What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fire at Will (Faw) not critting *fixed in 1/30 patch*

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Getting real tired of this. To be honest this bug has broken half of my ships.

They still... kinda work. But 50 percent of my attacks arent critting like they should. Spent an awful lot of lobi/dilithium/zen to get the crit rates as high as I have them... ya know Cryptic?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2014
    Beam overload
    Worthless as a skill to use on your ship on PvE Avg 10k damage every 15 seconds

Beam fire at Will
    where are the crits at ?...................Gone

Cannons get double the firing rate for 2X the Proc chances with Crf
    Cannons get ( Crits ) when used in scatter volley....and Rapid fire Beams do not

Beam weapons have no worthwhile special attacks now

We need a Beam Rapid fire

We need BO and BFaW to be fixed so they equal Cannon special attacks in PvE

In our fleet Beam cruisers for new players are not reccomended so no Cstore sales

Sorry cryptic we will not promote BROKEN ships because you broke and wont fix there primary weapons

I dont want to talk about it..............Get it done !
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Getting real tired of this. To be honest this bug has broken half of my ships.

They still... kinda work. But 50 percent of my attacks arent critting like they should. Spent an awful lot of lobi/dilithium/zen to get the crit rates as high as I have them... ya know Cryptic?

In several patch notes Cryptic claims BFAW is fixed. In reality it is not. In fact before Cryptic went on holiday for 2 weeks they completely broke BFAW and haven't looked at it since en did not even include a roll back to a better state in last 2 maintenance patches.

How Cryptic is lacking in solving bugs, spreads easily on social media. This negatively affects the number of players or time they spend in game. As a result a negative impact on Cryptic's cash flow.

It's not just fixing bugs, but also fixing the way customers feel about Cryptic.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dont think cryptic care about "how" the customers feels. But since people seem to dont even care about cryptic doing nothing, i dont expect this bug to be solved soon, even if should have been ages ago. I mean, i dunno you guys, but STO is the buggiest game ive evern played. But thats not the problem, the problem is, its too late to solve all the bugs in the game, cryptic knows that. But they are not worrried because people keep playing and cashing ammounts of zen to them. So.. the main problem here is that people keep complaining and keep playing. So, dont expect cryptic to do something about fixing bugs that they dont want to fix, because they need that time to release new content and new zen stuff to sale.

Honestly, i dont even know how after 3 - 4 years, the community of STO is so big.. its incredible. Ive been playing for 3 months and i am amazed on how bad is doing things cryptic. But im am more amazed on how many people keep playing. I see tons of bugs every day, but i dont bother anymore, cuz i know everyday will be a new bug, and the old ones will be there forever.

And, any other decent company will dedicate the updates to solve bugs instead anything else. But cryptic wont.. incredible.

And any other decent comapny will test the updates propertly before they update the game. But cryptic wont.. incredible.

And just saying, if people keep complaningn without doing nothing, i dunno the reason why there are so many posts about bugs. Really. Meanwhile, cryptic is filling their pockets with thousands of cash provided by zen purchases, and they are so happy that they dont even need to worry about solving bugs. xD.

I just hope poeople wake up one day, but after 4 years, if that didnt happen... :(
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Look at the bright side: You save a lot of money this way. Since your nice CrtD and CrtH consoles are now indistinguishable from an empty slot and your CrtD beams are indistinguishable from white beams, when you're fitting out a cruiser, you can just leave those slots empty and fit white beams: The performance will be exactly the same since you can't crit anyway, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

In fact, you probably won't even need to buy a ship at all. Flying your ship in this state is mostly about the same as showing up in your Miranda, after all, so why bother getting a nice ship when your Miranda can accomplish the same job of being useless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've already taken to just filling up my daily projects and then switching over to games that aren't riddled with bugs. Homeworld 2 has been a nice distraction, next probably Bridge Commander or if I can dig up the cd Armada 2.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Now that some of the team is back in from Holdiay, we'll be working on and testing a resolution to the non-critting issue with FaW internally. We hope to have this pushed to Tribble once it's ready for public testing, and then to Holodeck with an upcoming patch.

Thanks for your patience as we got through the break.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now that some of the team is back in from Holdiay, we'll be working on and testing a resolution to the non-critting issue with FaW internally. We hope to have this pushed to Tribble once it's ready for public testing, and then to Holodeck with an upcoming patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can you please ensure you test acc along with acc overflow and Energy Weapon Specialization as those were not working on the previous patch when crits were working.

I will be using my calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEhF6YV_JYQdFZNQ0hZV3AtT0ZYeFA2LTNVdlcyMkE&usp=sharing#gid=0 to verify my testing. And anyone else is welcome to use it as well. However please make a copy of it if others are using it. If anything seems in error please point it out.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is the wrong thread to ask, but while you're looking into this can we have a status update on the bugs where people have lost wardrobe slots? It's been a "known issue" for a while now.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It's not just and only the not critting with BFAW that is bugged !!!!

