Install Arc

Fire at Will (Faw) not critting *fixed in 1/30 patch*

Comments

• totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Double post my excuses.
    edited December 2013
    How is it possible that after 3 weeks of patches BFAW is still not fixed ???

My CritH percentage is now below 7% but should be well over 20% according to damage in space info. CritH was fixed but now broken again.

Also ACC overflow is still not working. Only energy drain nerf seems working.
    Also why was again the BFAW bug thread closed while not resolved
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, to be honest, all of this probably started when the PVEHeroes in FAW Scimitars beat up some PVP guys, who then subsequently cried for a nerf and Cryptic started messing with the skill.

this latest round of fixes was kicked off because FAW was triggering to many per shot type procs. its been a mess ever since
    edited December 2013
    Faw has been through quite honestly 30 or so versions now... I don't think the latest changes are anything new. lol

I think you can also blame the 2min STF runs more then anything else.

Regardless the power usage correction although nice... still doesn't fix the game breaking issue that is faw. Its still just as broken... so a small handful of noobs will go from breaking 8 or 9k DPS back down to 6k... but the guys doing 30k are sitll going to be doing 30k.

I don't think you get it. Builds with DHC can do also over 30K in ISE. So stop blaming BFAW for being OP.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Well, because at the time it was resolved.

FAW Crt error bug introduced.
    Fix for FAW Crt error, introduces new error on drain for FAW
    Drain for FAW fixed, FAW Crt error reintroduced

It's the circle of life.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    To clarify what I was seeing,

Normal firing my weapon power was dipping to max 100 power from +125

Fire at Will active: It was dipping to the 60's but it was very inconsistant dipping, sometimes it would go all the way to 60, other times only 80s.

I was running emergency power to weapons 1 (+22 weapon power), plasmodic leech (~+1.9 power per hit) and had 3 skill bars of weapon power and warp core potential (~+9 power). This was firing 7 elachi beam arrays with a kinetic cutting beam aft, assimilated console for the omega weapon amp proc on a scimitar.

Hope it helps.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited December 2013
    BFAW
    - Crith not working
    - ACC not working
    + Power drain (self) working

How difficult is that for the programmers to understand?
    edited December 2013
    Roll back today's patch immediately! Or does Cryptic have no disaster scenario?
    edited December 2013
    Sorry I am loosing my patience. Ohm Ohm OOOHMMMM.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    About this... am I the only one noticing Phasers under FAW have lost procs as well?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited December 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    About this... am I the only one noticing Phasers under FAW have lost procs as well?

No I noticed it also.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bort, do you think you could do a patch tonight to roll back the FAW version and nothing else?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this latest round of fixes was kicked off because FAW was triggering to many per shot type procs. its been a mess ever since

Yes, and this "FAW is triggering too many procs per shot" issue was brought up by PVPers AFTER they actually started paying attention to it because they were gang ***** by some PVE folks in Scimitars... cause and effect so to speak.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »

Sooo...

No crits and no procs for the next 2 weeks? Is this Cryptic's holiday gift for beam users?
    edited December 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    Sooo...

No crits and no procs for the next 2 weeks? Is this Cryptic's holiday gift for beam users?

I have other games to play and will not spend money on STO till this BFAW is fixed. Just do this Q-races daily and bye bye.
  • kingstonalankingstonalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    crth and disruptor proc not working here
  • zenveidezenveide Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, and this "FAW is triggering too many procs per shot" issue was brought up by PVPers AFTER they actually started paying attention to it because they were gang ***** by some PVE folks in Scimitars... cause and effect so to speak.

This +1, and out DPS'ed in STF...:rolleyes: Yeah, we can't have that!
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    To clarify what I was seeing,

Normal firing my weapon power was dipping to max 100 power from +125

Fire at Will active: It was dipping to the 60's but it was very inconsistant dipping, sometimes it would go all the way to 60, other times only 80s.

I was running emergency power to weapons 1 (+22 weapon power), plasmodic leech (~+1.9 power per hit) and had 3 skill bars of weapon power and warp core potential (~+9 power). This was firing 7 elachi beam arrays with a kinetic cutting beam aft, assimilated console for the omega weapon amp proc on a scimitar.

Hope it helps.

