What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typhoon Class

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Reminder *Thanks to "Oh glourious Fleet Leader of Hammer Squadron"*

Must... make... constuctive... post... about... taking... my... money!

Must... get... outfit... before... T'Ket... oh TRIBBLE.

N55MEZ9.jpg
    (Found this on Twitter... thought it was funny. :) )

Greendragoon was Kind enough to make a slight adjustment to that image for me... :trollface:
    CK9YGh7WsAEYcyZ.jpg:large

PS: Thats the Same MACO Outift Pic that they have been dangling in front of us for 2 years. Nothing new.

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    So what your saying is T'Ket and the others get ground vehicles?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Or we can move our attentions from the MACO uniforms to the 'Ship's Cap' that was also on Enterprise that's another Most Requested...

Even if those kind of caps are more a Navy tradition than a Starfleet one, I still like the image that Enterprise gave us of officers in Excursion uniforms stepping out of a shuttle and putting on their covers. It's something I can easily see being done even in the 25th century during assignments to places like Nimbus and New Romulus, even Kobali Prime or Vulcan... I mean, picture it; a captain beams down to New Romulus, adjusts his hat and comments "Next stop, the Atlai - water, bugs and wild animals."

Maybe having ships' names and registry numbers on them wouldn't be possible, but they could still have profile views of different ship classes on the front of them to at least give the impression that they're 'ship's issue'. An Akira-class (Thunderchild, Armitage, Alita, etc.) could wear a "Cap - Akira" with an Akira-class ship on it, a "Cap - Galaxy" for Exploration Cruiser captains, a "Cap - Intrepid" for LRSV captains, etc...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter

ET_Moon.jpg

get the joke now?

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    Look at me, look at me :D
    19903393918_3c2b296b80_o.png

Son of a...

Where did you get that?

My god.. it looks so epic... TAKE MY MONEY!

Did I give you a heart attack? :p It's been sitting in my pictures folder since LoR.
    iconians wrote: »

Am I a bad person for quietly hoping this doesn't come to pass because I don't want to see this thread disappear?

Fear not Mr Iconian.

I'll change the title.. then pretend the last year or so has been about the Typhoon Class!

Every year is about the Typhoon Class :(
    primar13 wrote: »
    PS: Thats the Same MACO Outift Pic that they have been dangling in front of us for 2 years. Nothing new.

Not so.

Same source, the LoR tailor breakdown, but that's my character under that hair and low graphics.

​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    primar13 wrote: »

ET_Moon.jpg

get the joke now?

T'Ket's ground vehicle comes with a Dewan pet?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    Fear not Mr Iconian.

I'll change the title.. then pretend the last year or so has been about the Typhoon Class!

I've kinda been hoping the Command Cruisers were replacing the Typhoon. MUCH better model than the Typhoon.

Anyways... I can haz MACO?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Fear not Mr Iconian.

I've kinda been hoping the Command Cruisers were replacing the Typhoon. MUCH better model than the Typhoon.

Thems fightin wordz mister.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

The Typhoon model's okay - I wouldn't mind seeing it returned and made playable; the nacelles being two-to-a-strut instead of four seperate struts is a nice effect... It's the Jupiter dreadnought that needs a replacement. Why they took out the Typhoon class (including the U.S.S. Athens) and left the Jupiter (including the Zodiac... which is from the same mission as the Athens, "War Games"), I wonder...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    Fear not Mr Iconian.

Someone get my .. "MACO" belt...

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Fear not Mr Iconian.

Someone get my .. "MACO" belt...

Ooh, it has a truncheon on doesn't it? Good idea.​​

#TASforSTO

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator

Thems fightin wordz mister.​​

tumblr_ltutr3zV891qemk16o1_500.gif
    ^^
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Look at me, look at me :D
    19903393918_3c2b296b80_o.png
    ​​

Am I a bad person for quietly hoping this doesn't come to pass because I don't want to see this thread disappear?

Fear not Mr Iconian.

Now that's some outside-the-box thinking I can agree with (even if I loathe the Typhoon, I understand there are other players who don't).

Your jib. The cut of it. I like it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Now that's some outside-the-box thinking I can agree with (even if I loathe the Typhoon, I understand there are other players who don't).

Your jib. The cut of it. I like it.