Does cryptic read selective? As this and many other BFAW bug threads and bug reports prove, there is MORE not working as specified regarding BFAW.
  • Options
    jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bran, its not critting, attack patterns and all other bonuses that do not work with fire at will. You had it fixed a few weeks ago (but it wasnt draining energy). It is better that it not drain energy than it doesn't work at all. Either revert the patch to when it was working OR fix the whole thing at once. DO NOT LEAVE IT BROKEN LIKE THIS. If PVPers complain that FAW is being used in PVP now, too bad for them.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It was not fixed a few weeks ago. Acc was broke as was energy weapon specialization. I lost crit Hit% and a lot of Crit severity. Let's not confuse them by misinformation as i want everything fixed.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was not fixed a few weeks ago. Acc was broke as was energy weapon specialization. I lost crit Hit% and a lot of Crit severity. Let's not confuse them by misinformation as i want everything fixed.

This was a different patch. Acc overflow was working as well. They tried to fix the energy drain which nuked crits all together.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    This was a different patch. Acc overflow was working as well. They tried to fix the energy drain which nuked crits all together.

Accuracy overflow was not working in the prior build with no power drain. The power drain but was about making up for the ACC overflow issue. I did extensive testing on this, found a 7% critical chance drop off and 60% severity drop off on BFAW with beam arrays. Interestingly enough Dual Beam Banks were showing a much smaller drop off in both chance and severity, but still a drop off. Once they claim to have fixed criticals I plan on doing another long test to see if they really did or not.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Exactly. And acc overflow by itself does not account for 7% drop off in crit H% and a 60% drop off in Crit D%. So my assumption was that acc and energy weapon spec were both broke. Although there could be other stuff that was also broke. I just want to ensure they look into everything as it was clearly not working anywhere near correctly. ty for the contribution.
  • Options
    jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys need to fix everything with it. If you can't I'll SETTLE for the non energy draining version.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This isnt a troll post, its dead serious.

It is time to replace your QA department. This kind of stuff simply should not be occurring. We as players are finding these bugs within five minutes of release. Your QA dept is getting a resounding F here.

Bud.. What makes you think they even have a QA department?

I think it's clear by now that this company is running without one.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Bud.. What makes you think they even have a QA department?

I think it's clear by now that this company is running without one.

Yeah i always chuckle when they talk about there QA dept. If they ha a QA dept this bug should have taken all of 30 seconds to catch.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

Work towards a resolution continues, but there will not be one available in tomorrow's patch. As many of you know, there is an interesting history with FaW in STO, and we plan on continuing to investigate the reason why bugs with it occur. We are not currently planning to push a resolution for any issues related to FaW until we're confident that we've tracked down the underlying issue and have a permanent solution in place. I don't have a current ETA for this. We will continue to keep you in the loop as we have more information related to FaW to share, but know it's not forgotten.

Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience experienced by our players who use this power.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why does this give me a deja-vu experience to a certain thing what's stopped dropping in a certain daily in eta eridani due to a so called bug?

Goodbye FAW crit, you'll be missed.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

Work towards a resolution continues, but there will not be one available in tomorrow's patch. As many of you know, there is an interesting history with FaW in STO, and we plan on continuing to investigate the reason why bugs with it occur. We are not currently planning to push a resolution for any issues related to FaW until we're confident that we've tracked down the underlying issue and have a permanent solution in place. I don't have a current ETA for this. We will continue to keep you in the loop as we have more information related to FaW to share, but know it's not forgotten.

Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience experienced by our players who use this power.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Here's a novel idea:

Instead of applying a bandaid repeatedly to a broken ability, throw out the existing code for Fire-at-Will, and recode it from the ground up.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

While we appreciate the "non update," why isn't this priority #1? For that matter, priority #1, 2 and 3. Everything was mostly fine until you tried to get FAW from "double tapping" with DEM. This has caused the cascade of errors to follow--each one worse than the prior. Can't you just roll back the code on FAW to the pre-DEM fix? This has been 2 months now. You have essentially wiped out two classes of captains and all cruisers.

At this point a lot of the top players have stopped playing. The whole DPS community is at a standstill and quickly losing patience. Many players are off to other games and might not return. Please roll it back to "pre-DEM" fix while you sort it out. Being COMPLETELY and UTTERLY broken is unacceptable.

Trying not to rant, but this is taking way to long. Furthermore, you guys also borked something with last Shard Maintenance. NPC's plasma burns are insanely high now as is kinetic damage (causing full shields insta pops) from warp cores for NPC's, and one-shot heavy plasma torps. Was working prior to last week, now messed up. It is the old bugs you had from almost a year ago resurfacing.

