test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alrighty Star Wars sucks? No not really, they story lines in the game really good but I don't want to much argument. I prefer STO anytime over SWTOR
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Cryptic isn't going to leave us like this all weekend right?!? :eek:

All things being right it should be okay by midday tomorrow GMT if not before. But sometimes it takes them the weekend. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • menstralchuncksmenstralchuncks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Captains,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – I've posted this blog with more information: http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3039013

Please be sure to check it out, as well as bookmark the Twitter link within it so you can stay up to date on the current outage status.

Once the issue is resolved, we'll be sure to provide a final update here.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you back in-game as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Not once did I say, its ok guys, take your time.. bring us back in. I wanna kill Klingons!!!
  • wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Captains,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – I've posted this blog with more information: http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3039013

Please be sure to check it out, as well as bookmark the Twitter link within it so you can stay up to date on the current outage status.

Once the issue is resolved, we'll be sure to provide a final update here.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you back in-game as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon!

and from what I saw on the post its gonna be awile. Time to watch HELIX :)
  • onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Trek and Star Wars are both great in their own way. So is Lord of the Rings for that matter. I've never understood fandom's proclivity toward saying, in essense, 'in order for the thing I like to be respected properly, the thing that you like has to be torn down.'

I will say that I think that the new Star Trek movies are a bit of a mistake in my opinion. Star Trek has always been at its best in the television medium. Star Trek is best experienced when its fans have the opportunity to have the characters be a part of their lives on a weekly basis and that's where the type of storytelling that typifies Star Trek thrives. Star Wars, on the other hand, has always been at its best as an exterior phenomenon. You might admire Luke Skywalker and Yoda and Han Solo and so forth, but you never really feel like any of them are a regular part of your life. Star Wars exists as spectacle and that's probably where it finds its stride.

That's my two cents anyway.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In case anyone does not follow the main website, the problem here is a Network outage, not a server outage, and it is affecting several of PWE's games. Cogent is at it again.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Hey folks Brandon made a post with some details located

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3039013

First post has been updated.

Machete don't Tweet :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All things being right it should be okay by midday tomorrow GMT if not before. But sometimes it takes them the weekend. :o

That hasn't happened in years though.
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alrighty Star Wars sucks? No not really, they story lines in the game really good but I don't want to much argument. I prefer STO anytime over SWTOR

Ditto, love Star Wars, love Star Trek, love STO, not a fan of SWTOR.
  • ronrobaronroba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy View Post
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Your trust CM ~LaughingTrendy
    could u plz address the time loss on dilithium refine? as you know It should ve reset 2 hrs ago.... The loss of dilithium refine of a day is pretty damaging on economy for my toons

STill waitnig for an answer.....
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not sure what game your playing but there is not everyday maintenance. and incase you didn't notice there was no schedule maintenance this week so that might have something to do with this outage.

There was maintenance this week, just no patch
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    a final update

Hmm, scary. Dooooommmmm! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol might as well settle on a couple episodes of Voyager on netflix,at least they extended the event so now i dont feel so anxious,thanks guys :)
  • wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Trek and Star Wars are both great in their own way. So is Lord of the Rings for that matter. I've never understood fandom's proclivity toward saying, in essense, 'in order for the thing I like to be respected properly, the thing that you like has to be torn down.'

I will say that I think that the new Star Trek movies are a bit of a mistake in my opinion. Star Trek has always been at its best in the television medium. Star Trek is best experienced when its fans have the opportunity to have the characters be a part of their lives on a weekly basis and that's where the type of storytelling that typifies Star Trek thrives. Star Wars, on the other hand, has always been at its best as an exterior phenomenon. You might admire Luke Skywalker and Yoda and Han Solo and so forth, but you never really feel like any of them are a regular part of your life. Star Wars exists as spectacle and that's probably where it finds its stride.

Everyones entitled to their opinion. My 2 cents? Star Wars = flushing sound.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to sincerely thank you for your input and professionalism, Morrigan. When you've entered into this thread, you have consistently maintained a level head and a jovial outlook that is wonderful to witness.

