test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #30

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski reveals more details about the Mogh Battle Cruiser in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So if i'm understanding the DDDS, it fires a warhead that drops what is basically an armed mine every few seconds, which itself fires a certain type of beam and then chases the target like a normal mine?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So Worf led a project designed specifically to kill Feds? What?

Also, does everything the Avenger does, plus cloak, plus an arguably-better console, and doesn't give up anything (even a few thousand hull or something) in trade? Again, what?
  • Options
    serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Glorious. It will be a good day to die... for the Federation.
  • Options
    pjlietz1pjlietz1 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice! I will be getting one first thing tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So Worf led a project designed specifically to kill Feds? What?

Where does it say this ship was specifically designed to kill Feds? All it says is that Worf led the team in designing a new iteration of the Negh'Var warship. It could have been created with the Borg, or the Undine, or even the Iconians, in mind.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    no unique bridge, disappointment... still a nice ship though.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,853 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The consoles seems kinda interesting but it's hard to get excited with all of the FAW spam we see outside of Borg STFs.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This lore doesn't really explain anything other than Worf getting to name it LOL.

Its kinda like issue people had with the sphere story/lore. For this for example where did Worf go from basically being rejected by the Empire and banished from the Great Hall. So he goes from basically being banned by the High Council to being able to name the most technologically advanced Battle Cruiser the empire has come out with.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Where does it say this ship was specifically designed to kill Feds?

Because I haven't heard a single Klingon-specific player anywhere say they plan to do anything useful with it, just chest-thumping PVP nonsense.
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks nice with the stats Think my KDFs will defentally be going for one. Also I think price will be the usual 2500 Zen, same as the Avenger though
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This lore doesn't really explain anything other than Worf getting to name it LOL.

Its kinda like issue people had with the sphere story/lore. For this for example where did Worf go from basically being rejected by the Empire and banished from the Great Hall. So he goes from basically being banned by the High Council to being able to name the most technologically advanced Battle Cruiser the empire has come out with.
    Where was Worf banned? Because as far as the story goes, the most dishonor he's gotten was from his son's actions, and even that hardly seems enough
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep. It's the Avenger with more crew and the cloak built in.

At least they're not pretending to balance endgame ships anymore. That's something I guess.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I think that's like the dinos. Dinos with lasers are cool, we have dinos with lasers. Worf is cool, he make a ship. And he is part of the last FE.
    Next time, Worf will have a baby with a dino. Because a dino with the Klingon style would be awesome. Especially if he have Worf's voice.

As for the ship, nice ship, nice stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited December 2013

yeah it's kinda strange how sto 'explains' story. it leaves much to be desired that's for sure.
    anyway looking forward to seeing the ship in game! I may just have to break the bank if I like what I see when on holodeck :)
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is a genuine copy paste kdf avenger... not bad Worf your spy network did a great job. :)
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited December 2013
    I like it , nice to see the red team get a capable ship for a change , just a shame we cant all seem to be good natured about it too. :rolleyes:
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also, does everything the Avenger does, plus cloak, plus an arguably-better console, and doesn't give up anything (even a few thousand hull or something) in trade? Again, what?

Yes basically, it's the Avenger +1.

I disagree with it, and I think the Avenger deserves something to even the tables.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I love the ship, I love the console, I'm definitely buying it even though I only have a level 12 neglected kdf alt. But I have one small comment.

Now that we've established that releases will be carbon copies for each side, instead of profession divided 3 packs of the same ship, why not cross factional 3 packs where you drop 50 dollars, get the equivalent ship for each side, and then the third ship would be your choice of the fleet variant of either (but not both) ships? Or throw roms in there, too, and have an actual 3 faction 3 pack. That'd be nice. Either way, really. Maybe ship development would be slower, but you'd have a lot fewer players feeling neglectd and disenfranchised.
  • Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Why would a man who briefly became Chancellor of the Klingon Empire(and transferred it over to the head of his adopted House) stay dishonored and banished?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Because I haven't heard a single Klingon-specific player anywhere say they plan to do anything useful with it, just chest-thumping PVP nonsense.

What the Dev blogs say =/= What players will do with it.

So what if some Klingon players are going to go into PvP and use it? I'll be taking mine into STFs, Sphere events and other assorted PvE matches.
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bryligg wrote: »
    Yep. It's the Avenger with more crew and the cloak built in.

As the Avenger got something Fed cruisers generally don't (ability to mount DHC), the +1500 crew and effective +1 console slot (assuming both use cloak) are probably considered "equal".
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So it's basically the Avenger with more crew and innate cloak. Balance FTW.

Regardless... sorry, but not interested. I already have the Avenger on my FED (and I already got bored with it) so I see no point in buying basically the exact ship for a KDF char. I'd rather stick with my Fleet Vor'Cha, if only for a different boff layout.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I plan to use it PvE and shove it down the Voth ... Borg ... Elachi ... etc ... throats! :)

To the DEVs ... Great ship ... Can't wait!
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    G'hargh does the happy dance!!!!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I plan to play with it like a bek on Christmas morning. PvE or PvP it does not matter. I saw plenty of fed exclaiming their joy for the Avenger so I see no difference here.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Fed-KDF war needs to end...nuff said...the conclusion drawn from the "lore" aspect here is that Worf himself signed a deal to kill Feds. Guess that makes everything build up during TNG/DS9 trashed only in a few sentences. Sorry, but explanation-wise I cannot support you on this. You guys could have explained it in a more appropriate way.

Design-wise I like the look of it and I will be getting it I think.
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As usual there are lots of people just ranting for no apparent reason. Must be some form of addiction.

It's a great ship!!

The back story could use some fleshing out. STO in general could use more insights into the politics of the different playable species.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I plan to play with it like a bek on Christmas morning. PvE or PvP it does not matter. I saw plenty of fed exclaiming their joy for the Avenger so I see no difference here.

Amen, brother. ... Amen.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a question about the stats: What's a Tachyon beam array?

It mentions that one of the modes fires tachyon beams that function the same as a "tachyon beam array"...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    The Fed-KDF war needs to end...nuff said...the conclusion drawn from the "lore" aspect here is that Worf himself signed a deal to kill Feds. Guess that makes everything build up during TNG/DS9 trashed only in a few sentences. Sorry, but explanation-wise I cannot support you on this. You guys could have explained it in a more appropriate way.

Design-wise I like the look of it and I will be getting it I think.

I can't remember which interview he said it in, but Geko pretty much said that they are going to end the war between the KDF and FEDs.