test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got my installer tucked away right here just in case. :D
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trahdahlin wrote: »
    I am glad that I kept my download of the launcher. I do not agree with having an additional launcher to launch another launcher to play a game. Unnecessary.

That's a good point. I tried downloading ARC and getting the game that way.

I am glad to hear they finally got the error conditions replicated. Hopefully they can get a fix in tonight or tomorrow and patch Wednesday.

Anyways, @Branflakes...are they going to extend the Tribble Giveaway again so that we can get the Solanae Tribble? If not, can I ask a friend of mine to get into the game on my account and claim it for me? I've got no other computer I can sign into for playing STO and they are not having any problems getting in.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    Raven thats one of those questions that if you ask the answer will be no. If you trust the person Its between you and them and nobody elses.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Anyways, @Branflakes...are they going to extend the Tribble Giveaway again so that we can get the Solanae Tribble? If not, can I ask a friend of mine to get into the game on my account and claim it for me? I've got no other computer I can sign into for playing STO and they are not having any problems getting in.

Don't bother asking, all they do is ignore our questions due to their "no communication" policy.
  • trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just had someone do that for me anyways. Reliable people ARE out there. ANd if it that much of a bother, just change your password afterwards.

Glad to know that they have been able to replicate the issue, just really hoping it does get resolved.
    edited November 2013
    I just had someone do that for me anyways. Reliable people ARE out there. ANd if it that much of a bother, just change your password afterwards.

Glad to know that they have been able to replicate the issue, just really hoping it does get resolved.

That only would work if you know them in RL, as you wouldn't give username/password over internet as they might just change it. Unfortunately, not all of us have this option. Quite frankly we shouldn't be forced to resort to this is Cryptic is at fault here.
  • terrafideterrafide Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finally got the launcher to update the game, sort of... Two days now it will only go to 75% and then stops responding... *sigh:(
    The only way I could get it to do an update, and I cant figure out the difference was to start the launcher through Steam. If I use Arc .. nothing
  • johnadonaldsonjohnadonaldson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well people, the latest updated seems to have fixed both Holodeck and Tribble for me. I sent an updated ticket to support but I told them I was NOT closing my ticket until I was convinced that the fix is good. I also noticed that they shutdown the RedShirt Shard too. The one thing that still bothers me, is that the Revision number of the Game for Tribble is the same as for Holodeck. Does this mean that the same game is on both servers. If so then why are we paying an subscription fee or in my case a Life member subscription.

Jhaxxar
    edited November 2013
    That only would work if you know them in RL, as you wouldn't give username/password over internet as they might just change it. Unfortunately, not all of us have this option. Quite frankly we shouldn't be forced to resort to this is Cryptic is at fault here.

OF course if you know someone in real life yes, fortunately I do. So I am glad I did not miss out on the tribbles. But the problem still remains, that we should not have to have someone play for us to get things done.
    edited November 2013
    Well people, the latest updated seems to have fixed both Holodeck and Tribble for me. I sent an updated ticket to support but I told them I was NOT closing my ticket until I was convinced that the fix is good. I also noticed that they shutdown the RedShirt Shard too. The one thing that still bothers me, is that the Revision number of the Game for Tribble is the same as for Holodeck. Does this mean that the same game is on both servers. If so then why are we paying an subscription fee or in my case a Life member subscription.

Jhaxxar

Holodeck hasn't even been patched yet. Only Tribble was.
    edited November 2013
    OF course if you know someone in real life yes, fortunately I do. So I am glad I did not miss out on the tribbles. But the problem still remains, that we should not have to have someone play for us to get things done.

Thanks a lot for rubbing in faces.:mad:
    edited November 2013
    See the Holodeck patch notes now says we'll be screwed for another week, so we'll be without the game for three weeks.
    edited November 2013
    Time for a new Sig Ill post it later tonight.

