test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typhoon Class

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Did CBS say no to this? :confused:I want ma MACO!

I think they're just trying to figure out when a good time to release it would be...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think they're just trying to figure out when a good time to release it would be...

Well... when is taking my money a good time? Nowah! Quick... before the swimsuits come and I get distracted by pixels!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I'm already distracted by pixels...
    smexy Trill pixels...
    smexy Orion pixels...
    smexy Andorian pixels...

Did I mention smexy Trill pixels?

:D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2015
    See? I got distracted by pixels.

You know what the summer event needs? An Iconian Invasion!

You know what an Iconian Invasion needs? Bad guys!

You know what bad guys need? People to shoot at!

You know what the people being shot at need? Guns!

You know what the people with these guns need? the "Enterprise Maco Outfit"

P.S pretty please.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure what I love most about this thread, the dedication by the few posters, the length of time that it's remained, or the fact that I was able to leave the country for four months and come back to it still going unanswered.

Someday we'll get our MACO uniform.

Someday...
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I support the maco uniform
    Yes... MACO MACO MACO
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Well, the whole Krenim Temporal Weapon thing has sunk my 'Return to The Expanse" idea as it originally stood - though I still say, especially with the Temporal Weapon now involved, the Iconian War will end up with some connection to the Temporal Cold War and between the 'Dyson' Spheres and the thermobaric spheres that were in the Expanse, that we'll have a 'Return to The Expanse' at some point... I mean, the whole Ferenginar/Denobula/Tellar/Mizar/Deneb sector 'block' that was added during the sector space revamp is just crying out for missions to take place there... give me a few days to replot the temporal incursions and their effects and I'll have a new theory of the events that will lead us there to get all the good ENT-era stuff we still don't have...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    C-store, C-store, C-store!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    THAAAYYY!! THAAAYYY!!! YOUR AVATAR AGAIN!!! Are those two wearing enterprise uniforms or just a couple of Asa'kaan? If its the latter then It would be okay I guess. But honestly what the heck?

P.S: what is your real world gender and sexual orientation? So that I may know
    Post edited by lessley00 on
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Still no MACO uniform. You released the LLAP powerboard this year (even though it was in-game as a prop last year) because Leonard Nimoy died.

Which actors or actresses from Enterprise need to meet their demise for the MACO outfit to be released? Is it Scott Bakula?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    iconians wrote: »
    Which actors or actresses from Enterprise need to meet their demise for the MACO outfit to be released? Is it Scott Bakula?

How much did you may the nice Russian man?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    lessley00 wrote: »
    THAAAYYY!! THAAAYYY!!! YOUR AVATAR AGAIN!!! Are those two wearing enterprise uniforms or just a couple of Asa'kaan? If its the latter then It would be okay I guess. But honestly what the heck?

P.S: what is your real world gender and sexual orientation? So that I may know

I'm Batman!
    artan42 wrote: »

How much did you may the nice Russian man?

What about the Major guy?

Oh... happy "I'm not longer part of the British Empire" day
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Oh... happy "I'm not longer part of the British Empire" day

Happy 'we ruined a whole lot of nice tea by dumping it in the harbour and didn't even boil it afterwords' day :p .
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Some of us prefer to think of it as Happy 'Shoot off fireworks and get away with it' day. B)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    Sneaky thread. Trying to escape from me... bad! Bad Thread!

Cryptic... Maco Outfit plox ? :expressionless:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    I admire the tenacity of wanting the MACO outfit in game. Keep fighting the good fight, always fight for what you believe in even if it doesn't seem like you're getting any ground.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I admire the tenacity of wanting the MACO outfit in game. Keep fighting the good fight, always fight for what you believe in even if it doesn't seem like you're getting any ground.
    It's mind-boggling - when clearly existing assets are denied to the players, who'd want to use them. If I was a character-artist, I'd see it as a wasted potential of my work, if things I'd make would not be used. Why can't the dev team see it as a form of flattery, that the players would LOVE to get their hands on their work? Because in essence, that's what it is. A positive flattery & appreciation of the artistic craftmanship. But... I guess... that's not as good as things collecting dust, unused or.. heavily restricted. :(

Unfortunately, this outfit is just one of many, which are denied to us; for no good reason. Good luck peeps, keep fighting.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited July 2015
    It's mind-boggling - when clearly existing assets are denied to the players, who'd want to use them. If I was a character-artist, I'd see it as a wasted potential of my work, if things I'd make would not be used. Why can't the dev team see it as a form of flattery, that the players would LOVE to get their hands on their work? Because in essence, that's what it is. A positive flattery & appreciation of the artistic craftmanship. But... I guess... that's not as good as things collecting dust, unused or.. heavily restricted. :(

Unfortunately, this outfit is just one of many, which are denied to us; for no good reason. Good luck peeps, keep fighting.

I brought up the same thing with the removal of the Risian Corvette and Luxury Cruiser. So much work and detail went into them, and then they just arbitrarily retire them for a questionable reason.

I will tell you the same thing that others told me when I criticised that decision.