If you ever despair at reading all the forum negativity, at least know that myself and others genuinely, and greatly appreciate the way you handle community interaction.
    Well, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

I want to do my best to take care of you guys. I'm sitting here waiting for as soon as I get those critical messages updating me on our current status. Then I test it. Then I immediately tell all of ya'll.

These forums? This is something I take very seriously and care about. My responsibility is not to shy away when things get a little crazy. I am your Community Manager.
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Cryptic isn't going to leave us like this all weekend right?!? :eek:

Hahahaha. Your optimism is so cute.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    . its Friday night in the US go out do something wild and crazy... whatever just give 'em time... !

Great advice. Now can I call you to bail me out when I get arrested?:D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As far as I can work out "The Force" is actually a form of energy communism.

all life breeds energy that powers the force, it's just that some life is able to channel and manipulate that energy. "The Force" itself has no sentience and thus if it has power it has no concious ability to use that power.

I've been looking at http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

If it's anything like X-Wing or Tie Fighter I'm in :D

downloading now, i'm going to check it out.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ronroba wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy View Post
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. We're going to continue working on the network issue at hand. We wanted to let you know that we're extending the Mirror Event. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has been for all of you. More information will follow with later updates.

I'll let you know as soon as I have additional information. All of us here are doing everything we can to get things back to normal.

Thank you again,

Your trust CM ~LaughingTrendy
    could u plz address the time loss on dilithium refine? as you know It should ve reset 2 hrs ago.... The loss of dilithium refine of a day is pretty damaging on economy for my toons

STill waitnig for an answer.....
    I don't have any update on that yet. :(
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Star Trek and Star Wars are both great in their own way. So is Lord of the Rings for that matter.

No... LotR sucks too. ;) Invalid argument for SW not sucking.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited March 2014

I want to do my best to take care of you guys. I'm sitting here waiting for as soon as I get those critical messages updating me on our current status. Then I test it. Then I immediately tell all of ya'll.

These forums? This is something I take very seriously and care about. My responsibility is not to shy away when things get a little crazy. I am your Community Manager.

*Salutes with brass band in the background*
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It's funny because they appeal to the same set of moral underpinnings as each-other, It's like viewing a Durer, Da Vinci and a Monet, the styles may be very different but the underlying beauty that draws the eye is the fabric on which all 3 are constructed.

In other words, don't hate, appreciate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014

*brofist* You got me deep man.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Branflakes wrote: »
    Greetings Players,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – it is only affecting the games/ servers listed below.

Rest assured that we have our best Engineers on the case and we have made good progress in the last couple hours. While our current ETA for a resolution is still several hours from now

Several hours?

*nods*

You have One.
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014

And the word on Boston Terrier puppies is...? ;)
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »
    I'd like to second that comment. LETS HIT EACHOTHER WITH GIANT GLOWING STICKS!
    indeed! I belive you to be a genius!
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No... LotR sucks too. ;) Invalid argument for SW not sucking.

Gundam > all

The only exception to that is Star Trek
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there any realistic reasonable eta on when servers will be fixed?

nvm several hours.
    edited March 2014
    I don't have any update on that yet. :(

Cryptic owes me a interdimentional transporter. :P
  • solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sydusgrey wrote: »
    just to let you into something about the whole hating star wars and star trek, well when you get a chance why don't you go look into who copied who as in the creation dates of each fanchise. Honestly I love both because if you look at both star wars and star trek they both have their own amazing stories and they both even have many books and movies and even comics. Why do anyone have to discriminate to either world of star wars or star trek. Just because someone may have copied or what ever, who cares! You are childish if you hate one or the other. You should appreciate both and see them for how much time, effot, and work went into those worlds. "If you judge others than you judge yourself and your beliefs."

well I agree, and for the record wasn't star trek first, then star wars came out and star trek did a movie of the back of it lol. but come on why do people always seam to think its one or the other. its like being given and apple and a banana and then getting told you must pick one as the best and the other must be thrown away as weak imitation, when clearly they are different. ok they both got star in their name big woop does that mean stars in their eyes should be added to the argument... ok taking it to far there but you get the point. erm what was I going to say I got sidetracked there...oh yeah Star Trek/Wars both are good and that's that.
This discussion has been closed.