• Options
    cptstark1cptstark1 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what's going on...? i'm scard :<
  • Options
    beebo119beebo119 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Servers just went off
    Sephiroth: *What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion*
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay my mistake you were right servers are down now, I hope they arent turning off the rest of the Dyson event or maybe they will give us an extension for this downtime, I was going to grind the hell out of it this morning. Damn
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cptstark1 wrote: »
    what's going on...? i'm scard :<

There's Klingon's on the Starboard Bow...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lars1091 wrote: »
    I shouldn't have taken a shower... *sigh*

http://youtu.be/AkfZsdI2YRk?t=54s

It always happens during your monthly shower.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, if the servers are monitored (and probably are), someone's probably already working on it. :cool:
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I was testing my boffs in grinder and everything went black. did I brake the game? Am I in trouble? :<
  • Options
    mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2014
    If you've ever wondered why the sever shuts down and hear peeps talking about the hamster wheel, heres a look at the Dev's playing with the wheel. http://youtu.be/oyQP-DCTjzA
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    UPDATED:
    • Initial Doom statement about the game
    • Demand for compensation.
    • Demand for extension of the BonusMark event
    • Entirely irrelevant demand that I should have some kind of compensation compensation because I am a lifer, and some nuts reasoning why I am worth more than the average player.
    • Statement about how incompetent the devs are.
    • Epic rant about how the game is always down during my gametime.
    • Threat of lawsuit.
    • Threat of leaving the game, knowing that one costumer dosen't really make a difference.
    • Statement that all who defend Cryptic are just fanbois...

There... I think that covers it...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    He's dead Jim.
  • Options
    amdarkwolfamdarkwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server is down, noticed my boff's were all ... odd (Stations on ship were blank, dropdowns showed 2 names of toons I had either deleted or renamed) and then when i attempted to switch maps got the above, 'retrieving list of characters' then timeout.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The end is at hand heathens, you didn't accept my offer and now you will burn in the flames of despair. We are the BOINGS resistance is a farce :D.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2014
    mectesh wrote: »
    Well, if the servers are monitored (and probably are), someone's probably already working on it. :cool:

servers are monitored, lol really, maybe its a just a twitter update. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    • Entirely irrelevant demand that I should have some kind of compensation compensation because I am a lifer, and some nuts reasoning why I am worth more than the average player.
    • Threat of lawsuit.
    • Threat of leaving the game, knowing that one costumer dosen't really make a difference.

ROFL you missed out random person who complains this always happens at the only time they can play.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2014
    • Threat of lawsuit.

hahaha thanks for covering all the bases. A+
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    The end is at hand heathens, you didn't accept my offer and now you will burn in the flames of despair. We are the BOINGS resistance is a farce :D.

I think it more likely that this is a stunt from that Twitter Troll, making people believe more content is on the way.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic, we are waiting an official statement.
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The server is down (as indicated on both the website and the launcher) with no patch notes, maintenance warning, etc coming with it. I know for a fact it was working till 2:30am UK time as I was on then, and there was no signs of the server being bugged in any way.

This is annoying as I sadly have auto-refine (the only downside to membership) which will **** up my dilithium should I leave it for a day, refining my measly stockpile and giving me a nasty dilithium number that requires a boat-load of ****ing around with to get back to my nice normal multiples of 8000.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    cptstark1 wrote: »
    Cryptic, we are waiting an official statement.

YES... SOMEONE wake up BranFlakes ^^
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You forgot:

Demand the Bonus Dyson Mark Weekend be extended by six times as long as the downtime, because I need to stockpile another 3 weeks worth of Dilithium Ore for minimal amounts of effort.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I did a random encounter to test a new weapons loadout..performed PERFECTLY....and left said encounter, got lagged to the login screen, now cannot retrieve list of characters nor log in, happened upon this status checker care of the 106th fleet: http://stostatus.com/
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    beebo119beebo119 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Servers just went down, cant seem to find any thing that say about matiances or patching. Hope fully wont be down for that long :D

Sorry for bad spelling.
    Sephiroth: *What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion*
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    YES... SOMEONE wake up BranFlakes ^^

He cant, the BOINGS ate his flakes now he is just Branflakeless. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    where did you guys go to find the server status page? I had to happen across this care of the 106th fleet http://stostatus.com/
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Currently posted on my Launcher:

STO is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible.

And I already tweeted BranFlakes 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess Cryptic wanted to give us all a preview of Season 8.5 -- let's hope this doesn't last ten or more days like Season 8.0's lockout lasted for many of us players.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    According to pidgin there was a mass exodus ~13:00pm UK time so you're just in time for the downtime.
This discussion has been closed.