Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #30

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    huskerklg wrote: »
    There has always been a negative to cloaking to counter balance that in the setting.

The game does not have that counter balance. The time shields take to come back is no where near the compensation.

Besides there needing to be a real game counter balance.

Evidently only KDF BoPs and Raptors pay for their innate cloaking. KDF battle cruisers do not have such a handicap as all KDF battle cruisers have had innate cloaking since they where constructed that way after gaining the device from the romulans.

But since the gripe about Cloaking devices make the player give up a console slot to use the device is unfair for the option, where is the extra console slots for all the other universal consoles ingame?
    No extra slot was given the KDF vessels so the player could use the Universal consoles that come with them.
    It boils down to choice and sacrifice. You can choose to lose a slot to run a AMS, Plasmonic leech, GpG or a cloaking console for ability it brings to build or not.
    There is no imbalance.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I bought my Mogh over the weekend. It's the first full-priced ship I purchased without a specific character in mind for which I wanted to use it. I bought it mostly to support the KDF Faction.

I hope the Mogh has good sales and becomes worthwhile for Cryptic to continue investment. Especially in the mission and costume departments. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I bought my Mogh over the weekend. It's the first full-priced ship I purchased without a specific character in mind for which I wanted to use it. I bought it mostly to support the KDF Faction.

I hope the Mogh has good sales and becomes worthwhile for Cryptic to continue investment. Especially in the mission and costume departments. :)

Actually, I've specifically decided to not buy it.

I already own the Fleet Tor'khat, a Fleet Avenger and I disagree that any item like a cloak no matter how small should be considered irrelevant when balancing otherwise identical ships.

Never mind the Nausican space trait and Elite Fleet disruptors which would have been enough to push the Mogh to being superior in the first place.
  • Options
    feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    Someone without an epohh friend.
    Aren't eppohs wonderful?
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Where does it say this ship was specifically designed to kill Feds? All it says is that Worf led the team in designing a new iteration of the Negh'Var warship. It could have been created with the Borg, or the Undine, or even the Iconians, in mind.

A dammn good point. Worf is the Empire's expert on Borg and the Dominion, has experience and know-how from both RED and KDF ships. Plus mutiple engagements with Romulans, Renegade Klingons, and other hostiles (a list parsecs long)!

Of all the C/Z-Store entries, this is the ship i most want to get! Even more than the Odyssey/Bortasqu'/Scimitar/Vesta trifectas!!! Though they are still on my list!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I love the ship, I love the console, I'm definitely buying it even though I only have a level 12 neglected kdf alt. But I have one small comment.

Now that we've established that releases will be carbon copies for each side, instead of profession divided 3 packs of the same ship, why not cross factional 3 packs where you drop 50 dollars, get the equivalent ship for each side, and then the third ship would be your choice of the fleet variant of either (but not both) ships? Or throw roms in there, too, and have an actual 3 faction 3 pack. That'd be nice. Either way, really. Maybe ship development would be slower, but you'd have a lot fewer players feeling neglectd and disenfranchised.

I for one think that's a great idea! Also i'd been thinking along similar lines with the Lobi Store; we have cross-faction Romulan ships so why not decent Federation and Klingon cross-faction ships?
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually, I've specifically decided to not buy it.

I already own the Fleet Tor'khat, a Fleet Avenger and I disagree that any item like a cloak no matter how small should be considered irrelevant when balancing otherwise identical ships.

Never mind the Nausican space trait and Elite Fleet disruptors which would have been enough to push the Mogh to being superior in the first place.

I agree with you on this, but the KDF as it is now just doesn't have the luxury of boycotts, so I bought it.