test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well I'm sorry but I for one am gonna enjoy this event and I am sure I am not alone and if they do a different one every month I will enjoy them all, regardless of what you need to do to get an item or ship the more new things they keep coming up with throughout the year the better, I think its awesome. grind grind grind I love it.
    You are not alone, those that complain are always the loudest :) We didn't get free c-store items last anniversary so this is even better event. Have fun everyone!
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    You are not alone, those that complain are always the loudest :) We didn't get free c-store items last anniversary so this is even better event. Have fun everyone!

the free cstore items is just a ninja bribe to accept this grinding. playing a game like a job. :confused:
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well I'm sorry but I for one am gonna enjoy this event and I am sure I am not alone and if they do a different one every month I will enjoy them all, regardless of what you need to do to get an item or ship the more new things they keep coming up with throughout the year the better, I think its awesome. grind grind grind I love it.

I love when people come in, read one or two of the posts in the thread, and make an uniformed post on what they think is being talked about in the thread..

painstakingly I have read every post in here, this is more than just about getting something for free, and if you had read anything you would have seen that..
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the free cstore items is just a ninja bribe to accept this grinding. playing a game like a job. :confused:

yeah it is lol.. look at when it hit.. so much later than they usually post things.. it was odd when I logged in and saw it posted so late.. like I said, it was a good gesture, but it doesn't change the fact that something is wrong..
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We didn't get free c-store items last anniversary so this is even better event. Have fun everyone!

Seeing I have pretty much every C-store ship I want, how good this is greatly depends on who the player is and what is actually offered.

But it still doesn't really change the fact that the mechanic around getting this new ship is rather stupid. Grinds are okay, limited time grinds are annoying. And how easy or fun the repeatable portion is doesn't really change that.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there going to be a minimum level to take part? I only have one character that the ships might be appropriate for, and he's only level 2 because I haven't touched him since I unlocked the Remen species and created the character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Seeing I have pretty much every C-store ship I want, how good this is greatly depends on who the player is and what is actually offered.

Could you fix that quote? Check the link (red button next to my name in your post.) You've got a crossed wire somewhere.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

I wanted to stop by and let you know we've been reading (and will continue to) this thread since it's inception and are considering your feedback -- it's not being fallen deaf ears and we appreciate the passion everyone has around the event and the new ships. Please just remember to keep your feedback constructive, as nonconstructive feedback is harder to consider.

I may have some additional information than this, but here is some more information about the event that I can share now:

• As mentioned, you'll get 400 Qmendations on your first play through of the new FE.
    • The "daily" to get 40 more has taken 2-5 minutes on average during testing, and you either complete one mini-game or another for the daily.
    • The event runs for 28 days (we say 25+ as we also have maintenances, etc.)
    • With only 600 more Qmendations needed, you'll need to complete 15 dailies in those 28 days (around once every other day, or so).

We've got this information and much more planned in upcoming Dev Blogs, so stay tuned and thanks again for your passion and feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Holy TRIBBLE! So soon after the WW autograph grind you make another one?!? How about knocking the grind part down to 7 days? (Or 7 for us LTS at least? ;) )

Come on! My PTSD from the WW race isn't even cured yet! I still overcorrect to counter the slide when running, so I end up turning and running into walls! :P

Kinda like giving me a free $20 if you can kick me in the groin. Sure, it's a 'free' $20 but geez. You guys need to think of a new mechanic other than "give me 1000 things I made up just so you can give me 1000 of them" schemes.

Can I just use Q-autographs as filler? I have an extra 1000 of those in the bank. :D

6 toons * 15 days * 2-5 minutes = 3 - 7.5 hrs of extra grinding on top of the grinding I already do. yay.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ive seen some suggest make it 7 days and i could maybe do that and not initiate the final sanctum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A) If you had a job then your perspective on this would be different.

