What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #30

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate to breaknthis news to all the fed players.

Klingons cloak. We as a faction get innate cloaking on most of our ships and battle cloaking on our Raiders. Its been the norm since before the game went live.

Romulans get Battle Cloaking. Its an innate feature of all Romulan vessels.

Its two perks these two factions enjoy as per their IP counter parts in the genre of Star Trek.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So Worf led a project designed specifically to kill Feds? What?

Also, does everything the Avenger does, plus cloak, plus an arguably-better console, and doesn't give up anything (even a few thousand hull or something) in trade? Again, what?

Oh boy. Here we go. Every time the KDF gets something new, all the QQing Feds show up. Just stop whining that we get something better than you. You have plenty of upper-hands on us and you can't always have something equivalent or better than us. It's how it works, just like real life, and you can't keep taking away our in-game livelihood by leveling our unique material. You sound exactly like a communist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    Where was Worf banned? Because as far as the story goes, the most dishonor he's gotten was from his son's actions, and even that hardly seems enough
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    yeah it's kinda strange how sto 'explains' story. it leaves much to be desired that's for sure.
    anyway looking forward to seeing the ship in game! I may just have to break the bank if I like what I see when on holodeck :)
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    Why would a man who briefly became Chancellor of the Klingon Empire(and transferred it over to the head of his adopted House) stay dishonored and banished?

Okay, if you go into the Lore of the game when J'mpok killed Martok and became Chancellor he banished Worf from entering the Great Hall. Which is why he is outside of it in the courtyard area. The lore of the story goes along with path of after Lursa and B'tor were killed by the enterprise Ja'rod went and was raised by Torg/House of Torg which were allies of the House of J'mpok and that is why when he came to power they were basically a 3 house alliance but from how the story progresses there is a void of story where the House of Duras and the House of J'mpok now stand after the discommendation of the House of Torg/Torg himself.

So they need to explain the story of how J'mpok and Worf suddenly became best buddies to let him name the ship :)

Edit: On what the General said the interview of the war being ended if this is something that was suppossed to be done leading up to something they haven't shared yet on the end of the war? LOL
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mwhitaker wrote: »
    Oh boy. Here we go. Every time the KDF gets something new, all the QQing Feds show up. Just stop whining that we get something better than you. You have plenty of upper-hands on us and you can't always have something equivalent or better than us. It's how it works, just like real life, and you can't keep taking away our in-game livelihood by leveling our unique material. You sound exactly like a communist.

One more Amen.
    From the romulan point of view i understand you
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mwhitaker wrote: »

*laughs* Thinking a game ought to be balanced and that advantages ought to be paid for with disadvantages is QQing huh? My dearest, humblest apologies to all the special snowflakes out there. *hands out participation trophies*
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm very impressed with this ship. Keep up the KDF love! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    I can't remember which interview he said it in, but Geko pretty much said that they are going to end the war between the KDF and FEDs.

The G and T show about two Sundays back, I think.

R.I.P
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Klingons cloak. We as a faction get innate cloaking on most of our ships and battle cloaking on our Raiders. Its been the norm since before the game went live.

Yeah, I'm ok with that.

Except when the Vet ships were released KDF Vet ship (and Rom Vet ship) both got battle cloaks with a cost - lower shield mod.

Or rather the Fed ship had a higher shield mod.

Except that is tossed out the window here, and the KDF gets a 100% exact clone of the Fed ship, but also gets a cloak out of the deal - no loss of shield mod, no compromises.

Just a superior version, with no other differences.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ensign Tactical, Avenger reshash. Ugly design. Definitely not wasting my funds.

Give me a K'vort, I'd buy that.
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Awesome thanks Cryptic. Great work. How I would imagine a KDF ship to appear in the 24th century. Futuristic with an emphasis on tradition.

Mines already name I.K.S Madiba.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *laughs* Thinking a game ought to be balanced and that advantages ought to be paid for with disadvantages is QQing huh? My dearest, humblest apologies to all the special snowflakes out there. *hands out participation trophies*

It is balanced. The Avenger gets to be a cloaker against UFP presidential mandate because it was not built with cloaking but uses a device the player already owns from another ship.

R.I.P
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate to break this news to all the fed players.

I'm not bothered. I'm glad there's a new, capable, KDF ship in the C-Store, in fact. I said what I said to bring up Cryptic's very coarse approach to ship design.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ladies and gentlemen, the obligatory "I'd prefer a K'vort" post.

Applause all round, I think
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    • Buy B'rel
    • Zoom in really close
    • K'vort
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is balanced. The Avenger gets to be a cloaker against UFP presidential mandate because it was not built with cloaking but uses a device the player already owns from another ship.

But thats story balance, I want mechanical balance. Too many years playing tabletop maybe, but like if I'm building a ship from a 100-point pool, if I spend 5 points on a cloaking device, I should have to give up 5 points somewhere else. Everyone builds their own ships from that same 100-point pool but goes in wildly different directions based on theme, end of the day they're still 100-point ships and balance out. But one faction gets 110 points because Story? That isn't right.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Edit: On what the General said the interview of the war being ended if this is something that was suppossed to be done leading up to something they haven't shared yet on the end of the war? LOL

Sphere of Influence (the last dialogue you have with Worf) is suppose to have set the stage for something yet to come in game that ends the war.

