test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what the devs need to think about is most of us players have jobs and don't have the time to do this stupid grinding for a ship so they might as well just give us the ship for free
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    In the interests of giving useful feedback I'm going to lay out how I approach these kinds of events, in the hopes that other people will affirm what I am saying and so that it makes sense.

When I am using a character in a multi-day event, like the Winter Event, I recognize that it can take a certain amount of time to get from point A to point B. Add in stops at the Bank or Exchange, and it gets even longer.

Because I know I have limited time to earn the rewards, because I have limited play time before wife aggro kicks in, and because I am likely going to run this event on multiple characters I pretty much "park" those characters at the starting point for the event.

If I don't, I run the risk that I will run out of time and won't be able to collect what I need to finish the event.

I did nothing else with those characters, except DOFFing. This past Winter Event, I had three characters who barely ever left ESD/Qo'Nos. I logged them on, I ran the race, I sometimes did some of the other activities for awhile, and I logged out. I didn't use up any time going from point A to point B. It would have been a lot harder if the Winter Wonderland didn't have convenient Bank services.

My 2 boys were running the event with me, one at a time since we only have two laptops. Likewise, they never left the event the whole time. Unlike me, they don't have all of those handy transwarp destinations and slipstream drives to fall back on yet. They did not progress in the storyline, they did not level like they would have if they had been running the normal mission progression. Some nights (some of those were school nights) we basically did the race and got out.

Is it any wonder that we get tired of events by the time they're over?

Sure, we could have done other stuff, too. But that would have involved all of that point A to point B travel time. It definitely would've had a negative influence on marital bliss. And, like I said, there were many nights we simply didn't have time to do more than race. The boys had to get the hang of the ice track at first, and had to redo it 3-4 tries a night.

During that time, I didn't earn a lot of dilithium. I didn't earn a lot of fleet marks. Most of my non-Event Reputations came to a standstill. Choosing to make these events a priority means that I am not doing other things that earns the resources I need to build my characters and my fleet, or helping my boys to level up to 50.

That's what I'm reacting to. I was looking forward to a fun, quick, no-stress anniversary mission where my boys get a free ship to fly when they get to level 50. Because that's been the precedent set up until now. I give Cryptic money on a regular basis, so it's not like I'm not supporting the game and crying for freebies at Cryptic's expense.

Well said sir, it is most logical to park if you want the ships.

Also,
    (how about an account level ship unlock for getting 1000 qmendations? Give everyone the same hill to climb.)

Why can't that be done, at least for the anniversary ships?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    what the devs need to think about is most of us players have jobs and don't have the time to do this stupid grinding for a ship so they might as well just give us the ship for free

Yeah and they need to realize that we also play OTHER games too, and do other things in general with our life, like sleeping and eating, and not just playing Star Trek everyday for hours.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah and they need to realize that we also play OTHER games too

Unless it's Neverwinter or Champions, they really don't want us playing other games
    bridges.jpg
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Unless it's Neverwinter or Champions, they really don't want us playing other games

hopefully that was a joke heh. Everyone I know who plays star trek plays alot of other games on steam or consoles or even tablets. I play other games while playing star trek just to deny them of boring me between cooldowns on specific stfs.
    edited January 2014
    hopefully that was a joke heh.

Let's say it was a joke based in a kind of common sense, because that's how it was meant.
    bridges.jpg
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If she is indeed a 9 console ship I go from satisfied to aggravated.

Not going to grind for a ship that is behind the ships I have already ground for.

Perhaps I earned some time off... Lame...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • ari3sholeari3shole Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    New executive producer Stephen D'Angelo,

we all know that when someone new comes to be executive producer he is making radical changes in the game.

He wants to show to the Perfect World that when he become head of Cryptic that he did bring something to the game the new players, better online playing of STO, more players online etc...just for some stupid statistic to show that he matters.

In this point he wants to achieve that goals on our backs forcing us to grind like this " Free gift anniversary grind " that is really selfish from D'Angelo and clearly showing us that he has some ego issues.

So D'Angelo did you ever hear about false advertizing that players can sue company for that?

We as community can easily do that and guess what? We would won. Even we as community can ask the Perfect World for your resignation.