Based on the patch notes the EARLIEST we will see a fix is DECEMBER 5! If we see it then!:mad::eek::mad::mad:

To any Gold and Lifers. I suggest we all file support tickets to Billing asking them what they plan to do for us!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    See the Holodeck patch notes now says we'll be screwed for another week, so we'll be without the game for three weeks.

Maybe not...I would like to hope they manage something tonight and get in quick tomorrow to make sure it works.
  • bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Naw, I have read the patch notes .....Known problems A crash is occurring for some at the loading screen after launching STO. ...does not mention a fix ....but we will find out on Wednesday ~!!
    edited November 2013

U dont have a fleety you trust ? that is a shame ~!! the good thing through all this if there is a good thing is I have someone I trust ..they have taken care of my daily lobi as well ~!
    edited November 2013
    bornbadd wrote: »
    U dont have a fleety you trust ? that is a shame ~!! the good thing through all this if there is a good thing is I have someone I trust ..they have taken care of my daily lobi as well ~!

It isn't that. I can't reach my fleet because of this. :(
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    alright now it's time to try steam
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    Y'all don't have a website =( ...that truly does suck ... Cant expect Cryptic to hold our rewards ..... and that also sucks ...so I had to take matters into my own hands or hers in this case lol ~!
    edited November 2013
    bornbadd wrote: »

You're really stupid if you're going to give your username/password to a fleet member that you don't know in real life. That's just asking for trouble.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hope you all get in soon, and that this patch does not cause more problems. My humble opinion of Season 8 after short time exploring......MEH. Good luck guys.

Former Phage Fleet Member.
    Error:18897741
    Cure Cost: $120 Video Card Upgrade
    Experience in Season 8 so far: MEH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've decided to try a new game till they get this fixed if anyone wants to join me on Warframe please do always looking for new people to play with once I get in going, I will let everyone know what my Name is on there so that you can find me
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I might have a solution for you, you will be inconvenienced a little bit (long install/patching) but depending on the urgency of the situation it's definitely worth it.

Champions online and neverwinter share the same chat servers with sto, so it's possible to get in contact with people who are logged on the sto server (email, private tells, or sto private channel). I know for a fact that champions online works for me, so I strongly recommend you try that one first.

Thanks. I will hope that works and I have Arc so maybe not as long as you think. ^_^

EDIT: But I will try my friend first. Hopefully she will be able to get in.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's it! I've decided to do something with the money my dad sent me for my birthday a few weeks ago. I was thinking of buying an STO disc with a code for some in-game item, or maybe some zen but I think my new idea is better.

Black t-shirt. Printed Star Fleet Delta over left breast. 18897741 in bold print across the middle of the shirt. Nothing else. Wear it out in malls and town centres and just see if ANYONE out there playing STO notices it and smiles.

that is actually a good idea!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I called that!! 3 weeks....How did I know?
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just a reminder, this was posted last week so you may have forgot.

Drozana Station was decided as a meeting place for "persistent officers" that is also a reference tag for fleets and whatnot.

we used to refer to ourselves as the "leper fleet" and for a very shot time "the phage",
    there are in-game references, fleet, chat and so on with those tags.

also a chat channel called OrderofPersistance has been created
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    edited November 2013
    You're really stupid if you're going to give your username/password to a fleet member that you don't know in real life. That's just asking for trouble.
    How Very Kind of you to Imply I am stupid , tell ya what if she decides to delete all my toons, then I will come back here and say I am stupid ....otherwise mind your own business ..I for one am thankful for the Kindness and the time my friend has taken to help me out ....My account must still work and my password might just work as I am able to read how I must be pretty stupid and reply to your stellar advice... its pretty sad no one likes you enough to offer to have taken care of your daily Lobi, grab your tribbles , and look out for you while you Hope and pray Cryptic extends your reward. Mine have been claimed... now lets focus on the matter at hand and hope to get all of us in server before the doomsday comet hits the planet and ends all our trekking for--evvvvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr....:P

P.s. If it was someone I knew in real life and they deleted my toons what would be the difference ? I could resort to Violence ?? gimmie a break
This discussion has been closed.