Install Arc
Options

The Breach

Comments

• Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2013
    samt1996 wrote: »
    No it says "Clear The Hangar" on the mission box. Check for yourself and supply a screenshot if you wish.

No, it says to close the hangar bays. Try again.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh and stop feeding the troll, folks. He's convinced he's right and no amount of explaining, coaching or conversation will change his mind.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    OP, The Breach is not an STF. Not every 5-player mission is an STF.

Also, you must have read the tips posted underneath your first post. There are jet streams that move you along quickly, you are to attack the hanger bays and not the waves of ships, and the Voth Dreadnought is only immune to shield damage on 3 facings (meaning you must attack the 4th one to get anywhere)

We are not trolls for saying that you played that mission rather awfully. Rather, we are trying to help you understand how to play it properly, the right way, and to help you move away from the assumptions you've gathered and posted.

That is all

I take no offense to learning fellow player and I don't mind tips at all. I know it was my first round and we could've done better, what I DO object to is being called names and being cyber-bullied by that other jerk. The approach is everything. If someone nice like you had given the tips i would not have reacted as I did.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2013
    I take no offense to learning fellow player and I don't mind tips at all. I know it was my first round and we could've done better, what I DO object to is being called names and being cyber-bullied by that other jerk. The approach is everything. If someone nice like you had given the tips i would not have reacted as I did.

Sorry and welcome to the internet. I don't like it when players make wild assertions about content and refuse to admit that they just did it wrong. This only promotes a further dumbing down of the game when it's already becoming too easy for a lot of players. You even went so far as to list what ships you had with you as if that matters at all... any how I hope those tips help you, good luck.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013
    There is more then enough time to escape.
    You don't have to fly all the way back, there is a second hull breach opening along the way.

Oh and ditching those stupid combat impulse engines also helps.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sorry and welcome to the internet.

Some excuse.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some excuse.
    They all seem feeble at first, but remember it is a two-way street :)

Also, ignore themarie's most recent post, as it was posted before your most recent reaction. We intend to move on from all accusations of trolling (at least I hope... sometimes things go crazy regardless XD)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sorry and welcome to the internet. I don't like it when players make wild assertions about content and refuse to admit that they just did it wrong. This only promotes a further dumbing down of the game when it's already becoming too easy for a lot of players. You even went so far as to list what ships you had with you as if that matters at all... any how I hope those tips help you, good luck.

I'll just take that as an apology and will return the favor... I apologize for getting angry with you and calling you a jerk. I am thankful for everyone's tips but I don't see that ill play the mission much. The Voth just aren't my cup of tea. I still enjoy the old Borg STF's best. One final note, the DEVS should at least make the instructions a little more clear.

Thank You and goodnight all!:)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What the heck was up with the speeds... sometimes I'd be stuck in permanent full-impulse. Other times it was like I was stuck in mud with nothing obvious to slow me down (no debuffs). Huge mouse/control lag and the camera never followed right.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just did elite, was epic...more then enough time to escape.

Main core fight is excellent...needs more lazers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I average about 25 minutes on this one, even on tribble not knowing what to do.

The problem isn't that it's easy... it's that the reward vs time isn't worth it.
  • Options
    emh24emh24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Amazing! Truly Fun!
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't read the original post it's the worst player ever!

First off, if you fly in the jet streams around the Fortress Ship, you move extremely quickly like an X-Wing making a starting run on a Star Destroyer.

Second, you don't destroy waves inside the ship, you have to close the hangar bays, you silly goose. (To put it nicely.)

Third, the Voth ships only become immune on 1-3 shield facings. Go around and fire on their vulnerable facings, you brilliant master.

You wasted time because you are bad at this, and on normal difficulty no less! Even on my blind first attempt at Elite I was able to complete each section of the ship. Although I didn't make it out in time on my first attempt I was able to find the exit on my first play-through. L2P.

LOL... To your third point... Eh... If you want to really bother moving that much. I killed the Dread through its shields in no time. Not a big deal honestly. I mean since when do shields stop anything? LOL.

The first time I tried to exit the ship the door you want to use never opened... Bugs gotta love'em. The second time I could not make it because I was too high up when the core blew and thanks to Cryptic we cannot fly STRAIGHT DOWN... So of course... I blew up again. That really ticked me off.

This mission DESPERATELY needs a bit more instruction. Especially some arrows. I had folks leave because they could not figure out how to get to the Dreadnaught all because nothing ever points out that you can go down that path or that it opened up. If you are past that spot (which you usually are) you do not SEE it open up and can just see the enemy through the wall.

I have a question if you know the answer though... Those Docking Tractor Turrets in the Dreadnaught room: Is there any point in killing them? Do they actually do anything?
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This was a really easy mission. I died trying to get out because I got confused but only one person in my pug group even died, and that was to flying into a plasma vent.