I don't care if it late to change your point of view of this anniversary, if you and your team will not sleep for 7 days and 7 nights .... CHANGE IT!!!!!

Really that is 50 lines of code, and you and your team have enough time to change it and test it. So stop playing stupid!!! And trying to bribe us with this puny
    "Giveaway Announcement!" from C-store.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so this is 9 consoles ship not 10 console ships like before......:mad:
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I read through the first 20+ pages of gripes and thought about why STO would use rep model for anniversary event... filler in place of real content.

Just like when Mom or Dad gives a kid a gameboy to avoid any real attention to the kid, STO is using the 15-day grind to delay having to give attention to the lack of new content. Grind as busy work means more time for Devs.

I just think the same time would have been better spent doing the same (or similar) style as last year's anniversary event, and then the mission could have been rolled into the storyline when the fleet version is released. ;)

Rep Grind is not content just like cotton candy is not nutrition.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

This image was taken from Tribble, but I wanted to provide a few important notes about this. The free ships this year are not your average Anniversary ship; they've got some extremely amazing bells and whistles, and even 2 new mechanics being introduced for the first time (more info soon). Because of this, you'll need to work a tad bit harder for a free ship over just running an episode one time. However! You will receive a package of 400 Qmendations as a one-time reward the first time you complete the Featured Episode, "A Step Between Stars." That means you only need to collect 600 more, which at 40 a day from completing a short daily, will take 15 days out of the 25+ days the event runs. There should also be a Lobi option for additional/ substitute Qmendations.

All of this info and much more will be coming up in our Dev Blogs next week, and I think once you see the ships, you'll see why a little extra effort for the ships will be more than worth it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hi Captains,

I wanted to stop by and let you know we've been reading (and will continue to) this thread since it's inception and are considering your feedback -- it's not being fallen deaf ears and we appreciate the passion everyone has around the event and the new ships. Please just remember to keep your feedback constructive, as nonconstructive feedback is harder to consider.

I may have some additional information than this, but here is some more information about the event that I can share now:

• As mentioned, you'll get 400 Qmendations on your first play through of the new FE.
    • The "daily" to get 40 more has taken 2-5 minutes on average during testing, and you either complete one mini-game or another for the daily.
    • The event runs for 28 days (we say 25+ as we also have maintenances, etc.)
    • With only 600 more Qmendations needed, you'll need to complete 15 dailies in those 28 days (around once every other day, or so).

We've got this information and much more planned in upcoming Dev Blogs, so stay tuned and thanks again for your passion and feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I've been away for quite sometime, taking a break as the grind just got too much for me. I came back as I heard of the anniversary was again being celebrated and as in the past we were being offered new ships.

The tonight I was replying to the give away thread, thanks for that by the way, and saw a comment about these ships and did some searching and found this thread and these posts.

Being somewhat of a loyal fan, disgruntled at time due to being a KDF player, I must say I am very disappointed by this change. Isn't there enough grind in this game, excessive grind with the base system and rep system. I used to like rolling a lot of characters for the fun of it but when the rep system came out I found it was no longer fee sable for me and had to delete so many characters. I have further reduced the amount of characters I play to only two for the very same reason.

It's summer where I live and as such the Australian summer in the bush can sometimes reach 50 degrees C, which means computer stays off. Plus like other people I do have a life outside STO and can't long on everyday. Even if this 2-5 min mission, it requires you to log on once every 24 hours right? If you miss out that's it right? I'm not going even touch the lobi option, a waste of money there.

I seriously think this new method no matter what perks the new ships have over older ones isn't worth it. Please change it to either a reasonable amount of days like 5 or 7, or just go back to how it used to be. Failing that extend it for a coupe of months rather than just 25-28 days. This is one of the things that really bugs me about this game, all these limited time rewards, have to play the game at certain times, often daily to get these things. Not a very good reason to play when some of us simply can;t get on at those times.

Lasty weren't these ships said to be free? I don't see grinding was free, as you have to work at it. Playing a mission to get them sure, it's fun to do it a couple of times over a couple of characters, would be even better if the missions were faction unique, but grind it's work and thus not a free ship. I'm not really impressed by that to be honest.