B) The major problem with this is that Cryptic believes that these grinds are content. These grinds are not content. Apparently Cryptic has decided that this game does not need content.
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But they said it will take 5 minutes a day. I guess I am lucky that I didn't go for winter event ship this year so I have enough energy for this one :) Hope I will be ready for season 9.

I see free c-store items as nice gesture, there are more players that don't have everything from c-store.

Did someone mentioned earlier they could ad this qmendation points to dyson sphere missions? I think I saw it somewhere..that would be good idea as I won't need to do same thing every day. I could do some dyson run and get the qmendation point with other drops. Or they could ad option that voth ships when destoroyed, drop this qmedation mark for the new ship. Maybe diversity of ways to earn it will be better for everyone as part of it is players usual play.

For those that have more alts that will go for this ship, they should consider which alt is really going to use it, just to avoid "job" part of the game.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see free c-store items as nice gesture, there are more players that don't have everything from c-store.

Ehhh... sadly it's niceness is inversely proportional to the monetary support you've given to STO. I've bought alot of the stuff with Zen. Last time they did this I got 1 thing for free, while all the free players that didn't spend a penny got 5 things. Just seems like they are 'thanking' the wrong group the most. Really should be an alternate prize (like lobi) for those that already bought the freebie.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited January 2014
    I'm firmly on the side of being against grinding. If you make the items the thing to covet and the grind is the method by which the items are procured, then requiring the player to repeat the respective missions ad nauseum is the complete opposite of fun. It all seems as though the grind is put there to irritate the players into just relenting and buying some zen to get the items. That being the case, then the more PWE wants us to buy stuff, the more grind they're going to add, to the point that people stop caring about the items and start to see their entire game was about being a Ferengi rather than a Star Fleet captain.

For the love of Q, the appeal of Star Trek is discovery, mystery, danger, and existentialism.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

This image was taken from Tribble, but I wanted to provide a few important notes about this. The free ships this year are not your average Anniversary ship; they've got some extremely amazing bells and whistles, and even 2 new mechanics being introduced for the first time (more info soon). Because of this, you'll need to work a tad bit harder for a free ship over just running an episode one time. However! You will receive a package of 400 Qmendations as a one-time reward the first time you complete the Featured Episode, "A Step Between Stars." That means you only need to collect 600 more, which at 40 a day from completing a short daily, will take 15 days out of the 25+ days the event runs. There should also be a Lobi option for additional/ substitute Qmendations.

All of this info and much more will be coming up in our Dev Blogs next week, and I think once you see the ships, you'll see why a little extra effort for the ships will be more than worth it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Here's a poll question - at what point did Cryptic forget that much of its intended audience, and player base, is localized to regions where paid professions that involve grinding don't generally make use of keyboards (unless you're into that sort of thing)?

And it's a serious poll question given the circumstance of these "Free ships" which, like everything else in the game, are not free (at all).

At best, these ships are "reward" obtained for the "job" of testing Cryptic's product; at worse, these ships are, "payment" for the "job" of testing Cryptic's product. And in neither case is "satisfaction" provided to the "employee" (a.k.a. "player"/"slave-laborer"/"unpaid-tester") as that would entail respecting said subject instead of engaging in the policy of regular corn-holing without even considering, let alone providing, a reach around.

Here's another poll question - how many compulsive spenders have to go bankrupt before Star Trek Online is classified as "unprofitable" again and PWE sells the asset back to Atari?
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/2MyXrWt.jpg

(Event reputation has been extended with a 4th project slot)

STO, you cannot be realistic in expecting folks to go from one grind event to another. The old anniversary method was fine for getting the anniversary ship. If it isn't broke then don't fix it with something STUPID like a grindfest. Use your brains and not greed for getting folks to spend money on lobi (via lockbox keys)... don't ruin the anniversary event. :(
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    yes, normally they are in command of a mission or what not, but rarely took command of the ship itself.. however, I have seen some carriers have admirals as a commanding officer.. I have only ever ( on the Anzio) seen an admiral on a few times for inspection and what not.. they usually prefer the carriers.. (better food, and a much nicer ride lol)..

