Install Arc
Options

Server Down (1/21/14) [Resolved!]

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope, they forgot to feed the hampsters this week so they went on strike looking for better treetment. ;)
    I have plenty of dirty laundry at home for the hampsters. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    warmegeddonwarmegeddon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Servers are now back up now..Please enjoy the game..
  • Options
    dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    sorry To Bust Your Bubble.

I Am A Monthly Subscriber And Others Are Lifetime Subscribers. Add On The People That Play For Free But Spend In The Z-store.

We All Deserve Compensation For Downtime Simply For The Fact That We Are All Paying Customers. We Are Not Getting What We Pay For.

It Is Not Just The Perks That Come With The Subscription Or The Items From The Store. Our Money Pays For The Game Maintenance And Development. Maintenance And Development Means Keeping The Game Online And Giving Us New Content Plus Fixing Bugs.

Put Like This You Go To Service Station To Get Oil Change And They 5 Quarts Of Oil In Your Car. Then, You Seize The Engine Because They Didn't Tighten The Drain Plug And All The Oil Leaked Out. You Are Entitled To Compensation Because The Service Station Blew Your Engine.

Same Scenario Here We Are Entitled To Compensation Because They Are Not Giving Us The Product We Paid For.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mom what is this green here in our backyard?

Mom: that is called grass my son, this is the first time in 45 years you have left the basement... it is a different world now. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean I can get back to wasting my life INside the game instead of on the forums???

Woot!
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pashgan wrote: »
    BTW it seems servers are up - I see green light in launcher.
    Yep, I'm in!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Servers are now back up now..Please enjoy the game..

Yes they are and NO I WILL NOT!!!!111oneone//:D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    trekwar10trekwar10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i tried to get on this morning because my school was on a 2 hr delay (snow and extremely cold temps) said server was down and the STO creators or whoever were fixing it right away. when will the servers be back up and running?:confused::(
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sto back online.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I want cheese curds, don't know why but this thread makes me crave cheese curds. :D

http://youtu.be/FM1wlvY3Y0s?t=42s
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    headwound68headwound68 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Massive amounts of Zen was purchased with Target Gift Cards!
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im in game, game working fine.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry to bust your bubble.

I am a monthly subscriber and others are lifetime subscribers. Add on the people that play for free but spend in the Z-store.

We all deserve compensation for downtime simply for the fact that we are all paying customers. We are not getting what we pay for.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the terms of service are pretty clear. No guarantee of uptime. Like many things on the Internet, your sole recompense is to not play.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty crappy. But PWE is hardly alone - this is standard treatment of 'customers' in this day and age.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I am a monthly subscriber and others are lifetime subscribers. Add on the people that play for free but spend in the Z-store.

We all deserve compensation for downtime simply for the fact that we are all paying customers. We are not getting what we pay for.

It is not just the perks that come with the subscription or the items from the store. Our money pays for the game maintenance and development. Maintenance and development means keeping the game online and giving us new content plus fixing bugs.

Put like this you go to service station to get oil change and they 5 quarts of oil in your car. Then, You seize the engine because they didn't tighten the drain plug and all the oil leaked out. You are entitled to compensation because the service station blew your engine.

Same scenario here we are entitled to compensation because they are not giving us the product we paid for.

Good luck with that, considering the EULA.
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It is not just the perks that come with the subscription or the items from the store. Our money pays for the game maintenance and development. Maintenance and development means keeping the game online and giving us new content plus fixing bugs.

I was going to say you right, until i read the part where u say "Maintenance and development means keeping the game online and giving us new content plus fixing bugs.". New content????? are you crazy enough?? so, you want they to fix bugs and you are asking for new content???

If you are complaining, and you asking for a compensation, for god sake, dont say you want new content, when you are promoting new bugs and new issues with that "new content".

Being a monthly subscriber in STO is being a guy who is paying a company that is doing nothing to care about users, i think all we know that. And its the subscriber only's fault to keep giving cryptic their money. I said this tons of times, if you want a better game, stop paying cryptic with lifetime subs and monthly subs, but people will never understand.

But its your decision, and u should not be expecting anything in return. If you are paying every month with zen, y are u a subscriber?? thats what i dont understand. But not in your case, just in the case of everybody in that case.

BUT, of course you should not be expecting any kind of compensation. Cryptic never did something like that (giving compensations to users) and i dont think they will start now. They dont need to do it anyways. They are just fine like they are right now. xD.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Assuming an average monthly fee of $10 (Some have a LTS, some pay more), the server was down for an hour, so 10 / (31*24) =1.34 cents. You want a refund of $0.01?
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now the Borg have had their break, they're up to assimilating us again:D
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "When the light is green, the trap is clean." - Ray Stantz
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Put like this you go to service station to get oil change and they 5 quarts of oil in your car. Then, You seize the engine because they didn't tighten the drain plug and all the oil leaked out. You are entitled to compensation because the service station blew your engine.

Same scenario here we are entitled to compensation because they are not giving us the product we paid for.

u know, im not a person who defends cryptic all that much lol.. but I always love seeing when people get all butt hurt over the server being down for a few hours..

I will admit.. when lor came out, yes, there was definatly a problem and they should have done something for the player base since the servers went down for basically a week, and couldn't stay healthy until like 2 months after.. but the server being down for a few hours is in what is the middle of the night for cryptic employees, that's not a big deal.. certainly not worthy of making threats, accusations, and demands over..

however, everygame is going to have server down time.. wow just had some last week. It is apart of the risk of playing online.. honestly, think of it like your playing console game, and there is a power outage.. **** happens..
  • Options
    rockyfaustrockyfaust Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dalmacius wrote: »
    I'm sure their trying their best to fix and solve the problem.

:D

...from http://stostatus.com/ I see:
    Star Trek Time
    GMT-8
    7:14 am

I guess they still need to wake up... watch a mirror asking "why me"... wash face... watch the same mirror asking again... leave home... realize they need to dress up first... go back home and put some cloth on... run into a bar... get a coffe...
    So... I don't think they will fix or restart anything before 9:30 am (GMT-8)

...relax...
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    Server just got nerfed.

ok, who let the hamsters have the nerf guns again?

you know how they get...
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    u know, im not a person who defends cryptic all that much lol.. but I always love seeing when people get all butt hurt over the server being down for a few hours..

I will admit.. when lor came out, yes, there was definatly a problem and they should have done something for the player base since the servers went down for basically a week, and couldn't stay healthy until like 2 months after.. but the server being down for a few hours is in what is the middle of the night for cryptic employees, that's not a big deal.. certainly not worthy of making threats, accusations, and demands over..

however, everygame is going to have server down time.. wow just had some last week. It is apart of the risk of playing online.. honestly, think of it like your playing console game, and there is a power outage.. **** happens..

Agreed. It wasn't a few hours either 1 hour 40 minutes less time than a weekly downtime for maintenance etc. Bet there's gonna be calls for the Dyson bonus event to be extended now too. All because of a less than two hour outage.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Spacedock gates are open once again and the servers are back online :)
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was able to get in a few minutes ago, so the servers aren't completely down. Seems like the login server is just extremely slow.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    its back online!
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Sorry for the delay in messaging, Captains! The Delta shift was in an intense battle with the Voth this morning and was unable to send out Subspace communications while Holodeck's power was fluctuating. Fortunately, all has now returned to normal!

((Hi Captains -- STO came back up around 6:53 AM PST. We?re always doing our best to keep you guys in the loop on the forums and apologize that we were not able to respond sooner in this particular situation. We?ll continue doing everything we can to get information to you as quickly as possible in the future! We'll see you in-game!))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.