I am having second thoughts of coming back and participating in the anniversary ship mission, um sorry anniversary ship grind.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    so this is 9 consoles ship not 10 console ships like before......:mad:
    Last time with ambassador class ship we also got 9 console ship but few weeks later they gave us option to buy fleet version with 10 consoles. Could be they will do the same now. Although, when we got obelisk, we got option to buy 10 console from lobi store or exchange if someone else bought it for us.
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    If you want to make money then keep it simple for the Anniversary event, then drop the Fleet version with the 4xmodules (no discount), and the ship to the Z-store for those that don't want or have the time for the event (with the discount for the Fleet version).
    I was thinking the same thing.
  • turjanturjan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Grinding for a celebration is just silly, pure and simple.

I mean, if I'm hosting an anniversary party at my home, do I stand outside the front door and say to my guests "Now, I've got a lovely anniversary feast laid on inside...but before you can have any, you all have to run around my garden touching each bush. Once a day. For 15 days. Isn't my party just the coolest?"

No. No, it isn't.

You see, a party game is only a 'game' for as long as the partygoers universally agree it is. That's why it's a party and not work...

Those of us with many toons have only just got over having to run Q's ice race literally HUNDREDS of times only a couple of weeks ago, and while it may have been fun to begin with, it was most definitely a chore by the end (especially if, like me, this is the third year you've done it on a lot of toons).

And CHORE does not equal GAME. Because by definition, GAME = FUN and CHORE is not fun.

However I'm also not in favour of everyone simply logging in and being given the Dyson ships that the STO devs have worked hard to make for us. To go back to my party analogy, that would be a bit like a guest barging in, stuffing his face with anniversary food, then immediately leaving without even a thankyou.

What I would suggest is making the anniversary ships ACCOUNTWIDE UNLOCKS once the Party Patrol grind has been completed by ONE toon on a player's account.

Otherwise, Cryptic is just penalizing its most loyal players - because logically the more toons a player has, the more they like the game.

Rewarding that dedication with grind at a time when the players should be celebrating along with the devs is just insulting.
  • leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your goal is for people to login to the game every day. Our goal is to play the game the way we want to, without stupid repetitions. Let's meet at the middle. You want us to login every day for15 days, fine. Just add qumidations to all STFs ,Defera, fleet, Dyson missions as a daily reward. We are happy, you get participation. Win win.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    turjan wrote: »
    Grinding for a celebration is just silly, pure and simple.

I mean, if I'm hosting an anniversary party at my home, do I stand outside the front door and say to my guests "Now, I've got a lovely anniversary feast laid on inside...but before you can have any, you all have to run around my garden touching each bush. Once a day. For 15 days. Isn't my party just the coolest?"

No. No, it isn't.

You see, a party game is only a 'game' for as long as the partygoers universally agree it is. That's why it's a party and not work...

Those of us with many toons have only just got over having to run Q's ice race literally HUNDREDS of times only a couple of weeks ago, and while it may have been fun to begin with, it was most definitely a chore by the end (especially if, like me, this is the third year you've done it on a lot of toons).

And CHORE does not equal GAME. Because by definition, GAME = FUN and CHORE is not fun.

However I'm also not in favour of everyone simply logging in and being given the Dyson ships that the STO devs have worked hard to make for us. To go back to my party analogy, that would be a bit like a guest barging in, stuffing his face with anniversary food, then immediately leaving without even a thankyou.

What I would suggest is making the anniversary ships ACCOUNTWIDE UNLOCKS once the Party Patrol grind has been completed by ONE toon on a player's account.

Otherwise, Cryptic is just penalizing its most loyal players - because logically the more toons a player has, the more they like the game.

Rewarding that dedication with grind at a time when the players should be celebrating along with the devs is just insulting.

I can support this suggestion.

Faction Wide Account unlock if the player is willing to do the grind, meaning that I would only have to endure running the event with 3 Characters instead of the 10 that I have.

I suppose it could be made even more player friendly by making it an account wide unlock that awards each faction specific vessel to proper characters on the players account provided that at least one Character on the account has completed the event.