OP: have you considered playing Galaxia instead? It might be more your thing.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    eatsmarteatsmart Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    I have a question if you know the answer though... Those Docking Tractor Turrets in the Dreadnaught room: Is there any point in killing them? Do they actually do anything?

They can decloak you if you go near them while zooming around to ninja-rescue the allied ships. They can also shove you around a bit, which can lose you some of your speed if you're relying on evasive manouvres to get away quickly after rescue. Pretty sure the dread is the only required kill in that room and the other ships are just stuff to be tanked/evaded while you grab the bonus points for the ship rescues.
  • Options
    tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eatsmart wrote: »
    They can decloak you if you go near them while zooming around to ninja-rescue the allied ships. They can also shove you around a bit, which can lose you some of your speed if you're relying on evasive manouvres to get away quickly after rescue. Pretty sure the dread is the only required kill in that room and the other ships are just stuff to be tanked/evaded while you grab the bonus points for the ship rescues.

You don't have to Ninja anything. Just go in guns blazing and when they put up their immunity shield flank them. They die extremely quickly if you just pay attention to the shield facings you're firing into.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You don't have to Ninja anything. Just go in guns blazing and when they put up their immunity shield flank them. They die extremely quickly if you just pay attention to the shield facings you're firing into.

Wastes too much time
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wastes too much time

So waste more time wailing on a facing thats completely immune to your damage?

That makes so much sense
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wastes too much time

It couldn't possibly waste more time than you are already wasting.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wastes too much time

Pretty sure it won't waste 45 minutes of time.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    edited November 2013

That makes so much sense

no no no no Noooooo.

save the ship. go away. there is no shooting the voth around the ship it is a waste of time in the dread room.

hence "ninja".

not rocket science people.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you made me think we had a new stf :(
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    no no no no Noooooo.

Good thing too, since you're no rocket scientist.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    no no no no Noooooo.

save the ship. go away. there is no shooting the voth around the ship it is a waste of time in the dread room.

hence "ninja".

Here I found a space game more on your skill level:
    http://www.galagagame.net/galaxian.php
    :)
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gardat wrote: »
    Here I found a space game more on your skill level:
    http://www.galagagame.net/galaxian.php
    :)

I'd like to see you beat it! :P
  • Options
    bobiwanbobiwan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That makes so much sense

I did this on Elite before maintenance with 1 player being a random matchup(4-man premade). None of us knew any of the tricks posted in this topic. We burned it in 20 minutes flat. I'd argue if you need to drop shields to take down an enemy efficiently, you are doing it wrong. Plenty of DOT damage available in-game without even actually using plasma through fleet science consoles, added to bleedthrough, and they pop non-issue. Don't know what OP's issue is really, even clueless it's not THAT time-consuming. :/
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After that we spent several minutes flying down identical boring corridors until we finally found a Voth Dreadnought. Then we... YOU GUESSED IT! Spent another 5-10 mind-numbing minutes hammering away at a nearly invincible ship. Its shields NEVER dropped and we had to kill it on bleed-through, which may I remind everyone is only 10% or less of your damage.

Here I stopped reading, as clearly all this is just a testimony of your own gross incompetence. When I first ran this mission, yesterday, I was the first to arrive at the dreadnought, and already had it below 60% when others joined in (we all were a bit disoriented at first, and some seemed to have lingered behind a bit, waiting for new waves or something). So, when I hear you talk about "a nearly invincible ship," what I really hear you say, is that you were flying "a hardly viable ship and/or loadout, with a hardly viable pilot."

To everyone else: go ahead, and just play this mission! It's visually stunning, fun, and (apart from escaping in time, which I haven't quite mastered yet), quite easy to do, too (on 'Nomal'. Haven't done it on 'Elite' yet: want to know it a bit better first).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    did the breach on elite today in random pug as always voth are soloable easy around the outside of the voth fortress is the fortress effect you'll go at a warp type speed and drop out back to normal speed along the side of the ship if you are close enough zooming along firing at points is pretty awesome at that speed great fun.

at the mini core in which you click to open to show a small core inside and no breaks on an odyssey i flew right in it closed on me and well....[Combat (Self)] You lose 581236 (598048) Cold from the torment of the underworld. lol truely a "what? um oops" moment.
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I LOVE THE BREACH

:) I had so much fun doing it with my friends. The art was amaaaazing... especially when you first see the ship head on. GORGEOUS. It was easier the second time around and much faster. The only hard part I had the first round was figuring out where the exit was and getting out in time before the ship exploded lol.

Good job designers and what not. I had a most enjoyable experience.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zomg! Took longer than ISE! :eek:
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.