What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Typhoon Class

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I have no frickin' clue...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    ...I've got it! It's Riker's beard, circa 2410, if he hadn't shaved during Insurrection!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Or we can move our attentions from the MACO uniforms to the 'Ship's Cap' that was also on Enterprise that's another Most Requested...

Even if those kind of caps are more a Navy tradition than a Starfleet one, I still like the image that Enterprise gave us of officers in Excursion uniforms stepping out of a shuttle and putting on their covers. It's something I can easily see being done even in the 25th century during assignments to places like Nimbus and New Romulus, even Kobali Prime or Vulcan... I mean, picture it; a captain beams down to New Romulus, adjusts his hat and comments "Next stop, the Atlai - water, bugs and wild animals."

Maybe having ships' names and registry numbers on them wouldn't be possible, but they could still have profile views of different ship classes on the front of them to at least give the impression that they're 'ship's issue'. An Akira-class (Thunderchild, Armitage, Alita, etc.) could wear a "Cap - Akira" with an Akira-class ship on it, a "Cap - Galaxy" for Exploration Cruiser captains, a "Cap - Intrepid" for LRSV captains, etc...

This surely, but speaking of caps of a more stately variety, wasn't that a fairly covered uniform piece in "Into Darkness"?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    We're more likely to see the ballcaps like the ones seen on Enterprise than the hats from Into Darkness because of legal issues.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We're more likely to see the ballcaps like the ones seen on Enterprise than the hats from Into Darkness because of legal issues.

I know; while Ballcaps are nice for a on-duty look, I think many would also like a classier dress (uniform) option.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    The problem is we don't really have any canon examples before the reboot movies so... we'd probably have to wait for a Cryptic Original and hope that it won't get confused for the kind we saw in the '09 movie.

Although I think we DID see a hat in Pike's quarters in the original pilot episode of TOS, but it was never on his head. It was just in the background on display. Might not even have been Starfleet for all we know.
  • Options
    The problem is we don't really have any canon examples before the reboot movies so... we'd probably have to wait for a Cryptic Original and hope that it won't get confused for the kind we saw in the '09 movie.

Although I think we DID see a hat in Pike's quarters in the original pilot episode of TOS, but it was never on his head. It was just in the background on display. Might not even have been Starfleet for all we know.

It was "in the shows", so I guess its canon. ;)
    R E M A I N

• Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yeap it's there

thecagehd0150.jpg
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    Yeap it's there

thecagehd0150.jpg

Ah, sweet feldgrau. :relaxed:

Looks either Starfleet or MACO; but again, it still counts for something.

Also, a lovely Television set. lol
    R E M A I N

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Yeap it's there

thecagehd0150.jpg

It's a Starfleet hat. It's in Pike's quarters so it's not going to be MACO. Plus the colour matches the dress uniform (which I want).

cage-uniform-var.jpg​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Want ma Enterprise Maco Outfit... /Rawr!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Yeap it's there

thecagehd0150.jpg

It's a Starfleet hat. It's in Pike's quarters so it's not going to be MACO. Plus the colour matches the dress uniform (which I want).

cage-uniform-var.jpg​​

Oooo, very nice. :love:
    R E M A I N

• Options
    Still want Ent MACO. Dat Backpack...
  • Options
    Almost forgot about you thread. So sorry.

MACO OUTFIT!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Almost forgot about you thread. So sorry.

MACO OUTFIT!!!

Agreed and want.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll take one please.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Ie. Ent MACO Uniform should be our focus, then we can get to the other awesome canon costumes. B)
    R E M A I N

• Options
    *Hugs the thread*

Soon.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    *Hugs the thread*

Soon.

Patience my friends, patience. *cackles* >:)
    R E M A I N

• Options
    <.<
    >.>

I want a hug... And Ent MACO...
  • Options
    The precious!!!! Need the precious!!!!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    <.<
    >.>

I want a hug... And Ent MACO...

*hugs you, and as many hugs as it takes*
    R E M A I N

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Why wont you take my money?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Why wont you take my money?!

*makes it rain*
    R E M A I N

• Options
    *licks the thread*

Soon my pretty ... soon.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    *Wipes thread*
    "There there, thread, never mind Sutherland, he's just upset."

So give me a ENT MACO costume or I'll break some legs.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    *picks up trilithium bat, Iotian style* Tell me when, Artan.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    YAY!!!!

entmaco2.jpg

I found a wild Typhoon picture.

USS_Athens_(NCC-96047).jpg

^^ So awesome!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    The hidden ENT MACO uniform is there to mock us. :p

Seriously though, why isn't it released yet? I get the feeling it's in some sort of legal limbo between Cryptic and CBS. :/
  • Options
    Pay the fine! It'll be worth it .... trust me ... I'm British!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!