test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fire at Will (Faw) not critting *fixed in 1/30 patch*

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Speaking purely from the PVE perspective, probably the best substitute for a Scimitar for Fed/KDF is the Avenger/Mogh right now.

I think you right, but even as such the comparison is about a 60/95% in favor of the Scimitar in ihmo.

Battlecloak + three ship set, awesome assortment of get out of jail cards + doffs + consoles slots + abilities etc.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, lol, it's a short story actually. "Trolling" as in pugstomping... with the +30k DPS Scimitar builds... that's how some of the PVE players took their first steps in PVP... "x up for some PVP trolling"...
    Me included I guess, altough I never had a Romulan faction captain to begin with, I used my Sci char as support - not that any of what I did to support my team was needed against pugs... lol

Though it all changed after a while. PVE players also learn a lot about PVP, adapted their builds, learned the rules and such.

Thats my point I guess. Not meaning offence, I'm just like seeing things grow. I like seeing people being considerate, like in the old days.
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you guys please take this discussion elsewhere. This is for bug reports.

I tested on my engineer this time. Oddly i'm seeing weapon power drops to 45. And a weapons battery is still not helping much. Oh well if left as is in regards to weapon power drain i'm ok with it. It'll just make my engineer come closer to a tacs damage overall as my average weapon power will be quite a bit higher.

Did a fleet defense and boy do i miss the crits during a faw. Damage is almost laughable now. i feel like a newb with TRIBBLE gear.

I would like to see someone look into weapons batteries though. Effects beams and not just during a faw. It's like the weapon power soft cap was lowered so the battery is almost but not quite useless.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you guys please take this discussion elsewhere. This is for bug reports.

I tested on my engineer this time. Oddly i'm seeing weapon power drops to 45. And a weapons battery is still not helping much. Oh well if left as is in regards to weapon power drain i'm ok with it. It'll just make my engineer come closer to a tacs damage overall as my average weapon power will be quite a bit higher.

Did a fleet defense and boy do i miss the crits during a faw. Damage is almost laughable now. i feel like a newb with TRIBBLE gear.

I would like to see someone look into weapons batteries though. Effects beams and not just during a faw. It's like the weapon power soft cap was lowered so the battery is almost but not quite useless.

Weapon power for all other energy wepaons including Dual beams (I believe) is soft capped at 135... it didn't say in this patch that they where correcting that for Arrays... but perhaps they did... or perhaps they messed something up. I'll see if I can do some testing later if someone else doesn't do it first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited December 2013
    Weapon power for all other energy wepaons including Dual beams (I believe) is soft capped at 135... it didn't say in this patch that they where correcting that for Arrays... but perhaps they did... or perhaps they messed something up. I'll see if I can do some testing later if someone else doesn't do it first.

Not according to what Bort posted. And i've never had weapon power drop to 45 until today. Lowest i ever saw was 58 previously. And weapons batteries used to keep weapon power at 120+ during it's duration. But it no longer does this. It will initially increase weapon power to 125 but next cycle it's way down again.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013

Yeah there's definitely something fishy with the drain imo.

If you test watch how far weapon power falls with FAW up then compare it to prolonged firing at a target. We're talking about -50 power which I don't need to tell you how much of a nerf that is to damage.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not according to what Bort posted. And i've never had weapon power drop to 45 until today. Lowest i ever saw was 58 previously. And weapons batteries used to keep weapon power at 120+ during it's duration. But it no longer does this. It will initially increase weapon power to 125 but next cycle it's way down again.

I have never ever, EVER noticed weapons battery keeping the UI numbers at 125, for all types of weapons, unless the Omega Weapon Amplifier procced. But that proc is whats keeping the UI number at 125, not the weapons battery.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Using Phasers, BO3 I noticed a lack of aggression too, very low numbers from a fully buffed attack, not only the hit but the potential damage in brackets...

Your Dual Phaser Banks - Overlaod III deals 1634 (13073) Phaser Damage to Mogai Heavy Warbird.

This was a fully buffed attack, BO3, Attack Pattern Alpha, Tactical Fleet II, Fire On My Mark III, Attack Pattern Beta I, Tactical Team I and Red Matter Capacitor.

Your Dual Phaser Banks - Overload III deals 9200 (10510) Phaser Damage to T'Varo Light Warbird.

Unbuffed except for BO3

Both attacks were in Carraya against NPCs...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps you don't understand how Faw works. :)

oh i know how FAW works.

I typical switch certains ships between beams and cannons; a few times when i do this switch i forget to change the BOff skills and end up with a beamboat with CSV. when that happens my 20k boat turns into a 17k boat.

FAW turns 10k ships into 20k ships?! thanks for the good laugh. :cool:
    edited December 2013
    Your Dual Chroniton Beam Banks - Overload II deals 722 (7221) Antiproton Damage to Sphere.

FFS, see ya next year!

That's hull damage via bleedthru. Notice it's exactly 10% of the ( ) number. Check your shield damage number as it's probably 6499.
    edited December 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    I have never ever, EVER noticed weapons battery keeping the UI numbers at 125, for all types of weapons, unless the Omega Weapon Amplifier procced. But that proc is whats keeping the UI number at 125, not the weapons battery.

You could be right. Haven't done testing of weapons batteries prior to this. And i typically don't use omega weapon amp during testing.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when that happens my 20k boat turns into a 17k boat.

FAW turns 10k ships into 20k ships?! thanks for the good laugh. :cool:

Likewise. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited December 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Using Phasers, BO3 I noticed a lack of aggression too, very low numbers from a fully buffed attack, not only the hit but the potential damage in brackets...

Your Dual Phaser Banks - Overlaod III deals 1634 (13073) Phaser Damage to Mogai Heavy Warbird.

This was a fully buffed attack, BO3, Attack Pattern Alpha, Tactical Fleet II, Fire On My Mark III, Attack Pattern Beta I, Tactical Team I and Red Matter Capacitor.

Your Dual Phaser Banks - Overload III deals 9200 (10510) Phaser Damage to T'Varo Light Warbird.

Unbuffed except for BO3

Both attacks were in Carraya against NPCs...

That's hull damage and it exceeded 10%. So this tells me it hit the shield, which brought the shield to zero. Did it's 10% bypass and the extra damage was then done to the hull for the amount you listed.

If there's a problem other then crits not working please show shield and hull damage.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    E.g. X(Y) X is damage to hull, Y is total damage dealt, Y-X = damage to shields.

Actually you (should) get two readouts for damage per hit when shields are in play, one for the shields and one for hull as follows:

"You Dealt X (Y) Damage T <Target> Shields With <Weapon> <Mod if applicable>"
    "You Dealt X (Y) Damage T <Target> With <Weapon> <Mod if applicable>"
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic puts out a FAW fix without even doing there extremely limited normal testing on tribble, how could that possibly go wrong. The fact that we are now over a month with FAW being broken is really disappointing and just exposes a complete lack of understanding of the games code by the developers. This is the 4th time they have "fixed" something with FAW only to break it in a new way.

The idea that you guys are going to go on vacation and leave FAW ships in this state is equally disappointing. Guess I am stuck with Ground Trek Online for a couple more weeks.
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    How on Earth is it possible that after 3 weeks of patches BFAW is still not fixed ???

My CritH percentage is now below 7% but should be well over 20% according.
    CritH was fixed but now broken again.

Also ACC overflow is still not working. Only energy drain nerf seems working.

Also why was again the BFAW bug thread closed while not resolved?

i been playing for over 2 years, and bfaw as been broken since day one. I loss the count of how many times they "fixed it", or is useless, or is overpowered, they never found a point where faw can be usefull without been a complete outbalanced skill.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
    edited December 2013
    I tested BO2 on my Rom toon. Using Rare Mk XI [critD]x2 regular plasma beams BO2 hit hull for 33,645 critical plasma damage. That's the actual damage done to the hull btw. Sadly i forgot to log it. But this is what the in game combat chat log showed and the flying text as well.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. However my regular plasma beams seem to be fine using BO2.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's hull damage and it exceeded 10%. So this tells me it hit the shield, which brought the shield to zero. Did it's 10% bypass and the extra damage was then done to the hull for the amount you listed.

If there's a problem other then crits not working please show shield and hull damage.

It's not about if I'm getting through the shield it's about these numbers compared to what I was getting from the same attack on the same ships before the patch, which even it's potential in brackets were in the 30k region not the 13k region...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
    edited December 2013
    Then i would suggest starting a thread about your issue. This is the FAW bug thread. List exactly which weapons you're using. As i said i'm not seeing the problem with my regular plasma beam arrays as they're critting for over 33k. But i also wasn't firing vs probes or what not and i wasn't using dual beam banks. Nor was i using BO3.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's pretty simple really, against NPCs that have no resist subtract the value outside the brackets from the value inside the brackets to determine how much damage was absorbed by the shield.

E.g. X(Y) X is damage to hull, Y is total damage dealt, Y-X = damage to shields.

This is not correct I believe. You also get X(Y) readings when firing at a target without shields. From my understanding, and other threads, Y is the base damage you do, while X is the damage you actually do minus or plus all resists/debuffs.

Otherwise you couldn't explain cases where
    - there are no shields in play (PvP tested today)
    - X is actually higher than Y
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    X>Y is a bug, long term.

NPCs don't have resists usually, you mentioned no shields in PvP, players do have resists even with no shields, armour etc, plus shields are being regenerated, they may not show on the hud but they could well have been regenerating when you attacked. Combat log in STO is just a guide, it's never been that accurate in it's display, half the time it continually tries to scroll up the screen so it's difficult to read anyway. If you want better logs you need a combat parser.

I'm not an expert on the whole stuff and I'm sure even the log is partly bugged here. Still, when I measured some of my stuff on my build today it was against a player who had his shields turned off entirely because I asked him to (Shield power 0). All damage was straight to hull. So whatever is in and out of brackets should not have anything to do with any kind of shield.

On another note, I'm just testing in Kerrat and my BO's and Lance seem to be fine.

[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 35274 (56233) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Entity.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Phaser Banks - Overload II deals 6074 (25456) Phaser Damage to Malkarne.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Phaser Banks - Overload II deals 30916 (49551) Phaser Damage(Critical) to -Dius-.

Note: Entity is a player
    edited December 2013
    If there's no shields the number in brackets would be 0. example from one of my logs.

13:12:19:14:21:43.6::Trigger,P[3547868@5568836 Trigger@dragonsbite],,*,Negh'Var Warship,C[3889 Space_Klingon_Battleship],Romulan Plasma Array,Pn.Tv2eq9,Plasma,Critical,3800.41,0
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow with Cryptic's track record of bugs it really doesn't surprise me in the least bit for them to totally TRIBBLE up BFAW so much, and so often.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not one to usually jump to criticise bugfixing in this game, but this BFAW farce is really quite pathetic. Clearly you do not know how the skill works.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not one to usually jump to criticise bugfixing in this game, but this BFAW farce is really quite pathetic. Clearly you do not know how the skill works.

Devs have already admitted as much. Whoever wrote that part of the code left long ago and nobody they still have on the books can figure it out.

Not even joking.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gardat wrote: »
    Devs have already admitted as much. Whoever wrote that part of the code left long ago and nobody they still have on the books can figure it out.

Not even joking.

Too hard to start from scratch I suppose
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • maverick8711maverick8711 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have one serious question:

dont u feel totally embarrassed and humiliated by yourself?
    every week you show us in a new way that u have absolutly no clue of what ure doing and try to hush up that fact by implementing needless new bull****!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@maverick8711 does not believe in a no win scenario x5
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gardat wrote: »

Not even joking.

Brilliant. They broke it again. And as for the post above, i hope you are joking.

If they dont know how something works........LEAVE IT THE F*** ALONE. Seriously. Yay for Beams always getting the bugs......
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squitosquito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Honestly if they would spend the next 3 months only with fixing bugs and not creating ANY new content most of us would probably be still happy.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BFAW now more bugged then ever was discovered in minutes after the patch release, by players.

So how is it possible that professional programmers, who claimed (third time now, third patch) to specifically have fixed BFAW are not able to spot that BFAW is not working according to and in line with the specifications, with all their test and development tools?

Three strikes is out !!!
This discussion has been closed.