test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-year annviersary ships - The Dyson Science Destroyers

Comments

• caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    If these are the actual anniversary ships, then color me disappointed. I was really looking forward to new designs. An Ar'Kif/Ar'Kala, a Mogh/Peghqu', and a Fed Star Cruiser/Recon Sci Vessel mix. These just look so uninspired. Then again, these are hybrid vessels. Each faction probably took an existing ship class and rebuilt it with Dyson Sphere technology.

I actually really like the look of the Romulan ship. It reminds me of the D'Deridex more than the Ar'kif.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bah, an obvious photoshop. It should be readily obvious to even the most simple-minded that these images are blatantly fake. You can't have a screenshot of something that doesn't even exist yet, and I don't believe in time travel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bah, an obvious photoshop. It should be readily obvious to even the most simple-minded that these images are blatantly fake. You can't have a screenshot of something that doesn't even exist yet, and I don't believe in time travel.

I'm skeptical, but in one gallery for the STO Gateway, the persons @handle is shown. Plus the digital drawings, pretty impressive.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    In short, yout just like how the ship looks and want it.

You know what? I want this is a Ferasan cruiser.

http://static.wcnews.com/wcpedia/images/Cm-fralthi.png

And this is the case for every ship suggestion thread. Some player wants a particular ship because of the look even if it makes absolutely no sense to have in 2409.

We do need a Ferasan ship, but that image looks too much like a Klingon ship and Ferasan ships deserve their own unique look.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the reliant only lost because kirk used a dirty trick to get into the reliant computer with command codes. had he not had that option open... your opinion on the subject is baseless.

and the galaxy class was a new design, and there were references throughout TNG about the enterprise needing upgrades. maybe you should read more into how the character mention what they do in trek then come back and try post a valid fact about it.[/QUOTE

Khan used a dirty trick to cripple Enterprise first. It was not ready for battle, its shields were down and weapons off. That's not opinion sir. It's fact. And you still did not answer my question: Where on-screen did Kirk realize that the Constitution class was done with??
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    It could also be an opportunity to bring up other canon ships in the lineups that have been requested for quite some time now, namely the Constellation for Feds, the K'Vort for KDF and....something for the Romulans, not really sure what at this moment.

For Rom, the Drone ship from Ent or a new ship.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...im still hoping for a CatStar class ship :D

maybe they will even surprise us with my old shuttle squadron idea... a heavy shuttle with a hangar bay (the wing-men) the weapons and sets added to the main shuttle would be shared by the other 4 pets, as individual weapons/abilities for them too.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A casual search would have show that is a Kilrathi Cruiser from Wing Command 1, back when Christopher Blair was known as Blue Hair.

In case you didnt notice, I wasnt being serious as Wing Commander belongs to EA.

Still not being serious but this is artwork
    http://static.wcnews.com/wcpedia/images/Fmwc-high-cropped.jpg

I believe that is Blair and Spirit, the fighters are the Dralthi I (the one with the circular wings) and F-44 Rapier II with the ship being the Fralthi-class cruiser.

I dont think they look Klingon like.

LOL, well the Kilrathi ARE big cats :P

But for serious i want the gun she is holding :D

Side note it also looks alot like the ships they often use in Gundam
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    here is a short list of ships, from deviant art, that are far superior to some of the cryptic designs, there is a klingon or two in there that follow standard klingon design but look ....cleaner more defined
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    And this is the case for every ship suggestion thread. Some player wants a particular ship because of the look even if it makes absolutely no sense to have in 2409.

We do need a Ferasan ship, but that image looks too much like a Klingon ship and Ferasan ships deserve their own unique look.
    Here's a better pic.

But maybe a different design would be more to your liking. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    want a better picture???

look here!!!

http://imgur.com/a/Iosic#i7Yrnsz
    edited January 2014
    darakoss wrote: »
    Khan used a dirty trick to cripple Enterprise first. It was not ready for battle, its shields were down and weapons off. That's not opinion sir. It's fact. And you still did not answer my question: Where on-screen did Kirk realize that the Constitution class was done with??
    Because Kirk behaved like an idiot, yes. He ignored both the regulations AND his own crew, and for what? What could possibly have happened if he had raised shields? A friendly ship might have taken offense? If it was some strange alien, perhaps raising shields might have been interpreted as an aggressive move, but a friendly Starfleet ship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I kinda hope the Fed hybrid ship is a stealth Constellation-class, where the base ship is a new Dyson-hybrid skin but it comes with a second Constellation-skin with swappable parts.

At the very least I hope they're Science ships all around. I'd like a good-looking Romulan sci ship.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A casual search would have show that is a Kilrathi Cruiser from Wing Command 1, back when Christopher Blair was known as Blue Hair.

In case you didnt notice, I wasnt being serious as Wing Commander belongs to EA.

Still not being serious but this is artwork
    http://static.wcnews.com/wcpedia/images/Fmwc-high-cropped.jpg

I believe that is Blair and Spirit, the fighters are the Dralthi I (the one with the circular wings) and F-44 Rapier II with the ship being the Fralthi-class cruiser.

I dont think they look Klingon like.

Did realize it was from Wing Commander due to the link. Never played Wing Commander, but unless there is a :P, :rolleyes:, ;), or some other indication to indicate a post is not serious, then Poe's Law is always in effect since there are some people that would actually recommend something from another game. After all, we do get posts about people wanting the JJ Enterprise and Vengeance. Was thinking you might want something inspired by that Wing Commander artwork. After all, Ferasans and Kilrathi come from the same inspiration or appear to so it is a logical step that since there is a noticeable link between these feline races, then Ferasan ships should be inspired by Kilrathi or Kzinti ships.