On the carriers were the admiral was direct commanding officer, did the same admiral also have command of the CBG/CSG? Or was the carrier group deemed important enough to warrant multiple admirals? Also did those carriers have a higher ranked XO and senior officers than normal?

Yes, an admiral aboard anything other than a carrier is usually just visiting. I think given the choice most would prefer to be aboard a carrier, better food, better accommodation, bigger office. :)
    puttenham wrote: »
    but there in lies a problem, we are all captains in command of vessels, and by god, I have never seen so many admirals beaming down into the thick of anything lol...

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

STO does throw some naval convention to the wind, but it is a game after all, and like the TV show, probably doesn't want to get caught up in the minutia.

Though there is precedent for admirals taking direct command of key ships, and in times of war or extraordinary circumstances commands have been assigned to lower ranking officers than would normally happen in peacetime.

Hopefully, one day we may see these little niggles addressed when Cryptic finally releases the much talked about;
    • First Officer system, which would hopefully allow us to promote one of our Bridge Officers to Captain.
    • Increases the level cap and gives us 'Task Group' play, where we command our non active ships in space akin to BOffs on the ground.

Yes, the amount of flag officers beaming down into combat is funny, I'm guessing by 2409 they need every able body, or they just got tired of the paperwork. :P

Kinda contradicts the line from HMS Pinafore "Stick close to your desks, and never go to sea, and you all may be rulers of the queens navy!"
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Could you fix that quote? Check the link (red button next to my name in your post.) You've got a crossed wire somewhere.
    Yeah the quoting system on these forums could use some work.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's a poll question - at what point did Cryptic forget that much of its intended audience, and player base, is localized to regions where paid professions that involve grinding don't generally make use of keyboards (unless you're into that sort of thing)?

And it's a serious poll question given the circumstance of these "Free ships" which, like everything else in the game, are not free (at all).

At best, these ships are "reward" obtained for the "job" of testing Cryptic's product; at worse, these ships are, "payment" for the "job" of testing Cryptic's product. And in neither case is "satisfaction" provided to the "employee" (a.k.a. "player"/"slave-laborer"/"unpaid-tester") as that would entail respecting said subject instead of engaging in the policy of regular corn-holing without even considering, let alone providing, a reach around.

Here's another poll question - how many compulsive spenders have to go bankrupt before Star Trek Online is classified as "unprofitable" again and PWE sells the asset back to Atari?

It's not like those compulsive spenders are being forced to spend their money. They're doing it out of their own accord.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't mind the grind on a fleet level ship. After all I am getting something for free, it is up to the player to decide if we want to grind. I do have some concerns.

1. With Fridays Dev blog it does not look fleet quality from the screen shots. Only has 9 console slots. All other grind ships have 10 consoles this should be the same. I understand if it is a give away with then we can make it a standard tier five ship.

2. Most players have learned gimmick consoles and abilities should be scrapped over more productive equipment.

3. I fear the level of increase of new ship potential. The game is continuing to make ships obsolete that I have purchased in the past. I own almost every fed science ship and 75% of then are not worth using. I do understand. This game is f2p, and ships bring cash in.

4. The amount of ships inventory cap needs to be raised. I don't mind purchasing the other spots. If I had every lockbox ship, anniversary ship, lobi store, and special event ship I lose room for my daily drivers like the vesta. Either give us more ship places or allow us to reclaim these special ships once the character owns it.

5. I also don't mind grinding some items the fleet holdings and reputation. But taking my time away from them for another grind is getting out of hand. I would rather have a special episode with no big give away than a grind. If we are going to grind for them let the currency be the same. I have 160 autographs and pearls each (or what ever they are called) from the last to grinds. Let me uses those to lighten my load.