The way that this anniversary event is currently set up it just does not feel like a celebration; it feels more like a milk grind IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    errab wrote: »

Faction Wide Account unlock if the player is willing to do the grind, meaning that I would only have to endure running the event with 3 Characters instead of the 10 that I have.

I suppose it could be made even more player friendly by making it an account wide unlock that awards each faction specific vessel to proper characters on the players account provided that at least one Character on the account has completed the event.

The way that this anniversary event is currently set up it just does not feel like a celebration; it feels more like a milk grind IMO.

Thats what I suggested a few pages ago.

But then again. D'Angelo is known to be kind of allergic to the word "account wide".... If that didn't happen with DStahl as CO it will even less happen with D'Angelo....
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if this thread will reach a 1000 comments? it's already at 817
  • ari3sholeari3shole Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    errab wrote: »

I would definitely support a faction-specific account-wide unlock. The grind for 3 characters - kind of boring, but at least less "grindy" than trying to quick level up new toons, etc.

If account-wide is a bad word, as it seems to be, perhaps an alternative to grinding every single character would be the ability to get a sponsorship token for the other toons. Something that works through the reputation system, allowing your main character to do most of the grind, and the sponsorship token represents the amount of dailies needed.

Then every character/captain has to complete the one FE mission that rewards 400 Qmendations, but a sponsorship token equals 600 Qmendations to the receiving character/captain.

I personally don't mind doing FE missions on all characters, but it's been over a year since I've been actually able to PLAY the game due to all of the grinding, with rep projects, fleet projects, be-at-this-level to participate in such-and-such an event, etc. I would really like to go through the storyline and missions, including the FE's, with at least one of my characters.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it hilarious that people are complaining about repeating one of 2 minigames 15 times....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, go punch a steel wall every day and we'll give you $20. Also if you punch that wall for every member in your family you'll get an addition $20 per family member. 45 family members?! Well you have to punch the steel wall 45 times a day for 15 days... Oh, and you have to punch it hard with the same hand. Your hand is hurting from the last event? Too bad, this is another steel wall event.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Why is everyone complaining? You're getting free stuff :rolleyes:

I hope that cleared things up.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Please please please please start taking into account that (and I will bet most of your) players have more than one character.

Oh they do, you can grind on your other characters, too!

After what I seen in summer/winter events, Cryptic turned anniversary mission into another form of grind. I dont care if the reward is a ship that switches boff stations and deflector/dhc, or if it has 9 or 10 consoles - I will not grind for it, and I will cretainly not open lockboxes for lobi to "lessen the grind".

Its not an anniversary event anymore, its another "buy keys" campaign.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Yeah, go punch a steel wall every day and we'll give you $20. Also if you punch that wall for every member in your family you'll get an addition $20 per family member. 45 family members?! Well you have to punch the steel wall 45 times a day for 15 days... Oh, and you have to punch it hard with the same hand. Your hand is hurting from the last event? Too bad, this is another steel wall event.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Why is everyone complaining? You're getting free stuff :rolleyes:

This actually isn't the first time I heard dealing with Q is like punching a steel wall.
  • goddessoflifegoddessoflife Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it hilarious that people are complaining about repeating one of 2 minigames 15 times....
    atlantra wrote: »

Alantra & Hawkman,

You really need to stop and think about what people are talking about here. Yes there is valid points in there complaints and some of what you said is true atlantra. But in end it give you no right to reply as you do hawk. People are burned out due to the rep and this endless grind TRIBBLE. Hell even i'm tired of grinding after 3 toons and i have 4 more to go. Just try to think of others before you post please. And Brandon at least consider knocking it back to 10 days just this way people with multiple characters can get the item and not be left out. That is all i ask.

My 2 cents of opinion if it matters anyway.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You're implying that there's somehow an objective factor in it. Even if the entire population agrees on one position, it's still an opinion.

It is true, that "good" and "bad" are often value judgements. But we can imagine systems like Kantian Ethics or John Rawl's Social Justice Theory that try to create objective characterizations of "ethical" or "just." Using a form of argumentation like this we could interpret whether Cryptic's decisions may conform to or conflict with these seemingly objective categories.