Please get it together.
  • Options
    vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    porchsong wrote: »
    While we appreciate the "non update," why isn't this priority #1? For that matter, priority #1, 2 and 3. Everything was mostly fine until you tried to get FAW from "double tapping" with DEM. This has caused the cascade of errors to follow--each one worse than the prior. Can't you just roll back the code on FAW to the pre-DEM fix? This has been 2 months now. You have essentially wiped out two classes of captains and all cruisers.

At this point a lot of the top players have stopped playing. The whole DPS community is at a standstill and quickly losing patience. Many players are off to other games and might not return. Please roll it back to "pre-DEM" fix while you sort it out. Being COMPLETELY and UTTERLY broken is unacceptable.

Trying not to rant, but this is taking way to long. Furthermore, you guys also borked something with last Shard Maintenance. NPC's plasma burns are insanely high now as is kinetic damage (causing full shields insta pops) from warp cores for NPC's, and one-shot heavy plasma torps. Was working prior to last week, now messed up. It is the old bugs you had from almost a year ago resurfacing.

Please get it together.

+1

/10 chars
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea:

Instead of applying a bandaid repeatedly to a broken ability, throw out the existing code for Fire-at-Will, and recode it from the ground up.

That may or may not be what we do :) But read the bolded part of my quote -- we're no longer applying band aids for it, as mentioned.

@porch -- it is a priority, but with what I mentioned above and in my post earlier this evening, it's not a simple task.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That may or may not be what we do :) But read the bolded part of my quote -- we're no longer applying band aids for it, as mentioned.

@porch -- it is a priority, but with what I mentioned above and in my post earlier this evening, it's not a simple task.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

Thank you for the reply, but can't you guys just roll back faw to pre-Dem fix while you rebuild code or find permanent fix? At least it that way it is playable. Some of us went through a tremendous amount of effort reorganizing the DPS channels, working with a programmer for uniform parsing, and setting us a DPS-League, so that players can rank themselves globally; but now it is essentially for naught as dps scores are so broken due to FAW not working properly. The shear amount of time and effort (not to mention ec, dil, and zen) people have put into testing combinations to eek out the max dps only to have it stripped from us is frustrating. There has to be a way to roll it back to "mostly" functional until you resolve other issues. At least with Pre-DEM patch, it mostly worked. Leaving it completely broken is the worst possible scenario until you fix it. As I stated earlier, the 2 highest dsp'rs in the game are no longer playing because you broke our boats so severely. There has to be a happy medium here. Simply letting us blow in the wind is really not fair. We have been very patient for the last 2 months since this whole fiasco started and to hear "There is no ETA" is a punch to the gut for us.

We appreciate that you are working on the issue, and that it's a priority, but I would rather have a barely broken faw (again pre-Dem patch) than a completely broken faw with no eta on a fix.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tell the systems team to take their time and get it right. We'll live.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    porchsong wrote: »
    snip

No, unfortunately. We're not going to roll it back to a state where it's still not working as intended. We don't "favor" one FaW bug over the other, and find both issues just as "buggy" -- we want to fix it once and for all, and it will take time. I know it's frustrating, I use FaW too on several of my ships that I use daily, but all we're asking right now is for your continued patience so we can do as futurepastnow suggests above -- right, and hopefully for the last time. It's a shame to hear that some players have decided to take a hiatus over this, and I hope they decide to return once we've pushed a resolution live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No, unfortunately. We're not going to roll it back to a state where it's still not working as intended. We don't "favor" one FaW bug over the other, and find both issues just as "buggy" -- we want to fix it once and for all, and it will take time. I know it's frustrating, I use FaW too on several of my ships that I use daily, but all we're asking right now is for your continued patience so we can do as futurepastnow suggests above -- right, and hopefully for the last time. It's a shame to hear that some players have decided to take a hiatus over this, and I hope they decide to return once we've pushed a resolution live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You keep saying it will take time, but you do not say how much time. Are we talking about a fix in next weeks patch, 2 weeks, a month, what? I'm already quite bored with this game after 2 months of having my bests builds broken beyond belief, if its going to be another week fine, i will live with that. If its gonna be a month or two I'll probably be moving on for the time being.

You need to understand that the difficulty of end game content is a joke for some of us, and the only thing left to do was compete in the DPS race, you guys have taken that away with these bugs. The new season 8 content and the winter event provided some distraction, but really now its getting boring.
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can you at least tell us if its on the scheduled or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is nothing worse then being asked "how long" when you simply have no way to determine. I know I can't predict the future and you definitely can't schedule unexpected errors.

I use FAW as well. I agree it is broken. Unusable? No. My eng in an Avenger with 5 dbb is still doing 12 k damage. In a group we can still finish CSE in under 5 minutes. I know people who still play with faw and can get 25k dps.

That being said 2 months to resolve faw is pretty bad. I am glad that branflakes gave us an update to let us know what is happening but at this point instead of asking "How soon" could you keep up updated on the repair work. What is happening behind the scenes so we know it is being worked on?
This discussion has been closed.