6. Although I am giving Cryptic some issues to think about, they are going in a better direction than they have in the past. It is better than no content at all. And the concept art of the new ships look awesome. They don't look canon, but I can appreciate the time and effort put into them.

While I may not fly these ships, I will be getting them but not on all eight of my toons.
    320x240.jpg
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As I read through the thread, the overwhelming issue is the whole grindfest for an Anniversary ship. I think we all accepted the Winter and Summer grind for the non-faction ships associated with these events, especially since these events also had other entertaining activities and the non-faction ships should be something that is worked towards.

The Anniversary event, however, was always seen as a special single mission event that celebrated the birth of the game. Unlike the other events, this event was something we got for our faction (UFP-KDF-RR specific ship). For this reason, many players want to have this ship on all of their toons, which was simple with a single mission reward. The side missions were still there, but not forced upon us. The players will still use the multiple days getting the reward, especially those like me that now have over 10 toons (I have 18). But a grindfest will tell me that this will not be an all-in event with all my toons. Even 2-5 min per toon is still too long, and if the post event response is to drop this ship into the Z-store/Fleet Store after the grindfest, then that will also be write-off since I will only use three toons in a grindfest (just like the other events) and then just ignore any further offers.

If you want to make money then keep it simple for the Anniversary event, then drop the Fleet version with the 4xmodules (no discount), and the ship to the Z-store for those that don't want or have the time for the event (with the discount for the Fleet version). The folks like what you make for them; they just are getting tired of jumping through hoops to get a single ship for a single toon. Please don't ruin the excitement of the Anniversary event by turning it into just another grindfest event. :o
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/2MyXrWt.jpg

(Event reputation has been extended with a 4th project slot)

No No No No No No No No!!! Dont make it grindy like the breen ship its NOT FAIR!!!!:mad:
  • giantspacecrabgiantspacecrab Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I don't mind the grind on a fleet level ship. After all I am getting something for free, it is up to the player to decide if we want to grind. I do have some concerns.

Except you're not getting something for free. You are working for a reward for a character. Sure you may not 'pay' with EC, but you're doing a task, it's keeping you logged in ,padding their numbers and hoping you're in a fleet so your fleetmates can see. Plus you're devoting your time to potentially do this more then once. Even if say they move it to the fleet store (which people put effort and time to unlock, so far from it as well), it will still cost modules, which someone paid 5 bucks. Again, you may buy it with credits.. but real cash was exchanged to generate the item somewhere.

Free will be those cstore account-wide unlock items, for good or worse. Even if it is a marketing aspect. I can log in, run a quick STF or event and get enough markets to raise my reputation. Doesn't mean it was for free. People are seriously buying into this stuff and it's sad.

To Cryptic, this is a pretty new low. This really shines of some Korean grind MMO style lately. But since you feel so intent on copying it, let me remind you of some history. Even the biggest K-MMO had a mass leaving of people who got fed up. From people who knew what they were talking into and grinded everything in a game with terrible drop rates and much more. I'd becareful just cause you're really fast approaching that straw that's breaking the camel's back. Then again, what do you really care. One look at Champions shows just that. How fast you move on to other games and how much you can turn each one into a crazy grind.

I mean do you guys even hear yourselves? "Oh we put some work into this so you have to grind." It's not even like the mechanic is going to stay exclusive to these ships. Hell, you couldn't have even been bothered to come up with a story reasoning. (Insert Faction) engineers have been working -- wait, so why is Q is involved in this? Sorry Sir, I didn't play with Q long enough so I can't get a ship? If you're just going to give everyone a free pack? Why not just I dunno reduce the number needed overall? Or hell, drop the pointless time gates. But no, we're doing your work and padding your numbers, showing everyone what good little grind monkeys we are. Evident enough by sending our captains/admirals out to mines to do pointless labor getting ore. Even if you're so heartfelt on keeping this grind heavy nonsense in, there are so many better ways to handle it, or make it more friendly. Involve it in people's routines, make it a doff mission, or complete any mission to get credit for it. You got a lot of information that needs to get out there as well.