The Fralthi class cruiser from the first image has a bigger front section, but the general shape of it is too similar to Klingon Battle Cruisers. The difference is less noticeable in your second image.
  • xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The ships are clearly fake, never would there be a purple romulan or klingon ship and that shade of purple is not the dyson type
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    strorus wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/Iosic

You can see how they are hybrid they have Obelisk lattice work / pattern as part of the hull.

I think these ships have taken people by surprise as most people early in the thread thought the Anniversary ships would be new variants of existing ships like the Galaxy etc.

I for one really like them... I have been suggesting for ages hybrid ships.

I like!

Also, I wonder what their classes (Sci, Eng, Tac), stats and any abilities will be. I hope in terms of classes they come with a Uni Cmd slot so all careers can use them... Although that may cause too many people to have these ships.

:D

I'd guess heavy destroyers (dreadnaught/destroyer middle ground) with a science skew and probably a boost to proton weapons.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd guess heavy destroyers (dreadnaught/destroyer middle ground) with a science skew and probably a boost to proton weapons.

I hope it's useable as a tac captain cuz I favor sci over engineering and I could toss tons of protonic poleron weapons on it.
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The link posted if you investigate clearly, as I did extensively, is from a toon in-game who received a warning from Cryptic about his forum post.. with respect, that link is not valid by any terms. I cannot post this toons @handle, nor screen shot which he clearly made visible if you inspect that link further. Yeah the work is decent, but the screenshots linked about an in-game email from Cryptic AND another extensive chat that took place leads me to believe this toon had some issues and was with a fleet we all know. So, with that being said, the pics are not valid.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it were real some mod would have removed it already.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2014

From the looks of it I'd say you're right...another round of tactical ships because we can never have enough of those.:rolleyes:

Sorry that last part was not directed at you personally.
    It's just that 2 of the 3 factions have a shortage of science ships so this would've been a good opportunity for Cryptic to throw those in.:(
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I quite like the 'Feddie Trilobite', but, other than the silhouette, it just doesn't look like a Starfleet ship... In an episode, this would be an encountered alien ship, not one flying the Federation flag... :cool:
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dunno, I mean looking at previous releases we have some cruisers - namely the Avenger and the Mogh, and of course the cruiser commands. Then a free carrier and more recently a 'free' Breen raider or cruiser depending on what you wanted. I think it's fair to say there has been a decent focus on tactical or engineering.

It would make sense this time round for science to be in the limelight. I've not touched Dyson content but from what I know they appear to be quite science orientated, so I would expect that to feed through into these new ships.

Aesthetics wise I'm guessing they look like known designs but with Dyson embellishments and unique hull textures. As for what known designs they plan to go with, not a Scooby.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Perhaps I'm simple minded but I don't think these are fake.

they do exist. The ships come out in 11 days. It's not like its months away. Whether they have been brought from cryptic's internal server to Tribble in some way, or whether a dev has been sloppy when taking their own screenshots that have leaked, who knows.

But they look too good to have been photoshopped.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perhaps I'm simple minded but I don't think these are fake.

they do exist. The ships come out in 11 days. It's not like its months away. Whether they have been brought from cryptic's internal server to Tribble in some way, or whether a dev has been sloppy when taking their own screenshots that have leaked, who knows.

yeah, theres someone believing it whole without thinking, or simple minded. i would suggest caution on this as the source is unreliable and being so close to the anniversary official confirmation which is likely to be out in a few days. this could easily be one of those photoshopped pictures just to spite cryptic just before the confirmation, to what end i have no idea, but im certainly no one to close my mind off as being simple of the matter and thinking its a good thing.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't it one of the designs for the Defiant or Enterprise-E? One of those ended up modified as Nova years later.

I remember seeing a similar saucer with this slit and a cannon was placed where the slit ended

At the moment I'd say I'm 90% certain these are fakes.
    The federation design looks like a stealth fighter slapped on backwards on some nacelles.

The thing is i have seen it somewhere before, possible a model for Bridge Commander but i simply don't recall exactly where i saw it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think they will be science ships with two deflector slots,

Trialling it on these ships before they roll it out to every science ship.

Just hope the 10 console version isn't in the lobi store this time, I'd be fine paying four FSM tho.

/\
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    want a better picture???

look here!!!

http://imgur.com/a/Iosic#i7Yrnsz

liessss alll liessss

:eek: so pretty.

for all you Dauntless lovers out there.

our Romulan Senator Vreenak's last famous words ring true to this Starship.

i give you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    shaking the gifts before festivities, are we? You naughty children. :P
    edited January 2014
    they do exist. The ships come out in 11 days.
    Exactly. IN THE FUTURE. Do you believe in Time Travel? If not, then how do you propose genuine photos of something which will not exist for 11 days somehow managed to travel back in time to us now?
    Good? This is a video game. Not an especially high-graphics one. It would be trivially easy to fake a convincing VIDEO GAME SPACESHIP. You're making a fake thing of something that is ALREADY FAKE TO BEGIN WITH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Exactly. IN THE FUTURE. Do you believe in Time Travel? If not, then how do you propose genuine photos of something which will not exist for 11 days somehow managed to travel back in time to us now?

The models already exist, I'd assume, though I have no idea if/how a screenshot came out here... However, it's not entirely impossible. If these are fake, then I hope Cryptic uses that Fed hybrid design for something anyway. :P