People at Cryptic are scarcely people at all. They are tools and drones that live and breathe their work. If they don't, then there are several billion other artists and developers who would drop whatever it is they're doing and take their job in an instant at only 1/3rd of their pay. Because of this, the artists and developers at Cryptic should be thankful they are given permission to work on STO at all! Even if their hours of hard (and maybe frustrating) work result in nothing available to players, then they shouldn't care if their efforts go unappreciated by the customers they are working for, since the mere privilege of working on STO should be its own reward for technical skill and artistic talent.

So it's perfectly okay to make your employees work on content for STO that never comes to fruition (or in the Risian ships' case, sustainability). Spend lots of money on payroll making your labor force create wondrous things for the game that never seems to 'make the cut' for a release, and your customers will understand completely and take what you give them even if it has little to do with what they are actually asking for.

Just ask Dan Stahl what happens when you tease images of things the dev team is working on during the first year of the rocky release of the game. Even though players were unhappy with its release, they were perfectly willing to watch DStahl's twitter account to see him tease things that never ended up making it into any release of the game.

Players are perfectly fine with Cryptic spending hours creating things that never see the light of day. It's money well spent and we're so happy and pleased that our Zen and Subscription money is going to things like that because again, just the privilege of people working on STO is enough.

I mean it's not like STO had a previous licensee who spent their money creating concept artwork and squandered their funds on an impractical pipe dream, so why should we ever get the notion Cryptic could possibly be doing the same thing?

People love getting jerked around and teased by developers who love to hype them up, but then fail to deliver. We crave it. We will continue to throw money at them for the continued rollercoaster ride of wondering just how much we're actually asking for makes it into a holodeck build along with content Cryptic thinks we're asking for.

There is no possible way this strategy could ever backfire and result in Cryptic wondering why players are so jaded and cynical, and skeptical of their intentions and motivations, and players who think they might be spending their time unwisely or have different opinions on what should be priorities are just salty haters, or are not representative of any type of majority*.

*The kind of majority with poor willpower and susceptible to impulse buying or personalities with the potential for gambling addiction.
    Post edited by iconians on
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @iconians - See, I've always tried to not be cynical; rather than that, I've tried to be reasonable, constructive & mostly positive - granted, as a passionate person, I sometimes do lose my cool, get aggressive - but if I didn't - that's when you know I gave up that passion & will to fight... Is that a good thing? Hard to tell.

But, some of these decisions, regarding the costumes, restrictions & all of that, it has me question it and my efforts. I don't want to bring in negativity, or be source of that behavior, frequently seen on these forums, of always saying 'Devs suck'. It frankly brings nothing good - but - when all I can constantly see, are illogical restrictions placed on something as *trivial* as our ingame outfits, which have ZERO bearing on our in-game performance & are mostly a thing for Trekkies & roleplayers? I can't wrap my head around that.

I've been a proponent of more freedom & creativity as long as I remember lurking these forums - and it's sad to say, that I feel, like losing my breath, spark and trust in the good-will of the artistic team; given some decisions they make, in regards of those things. I hate to say it out loud, as it is a tad negative, but it's a feeling I've had lately, really.

Again, this MACO outfit, is another shining example. Or @ashkrik23 's suggestions in regards to cats. People wanting free color-palettes. No restriction on hair-options, gender/species, etc etc. All mostly unheard. Ehh.. Anyways, if you want - check my other topic, where I discuss this in particular at length though, I don't want to spread this discussion into yet another topic. I just wanted to show my support to this idea, as more options for everyone = better.

Customization & Tailor restrictions – Role-Player’s perspective
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Reminder *Thanks to "Oh glourious Fleet Leader of Hammer Squadron"*

Must... make... constuctive... post... about... taking... my... money!

Must... get... outfit... before... T'Ket... oh TRIBBLE.

N55MEZ9.jpg
    (Found this on Twitter... thought it was funny. :) )
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    A thought that entered my mind - could it be that the lack of a MACO uniform is some form of desperate last grasp at the ideal of Starfleet as a 'peaceful exploratory organization' in a galaxy fighting for its very survival?
    A thought that entered my mind - could it be that the lack of a MACO uniform is some form of desperate last grasp at the ideal of Starfleet as a 'peaceful exploratory organization' in a galaxy fighting for its very survival?

Peace? You people say some crazy things.

Honestly... I think it's most likely a case of it being a low priority. Or they're waiting for the right moment... which is now... Take my money!!!!

Take Artan's money too!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!

Peace? You people say some crazy things.

Honestly... I think it's most likely a case of it being a low priority. Or they're waiting for the right moment... which is now... Take my money!!!!

Take Artan's money too!

I'm missing 5 quid, has anyo... oh :(

Hey I got a ENT MACO costume, yeah :).​​

#TASforSTO

...Don't tease.

I'm missing 5 quid, has anyo... oh :(

Hey I got a ENT MACO costume, yeah :).​​

Urge to kill rapidly rising!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Look at me, look at me :D
    19903393918_3c2b296b80_o.png
    ​​

#TASforSTO

​​

Son of a...

Where did you get that?

My god.. it looks so epic... TAKE MY MONEY!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    ​​

Am I a bad person for quietly hoping this doesn't come to pass because I don't want to see this thread disappear?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    ​​

Am I a bad person for quietly hoping this doesn't come to pass because I don't want to see this thread disappear?

Fear not Mr Iconian.

I'll change the title.. then pretend the last year or so has been about the Typhoon Class!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!