trust in a forum associated with STO...
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just to let you into something about the whole hating star wars and star trek, well when you get a chance why don't you go look into who copied who as in the creation dates of each fanchise. Honestly I love both because if you look at both star wars and star trek they both have their own amazing stories and they both even have many books and movies and even comics. Why do anyone have to discriminate to either world of star wars or star trek. Just because someone may have copied or what ever, who cares! You are childish if you hate one or the other. You should appreciate both and see them for how much time, effot, and work went into those worlds. "If you judge others than you judge yourself and your beliefs."
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I recommend it, dance of the dead is one of my fave foundry missions!

To quote a recently, and geniously, recreated Sci-Fi toon in STO: "My shoes are too tight and I have forgotten how to dance."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    br8den wrote: »
    The tweets, the official responses from STO, have advised it may be a hardware issue. I wonder if some poor tech is removing fried parts from the server for replacement.

It's a network hardware issue, so probably not any of the servers, and I am sure that if my work has 2 servers for what we do (wholesale distribution, so pretty much data entry junk for buying and selling), that an MMO has probably more than 2 servers per realm.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    menstralchuncksmenstralchuncks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »

Or, lets race a ship instead of kill each other lol
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Oh, dear. (Whiny, Anakrap voice) What have I done?!

Star Wars doesn't suck - except the prequels, which a Black Hole looks at and says, "Wow, they really suck."

The game does, but the original trilogy doesn't. So leave it alone.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »

Best description of Episode III I've ever heard. :D
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have you tried any of Castle or Game of Thrones (admittedly not as good as the books)?

No. Unless they're free on my Amazon Prime, I'm not likely to see them. :( I do like Nathan Fillion and will watch Castle if I can do so from the beginning.

& btw... Star Wars doesn't suck, it's just juvenile and uninteresting. ;)
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014
    So I take it STO is still down????

hmmm

goes back to eating Rice with Mole :D *if you are Hispanic you know what that is* SOO good :)
This discussion has been closed.