That being said, I am not making that argument today. I vote "I don't like grinds," and doubt I will participate. Those ships are ugly anyway. I do tend to prefer ships that emulate faction designs over those Breen ships and Obelisk ship that just sit in my inventory. But I don't like the idea of a Voth inspired Federation ship, and I worry more about the implication of more Voth inspiration for season 9. I also think there is enough grind in STO, and worry that this decision is an unhealthy direction for the game.
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had initially been ok with this grind, thinking it was a 10 console/fleet grade ship ('normal' ones take longer to grind for in terms of ec/dil/zen anyway...)

but looking at newest dev blog that isnt going to be the case? ( 9 console slots in screenie )

Went from getting it on my 3 mains and possible alts if the daily wasnt too bad : to probably not bothering at all :P
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree. I have three chars, one per faction, all tacticals. In my humble opinion, they should make it account-wide unlocks.

Or at least make a 50-50.

You unpack the ship, and it is bound to you. Make it available through fleet spire and instead of making us pay let's say 2 modules like the Obelisk for other toons (still 9 console layout), it will cost only one. This should make a fair approach for those who want them on all toons without getting so much bored to hate their playtime for two weeks.

If you hadn't got one it will stay full-priced of course.

Really, I'm currently farming for getting the other two romulan dreadnought (TRIBBLE me who couldn't resist to the Scimitar itself!). By those two weeks, I'll be done and honestly, rocking on them only. The Fed has already a Mobius (which looks identical if not better to these hybrids) and a fleet Avenger to have fun with, Klingon... I don't play it if not for farming purposes :D but has the breen raider, with one more console slot.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Except you're not getting something for free. You are working for a reward for a character. Sure you may not 'pay' with EC, but you're doing a task, it's keeping you logged in ,padding their numbers and hoping you're in a fleet so your fleetmates can see. Plus you're devoting your time to potentially do this more then once. Even if say they move it to the fleet store (which people put effort and time to unlock, so far from it as well), it will still cost modules, which someone paid 5 bucks. Again, you may buy it with credits.. but real cash was exchanged to generate the item somewhere.

Free will be those cstore account-wide unlock items, for good or worse. Even if it is a marketing aspect. I can log in, run a quick STF or event and get enough markets to raise my reputation. Doesn't mean it was for free. People are seriously buying into this stuff and it's sad.

To Cryptic, this is a pretty new low. This really shines of some Korean grind MMO style lately. But since you feel so intent on copying it, let me remind you of some history. Even the biggest K-MMO had a mass leaving of people who got fed up. From people who knew what they were talking into and grinded everything in a game with terrible drop rates and much more. I'd becareful just cause you're really fast approaching that straw that's breaking the camel's back. Then again, what do you really care. One look at Champions shows just that. How fast you move on to other games and how much you can turn each one into a crazy grind.

I mean do you guys even hear yourselves? "Oh we put some work into this so you have to grind." It's not even like the mechanic is going to stay exclusive to these ships. Hell, you couldn't have even been bothered to come up with a story reasoning. (Insert Faction) engineers have been working -- wait, so why is Q is involved in this? Sorry Sir, I didn't play with Q long enough so I can't get a ship? If you're just going to give everyone a free pack? Why not just I dunno reduce the number needed overall? Or hell, drop the pointless time gates. But no, we're doing your work and padding your numbers, showing everyone what good little grind monkeys we are. Evident enough by sending our captains/admirals out to mines to do pointless labor getting ore. Even if you're so heartfelt on keeping this grind heavy nonsense in, there are so many better ways to handle it, or make it more friendly. Involve it in people's routines, make it a doff mission, or complete any mission to get credit for it. You got a lot of information that needs to get out there as well.

What happens when the event is over? Is it going to the lolfleet store? Or are there going to be c-store versions? This is the best you can do for the celebration? Least the Temporal Ambassador one is still around. You know, yeah, I don't grind that mission. But I have replayed it on every alt that got that high in level. This new stuff? Can't say I will. Did the winter grind. Only the ship from the race, and even that was boring between two characters. Didn't see a point in grinding holiday items. Grind holiday to... kill snowmen easier for what? To.. kill them some more? Some accolades? Unless they have a neat passive... pass. Some recolored clothing from last year...? Pass. (Though this is a personal preference. As the outfit wasn't for me.)