What happens when the event is over? Is it going to the lolfleet store? Or are there going to be c-store versions? This is the best you can do for the celebration? Least the Temporal Ambassador one is still around. You know, yeah, I don't grind that mission. But I have replayed it on every alt that got that high in level. This new stuff? Can't say I will. Did the winter grind. Only the ship from the race, and even that was boring between two characters. Didn't see a point in grinding holiday items. Grind holiday to... kill snowmen easier for what? To.. kill them some more? Some accolades? Unless they have a neat passive... pass. Some recolored clothing from last year...? Pass. (Though this is a personal preference. As the outfit wasn't for me.)

I like the idea of incorporating new technology, new ideas and new ships. This is something that would have been great for that Dyson T5 reward instead of a boff who you can't rename, can't customize. Heck the carrier should have been the same way, but nope. Can't pass up a way to throw grind + per alt unfriendly fleet modules into it. Oh well. We hit max level, we turn into mark farmers, dilithium farmers, fleet farmers, event farmers, might as well add anniversary farming to it as well. It's what we do best.
  • scolouscolou Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so many pages so many walls of text......."SCREAMS"
    Can they please release some more details before we all fall into chaos?

Regardless of the outcome my toons want these ships! all 15 of them!
    can i suggest s discount for subs and lifers at least?
    i didn't do the winter event this year as the last breen ship was of no more use than an excelsior class but i love the dyson zone and i want these ships too so i'll wait and see what i need to do for certain before i worry any.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Yes, you have to grind. We must punish the players with 18+ toons. How dare they 'spend' money getting so many toons".

"Account wide? Make your life easy? Ahahahaha. This must be some sort of joke!"

Hey the ship is 'Free'. It only costs time... Game feels like a job? Hey, you get paid in ships.:rolleyes:
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Holy TRIBBLE! So soon after the WW autograph grind you make another one?!? How about knocking the grind part down to 7 days? (Or 7 for us LTS at least? ;) )

Come on! My PTSD from the WW race isn't even cured yet! I still overcorrect to counter the slide when running, so I end up turning and running into walls! :P

Kinda like giving me a free $20 if you can kick me in the groin. Sure, it's a 'free' $20 but geez. You guys need to think of a new mechanic other than "give me 1000 things I made up just so you can give me 1000 of them" schemes.

Can I just use Q-autographs as filler? I have an extra 1000 of those in the bank. :D

6 toons * 15 days * 2-5 minutes = 3 - 7.5 hrs of extra grinding on top of the grinding I already do. yay.

I would still take the $20...
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    And so begins the end of STO. Which, is really sad, as this game was starting to get better. But, as previous posters have commented on, when a game becomes more work than play, people will seek play elsewhere. There have been lots of comments for and against the Anniversary Ship grind. Personally, I think that these ships need to be like all other Anniversary Events...Do a FE and get the ship as a reward. Cryptic's way of saying "Thank you for being a supporter of the game and as a token of our respect, have a ship!" However, with this grind, Cryptic is sending this message "We don't care if you play the game, but if you do and want a ship without paying Dilithium/Lobi/Zen for it, you must work for it." To me, that is an insult to those of us that have been with the game for a long time and even the new players. If I was just coming into the game, and saw this, I probably would not stay. What is the incentive? The Anniversary Event is the perfect promotional tool for Cryptic. Tells people that they matter.

The Free C-Store items? That is a joke. Just a quick bribe to try and calm the masses, and as you can see Cryptic, it isn't working. Like most players, all the ships that I might or do want, are already unlocked. So, for me, the 3 days of "Free" ships (Or whatever they give), will not help/please me as I will undoubtedly have those unlocked anyway. So, I will probably get nothing. If you want to make people happy with something, how about just awarding Zen? Say that you plan to give away 5000 Zen worth of ships. How about just giving each player that Zen instead? Let them use it as they see fit. That way, you are not giving away something that a lot of people already have unlocked.