I bow before you Mr. Iconians.

P.S. Can I have T'Ket's # ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    T'Ket?
    I think I'll stick to more humanoid species... like Trill. Might go for Orions or Andorians.

ETA MACO?
    T'Ket?
    I think I'll stick to more humanoid species... like Trill. Might go for Orions or Andorians.

I narrowed it down to the correct answer for you. ​​

#TASforSTO

Hey... I happen to like Trill! My main is a Trill.

Sutherland is awesome. I dream about his beard all the time.

I narrowed it down to the correct answer for you. ​​

Fixed it for you.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Hey... I happen to like Trill! Andorian! My main is a Trill Should have been an Andorian.

That regret, it will eat you up ;)

I narrowed it down to the correct answer for you.

Fixed it for you.

I have nightmares now, a disenheaded beard, the space where its eyes aren't glaring at me.

I activate my overpowered tractor beam and a fire high yield quantum torpedo spread at the beard, followed by a phaser lance shoot, activate my phased-battle-cloak and ablative hull armour, and quantum slipstream at transwarp away in my Typhoon Class.

Then I sob quietly in my sleep. ​​

#TASforSTO

"Uncover the strange mystery of a traveller from another time"... ('New Dawn' announcment)

You know who that makes me think of? Daniels.

You know what Daniels makes me think of? Enterprise and everything that went with it, including MACO uniforms, ship caps and Ent/Nemesis Romulan uniforms...

Nope. I have an Andorian Medic alt already. No regrets here.
    edited August 2015
    Bajoran or nothing!

This thread will now be taking in survivors of the Iconian War.

P.S. Iconians only!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Hey... I happen to like Trill! Andorian! My main is a Trill Should have been an Andorian.

Fixed it for you.

I have nightmares now, a disenheaded beard, the space where its eyes aren't glaring at me.

I activate my overpowered tractor beam and a fire high yield quantum torpedo spread at the beard, followed by a phaser lance shoot, activate my phased-battle-cloak and ablative hull armour, and quantum slipstream at transwarp away in my Typhoon Class.

Then I sob quietly in my sleep. ​​

messed%20up%20vulcan%20captain_zps4bqdscvp.jpg~original

Hehe. >:)
    ...What in the name of the Great Unshaven North Pole Immortal?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Bajoran or nothing!

This thread will now be taking in survivors of the Iconian War.

P.S. Iconians only!

I survived the Iconian War. It was a lot like the climax of the Poochie episode of the Simpsons, only dragged out for 5 years.

mGglxj5.gif

iWlgujx.jpg

P.S., I think a MACO outfit would be a great addition to Season 11.
    ExtxpTp.jpg

Fixed it for you.

Then I sob quietly in my sleep.

messed%20up%20vulcan%20captain_zps4bqdscvp.jpg~original

Hehe. >:)

Arrrgh, FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!

What the hell is that?
    ​​

#TASforSTO

I have no frickin' clue...
    ...I've got it! It's Riker's beard, circa 2410, if he hadn't shaved during Insurrection!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Or we can move our attentions from the MACO uniforms to the 'Ship's Cap' that was also on Enterprise that's another Most Requested...

Even if those kind of caps are more a Navy tradition than a Starfleet one, I still like the image that Enterprise gave us of officers in Excursion uniforms stepping out of a shuttle and putting on their covers. It's something I can easily see being done even in the 25th century during assignments to places like Nimbus and New Romulus, even Kobali Prime or Vulcan... I mean, picture it; a captain beams down to New Romulus, adjusts his hat and comments "Next stop, the Atlai - water, bugs and wild animals."

Maybe having ships' names and registry numbers on them wouldn't be possible, but they could still have profile views of different ship classes on the front of them to at least give the impression that they're 'ship's issue'. An Akira-class (Thunderchild, Armitage, Alita, etc.) could wear a "Cap - Akira" with an Akira-class ship on it, a "Cap - Galaxy" for Exploration Cruiser captains, a "Cap - Intrepid" for LRSV captains, etc...

This surely, but speaking of caps of a more stately variety, wasn't that a fairly covered uniform piece in "Into Darkness"?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    We're more likely to see the ballcaps like the ones seen on Enterprise than the hats from Into Darkness because of legal issues.