I like the idea of incorporating new technology, new ideas and new ships. This is something that would have been great for that Dyson T5 reward instead of a boff who you can't rename, can't customize. Heck the carrier should have been the same way, but nope. Can't pass up a way to throw grind + per alt unfriendly fleet modules into it. Oh well. We hit max level, we turn into mark farmers, dilithium farmers, fleet farmers, event farmers, might as well add anniversary farming to it as well. It's what we do best.

I'll just quote this one because what I would have written will most likely get me banned.

:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And so begins the end of STO. Which, is really sad, as this game was starting to get better.

The Free C-Store items? That is a joke. Just a quick bribe to try and calm the masses, and as you can see Cryptic, it isn't working. Like most players, all the ships that I might or do want, are already unlocked. So, for me, the 3 days of "Free" ships (Or whatever they give), will not help/please me as I will undoubtedly have those unlocked anyway. So, I will probably get nothing. If you want to make people happy with something, how about just awarding Zen? Say that you plan to give away 5000 Zen worth of ships. How about just giving each player that Zen instead? Let them use it as they see fit. That way, you are not giving away something that a lot of people already have unlocked.

I really, REALLY, liked BranFlakes comment about "No one was supposed to see that". Yeah, we were not supposed to know about the grind and change of the Anniversary Event until either a day before or the day of the start, and then it would be too late to do anything about. REALLY??? So, is that the shape of things to come for STO? Is that why we have a new Executive Producer? Someone to change the whole game to a point that no one will want to play, even if it is F2P? Because that is the way things are going. Oh, and you can tell them that the "Secret Projects" and the Console version of the games is a big joke. No one has commented on THAT yet. How you are going to be changing the entire dynamics of STO to make it work on a Console. Anyway, that is for a different forum, sorry, got off subject.

And, before people start yelling that I am just wanting something for free and don't want to work for it, let me say this to you..... I am a Lifetime Subscriber. I have, in the last year alone, spent over $2,500 USD on this game. So, yeah, I feel that I am entitled to my opinion and yes, I think the ships should be free to EVERYONE. Like they were in the past. If you have to work for it, it is not Free. Period.
    And another doom post it tends to happen every month or so :P

You do realize they did the same thing last year giving away free c-store items so your theory on "doing this to calm the masses" doesn't make sense in this scenario. They're doing it because they DO want to thank the players. If they didn't care, they wouldn't do free stuff at all. I will comment on the EP thing after...
    ari3shole wrote: »
    New executive producer Stephen D'Angelo,

we all know that when someone new comes to be executive producer he is making radical changes in the game.

He wants to show to the Perfect World that when he become head of Cryptic that he did bring something to the game the new players, better online playing of STO, more players online etc...just for some stupid statistic to show that he matters.

In this point he wants to achieve that goals on our backs forcing us to grind like this " Free gift anniversary grind " that is really selfish from D'Angelo and clearly showing us that he has some ego issues.

So D'Angelo did you ever hear about false advertizing that players can sue company for that?

We as community can easily do that and guess what? We would won. Even we as community can ask the Perfect World for your resignation.

I don't care if it late to change your point of view of this anniversary, if you and your team will not sleep for 7 days and 7 nights .... CHANGE IT!!!!!

Really that is 50 lines of code, and you and your team have enough time to change it and test it. So stop playing stupid!!! And trying to bribe us with this puny
    "Giveaway Announcement!" from C-store.
    This anniversary event was planned MONTHS ago so I doubt it had much to do with Stephen. And no, it's not false advertising as it IS free. You're not having to pay real life money.As for the "it's only 50 lines of code". I didn't know you work for Cryptic/PWE because I'm betting it's a bit more than 50 lines.

And before someone comes along forgetting I've been here for over 4 years and not always the "fanboy" and thinks I'm defending this grind idea, I'm not. I actually hate the grind as much as anyone else to be honest. But really 15 days out of the 28ish it's running and it's a 10ish minute mission? I got better things to complain about than that ;)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113