test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Down (1/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• wudinnawudinna Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    same here. started out fine today untill i wanted to warp out of the system and then the game froze....

i would also like to add (im new to the forum so i can only reply for now) that i encountered an issue with the "explore Khazan" mission. it started last night.
    the first thing i noticed was that when i was scanning an anomaly, the mini-game wouldn't respond. and when i tried to scan a system the game completely crashed. this happened several times, even while i was logged in in safety mode.
    so i waited until about an hour ago, but the same thing kept happening.
    so i thought i'd start another mission and now this....

:confused:
  • nocturnalmist83nocturnalmist83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so its not just me. its driving me mad!!!
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    He cant, the BOINGS ate his flakes now he is just Branflakeless. :D

Indeed we the BOINGS resistance is fruitless we demand 7 days of Dyson Marks increase for all those who are T5. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2014
    the Hamsters wanted to relax after a long weekend :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjnsTkNKlsg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's the same group that stole all the customer data from Target!

(Not that I want to start a rumor or anything! So it isn't!)
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• cptstark1cptstark1 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    did someone called to cryptic? if not, please do. Will they launch the server on this week?
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Indeed we the BOINGS resistance is fruitless we demand 7 days of Dyson Marks increase for all those who are T5. :D

We the BOINGS are so special that we quote ourselves. :eek: :D
    edited January 2014
    mspfueler wrote: »
    It's the same group that stole all the customer data from Target!

(Not that I want to start a rumor or anything! So it isn't!)

my friend left the game because of this accident. :(

now im so lonely...
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seems odd that I mention how there is no indication this is going, and a few seconds later, the server is down red box appears.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2014
    cptstark1 wrote: »
    Cryptic, we are waiting an official statement.

UnOfficial Statement: Well um see what happened is??? Hold on let me check.... "Yells; hey anyone know what happened to the server?" "Silence"
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "STO is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible."

That was the new message on the game launcher.
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And this is on the front page of this site:
    STO is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Woe the hamster that couldn't bear it anymore. Rest In Peace, You trustworthy Little thing. A life of spinning a Wheel for a bowl of Water. A heroic death. May the Klingons writes operas about you.
    /Floozy
    edited January 2014
    STO is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible.
    edited January 2014
    I heard from the good wine that a 3 year old boy from Ukraine created a malicious software that put the hammers to sleep singing lullabies in mother Russia language. Long live Pudding!!! :D
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    Currently posted on my Launcher:

"Have you disengaged the external initial dampener?"
    edited January 2014
    "STO is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible."

That was the new message on the game launcher.

it is the official statement i was waiting for.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Woe the hamster that couldn't bear it anymore. Rest In Peace, You trustworthy Little thing. A life of spinning a Wheel for a bowl of Water. A heroic death. May the Klingons writes operas about you.

Cute lol :)
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • genesisdvsngenesisdvsn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Right now, they have the crash team trying to revive the hamster.
    Official Joining Date Feb 2010.
    edited January 2014
    :) somebody forgot to remove the sticker from the door... :D
  • kamblekamble Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tribble seems to be working fine for the moment....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beebo119beebo119 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    been out for about 15mins now
    Sephiroth: *What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion*
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whatdafrack is the point of a server down bar on the home page if they do not change it when the server is down?
  • absolutbritishabsolutbritish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah pity, would have liked a small last round in the adventure zone before work (and the end of the bonus weekend ;) ) In any case - hope it gets fixed soon :)
    edited January 2014
    Code blue, the hamsters are passed out drunk. :eek:
  • beebo119beebo119 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL, poor hamster :D
    Sephiroth: *What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion*
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The server is down (as indicated on both the website and the launcher) with no patch notes, maintenance warning, etc coming with it. I know for a fact it was working till 2:30am UK time as I was on then, and there was no signs of the server being bugged in any way.

This is annoying as I sadly have auto-refine (the only downside to membership) which will **** up my dilithium should I leave it for a day, refining my measly stockpile and giving me a nasty dilithium number that requires a boat-load of ****ing around with to get back to my nice normal multiples of 8000.

Yeah, server is down. I bet that either the computers failed or some guy tripped over a power cord while carrying coffee.

Your second paragraph makes you sound like a whiney brat. "Oh, I absolutely MUST have my dilithium refining in perfect multiples of 8000!" And you say it like that's the biggest problem with the server outage, and you COMPLAIN about autorefine, which is a damn useful feature (especially if you're dealing with CE and battlezone rewards still, but I digress). Please think about what you posted, and maybe go back and modify it before the free-to-play players flame you? Just a suggestion.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe there was a last minute Dyson craze that overloaded the poor old servers
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
    edited January 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    Whatdafrack is the point of a server down bar on the home page if they do not change it when the server is down?

it was changed for me as soon as server went down. so it works.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've never seen someone complain about auto-refining...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
This discussion has been closed.