I really, REALLY, liked BranFlakes comment about "No one was supposed to see that". Yeah, we were not supposed to know about the grind and change of the Anniversary Event until either a day before or the day of the start, and then it would be too late to do anything about. REALLY??? So, is that the shape of things to come for STO? Is that why we have a new Executive Producer? Someone to change the whole game to a point that no one will want to play, even if it is F2P? Because that is the way things are going. Oh, and you can tell them that the "Secret Projects" and the Console version of the games is a big joke. No one has commented on THAT yet. How you are going to be changing the entire dynamics of STO to make it work on a Console. Anyway, that is for a different forum, sorry, got off subject.

And, before people start yelling that I am just wanting something for free and don't want to work for it, let me say this to you..... I am a Lifetime Subscriber. I have, in the last year alone, spent over $2,500 USD on this game. So, yeah, I feel that I am entitled to my opinion and yes, I think the ships should be free to EVERYONE. Like they were in the past. If you have to work for it, it is not Free. Period.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    Ner do you speak for us.
    He wasn't trying to.
    simeion1 wrote: »
    2. Most players have learned gimmick consoles and abilities should be scrapped over more productive equipment.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So this is what we are getting......

'thank you for being a loyal customer to our product, as a reward here's a free gift just claim it at the desk........

Now

'thank you for being a loyal customer to our product, as a reward heres a fee gift just claim it at the desk, then come back 15 times once a day do the same thing whether you like it or not while you'd rather be doing something else with you limited time.......

Great.....

And one little point those of us with the graphics bug which appears with map transitions are realy happy we have to go from ESD the major cause to academy another cause.

As a lifer it's the first time im beginning to look at other space games, the only real hook with this game anymore is the Star Trek license.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2014
    And so begins the end of STO. Which, is really sad, as this game was starting to get better. But, as previous posters have commented on, when a game becomes more work than play, people will seek play elsewhere.

Yeah, we were not supposed to know about the grind and change of the Anniversary Event until either a day before or the day of the start, and then it would be too late to do anything about. REALLY??? So, is that the shape of things to come for STO? Is that why we have a new Executive Producer?

Maybe that's the whole point of new Executive Producer. Maybe his task is to shutdown STO and make as much money as possible why doing so. Maybe they just got enough $$$ from lifers so now they just want to close the house. Smart way of doing it is to make the player think he himself decided to leave... game is doomed :eek::(:mad:
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    The first time a "free" grind ship came out, I dutifully ground it out on 10+ toons. And of those 10+ toons I fly it on zero of them. The grind took up all of my play time for the month of December that year

*nods* right there is a lot of the issue people are having with the ship grinds. The more time we have to spend doing x to get y, the less time we have to go off and play with previous ships and other stuff. And like others have said, this is coming two weeks after the last grind ended. Plus there's the grind to get fleet marks and dilithium and romulan marks, omega marks etc. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the hard work that goes into this stuff, but.......this is why I don't want to ever sleep, there's so much to do in game and in real life, sleep just seems like a waste of time.

And I have to ask, as I don't know if anyone else has, but......what is the point to us grinding for 15 days? The only things I can think of is a ploy to get us to buy keys to get lobi, and to be able to say "hey, look at how many people are playing" even if it's just to get the ship. At least with stuff like the Crystalline Entity event, there's real benefit, like all that dilithium that can become zen, or go to our fleet projects, and all those tasty fleet marks. I will probably get this on my two main characters, and maybe a couple others if I like it once I see stats, but like some have said, I'm not going to fly it. I'm not giving up my beloved fleet Defiant or fleet Valdore. The only way I'd give up my Valdore is if there were a D'Deridex with 4 tactical consoles and a turn rate that didn't make me want to hurt someone. So.........please, rethink the desire to grind, make it more beneficial to us.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade