test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fire at Will (Faw) not critting *fixed in 1/30 patch*

drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Parsed an ISE run just minutes after the server went up.

Plasma Beam Array: Critical hits: 51 (23,29 percent)
Plasma Beam Array - FAW III: Critical hits: 0 (0,00 percent)

You guys sure have earned your pay again. GJ
Post edited by drake122svk on

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please hold the line, your call is very important to us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYzTMyXTns
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    zeusimazeusima Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seeing this too.

Guys, we're not going to go to the trouble of finding and reporting bugs for you if you're just going to make it worse each time.

We're putting in time and money to get consoles and equipment with certain stated behaviours and when things like this happen what are we supposed to do? What's the point of buying lobi to get say a tachyokinetic converter when we're not getting crits? Or grinding the rep to boost these skills?

Our enjoyment is being severely diminished by this.

Also, and I'm very cross about this, this fix was NOT on any of the tribble patch notes! So we players, who are consistently demonstrating our abilities to find these bugs for you were never given the opportunity to test this fix!

So my proposition:

1) Revert FAW back to a pre season 8 state. The double proc'ing was not a big deal and it penalised very few (if any) players.

2) Only put changes to FAW on Tribble so they may be tested by the players. Do not ship the updates until the community has given them the green stamp.

I cannot stress how meticulous some of us are. We will sit for hours by ourselves in a PvE instance shooting stationary targets to get this data and it just gets blown back in our faces. I think I speak for all us here when we say we're very disappointed. Even more so given that this bug was exactly the same one that happened 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    zeusima wrote: »
    Seeing this too.
    1) Revert FAW back to a pre season 8 state. The double proc'ing was not a big deal and it penalised very few (if any) players.

2) Only put changes to FAW on Tribble so they may be tested by the players. Do not ship the updates until the community has given them the green stamp.

This. /10char
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013

I cannot stress how meticulous some of us are. We will sit for hours by ourselves in a PvE instance shooting stationary targets to get this data and it just gets blown back in our faces. I think I speak for all us here when we say we're very disappointed. Even more so given that this bug was exactly the same one that happened 2 weeks ago.

And the player base appreciates it ;) Thank You.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just dont understand.. why after so many cryptic failures, this game is still online... xD. Well, since so many people are paying monthly subscriptions and a lot of zen, its probably that we will never see things like this fixed, since they care more about launching new ships and stuff in the new update than fixing these issues. Maybe if you guys donate even more cash to them, they will do something about it xD. :D.

It is too good i am not using beams on my build xD, i only can hope cryptic dont mess the rapid cannon or the scatter volley as well.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This isnt a troll post, its dead serious.

It is time to replace your QA department. This kind of stuff simply should not be occurring. We as players are finding these bugs within five minutes of release. Your QA dept is getting a resounding F here.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Leave bugs in the game because they only effect me in a positive way... odd thinking.

If you have suggestions they belong in another thread... so does my post for that matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This isnt a troll post, its dead serious.

It is time to replace your QA department. This kind of stuff simply should not be occurring. We as players are finding these bugs within five minutes of release. Your QA dept is getting a resounding F here.

Yup. But people will never learn. They will keep encouragin cryptic to keep releasing new stuff for sale instead fixing the important stuff. Honestly, i have it really clear, if these things keep happening in 2 or 3 months, i will definitely stop my monthly subscription. There is no point in support a team that clearly dont know wat are they doing or they worry more about inventing ways to gain more cash and invest all the time in them instead of working in the real important things. The new update not only didnt fix things that are supossed to be fixed, but still a lot of bugs pending to be fixed and not even news about em. This is really sad, really really sad.
  • Options
    zeusimazeusima Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Put it this way, since we've seen a demonstration that by fixing bugs, new ones are introduced. I'm simply proposing that it be reverted to what the player base believes is the least broken state. Whilst this introduces a minor beneficial buff, it's better than completely prejudicing FAW users over cannon uses in a very very big way.

We also have evidence to suggest Acc overflow was still broken even then. So it won't benefit us on balance, but it's better for everyone than this.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ooops they fixed FaW again...lol No critz but at least the drain works :P
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did Cryptic/PWE QA even bother to really test FAW again before passing the 'fix' that broke FAX Crit again? WTH?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Put it this way, since we've seen a demonstration that by fixing bugs, new ones are introduced. I'm simply proposing that it be reverted to what the player base believes is the least broken state. Whilst this introduces a minor beneficial buff, it's better than completely prejudicing FAW users over cannon uses in a very very big way.

We also have evidence to suggest Acc overflow was still broken even then. So it won't benefit us on balance, but it's better for everyone than this.

I know you don't speak for me and I doubt you speak for the "majority" of anything.

No ability should be allowing weapons to proc more then normal. That was one of the worst bugs to ever exist in this game imo. Yes it was horribly unbalanced.

Lets be honest you liked it because it allowed your faw boat to push 20k+ DPS in STFs. ;) Broken is broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you're happy about this?
    really?
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    i've made 3 posts about the various FAW bugs in the few weeks and they where all marked "resolved" without actually resolving the issues i reported...

So what's my incentive to report new bugs? everything i report doesn't get fixed and actually ends up worse than it was previously.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It is pretty funny... and the PvE outrage is going to give me a good Xmas smile as there is no way this gets fixed till after the holidays. lmao

Honestly if Cryptic is listening... I KNOW Bort you say the work of making CSV work with beams would be heavy... however lets be honest... the work involved with tweaking faw every single patch is higher in the long run... if you need to sell the idea to your bosses. Simply explain to them that ever time this happens, they are loosing RP/PvE Casual players that get annoyed by the state of there main man skill. (Well I guess you won't do that if you think it might mean you job... blame someone else and make the point though lol)

Ok I'll stop being silly... seriously

CSV - Rename it Fire at Will... and take the time needed to allow the skill to work with any energy wepaon. (Seeing beams hit targets in a cone... is MORE true to Canon... it makes more sense in a game sense... and I get the feeling the code is cleaner, I only ever remember one major messed up version of CSV, and when you guys fixed its power useage awhile back it stayed fixed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    you're happy about this?
    really?

No fawtard builds over the holidays... I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So if Phaser still fine? If so I know what I'm running lol
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, to be honest, all of this probably started when the PVEHeroes in FAW Scimitars beat up some PVP guys, who then subsequently cried for a nerf and Cryptic started messing with the skill.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    So if Phaser still fine? If so I know what I'm running lol

No according to some reports Phaser is broke as every other energy type. Haven't tried myself though.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, to be honest, all of this probably started when the PVEHeroes beat up some PVP guys with FAW Scimitars, who then subsequently cried for a nerf and Cryptic started messing with the skill.

Faw has been through quite honestly 30 or so versions now... I don't think the latest changes are anything new. lol

I think you can also blame the 2min STF runs more then anything else.

Regardless the power usage correction although nice... still doesn't fix the game breaking issue that is faw. Its still just as broken... so a small handful of noobs will go from breaking 8 or 9k DPS back down to 6k... but the guys doing 30k are sitll going to be doing 30k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    i've made 3 posts about the various FAW bugs in the few weeks and they where all marked "resolved" without actually resolving the issues i reported...

So what's my incentive to report new bugs? everything i report doesn't get fixed and actually ends up worse than it was previously.

What they are saying by resolved... is that they are aware of the issue and are either fine with it (don't consider it to be bugged)... or are already working on a fix. Its there way of telling you they hear you with out explaining to you what there future plans are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Can confirm: Romulan PLasma, Disrupters and Polaron (phased, fleet and normals) are all broke.
  • Options
    zenveidezenveide Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know you don't speak for me and I doubt you speak for the "majority" of anything.

No ability should be allowing weapons to proc more then normal. That was one of the worst bugs to ever exist in this game imo. Yes it was horribly unbalanced.

Lets be honest you liked it because it allowed your faw boat to push 20k+ DPS in STFs. ;) Broken is broken.

Let me guess, you are a cannon user with an obvious chip on the shoulder... He does speak for me and others... I would propose that we all complain about each other skills so they all getting broken and in the end PWE wins as we all spending more money trying to find a build that actually works.
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Confirmed on my test ship. FAW does not crit at all now.

I enjoy playing this game and i've enjoyed beam boats particularly for almost a year now. It's not fun playing the game when stuff is broke. I've spent millions of EC and respec tokens doing tests to find these bugs.

Closing the last thread of the subject saying it's resolved when you did NOT even confirm that energy weapon spec was NOT working during FAW is reprehensible. Admitting there is an ACC problem is a step in the right direction. However the only thing resolved was making FAW use weapon power correctly now. At least i will assume it's working correctly now. Using a weapons battery sure doesn't seem to effect weapon power much. It still drains down to 70 on my ship with and without a weapons battery. Although average weapon power was increased by a bit it looks like.

Crit rate=not working
    Crit Severity=not working (assumed)
    Weapons battery working correctly ??? unknown
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you freaking kidding me?! You broke it... while fixing it... AGAIN? This is why I will not spend another dime on this game. You got all the money you're going to get out of me till you pull your heads out your tailpipes.... I'm not paying for something that's broke.

*Edit - Supposedly BranFlakes just confirmed no fix until after the new year. Are you serious? 2 weeks until a fix? Lazy, shameful. Take care of your customers...
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, hopped into a fed fleet alert (as it requires no concentration at all) and sure enough, no crits. Power drain is a bit weird but not had time to really look at it but off the top of my head it's not working the same as regular firing.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Brandon just confirmed via twitter that the problem has been passed on, but he doesn't think it will be dealt with before Christmas.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    That was pretty much obvious from the start.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    The team is investigating. However, I don't believe a fix will be available for this until after the Holidays due to the break.

Apologies in the meantime, but we will work to resolve this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.