However, we have yet to see it and how long it will take before we do? ... Can't guess. ... Somethings are quick ... other things are ... well .... We are Klingon faction so we know how long things can take. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    But thats story balance, I want mechanical balance. Too many years playing tabletop maybe, but like if I'm building a ship from a 100-point pool, if I spend 5 points on a cloaking device, I should have to give up 5 points somewhere else. Everyone builds their own ships from that same 100-point pool but goes in wildly different directions based on theme, end of the day they're still 100-point ships and balance out. But one faction gets 110 points because Story? That isn't right.

This. A thousand times this. This is a post that every member of the design team should be required to read before sitting down at their desk each and every morning.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2013
    The thing looks as cute as the avenger
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited December 2013
    bryligg wrote: »
    This. A thousand times this. This is a post that every member of the design team should be required to read before sitting down at their desk each and every morning.

Im sure they'd appreciate you forcing that on them :rolleyes:
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013

the +10 extra story points feds get is not having to pay for a single tier of science vessel.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam! thlIngan maH!

*paroxysms of glee and awesomeness*

This is EXACTLY what we need. I'm gonna get one ASAP, then I'm gonna blow the hell out of some Voth and Iconian probes. Bring it ON, demons of air and darkness! The warriors of the Empire are ready to destroy you for honor and glory!
  • Options
    mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I don't think that self-seeking, inconsiderate and senseless players such as yourself really get it. You're the typical Fed-fanboy. Everytime the kdf gets something you become infuriated as if it's overpowered and/or going to give the kdf an advantage against the federation. You mechanical balance cannot exist because the federation already is more powerful than the kdf: it's not us that have the power creep problem, it's the romulans, so harp on them. You have no right to complain about this ship unless you can somehow prove that it is more powerful than a Scimitar, and you'll probably be getting an equally OP ship within the next few months anyway. Your kind are like silver-spooned spoiled toddlers and need to learn to be grateful for the fact that you have taken everything unique from us anyway. You have ships that can be used to equal if not greater effect, and have taken all of the best consoles that gave a signature touch to the kdf. Imbalance is what you're asking for.

I can't understand why branflakes allows threads like this to continue this far
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • Options
    sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the +10 extra story points feds get is not having to pay for a single tier of science vessel.

And then there are romulan boffs on the "third" side ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    The thing is ships are build by houses, there is no central authority in the Klingon Empire that oversees designs, Worf is with the House of Martok.

The story about this ship is simply lubricious, its pretty much "we stolen the Avenger plans and copied them" with fanwank on top.

The way that the Klingon Empire actually works ship names such as the IKS whatever would be up to the individual houses but as far as authority with such things as anything concerning the Empire as a whole like ship designs would either be up to the High Council or The Chancellor himself.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree that there's a problem with the Feds having the Avenger and the KDF having the Mogh...with what appears to be a copypasta job. The best solution would be to remove the Avenger from the Feds. Problem solved! :D
  • Options
    bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rrincy wrote: »
    Im sure they'd appreciate you forcing that on them :rolleyes:

Repetition breeds proficiency.

And while the kdf could definitely use more science ships, now that's getting into restitution as part of 1-to-1 ship balance, which is a big no-no.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    Sphere of Influence (the last dialogue you have with Worf) is suppose to have set the stage for something yet to come in game that ends the war.

However, we have yet to see it and how long it will take before we do? ... Can't guess. ... Somethings are quick ... other things are ... well .... We are Klingon faction so we know how long things can take. :)

Yeah very much so lol :D I guess looking at that way there is some turn of events that is somewhat missing maybe even a singular event that would pretty much explain how that comes to be. My best guess would be some new rep that reveals something like say undine on both sides that are exposed and at same time they learn the iconians had tricked them at the same time and then the taking time part would probally converting the game to where the problem with fed and kdf toons not being able to group together without a private lobby would come to be lol.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bryligg wrote: »
    Repetition breeds proficiency.

And while the kdf could definitely use more science ships, now that's getting into restitution as part of 1-to-1 ship balance, which is a big no-no.

I sincerely apologize for buying into the idea that every faction should be distinct and unique, with the outcome of my chosen iteration of this distinctiveness and uniqueness recurring frequently enough to have a noticable impact on my play experience.

I see now that I was mistaken, and everything in game should not only quantitatively balance out, but should also mirror every other part of the game too. Thank you for showing me the light that is the 3 roles of the trinity in 3 different faction specific paint schemes. Because that sounds like a much better, more intricate, complex, and nuanced game to play. I want to play that game. Even though it already exists and is called chess.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice ship for the klingons... however what happened to balance? Looking at other ships with copy/paste stats, the vet ship got less shields in exchange for innate cloak, the temporal ships did get identical stats but also no cloak. Yet this one gets more crew and integrated cloak for free without any offset?