test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Small forum art design change [Feb. 13, 2014] *Changes complete, see post #208*

Comments

• eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Maybe add a gray border around user posts, which have a black background and look a bit odd.

Yeah tried doing that, got the left side ok, but couldn't work out the right side.
    Thought it was better looking even than lop sided lol

Might have another go at it tomorrow, and update style if I manage to work it out.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad people are finding it useful :)

Shame my thread was merged in here to be lost in pages of dislike.

I'll see about adding the post to my sig so people can find out about it going forward.

Would you be able to get rid of the horrid grey that remains in the search and around the post writing window? My 'trial and error' method has so far yielded no results in this area.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aaaaand we are practically talking to ourselves for 30 pages now.

We still do not learn it. Cryptic asks for our opinions, they replay for the first few pages and do what they wanted to do anyway.

That's because forum users are such a small minority of the total player count that they've made ignoring us a knee-jerk response, even when it's the "small minority" who are forum users talking about the forums. :rolleyes:
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE FORUM!?

Is this Ark's fault?!

I liked it the way it used to be; I dislike change, a lot of the time.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »

Is this Ark's fault?!

I thought I'd lost the plot, I've been saying to my wife for over an hour now that it has changed - and looks odd, not sure on it.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a heads up for all you guys at Cryptic/PWE who are responsible for these new forums.

In case you didn't know, there have been many revolutionary developments in the field of visual display technology in recent years. In fact many people have monitors that can display things in something called colour (or color if my crazy foreign spelling confuses you).

Apparently rather then use multiple shades of grey, people can now see things that are all the colours of the rainbow. I know it sounds crazy but I assure you it is true.

Unless of course you already know of these colours I speak of, in which case I'm guessing you think the vast majority of your playerbase are canine and have no use for anything other than black, white and grey.
  • slashdot1slashdot1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lol! All i`m missing now is the 8-bit color scene to make it look really retro :P
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Is this Ark's fault?!

Happened yesterday. Check out Brandons thread on Galactic news neywork
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm just gonna throw this out there, in case somebody could use it for, say, making the forums look better:

http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Gray is okay, but the white is not alright.

Also, if they are fiddling with the VBulletin, at least they could've added the Report Button that you see typically on VBulletin.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    they killed it

THEY KILLED IT

its dead jim >=/
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Grey and grey and grey and grey
    grey and grey and grey
    I can sing a woodlouse...

(sung to the theme of "I can sing a rainbow"):D

Too hard to tell what page I'm on in a thread as the whites on grey are too damn similar. Bold white is far too close to normal white on a grey background surrounded by more greys than should exist.
    It's perpetual Autumn here in the UK already, I don't want more grey!
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Absolutely dreadful.

And so are the fora changes.

But Cryptics ability to deal with negative feedback is a joke.

If we'd been praising these changes the devs would have been all over this thread, soaking in the goodwill.

However, the thread isn't........so, they just ignore us.

Absolutely dreadful.

And where's the community manager?

Doing a livestream of relatively old content on a weekday afternoon.

Yeah, thats where he needs to be.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think someone had a grey nightmare last night and went grey trigger paint happy today :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind it too much. But I'm not in love with the top banner.

Did it really need a change?

-Klintobean
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's something wrong with the forum? Odd, it seems to work to me, if there is something wrong with it, how are you posting?
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind it too much. But I'm not in love with the top banner.

Did it really need a change?

-Klintobean

On the contrary, it seems very apt. I see an outstretched hand holding a Federation phaser about to fire. I find it refreshingly honest and candid of the state of the Federation in the scope of STO. Very appropriate and cards face up on the table-ish.

Edit: It may also be construed as one courageous Starfleet officers mission to stave off an entire fleet of Klingon ships armed only with a single standard issue Starfleet phaser. Very heroic. :)
  • jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i dont mind the colors... but the FONT.. It is unreadable!! Please can you do anything about that?
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • adamwehn1979adamwehn1979 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not a fan of the change, the fonts seem smaller to me. And my eyes are having trouble focusing when I look at the different sections listing.
    These aren't the droids you're looking for.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014

They hired an outside contractor to clean it up. Said contractor wasn't up to snuff and didn't realize that "black" plus "lots of bleach" doesn't turn out so well. :P
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hey rinkster, based on a lot of your posts I have read in the last few weeks, you are pretty "upset" :D
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited February 2014
    I love the forums and I have Always loved engaging with you fellow forumites, but I can't take this much more - my eyes hurt and I get a massive headache after a few minutes.

Does anyone else have eye trouble reading? Are you getting headaches as well or is it just me and I should see the doctor?
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ALIENS!!! Aliens invasion!!! The GREYS ARE HERE!!!!!! :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is a firefox add-on that somebody made. It changes the forum almost to what it was before the changes. I really recommend it. See the last few pages of the big thread under Galactic news announcements.

There is also a mod add-on for chrome.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15156361&postcount=301

(This message was in a thread in general discussion, so it probably won't make sense if stuff is merged).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't had trouble.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15156361&postcount=301

Go through the steps, and it will solve your eye strain problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone else have eye trouble reading? Are you getting headaches as well or is it just me and I should see the doctor?

No. Nothing. The old forum was white letters on a black background. The new forum is white letters on a dark gray background. The difference in terms of visual display is quite minimal. If you are experiencing headaches or pain in your eyes, you should see your eye doctor. Could be something completely unrelated to these forums. Could just be you spend too much time reading computer screens in general. That does lead to eyesight issues.

But I'm just guessing as I'm not an eye doctor. Consult a professional. Get it looked at. Hope it's nothing serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hey rinkster, based on a lot of your posts I have read in the last few weeks, you are pretty "upset" :D

LOL

More like something I wrote in another thread.

If the devs were sat in frontof me right now, I'd look at them sadly for a while before lowering my eyes and muttering "I'm very disappointed in you"

And, no, you can't haz my stuff :P
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Every time a forum changes, the users cry foul. It a couple years, they will change again, and we'll see these same post.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope, I'm good.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.