Noticed this as well to some extent. My weapon power actually dropped to 45 During a FAW3. I'm at 127 weapon power soft cap. This is without using my leech console. And no aux2bat. With my leech console i gain approx 19 power. Aux2bat gets me another 11 power. That's 127+19+11=157. It dropped to as low as 70 weapon power using leech and aux2bat. I was using 7 plasma beams as this ship can only field 7. All were Plasma MK XI rare [crtD]x2 weapons. Weapons battery and red matter capacitor still let my weapon power drop to 70. However the average weapon power did seem higher.

Something is seriously wrong here. And i don't think it's just a FAW issue. Further testing is needed. Time to bust out my engineer i guess.

FYI plasma proc was working fine during FAW.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, belittle the devs, that will encourage them...

I do think at this point reverting BFAW would be a wise choice...before Cryptic goes on there holiday break and we are left with 3-4 weeks of a broken mechanic. Honestly, procing twice per cycle is no where near as bad as stacking disruptor procs we lived with for almost 3 years.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • savingjsavingj Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Finally, no more zombie-a2b-no-skill bfaw boats in pvp. Hip Hip Horray!
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As another posted observed and after testing i found the same issue.

Disruptor proc NOT working during a FAW. Limited testing so this could be proven incorrect. I haven't had it proc once with slightly over 1,000 faw II hits.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep this will be a very much more enjoyable holiday season with out the FAW noob sauce builds.

Seriously though 15 toons have a few that run faw.

Faw was broken before todays patch... so how would roling one broken version back to another broken version be a fix of anything ?

Better idea... take the time over the next 2 weeks to learn to play and change your builds... cause if you dont' get it now... if the power change still leaves faw as > then everything else its going to get corrected again. lol

Don't worry I'll play a bit this weekend and so will a few others we'll get a new cookie cutter ready for you for new years. lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zeusima wrote: »
    Put it this way, since we've seen a demonstration that by fixing bugs, new ones are introduced. I'm simply proposing that it be reverted to what the player base believes is the least broken state. Whilst this introduces a minor beneficial buff, it's better than completely prejudicing FAW users over cannon uses in a very very big way.

We also have evidence to suggest Acc overflow was still broken even then. So it won't benefit us on balance, but it's better for everyone than this.

How can you honestly say that it was a minor beneficial buff?!

Have you seen the videos of folks running Elite STFS + optionals with +- 4mins on the clock SOLO?
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited December 2013

Have you seen the videos of folks running Elite STFS + optionals with +- 4mins on the clock SOLO?

the double proc was at most adding 1% to total DPS. that's minor beneficial.
  • zeusimazeusima Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It's a tiny, almost negligible buff since the top players are using the marion doff anyway. It's actually a net debuff because accuracy overflow was broken even then, and that's at least a 10% DPS loss depending on your crit severity. Easily could be as high as 20% vs certain targets.
    edited December 2013
    the double proc was at most adding 1% to total DPS. that's minor beneficial.

I'm talking about the whole mechanic. Its not working as intended. Both in relation to itself, the drain mechanism and in combination with other abilities.

"Guy with a tumor the size of a watermelon asks the doctor how's he doing. Doctor says he's got nothing to worry about. His shows signs of minor heart palpitations, but nothing to concern over."
    edited December 2013

Do not generalize like that. There is only one "folks" who captured such a STF run on video, and I believe he did it while FAW was broken (no crits) in the first place. It does not mean that everyone who does PVE content can do it like he did.
    edited December 2013
    Do not generalize like that. There is only one "folks" who captured such a STF run on video, and I believe he did it while FAW was broken (no crits) in the first place. It does not mean that everyone who does PVE content can do it like he did.

Last time I checked (not very intensive I admit) there were 3-4 channels where you ran trials to even qualify to be invited. Or am I wrong.
    edited December 2013
    Last time I checked (not very intensive I admit) there were 3-4 channels where you ran trials to even qualify to be invited. Or am I wrong.

And what does that have to do with one person solo-ing ISE with 4 mins left on the optional?
    edited December 2013
    And what does that have to do with one person solo-ing ISE with 4 mins left on the optional?

Its proof that its not just one person. He just happens to have made a video of it.
This discussion has been closed.